Code Geass Fan Fiction ❯ Royalty In Rebellion ❯ Royalty In Rebellion ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Notes: An alternate ending story, beginning mid-way through episode 22.
 
Royalty In Rebellion
 
“To me, you are the worst kind of enemy I face.” Lelouch sighed, turning and facing Euphemia, “You win.” Lelouch watched Euphemia, her wide eyes watching him. “Lets plan how we can make this Specialty Administration Zone survive.” Euphemia brightened, but Lelouch stopped her, “Ah, but I don't intend to become your subordinate.”
“Okay.” Euphemia shrugged, “But you sure don't have any confidence in me.”
Lelouch's eyebrow rose, “Hmm?”
“Lelouch, you thought that I would shoot you if you threatened me?”
“A-ah, you're mistaken.” Lelouch swept back, “No one is able to go against any order I give, if I'm serious about it. `Shoot me.' `Relieve Suzaku from duty.' It's the same no matter what order.”
A small smile crossed Euphemia's lips, “Jeez, you keep cracking weird jokes.”
“It's the truth.” Lelouche looked at her, his eyes gazing into hers, “If I say, `Destroy Britannia.' It doesn't matter what you think.”
The geass struck Euphemia, flowing through her, her mind altering, the chemicals and neurons turning and realigning. She gasped; her eyes silhouetted red, “No… I… No…” She backpedaled. Lelouch blinked, watching her arms clutch her shoulders. “I don't want to destroy Britannia.” Euphemia fell to her knees, her eyes gleaming red in the darkness, “No...” Her body shuddering, tears welling in her eyes, she collapsed to the floor.
“Don't tell me…” Lelouch murmured, watching in shocked realization as Euphie looked back up at him, crimson rings in her eyes.
“That's right, I must destroy Britannia.”
`What?' Lelouche gasped, `I've become like Mao. I can't turn off my Geass!' He rushed to her side, “Forget the order I just gave you! Euphie!” She grabbed the ceramic dart gun from the ground, turning and fleeing as he stood behind her, “Euphie, please wait!”
 
11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111
 
Euphemia ran through the hallways, dashing out onto the stage, slowing down at the end of the podium, looking over droves of Japanese citizens waiting for renewed independence. General Darlton stood from his chair, “Vice Governor-General, where is Zero?”
Euphemia ignored him, looking over the crowd, a smile on her face, “Everyone who calls themselves Britannia: I have a request.” She looked at the assembled crowd with awe, “Help me destroy Britannia.”
A hush hung throughout the stadium, the crowd and the soldiers staring at her in disbelief, murmurs spreading throughout the crowd.
Lelouch reached the stage, stopping as he saw Suzaku lying on the ground, “Huh? Suzaku?!” He stared at his friend's unconscious form, `Did he just lose consciousness? But why?'
“Erm…” Euphie's voice echoed throughout the stadium, “I was hoping you would rebel, but is that impossible? Then, can all the soldiers please annihilate each other? It's a massacre.”
“Huh? Is she serious?” Kirihara stood, watching the princess in disbelief.
Darlton swept back to look at the media, “Cut off the microphones and cameras!”
“Euphie! Stop it!” Zero continued his charge, Euphie mere feet away, almost in reach when two Britanian guards ran in front of him, their ceremonial rifles blocking his path, “Stop!”
“Move away!” Zero's synthecized voice echoed from his helmet and he tried to reach between the rifles in vain.
“You terrorist…”
The clip above his eye dropped and he glared at the guards, “Move away!”
His geass never took effect, the sound of a gun going off hushing the crowd. Euphie's hair blew back, softly falling on her back as Darlton fell to his knees, clutching his side, and then collapsing onto the stage. Euphemia smiled sweetly, turning back to the microphone, “Now, will all the soldiers please hurry? Do it, everyone from Britannia.”
There was utter silence, the crowd of soldier and civilian Japanese staring in shock. Princess Euphemia looked at Zero, tipping her head and smiling as she shot the guards that held him. “Zero, you will help me destroy Britannia, won't you?”
 
11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111
 
Suzaku's eyes opened, his mind still in a haze, he swore he could hear… gunfire? The haze lifted and he sat up, watching a knightmare frame firing at the stage. His eyes widened, watching as Zero used Euphemia as a human shield as he ran. The wall behind them cracked and shattered, the bullets biting through it. Suzaku's eyes widened in horror as they Zero threw her to the ground, landing on top of her. He looked back to the knightmare frame, running towards it, waving his arms to draw it's attention, “Stop! What are you doing? You'll hit Euphemia!”
The knightmare frame stopped, its head turning to him, “I'm an Honorary Knight of Britannia, Kururugi Suzaku! Stop firing right now!”
“The vice governor-general has committed an act of treason and is in league with the terrorist Zero.”
“What?” Suzaku gaped, “That doesn't make any sense!”
“She killed General Darlton and ordered us to destroy Britannia, she must be taken into custody.” The knightmare frame took a step forward, wheels spinning as it moved to grab the pair. Bullets tore into the machine and it skidded away, collapsing onto its side. Suzaku had barely turned to the knightmare that had saved them when it too was destroyed.
“W-what is happening?” Suzaku looked about in shock as the crowd fled, soldiers loyal to Euphemia firing at the ones that dared fire at the princess and Zero. He swallowed, looking back to where Zero was dragging Euphemia to her feet. His blood began to boil and he chaged, “Zero! Let her go!”
Zero dragged Euphie to her feet as she screamed for the soldiers to tear each other apart. Lelouch gritted his teeth, “Euphie, we must get out of here now. It's not safe here.”
“They must destroy each other, Britannia must be destroyed.” Euphie's voice strained, and she struggled with him, pulling free from his grasp and running to a fallen soldier, grabbing his gun and aiming for the nearest Britannian in sight.
Suzaku stopped, unable to move another step, Euphemia's gun pointed at his chest. “Euphemia…” He shook his head, “What are you doing?”
“Suzaku!” She smiled widely, her rifle falling to her side, “I'm so happy to see you. Will you help me destroy Britannia?” She laughed giddily, happily, beaming as she waited for his response.
“W-what?” Suzaku stammered, “Euphemia, what's wrong? Why are you doing this?”
Her head tipped slightly to the side, “I must destroy Britannia.”
“Euphie… What has happened to you?” He took a step forward, and she drew back, concerned.
“Won't you help me destroy Britannia?” Her voice shook, joy draining from her face, “You must. If you… if you don't…”
“Euphie,” He ran to her, “You must stop this, this is all a mistake.”
Euphie's gaze grew distant, and she tried to recollect her thoughts, “Y-you are Britannian… you won't… turn against them…” She shook her head, closing her eyes, “No. I can't… No. I can't think of that… can't…” Her hands trembled and the gun fell from her grasp. “Please… Suzaku… help me.”
“Get down!”
Without thought of who gave the order, Suzaku threw himself on top of her, sending them both onto the stage as bullets tore through the air, plumes of concrete dust exploding from the wall where the bullets had struck. He rolled off her, glaring at the knightmare that hovered over him, it's gun pointing at him. His eyes grew red, his body tensing as he saw the trigger moving back.
The red and black beam of the hadron cannon enveloped the machine, the metal frame disappearing as it was superheated and rendered slag. Suzaku froze, turning around just in time to see Gawain's massive hand scooping up part of the stage.
 
11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 1111111
 
“We have them.” CC murmured.
“Good.” Lelouch took off his mask, “Inform the Black Knights that we will rendezvous with them shortly.”
CC paused, looking at the couple huddled together in Gawain's hands, “This wasn't your plan.”
Lelouch scowled, “I know that.”
“What are you going to do with them?”
Lelouch was quiet; “I didn't intend to use Euphie, not in this way.” CC turned back to look at him, his eye gleaming red, her symbol etched over his pupil, “I didn't use my Geass. No, I didn't intend to use my Geass.”
CC's gaze lingered on him for a moment longer, `I see. Indeed, what happened earlier…'
“I made the contract knowing it. I knew how dangerous this power could be.” Lelouch tensed.
CC turned back, watching the Britannian army burst through the walls of the stadium, “Hey, the Britannian army has come out of the venue.”
Lelouch gazed to Gawain's hand, watching Euphie clutch tightly to Suzaku, her head buried in his chest. Suzaku was glaring at the cabin, trying to pierce the tinted glass. “Yes...” Lelouch murmured, matching Suzaku's gaze, “Since things have turned out like this, I no choice but to make full use of Euphemia.” A smile spread across Lelouch's lips, “But that is not the only thing I can do…”
 
Author's Notes: I hope you enjoyed. This should be interesting to write. Here's hoping I can keep some sort of pace with it.