Corpse Bride Fan Fiction ❯ Brother of the CORPSE BRIDE. ❯ 20 years of change ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

CHAPTER FIVE
 
 
After a long night of explaining and understanding, I was ready to begin my quest to find happiness.
 
“Good Luck, Mykan.” said Elder, “We will be keeping an eye on you right here whenever danger occurs.”
 
“And don't worry about your castle.” said Emily, “Victor and I will take good care of it.”
 
Victor nodded hi head, “You enjoy yourself now.” he said to me, and I winked at him.
 
“Okay, here I go…” I said.
 
I held up the harp and strummed the tree notes just as Elder had instructed to, and then I was gone.
 
Vanished into thin air…but to where I was going?
 
* * *
 
The trip was very strange. I found myself falling in a spiral-loop in a sort of smoky rings.
 
And in my hurling around, I dropped the Harp, and flew away from me, this wasn't good at all.
 
* * *
In a European-Forest, a strange cloud popped up from out of the snowy grounds… and there I was.
 
“I made it… I've returned.” I said to myself. I had indeed returned to the world of the living.
 
I scrounged around a bit looking for the harp; I couldn't let anything happen to it now.
In my searching for it, I wandered out of the forest and into the park, and what I saw next almost took my breath away
(That is, if I had breath.)
 
The park was filled with children playing in the snow, people we decorating their houses nearby.
 
And the town crier yelled out tin a British accent “Hear-ye, Hear-ye, December the 1st today is December the first.”
 
December the first, it must be close to Christmas time, and that town crier and his voice.
 
“I must be in England.” I said to myself, yet it was hardly much like the England I remembered.
 
Had that much really changed over the past 20 years? I had to get a closer look.
 
It was a real shame I could no longer hear the Mountain bugs playing music, I really could use a song about now.
 
I was in luck though, for there were men playing music in the bandstand in the center of the park.
 
Playing just the music I needed. So I hopped down form the forest and looked around.
 
* * *
 
[Mykan]
 
-What's this? What's this?
There's color everywhere
What's this?
There's white things in the air
What's this?
I can't believe my eyes
I must be dreaming
Wake up,
Mykan, it's not fair
What's this?
 
* * *
 
Then I noticed a few children strolling by practicing singing Christmas carols.
* * *
-What's this? What's this?
There's something very wrong
What's this?
There are people singing songs

What's this?
The streets are lined with
Little creatures laughing
Everybody seems so happy
Have I possibly gone daffy?
What is this?
What's this?

-There are children throwing snowballs
I
nstead of throwing heads
They're busy
girls and toys
And
neither one of them are dead

There's frost on every window
Oh, I can't believe my eyes
And in my bones I feel the warmth
That's coming from inside
 
* * *
 
Then I headed into town and glanced through almost every window, and hopped from rooftop to roof top.
* * *

-Oh, look
What's this?
They're hanging mistletoe, they kiss
Why
, that looks so unique, inspired
They're gathering around to hear a story
Roasting chestnuts on a fire
What's this?
-What's this?
In here they've got a little tree, how queer
And who would ever think
And why?

They're covering it with tiny little things
They've got electric lights on strings
And there's a smile on everyone
So, now, correct me if I'm wrong
This looks like fun
This looks like fun
Oh, could it be I got my wish?
What's this?
 
* * *
 
Then I peeked inside a quiet little house, where the children slept.
 
* * *

-Oh my, what now?
The children are asleep
And look, there's nothing underneath
No ghouls, no
skeletons to scream and scare them
or ensnare them, only little cozy things
Secure inside their dreamland
What's this?
 
* * *
 
Then, it was back to the roof tops deeper into town.
 
* * *


-The darkness has gone missing
And the
Corpses can't be found
And in their place th
ere seems to be
Good liveliness
around

Instead of
death, I swear
I can hear music in the air
The smell of cakes and pies
Is absolutely everywhere

-The sights, the sounds
They're everywhere and all around
I've never felt so good before
This empty place inside of me is filling up
I simply cannot get enough

I want it, oh, I want it
Oh, I want it for my own
I've got to know
I've got to know
What is
this place that I have found?
 
WHAT…IS…THIS???
 
* * *
 
“It's England, and it's 8:00pm you ruffian.” said an old man poking his head out a window.
 
“Now do keep it down, were trying to sleep!”
 
I blushed red, I had been singing a little loud, and perhaps I should go back to looking for the harp.
 
* * *
I didn't find the harp, and was beginning to think I would never find it, I did find something much better though.
 
There, in very center of the forest, was an old abandoned log house, complete with a full view over the tress at the town.
 
I thought to myself that while I'm here, I ought to at least have a place to stay.
 
I didn't really need any money, because let's face it. I may not look like it but I am actually dead!
 
What in world can a Corpse in disguise do with money in any case? Buy himself a refund?
 
I was fortunate that the house was still loaded with old furniture that I could use for comfort.
 
Seeing as how it was pretty late, and I really could use some rest, I hopped into he bed, and fell asleep.
 
It was for the first time in a really long time.
 
* * *
 
Back in Dead-Land, three women were pounding on the doors at my castle, who also wanted me to make dresses for them.
 
“Mykan.” They yelled, “Answer us.”
 
The Mountain Bugs hop up to them and one of them said. “He's not home.”
 
“Then where is he?” asked another woman skeleton. “He hasn't been home all night.” said another bug.
 
* * *
 
Form up in my castle, Emily and Victor looked down at the women below.
“Such rudeness.” snorted Emily, “I hope my brother's absence will teach them a lesson.”
 
“Now, now Emily dear.” Said Victor, “They just don't understand the trouble he's going through.”
 
“Working very hard for no reward in return; Living all alone through time. One day they'll see.”
 
“I hope your right Darling.” Said Emily, “I wonder what Mykan's up to now?”
 
Her head Maggot popped through her eye again, “If you ask me, he's already messed up in the first five minutes.”
 
Neither of them knew how right he was.