Code Lyoko Fan Fiction ❯ Wedding Day ❯ retreat ( Chapter 6 )

[ A - All Readers ]

I don't Own Code Lyoko
I don't own anything except my Oc's and this plot
I know I said that the others wouldn't appear for a while, but figured to hell with it.
 
Jay = 12
Sydney= 13
Z= 12
Robyn= 7
 
Chapter 6
 
 
It was a warm day in May. Jeremie was down in the garage packing some stuff into his SUV. He put suitcases and some other things in as well. Soon he got the vehicle loaded.
 
“Jay Albert Belpois,” Aelita shouted annoyed, “Let's go before we miss our flight.”
 
“I'm coming,” he said running to where his mother was waiting, “Sorry I couldn't find my gameboy.”
 
“I thought I told you to leave everything out,” Aelita said as she and her son walked to the car,
 
“I did,” he said, “I put right on top of my dresser next to the clothes I have on,” He continued, “It's like someone…” He trailed off, “ROBYN!”
 
The girl in question stuck her head outside the window of the SUV. She looked like a mini version of Aelita. She had pink hair green eyes and looked exactly like Aelita did when she was a kid.
 
“Robyn,” Aelita said sternly, “Do you have your brother's gameboy?”
 
“Uh-huh,” She said holding it up,
 
“Why did you take it,” Aelita asked,
 
“Jay said I could play with it,” She answered her mother.
 
“I did,” Jay asked,
 
“Uh-huh,” She said, “Remember,”
 
FLASHBACK
Jay dug under his bed. He was frantically searching for something. He tossed item after item behind him as he dug into the clutter under his bed. His room wasn't messy he just had a lot of things.
 
“Where are they?” He asked as he dug through his stuff.
 
Robyn walked in and saw her brother. He was tossing one thing after the other to the side. He seemed determined to find something before they left. Not wanting to be in the way she simply poised a question.
 
“Jay,” she asked attentively,
 
“Yeah sis,” Jay asked as he searched.
 
“Can I play with your gameboy before we leave?” She asked,
 
“Sure,” he said, “Where are they?”
 
He then began to dig through his stuff when his sister just picked up the gameboy, went, and played with it on the couch. Then Jeremie came in.
 
“Are you set,” he asked his little girl,
 
“Yes Daddy,” She answered.
 
He then picked his daughter up and draped her over his shoulder. He then looked around. As if he was looking for something.
 
“Hey Aelita,” he asked, “Have you seen Robyn I can't seem to find her.”
 
“Here I am,” Robyn said.
 
Jeremie then turned to wear he had heard her voice.
 
“Over here,” She said causing him to spin her again.
 
“I hear her, but I can't see her.”
 
“I'm right here,” She said which caused her to be spun yet again,
 
Aelita watched all this with an amused smile As Jeremie kept turning around and around causing Robyn to get dizzy.
 
“I know,” He said, “I'm going to spin around and around really really fast.” He said causing Robyn to send a pleading glance to her mother, “I'm bound to find her.”
 
“No daddy,” She said kicking, “I hate that.”
 
“Ready,” he said slyly,
 
“No I'm not ready,” she said,
 
He then began to spin and spin. Robyn screamed, as Jeremie got dizzy. He eventually stepped to the couch and dropped down onto it dropping Robyn into his lap. When they regained their sense of stability Jeremie picked her up.
 
“Ready,” he asked.
 
“For what?” Robyn asked carefully,
 
“To be put in the car,” He asked,
 
Robyn nodded and Jeremie carried her to the car.
 
End Flashback
 
Jay stood there running his hand through his hair. He had a tendency to not pay attention to things going on around him. Aelita looked exasperated and patted Jay's back as she went to get into the car.
 
“Am I in trouble?” Robyn asked innocently,
 
Jay smiled and walked over to the car.
 
“No you're just a little imp,” He said tickling her.
 
She began laughing under her brother's assault. She was turning red as Aelita watched in the rearview mirror she smiled at the spectacle. Jeremie liked it as well when he went and climbed into the car. Jay and Robyn got their seatbelts on as Jeremie started then engine.
 
“Oh no,” Robyn exclaimed.
 
“What is it sis?” Jay asked,
 
“Hoppy,” She cried, “I left Hoppy on the couch.”
 
Hoppy was Robyn's favorite stuffed animal. It was a white stuffed rabbit that was a gift to her from her big brother on her sixth birthday. Since then the two of them where inseparable.
 
“Dad,” Jay said, “Pull the car around front and I'll go get Hoppy.”
 
Jay didn't wait on his Dad as he jumped from the car and ran for the elevator. He was happy when he saw that it was still there. He got in, hit the button for his floor, and rode the elevator to the top floor.
 
Jeremie sighed and put the car in gear and pulled out of the garage,
 
“Jeremie what are you doing,” Aelita asked,
 
“What Jay said pulling around to the front of the building,” He said bringing the car to a stop in front of the door.
 
When Jay got to his floor, he ran as fast as his feet could carry him. He ran to the door of his family's apartment. He unlocked the door using his key and dashed to the living room. Sure enough, there on the couch was Robyn's rabbit Hoppy. He grabbed the rabbit, ran back out the door locking it, took off to another elevator, and rode down to the lobby.
 
Jeremie looked at his watch. They could make their flight if Jay managed to get into the car within the next five minutes. Soon they saw Jay burst through the front doors and down the steps to the car. Robyn opened the door and Jay hoped in managing to yank it closed in one fluid movement.
 
“Here's Hoppy,” he said presenting the rabbit to his baby sister,
 
Robyn squealed in delight as she took the rabbit and hugged her big brother, “Thank you Jay Jay.”
 
“No problem squirt,” He said returning the hug.
 
They then rode in comfort to the airport. After they went through security and made it to the gate Jay was in possession of the gameboy while Robyn entertained herself by playing with Hoppy.
 
“Okay,” Jeremie said sitting down by Aelita, “Are you guys ready for this?”
 
“Where exactly are we going?” Jay asked,
 
Jeremie waved his finger in front of him, “Uh-uh you'll find out when we get there.”
 
“Jeremie,” Aelita asked, “How long do we have before the flight takes off?”
 
“At least an hour due to delays,” He answered.
 
Aelita sighed she hated when this happened, but what could you do? She reached into her purse and pulled out a novel. She opened it and began to read. At that point, Jay felt his throat go dry.
 
“Uh Dad,” he asked, “Can I go get a drink I'm kind of thirsty.”
 
Something seemed to strike Jeremie and he pulled out his wallet and retrieved a twenty-dollar bill from it. He handed it to Jay.
 
“Why don't you take Robyn and get us all a drink.” Jeremie said,
 
“Ok,” Jay said, “Mom?”
 
“Coffee dear,” She said in response to his unspoken question,
 
“Make that two,” Jeremie added,
 
Jay then led Robyn to the food court casting a longing gaze at his mother who had never once looked up from her book. Robyn squeezed her brother's hand tighter as best she could. Jay then returned with the drinks in a carry carton in one hand and Robyn's hand in the other
 
“One straight black coffee for dad,” he began distributing the drinks, “Half cream and sugar for mom,” He said, “A Hi-c for Robyn and a Dr. Pepper for me.” He then threw the carrier away.
 
He sat in his chair silently sipping his drink as he stared at his mother reading her book. She had on a white blouse with a pink undershirt and tan khaki pants and black shoes. His little sister ran over to Aelita wanting something. He saw Aelita smile as she picked the girl up and held her.
 
He looked down suddenly very envious of his sister. He remembered back when he used to sit on his mom's lap and would play games like what she and Robyn where playing. He remembered how they used to do almost everything together.
 
One day that changed. His mom came home from her trip to the salon and there was something off about her. Suddenly it was Robyn getting her constant attention, and he was getting what he liked to call the whatever treatment.
 
His mom would no longer come into the room, sit by his bed, and talk to him about the day's events. She would just step in, turn out the light, and say goodnight to him before shutting the door. When he woke up, he would find his breakfast on the table in his spot next to his dad's empty plate.
 
Robyn was the one getting all of Mom's attention. His Dad was so busy that they rarely did anything together not to say that whenever he had the chance they didn't go into the park and throw a Frisbee or play football. Therefore, he got attention from his father on the weekends when he did not have to leave before he got up and come home after he went to sleep.
 
Jay sighed as he stood and went to the bathroom tossing his empty bottle in the trashcan. He sat down in the court just outside the gate. He didn't notice his father come and sit beside him.
 
“Do you want to tell me what's wrong?” He asked,
 
“It's nothing,” Jay said as tears began to fall down his cheeks.
 
“Jay I know I rarely get to spend time with you, which is why we are going on this retreat this summer,” He said, “But I know when something is wrong and I don't think you'd be crying if you where alright.”
 
“C-can I sit with mom on the flight,” Jay asked trying not to let on to the problem,
 
Jeremie shrugged that one off, “Sure,” he said, “Here.” He said as he handed him his ticket, “Now dry those eyes.” He said handing him some tissue.
 
Jay complied, wiped his eyes, and took the ticket. He then in turn gave his father his ticket. He noticed his mom and Robyn walking up to them. Jay hid the tissue and looked down.
 
“Jeremie it's time,” She said.
 
“Ok,” he said getting up.
 
Then they all went back to the gate Jay and Jeremie grabbed their carry-ons and then went to the jet way. They gave the clerk their tickets and boarded the plane. Robyn looked at her brother who was walking next to his mother. She knew what was wrong with Jay. She just wished she could fix it.
 
Jeremie took his seat next to Robyn and buckled her in. Jay and Aelita sat across from them by the window. They fastened in and Aelita again went into her book. The plan began to taxi. Jay then put his hand on his mother's, which was resting on the armrest between them. Aelita pulled it away and draped it over her lap.
 
Jay looked away. Robyn had seen the whole thing and at that point wanted to give her big brother the biggest hug she could. Soon a tray was in front of her along with blank sheets of paper and crayons. She drew and picture and asked the stewardess to give it to Jay who was looking out the window.
 
When Jay got the drawing from Robyn, a big smile appeared on his face. He then looked at Robyn and signed I love you too little sister. Jeremie of course translated. Robyn was happy to see a smile on her brother, but she knew that it was only a matter of time before it dropped, and she knew that tonight she would listen to her brother cry himself to sleep again.
 
She remembered one time coming home from school (she's in first grade) with a picture she drew of the entire family. Her mother had smiled brightly at the photo saying that she was such an artist even though it was only stick drawings. She then hung it on the fridge and then was shooed off into the living room to play. Later Jay came home and gave Aelita his report card. It was straight A's from top to bottom and an honor roll announcement. Jay didn't get the same kind of treatment that Robyn did. All he got was a “Good Job,” then it was handed back to him.
 
Not to say that his father and Robyn weren't proud of him. He got a huge hug from her and Jeremie let him get whatever he wanted as long as it was reasonable. (not a car or motorcycle that sort of thing). He didn't say it, but all he wanted was some acknowledgement of pride from his mother. Hell all he wanted was her attention.
 
Soon the plane landed and Jay carried both his and his mother's bag. Aelita simply patted his shoulder and caught up to Jeremie. Robyn came to him, took his hand, and walked with him. She put her head on his hip. He looked down and smiled. At least he knew his sister loved him.
 
They took a hop from the big airport to a small town in Montana's foothills. It was nice country. They rented a car and rode to the mountain lodge that Jeremie remembered from his childhood. Aelita packed Robyn's belongings into the drawers in the dresser of her new room. When they where finished she turned to Robyn.
 
“Finished,” She said, “Now do you want to help me with dinner.”
 
Robyn nodded and she and Aelita went down to the kitchen and using the recently stocked refrigerator and pantry began to work on supper. While they were cooking, the doorbell rang. Jeremie walked to the front door and opened it.
 
“Hey,” he said,
 
“Hey yourself,” was the response,
 
“Ulrich, Yumi,” he said, “I'm so glad you guys could come.”
 
“After you're call Jeremie wild horses couldn't keep us away,” Ulrich added, “Oh and look who we found at the airport.”
 
“Hey Einstein,” the happy shout was given.
 
“Odd,” he greeted hugging him.
 
When Naomi arrived, she was given just as big a hug as Odd. Then two girls appeared. One had brown hair and eyes. She was in a black leather jacket a white shirt and commando pants and boots. The other was in a pink hat and matching jacket over a white t-shirt and blue jeans and tennis shoes.
.
“Well you two must be Z and Syd,” Jeremie greeted.
 
“Yep,” they greeted,
 
“Come on in guys,” He said, “and be quiet Aelita doesn't know you're here, or even that you're coming so,” He said as he made a shushing sound as he went inside the group right behind him.
 
“Aelita did you order a pizza,” Jeremie asked,
 
“No I'm in the middle of making dinner,” She said straining the noodles.
 
“Well someone did,” he said, “And you're not going to believe the people they hire for deliveries.”
 
What are you talking about?” Aelita said coming into the foyer.
 
When she saw the others she froze. She put her hands to her lips. Then let out a shriek.
 
“Yumi, Ulrich, Odd, Naomi,” She said as she ran and a huge group hug was had.
 
“But how?” Aelita asked,
 
“Thank Einstein Princess it was all his doing.” Odd said,
 
She then ran to Jeremie smiling. She kissed him completely and fully on the lips. When they separated She noticed the two girls with her friends.
 
“These are Z and Syd,” Aelita asked, “My god they've grown.”
 
“Yeah they do that,” Odd said putting an arm around Sydney,
 
“And who is this young lady?” Yumi asked walking over to the stove where Robyn had been helping her mother.
 
“This is Robyn,” She said picking her up.
 
“Hey guy's does she look familiar to you,” Jeremie asked causing the others to take a closer look to the girl in Aelita's arms.
 
“She look just like Aelita,” Yumi exclaimed.
 
“Yeah she does,” Jeremie, said, as he came around to the front, “Now where's the other one?”
 
“Yeah where's Jay,” Naomi asked.
 
“Jay!” Jeremie called,
 
“Up here Dad,” the boy said looking down on the group.
 
“Come on down here,” Jeremie replied,
 
 
Jay wiped his tears away and got up. He came down the stairs and to his father's side. Jeremie put his hands on Jay's shoulders. He was addressing his friends, while Jay sent a longing glance to his mother. He prayed to whatever deities that where listening just for some attention.
 
“Wow,” Yumi said kneeling in front of him, “I can't believe how big you've gotten,” She said, “The last time I saw you,” She said, “You where this big,” She said indicating a small space.
 
When he managed to pull his eyes off Aelita and to the woman in front of her he froze. He began to stammer when he saw her.
 
“You…you're….I….mean,” He rambled.
 
“Yes Jay I know who I am,” Yumi said, “I heard from a reliable source that you are a big fan of my music.”
 
“Big,” he said, “Big is the understatement of the year.” He said as he began digging through his pockets.
 
“You know I also heard that someone has a birthday nearby,” She said, “So I brought you these.” Yumi said producing a small package from her jacket pocket and gave it to Jay.
 
When Jay got it he looked up at his dad who nodded and Jay tore into the material. Inside where two copies of a CD Yumi produced that wasn't even due out till later in the year and one of them was autographed.
 
“Wow thank you Ms. Ishiyama,” Jay said politely.
 
“You're welcome and it's really Mrs. Stern,” She said, “But to you its Aunt Yumi.”
 
“Huh,” Jay asked now genuinely concerned,
 
“It's true Jay,” His father said, “Yumi is my sister in law, your mother's sister and yours' and Robyn's aunt.”
 
“Really,” he asked looking at his mother, who nodded,
 
“I need to finish dinner,' she said as she entered the kitchen. Yumi and Naomi entered after her. They all had a good time in the kitchen. The mom's and daughters were having a blast.
 
Jay looked down and then turned to his Dad, “I'm going to listen to Aunt Yumi's CD.” He said as he went upstairs to his room. He put the autographed CD in his bag that way he would not forget it when he went home. He listened to his music while the women folk cooked and gossiped. His dad, uncle, and Godfather sat in the living room talking about the old days.
 
After awhile Jay had listened to the whole of Aunt Yumi's new CD. It was another blockbuster album. He knew his favorites and his not so favorites. He was musing on the songs when the door opened.
 
“Excuse me,” the girl said, “But dinner is ready.”
 
“Thank you,” Jay responded.
 
Girl nodded and left. Jay walked down the steps to the massive dining room table. He sat at the other end. They all took their plates and fixed their meals. They all gathered around the table and sat down talking. The adults where at one end and the kids where at the other. The adults where talking about things from when they where kids. The girls where chatting it up with Robyn. Jay was suddenly called on by his father.
 
“Jay,” He said, “Are you going to eat.”
 
“No I'm not all that hungry,” he said.
 
“Are you sick,” he asked,
 
“That meal from the plane isn't leaving me alone,” Jay responded, “May I be excused?” he asked,
 
“Sure thing kiddo,” Jeremie replied as Jay left the table.
 
Robyn put her fork down suddenly not very hungry herself. She couldn't believe what her little eyes and ears had seen and heard. Her father wouldn't have noticed because he had been occupied with her, and her mother was so into her book that she didn't notice. Jay never ate the meal he had been given on the plane.
 
About an hour later desert was served. Odd being Odd well he just dug into the food taking no prisoners.
 
“Dad,” Sydney sighed in embarrassment and exasperation.
 
Afterwards the adults where drinking coffee When Jay came down clad in his pajamas. He walked over to Jeremie and Aelita.
 
“Dad, Mom,” Jay began, “I'm going to turn in now,” he said.
 
“Ok,” Jeremie said, “Night buddy,” He replied giving Jay a hug.
 
“Night Mom,” Jay said quietly, “I love you.”
 
“Goodnight Jay.” She said focused on her coffee.
 
Jay then went upstairs to bed. The other kids had all gone ahead and bathed then went to their respective beds. He then climbed in and closed his eyes. He then opened them and looked at the picture on his nightstand. It was him, his mother, his father, and of course little Robyn. It had been taken two years ago. They where all smiling in the photo, but what really pulled at his heartstrings was that Aelita had her arm around him.
 
“What changed,” He asked, “What did I do,” He continued, “Was I bad,” He asked, “Was I a bad brother,” he asked choking up, “A bad son,” he asked as tears began to fall down his face, “What did I do Momma?” He asked now fully crying, “What did I do to make you stop loving me?” He cried,
 
Robyn next door heard the soft sobs through the wall. Even Sydney heard them being directly across the hall. She found it difficult to fall asleep after hearing that. She couldn't help but hurt for the boy across the hall.
 
The Next Day
 
Jay woke up at about 6:30. He looked outside and saw that the sun had yet to rise. So he got up. He showered and changed into his normal attire. He then went out onto then went outside and watched the sun come up over the mountains. It was a nice sight. The cold air though made him shiver.
 
“You should be wearing a jacket Jay,” A voice spoke softly.
 
He wiped around to see who it was. When he did, he saw his mother sitting in a rocking chair with a blanket on her lap and coffee in her hand.
 
“I didn't think it would be this cold,” He said facing the rising sun.
 
A smile formed on Aelita's face. Jay was so much like his father. He was so into what he did sometimes that he paid no attention to what was going on around him. She stood and draped the blanket around his shoulders.
 
“I'll go fix you some hot chocolate.” She said with a grin.
 
She got up and disappeared into the house and a few minutes later she returned. With a steaming cup in her hand she then gave it to him.
 
“Three marshmallows just like you like it,” She said as she sat down in the chair she had occupied only a few moments ago. Jay looked bewildered. Not that he was complaining. He took a cautious sip of the hot beverage. As he turned to watch the sun come up Jay saw him mom shiver.
 
That was when he noticed that his mother only had on a heavy jacket over her nightgown. He then walked over to where she was and set his cocoa down. He then climbed into his mom's lap wrapping the blanket around the both of them.
 
Aelita was surprised, but was grateful by the jester. She wrapped her arms around jay and pulled him into and embrace. Jay then snuggled closer to her warmth.
 
“Jay you warm wonderful boy,” She said as she held him.
 
“Momma,” He asked,
 
“Yes Jay,” She answered.
 
“Does this mean you don't hate me anymore?” He asked fearing the answer,
 
“Jay I never hated you,” Aelita answered,
 
“But,” He said when he was silenced by Aelita's finger.
 
“I know,” She said, “And I'm so sorry that I gave you that impression,” Aelita said choking up, “And you're not a bad brother, or son.” She said causing Jay to look up.
 
“H-how?' He asked,
 
“Last night your sister started calling for me,” Aelita answered, “And when I got to the top of the steps I heard you.”
 
Jay looked away. Aelita then took his chin between her fingers, and turned his face so she could look him in the eyes.
 
“You did nothing wrong,” she said sternly, “I did,”
 
“What did you do?” He asked,
 
“Let some women convince me that one day you'd throw me out of your life,” Aelita said,
 
“Mom that's ludicrous,” Jay said, “I'd never throw you away,” He continued, “When I get older All I want is our relationship to change when I get to different spots in my life, “ He said looking her in the eyes, “I'd never not want you in my life.”
 
“I know that know,” Aelita said choking on tears, “And I should have known then,” She continued tears streaking down her face, “Jay can you ever forgive me?”
 
Jay nodded, “On one condition.”
 
“What?”
 
“That you'll always be my mom,” He said smiling.
 
“Deal,” She responded hugging him.
 
Jay returned the embrace. He was in his mother's arms again and that made him happy. He and Aelita sat out there for another hour or so, before they went inside.
 
When Robyn came down for breakfast she was delighted to see her mom and Jay laughing, joking, having fun. It was normal in her family again.
 
 
Well that's all folks
Do NOT forget to review