Clamp School Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Nokoru's First Love ❯ Origins of the Demon Signs and the Lich King ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: I think I've neglected this fic long enough. This is Chapter 6. Before I start, a Q&A session to the following reviewer.
 
Shini no Tenshi: (Authoress looks insulted) I'm a girl, not a guy. (Pouts) I will try to update, that is if my memory is still correct with the anime.
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts and flashbacks. As you can see in the previous chapter, I don't really like Serenity very much.
 
Chapter 6: Origins of the Demon Signs and the Lich King
 
SailorStar9: I know what you're thinking: (Groans) Not another memory chapter.
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every single time? I own not the legal rights of
Sailor Moon or CLAMP Campus Detectives.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Somewhere in the Universe, the ghastly figure of the late Princess Serenity cursed her own foolishness and selfishness as she recalled the events that would eventually lead to the downfall of the Silver Millennium. Why wasn't she just satisfied with only Endymion? And how was she to know how dangerous and corrupting the Twisting Nether was?
 
After Prince Orion's rejection, Princess Serenity swore vengeance on Mercury for `stealing' Orion from her.
 
Pilfering through the ancient strolls, the White Moon Princess chanced upon a passage describing the power of the Demon Signs.
 
Quickly scanning through the segment, Princess Serenity's eyes widened in satiable pleasure at the sheer power of the Demons.
 
If I could summon the Demons, then Mercury will be destroyed and Orion will be mine. She thought gleefully.
 
Rubbing her hands in pure anticipation, the White Moon Princess searched through the library for the way to call forth the Demons.
 
She found out that the Demon Signs were five stones borne of the Twisting Nether. Once all five Demons were summoned, Metallia will be called forth.
 
To summon the Demon Signs, one must first call forth the Twisting Nether.
 
Gasping, Princess Serenity recalled what her mother had told her about the Nether.
The Twisting Nether was an ethereal dimension of chaotic magics that connected the many myriad worlds of the universe. It was also home to an indefinite number of malefic demonic beings that live only to destroy life and devour the energies of the living universe.
 
Queen Serenity had warned that summoning the Nether will cause the downfall of the Silver Millennium.
 
The Nether is dangerous, my dear child. Whatever you do, never ever call forth the Nether. Queen Serenity's words echoed in her head.
 
Princess Serenity's resolve was shaken.
 
Then, her thoughts returned to the night before, as she watched in jealousy as Orion danced with Mercury.
 
Was she destined to only watch the happy couple? NO! Orion will be hers, at all costs!
But does `at all costs' include destroying her home and defying her mother?
 
Princess Serenity was torn between her conflicting thoughts.
 
Just as she was contemplating, Princess Serenity felt the scroll call out to her, as if saying, Take me and you will get what you deserve.
 
Decision made, she grabbed the summoning scroll. Hiding it in her dress, she headed off to the dark spot of the Sea of Serenity, where the collection of dark magics was.
 
Intent of reaching the Icecrown, Serenity ignored the pleadings of the other Inner Princesses and proceeded to the Sea of Serenity.
 
Coupled with a burning wish to study and master the dark arts of necromancy, Serenity sought to reject her mother's precepts of Elune worship and embrace the dark magics.
 
After weeks of trekking through the harsh arctic wastelands, the White Moon Princess finally reached the dark glacier of the Icecrown.
 
Upon arrival to the Icecrown, the dark spirits immediately overwhelmed the White Moon Princess, surrounding her in their covet energies.
 
Besieged by the terrible ecstasy of the dark magics, Princess Serenity was thrown into a magic frenzy. At that point, she was converted.
 
A dark, brooding shroud had then veiled Princess Serenity's once entrancing beauty.
 
Finally, she chanted the spell to call forth the Nether to her.
 
With the last word uttered, swirls of dark necromancy magics converged above her. The skies grew overcast and lightning cracked. The scroll was burnt into nothingness.
 
Unfazed, Princess Serenity stood determinedly before the approaching Nether.
 
From the Nether itself, the three Demon Signs emerged, and floated into the eager hands of the Moon Princess.
 
Then, the darkened sky turned back to light and all returned to normal.
 
Chuckling triumphantly, she pocketed the stones. Seconds later, she was teleported back to the Moon Palace.
 
In her resting chambers, Princess Serenity uncovered the three stones.
 
The very first Sign was Charel, the Demoness of Fire. Her symbol was of a dark fiery phoenix.
 
The second was Geos, the Demon of Earth. His mark was of a stone golem.
 
And the third was Sargeras himself, the Demon of Darkness and overlord of the Nameless Void. His sign was of a Titan of hate and flame.
 
Her objective achieved, Princess Serenity had also found that she could manipulate her newfound necromantic magics to either create or destroy at her leisure.
 
From there, she toyed with the delusion that the concept of order itself was folly - and that chaos and depravity were the only absolutes in the in this dark and lonely universe.
 
Deciding to test the extent of the `Dragon Mistress's capabilities, the new necromancer formed a viewing globe, showing Orion with her rival.
 
Growling in jealously, she summoned felhounds to attack the couple.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Meanwhile, Orion was napping on Mercury's lap, while the girl herself was reading a novel.
 
Then, her attention was diverted from her book, when the bright sky grew overcast.
 
Frowning, she knew something was up, as the darkened sky suddenly rained molten meteorites.
 
The impact of the first meteorite jolted the sleeping stellar prince awake.
 
“I take it this isn't a normal occurrence.” Orion death-panned.
 
Mercury nodded.
 
“It isn't.” she answered.
 
Turning to him, Mercury noticed that Orion was calling on the prophetic powers of the stars.
 
“Orion, anything?” she asked, moments later.
 
The blonde shook his head.
 
“Someone's obscuring my readings.” He confessed.
 
“Felhounds.” Saturn hissed, appearing behind the couple, with Andromeda.
 
“Great, just great.” Mercury muttered.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Watching from the viewing globe, Princess Serenity grinned maliciously as the events unfolded.
 
A shift in magic indicated that Mercury had henshinned into her Senshi form.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“Crystalis Mercury, Make UP!' came Princess Mercury's henshin cry as her palm raiser appeared. (A/N: Was influenced by `The Gansazers.)
 
Princess Saturn's transformation call came simultaneously, “Crystalis Saturn, Make UP!”
 
The two princesses were encased on their own elements.
 
Mere seconds later, the two Senshi appeared.
 
Both Orion and Andromeda had too transformed into their Stellar Dragon forms.
 
“Incoming!” Crystalis Sailor Saturn warned.
 
Crystalis Sailor Mercury attacked.
 
“Icicle Ray!”
 
A beam of ice shot from her outstretched finger, coating the first line of felhounds in solid ice.
 
“Morning Star Smash!” came Dragon Andromeda's call.
 
A bright ray of starlight came crashing down from the heavens, destroying the hellhounds.
 
Dragon Orion began shooting arrows of starlight from his bow, annihilating the frozen felhounds.
 
However, when one felhound was wiped out, it was replaced by another two felhounds.
 
“Dead Scream.” came a whisper.
 
The four fighters turned to see Sailor Pluto behind them. With her, were Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune.
 
Sailor Uranus called out her attack.
 
“World Shaking!”
 
“Deep Submerge!”
 
Sailor Neptune's ball of water emerged with Sailor Uranus' energy sphere, creating a devastating orb of power, which smashed through the felhounds, disintegrating them.
 
“Any idea who sent them, Sailor Pluto?” Dragon Orion asked the Senshi of Time.
 
The Senshi of Time shook her head, “For once, I don't even know where they came from, let alone who sent them.”
 
“Death Beam!” Crystalis Sailor Saturn cried out her attack.
 
A dark purple wave of death energy escaped from her open palm and raced towards the approaching felhounds. That wiped out an entire column of felhounds.
 
“This isn't getting anywhere.” Sailor Neptune noted, after she fired another attack.
 
“Try Level Two attacks.” Crystalis Sailor Saturn suggested.
 
“Starlight Storm!” came the unison cry from the two Stellar Dragons. Half of the felhound army was totally annihilated.
 
The five Senshi sweatdropped.
 
Crystalis Sailor Saturn remarked, “I stand corrected, a Level Five attack might work.”
 
After the huge wave of starlight, the two Stellar Dragon collapsed on all fours, reverting back to their princely outfits.
 
“Sorry girls, out of power.” Andromeda apologized.
 
“All yours ladies.” Orion agreed.
 
“Plasma Meltdown!”
 
A surge of plasma hit the huge wave of felhounds.
 
“Never early, are you Sun?” Sailor Uranus teased.
 
“Fire Star Illusion!” a combined wave of fire and wind rushed past the six Senshi,
melting down a couple more felhounds.
 
“Mind if we crash the party?” Sailor Lillith asked.
 
“Not at all, the more the merrier.” Sailor Neptune interjected.
 
“Ladies, do you want to end this the long or short way?” Crystalis Sailor Mercury asked.
 
“Want do you mean?” Sailor Sun asked her cousin.
 
“We can either tire ourselves out, firing attacks at them, or I can summon the Dragons.” She replied.
 
The other six looked at each other, in uncertainty.
 
At last, it was Sailor Pluto who answered.
 
“Summon the Dragons, `Dragon Mistress'.”
 
Crystalis Sailor Mercury nodded, and the “Dragon Harp' materialized in her palm.
 
Sailor Pluto's eyes widened when she realized which tune Crystalis Sailor Mercury had played.
 
It was the tune to summon both Malygos and Alexstrasza.
 
She must have enough magic reserves to support the two Dragon Heads! Sailor Pluto thought in horror.
 
Before anyone knew anything, the skies darkened as five immense gateways opened from the heavens.
 
The two Dragon Heads had arrived.
 
Without warning, the two Dragons fired their elemental attacks at the felhounds beneath.
 
With one massive sweep of fire and ice, the remaining felhounds were destroyed.
 
Their job accomplished, the two Dragons returned to Kalimdor.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Princess Serenity scoffed when she saw Crystalis Sailor Mercury collapsed in Sailor Pluto's arms.
 
“That weakling, she collapses after such an easy battle. She can't even support two low-leveled dragons. I can do so much better than her. Orion was a fool to have chosen her.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Sargeras was the third Demon to be called forth by Princess Serenity.
 
Feeling around, he was pleased to discover the pure essence of the `Dragon Mistress'.
 
Consumed by an unsatiable hunger to claim Princess Mercury as his dark bride, this dark lord of the Nameless Void agreed to assist the lustful Moon Princess.
 
However, Sargeras' presence was soon detected by Queen Serenity. Angered by her daughter's actions, the powerful descendent of the Moon Goddess, Elune, banished all
three Demons to Earth, sealing them into the stones they initially were.
 
Unfortunately, one of the Terran Queens picked the three Demon Signs and succeeded in summoning all three Demons.
 
Over the next three years, Beryl of Pandora gathered the remaining two Demon Signs: Eolos, Demoness of Air and Lumos, who was ironically, the Demon of Light.
 
Finally, Metallia was summoned.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
The Terrans who worshipped the Moon Goddess, Elune for years, knew nothing corruption or spiritual decay.
 
However, as the years passed, the Terrans grew steadily dissatisfied with the overruling Lunaians.
 
Knowing that they were no match against the all-powerful Moon Queen, one of the more power-hungry Terran Kings sought to seek out a power strong enough to go against Queen Serenity.
 
Going through the texts, Draenor discovered the existence of the Twisting Nether.
 
Gathering his most powerful followers, they linked their magics into one focused spell to bring the Nether to their world.
 
Thus, two of the five Demon Signs were called forth. As for the rest of the Demon Signs, they were already in the hands of Princess Serenity.
 
Draenor felt the immense power of death emitting from the stones. He knew he needed more power in order to fully harness the stones' power.
 
As such, Draenor sought out the fiendish Tomb of Idillian that he believed held the ultimate power to controlling the Demon Signs. To his horror, when he opened the ancient vault, the Pandora Queen, Beryl was seated on the Frozen Throne.
 
To serve or not to serve was the question.
 
Beryl had sworn vengeance on Draenor for his defiance from before. Beryl had conquered almost every kingdom there was. Only Draenor's kingdom and Camelot remained unattainable.
 
Pleased that the arrogant King had presented himself as a lamb to be slaughtered, Beryl tortured the king mercilessly, by slowly tearing his body apart, piece by piece, while keeping his spirit alive, making him painfully aware of what was happening to his body.
 
Though Draenor pleaded with Beryl to release his spirit and grant him death, the evil Queen flatly refused. She was determined to make use of this newfound pawn.
 
Holding Draenor's tortured and helpless soul in stasis, Beryl gave him a chance to serve her or suffer eternal torment.
 
Recklessly, Draenor agreed to the dark soceress' pact. As such, the two Demon Signs that were in Draenor's possession were now in the hands of Beryl.
 
Draenor's soul was placed in a crafted block of solidified fire taken from the core of the Twisting Nether. Encased in the solid cask, Draenor could feel his consciousness expend ten thousand times. Wrapped by the demoness's chaotic power, Draenor became a being of unfathomable power.
 
From then on, the human known as Draenor was no more, and the Lich King was born.
Beryl then explained the mission she had for him: Draenor was spread a plague of death and terror across the Terran lands that will snuff out human civilization forever. Those who died would arise as the undead and their spirits will be fed to her, giving her enough power to call forth all five Demons and henceforth summon Metallia.
 
Beryl also promised that if Draenor completed his task, his soul would be free to seek out a new healthy body to inhabit.
 
Then, she cast the cask back to Terran land.
 
From the confines of the Fiery Throne, Draenor began to reach out and touch the minds of the native people. With surprising ease, he enslaved many indigenous creatures. As the Lich King mastered his growing powers, he discovered a remote human settlement on the fringe of the seashore.
 
It was at that time that Draenor decided to test his powers and the plague on the unsuspecting humans.
 
Controlling the plague with his willpower alone, Draenor drove it straight into the village. Within three days, every human soul in the settlement was dead. The villagers then rose as zombified corpses.
 
Beryl was extremely pleased as she began to feed.
 
“Well done, Draenor.” She had said. “But I need more.”
 
Over the following months, Draenor continued to experiment with his plague of the undead by subjugating every human there was. As his army of the undead grew steadily, Draenor knew Beryl would never release him from his terrible curse. And due to his great power, he knew the demons would destroy him as soon as his mission was over.
 
Still, he still had one chance of freedom - one chance to escape his terrible curse. If he could find a host - a dupe who was torn between darkness and light - he could possess that body and escape from the confines of the Fiery Throne forever.
 
Thus, the Lich King sent out his vast consciousness out once again to seek out the perfect host.
 
To his surprise, he found, not only one, but four. Draenor was very pleased with his newest conscripts.
 
Thus, the four Dark Generals were born.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: Wow, this chapter is long overdue.