Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Kiko's Story ❯ Return to the Past ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Four
Return to the Past
When time resumed, Kiko was back in the girls' locker room. She was shocked as she saw her classmates do the same thing they'd done before, and that she had done the same things before. The only difference this time was that she acted slower to try and avoid Od.
As she left the room, Kiko looked to see if the three guys were waiting for her as they had been before. They were. “Kiko,” Jeremie observed, "I've got the strangest feeling that you're trying to avoid us.”
“Why would you think that?” Kiko asked innocently.
“For one, you took longer getting out here than last time,” Ulrich said, stating the obvious.
“Sorry,” Kiko said, ashamed (at least that's what they thought) “the trip into the past gave me a bit of a shock.” Od looked at her strangely, causing her to look down. “I feel so dumb. I mean you guys probably never mind it anymore . . .”
“Are you nuts?” Ulrich asked, laughing. “You should've seen Od before we went into the past last time! He was worried, `cuz he was gonna get slapped by Sissy for the second time!” Jeremie nodded while laughing, adding credibility to Ulrich's story.
“Okay, kids,” Jim said gruffly. “We're playing soccer today. Now get in alphabetical order, and number off by two's.” When the two teams had been formed, Ulrich and Jeremie were on one team, and Kiko and Od on the other. Jim was about to start the game, when he realized that there was an extra kid in his class, but he didn't know who. “All right, what's going on? Who's new here?” He was upset that he hadn't been informed earlier of a new student.
“I am.” Kiko replied. Jim looked at her, and then blinked stupidly. Why is Yumi in my class? Wait, that's not Yumi, it's another girl!
“What's your name?” Jim asked picking up a pen and his grade book.
“Kiko Kamia.”
“Where are you from?”
“Tokyo, Japan.”
Jim scribbled in the name then asked, "Do you know how to play soccer?”
“Yes. I was my school's star player, back in Tokyo.”
“Oh really? Well maybe we should devote this hour to a showdown between you and Ulrich, our star player. Do you know him yet?” Jim was thinking while he spoke about the obvious potential of this girl. Who knows, she may become Kadic's first female varsity soccer player, Jim thought.
“Yah, I know him, and no . . . I don't mind having a face-off, I think it would be fun.”
“All right then, kids, we've got a slight change of plans . . . we're going to have a battle of the best, Ulrich vs. Kiko. Now choose your goalies.”
Ulrich chose Od, and Kiko chose Jeremie. “Hey, Kiko,” Ulrich said," how `bout we make this match a little more interesting . . . do you want to make a bet?”
“Sure, if Jeremie and I win . . .” Kiko paused to think of something to force the two guys to do, then smiled “If we win . . . you and Od need to wear dresses, high heels, and make up for one week.” Jeremie nodded, to show that he approved. Everyone looked at her amazed, this was an unprecedented wager, then they looked to Ulrich to see what he would think of to combat this expression of confidence.
“All right, if Od and I win, you two have to eat whatever gross concoctions we make from the cafeteria food.” Ulrich grinned at his idea, sure that Jeremie and Kiko would back out, but they didn't, in fact, the challengers looked even more ready to win, and that scared the “champs."
Jim told Od and Jeremie to go down to the goals they were guarding, then called Kiko and Ulrich to center field. The two players put one foot by the ball, then shook hands, with stony faces.
“Don't expect me to take it easy on you just `cause you're new, Kiko.” Ulrich said, competition bright in his eyes.
“Okay, as long as you don't expect me to take it easy on you `cause you're a guy.” Kiko said, accidentally louder than she meant to. A loud mix of gasps and giggles came from their classmates, and to the surprise of all . . . Jim.
Jim stepped off to the sidelines, and then blew his whistle to start the match.