Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Happily Ever After? ❯ Chapter 12: Odd's Option ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Hello loyal fans. I have updated as promised. I’m not sure if you all will like this chapter, but I’m fledging forwards anyway. Let’s get goin’!

Disclaimer: You know what I don’t own.

Claimer: You do know what I do own.

Chapter 12: Odd’s Option

“I have a third option for you, XANA,” Odd said, with hope in his voice (ironic, no?)

“You do?” XANA asked, obviously intrigued. “What is this third option of yours, Odd?”

“I want to…uh…..I want to sacrifice myself to save my friends.” Odd said with fleeting courage. Yumi, Ulrich, Aelita, and Jeremie were stunned. They couldn’t possibly have possibly heard what they thought their purple clad friend said. Was it possible?

“Odd, I don’t think I heard what you said,” Ulrich responded, hoping against all hope he didn’t hear his friend correctly.

“No, you heard me right, Ulrich,” Odd said, tears forming in his eyes. “Don’t you see, Ulrich? Everyone’s happy now. Aelita has been cured, you and Yumi are finally dating, and Mr. and Mrs. Einstein are inseparable.” Odd’s voice was beginning to crack. “And, I’m not going to let some fucking, 2-bit computer virus ruin our lives!” Odd lost it, and began to cry. He wasn’t crying crybaby tears, his tears came form the heart.

“Odd, you don’t have to-”

“I know I don’t have to, Ulrich; I want to. I want to.” Ulrich could see the sincerity of Odd’s words on his saline spotted face. “I want my friends to be forever happy. If that means I have to let myself go, then that’s what I will do.” Odd’s words moved every single person in the elevator. Ulrich, Jeremie, Yumi, and Aelita were in tears. They cried their hearts out, then cried a little more. What else could they do for their best friend?

Jeremie embraced his long time friend in a warm hug. Yumi, Ulrich, and Aelita followed suit. No one could imagine life without Odd, the funny, lighthearted, modest, pointy-haired, purple loving boy they had grown to know and love.

Suddenly, the ANAX program beeped. It displayed 3 minutes 30 seconds. Odd broke up the group’s embrace. He had to follow through with his plan. “XANA, you have heard my option, do you accept?” XANA was quite stunned at the boy’s request as well. He couldn’t believe his bravery. How foolish the boy was. XANA could accept Odd’s offer or he could simply reject it and let the group of friends die together. Or, he could also… “Do you accept XANA?” Odd questioned again.

“Yes I do Odd, yes I do.” The ANAX program stopped at 2 minutes 51secnds. The offer was officially accepted. The world wouldn’t end; Jeremie, Aelita, Ulrich, and Yumi wouldn’t cease to exist; the only one to leave would be Odd.

“XANA, how do you want to do this?” Odd asked coldly.

“I will move the elevator to the top floor, five stories above the ground.” The elevator sprung to life as XANA commanded. It rose up to the fifth floor. “I will now use my power to transport you to the top of the elevator, overlooking the entire mall.” Odd suddenly started to vanish, becoming fainter and fainter.

“Odd, just remember, we will always love you!” Ulrich was the last person to talk to Odd. He vanished the next second. Odd reappeared on top of the elevator, 10 feet above his friends.

Just when things couldn’t get any worse for Jeremie and the gang, the ANAX program and snatchel charge began to countdown again. T-minus 58 seconds and counting. “XANA,” demanded Ulrich, “what do you think you are doing?”

“I’ve changed my decision and accepted all three offers. Not only will Odd die, so will you and the rest of the civilized world! Mawhahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!”

“You can’t do this, you sick, twisted creature!” Yumi screamed.

“Yes I can, you foolish human being. Unfortunately, when the timer runs out, so will I. My power was limited to ten minutes without Lyoko. Although I wanted to rule the world, after my plan succeeds, there will be no planet left to rule.” the demonic voice laughed a laugh do sinister, even Satin shuttered in fear.

T-minus 29 seconds and counting.

Odd, standing on top of the elevator, heard nothing of XANA’s real plan. He was convinced he was going to save his friends.

T-minus 23 seconds.

Odd slowly stepped up to the edge of the elevator. He spread his arms out to the heavens then, closed his eyes.

T-minus 16 seconds.

“Odd, don’t do it, don’t jump!!” Ulrich was desperately trying to warn his friend.

T-minus 11 seconds.

Odd was ready. He slowly took one more step, leaned forward, and let gravity do the rest.

T-minus 6 seconds.

Yumi, Aelita, and Ulrich saw their friend falling to his death. Jeremie wasn’t watching.

“ODD!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!”

T-minus 5 seconds.

He did the right thing. He saved his friends and the world from XANA.

T-minus 4 seconds.

He finally won. How savory this victory was!

T-minus 3 seconds.

Odd’s parents were on their way to France. Today was Odd’s 15th birthday and they wanted to surprise him by taking him to dinner with his friends.

T-minus 2 seconds.

All 89,196 nuclear missiles’ ignitions were started, targets locked, and were ready to be fired.

T-minus 1 second.

Odd opened his eyes, the ground was close. Then, all he saw was a bright light.

Zero.

 

 

A/N: Please Review. Final Chapter to come.