Count Cain Fan Fiction / Godchild Fan Fiction ❯ Letters From Nowhere ❯ Hate Mail ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer:I own nothing but this plot. Thank you.
 
 
When really angry........count to ten. When really, really angry.........swear! - Mark Twain -
 
 
 
Truth be told, she had forgotten about the whole incident.
 
At this point, she didn't have time to allow her attention to wander on things she considered so petty. It was over and done. She had no one to rely on, not even a pet at home, just herself. Well, aside of the house plants, but they didn't count.
 
Humans, especially those in her immediate family, after the one incident she had decided to be unbiased to them. It had started when her father and step-mother began by asking her to open her home to her step-brother.
 
It had been the worst three months of her life!
 
And permanently put her off the idea of ever owning pets in general, for the rest of her earthly existence!!!!
 
It had further strengthened her resolve not to trust them, well not the ones in her town anyway. Still, she couldn't complain. The one bright spot in all this was that she got her unemployment out of her bastard penny-pinching ex-bosses. So, that took a big load off her mind in general where the bills were concerned, at least. But she knew it wouldn't last, so was out every day hoofing it. But it was slim pickings especially when your town has only one major street and you've already worked at least half the places, and hated every one of them to boot.
 
Well, in her defense they usually disliked her in the first place.
 
Because she had this one annoying habit most major store chains frown upon, thinking for yourself.
 
Sometimes she wished she had in real life, half the powers that those in fantasy were blessed with. Medusa, for example. She could think of more than a few people who could better serve humanity in somebody's back garden. Cutely, yet permanently posed, mouths finally spouting out something useful. Maybe for a charming little garden party or Fourth of July picnic.
 
That thought made her smile, after that she was on a high. For the rest of the afternoon, it took very little to make her do so. She was a very simplistic personality. But was on that high that brought her to back to her "study" as she had taken to calling the storage room a few days later. As she searched for a pen to try and assemble a resume pulled open the drawer once again. But before she recalled that was the wrong one, once again noted something strange. There was no pink on the bottom; in fact there was nothing there at least as far as she could see. That was odd. As she pulled it out a little more she smiled, there it was in the back it had only been pushed back. After all she reminded herself sheepishly, she had shut the little drawer pretty hard the other day. But as she prepared to throw it away, it was suddenly apparent that that wasn't the papers. She distinctly remembered paper clipping them together before she had closed the drawer last. So she wouldn't lose them.
 
In fact, this was entirely new! Even the paper was folded differently folded more like a standard letter. Like the type one might receive in the mail rather than just casually tucking it away. All search attempts were off for the moment as she examined this unexpected new development. As angry as her letter had been it was nothing compared to this,
 
 
I don't know who the hell you are! But rest assured I will find out! I don't know what or how you, obviously a lower member of my household. You have nerves of iron, I'll give you that. But to have the right to break into my personal effects, then dictate my life or actions!!!! What makes you think you know anything about me!!! But know this when I do find you out, I will prosecute you to the fullest the law has to offer in this country!!!! Or maybe just have you thrown into deepest cell in Bedlam because anyone who would write on paper that absurd is obviously not in their right mind!!!
 
 
A milestone was marked in her life that day; she developed her first real twitch.
 
Just below the left eyebrow.
 
If she could have seen her face in a mirror at that moment she would have seen that her face exactly resembled, what was referred in anime as a 'pre-explosion'. You know, when a character gets so angry it's like a countdown to Armageddon and as a whole would be a preferable alternative. Then all the supporting cast have to cower like blubbering idiots behind blast-shields or call in a SWAT Team whichever is closer.
 
It was a miracle in itself the paper in her hands didn't burst into flames from the heat of anger alone. Though it would be permanently out-of-shape as she wadded the fine paper into a tight ball heaving it into the wall, which it bounced off of and made a perfect shot into the wastebasket. It seemed even fate wasn't going to tempt her anger at that moment. The ensuing enraging calm of that small room would have caused any sane creature to run for cover. A burglar who was outside took one look inside what hung in the air like an unsaid promise of pure malice caused him to do just that. Not to mention, go straight for the rest of his days.
 
But she never knew that as she armed the cannons ready for a full out verbal assault.
 
 
ME???!!!!!! How dare YOU!!!!!!! I'm not the one sneaking into anyone's anything!!!!!!! I'm not so bored or hard-up as to stoop to that!!! And I know my place; it's not under your feet!!! You, some jerk I've never even laid eyes on!!!!!! I'm not part of any "household" save my own. Speaking of dictating actions that letter isn't any of your business anyway. It was probably written over a hundred years ago, way before I'm sure you were even born. I found it in my desk, anyway!!! You're obviously the one who's got a screw loose!!! I'll be having the cops throw you in lockdown at the nearest Maximum State Pen sooner than you'll ever get to me!!! And FYI, I happen to like pink paper!!!!!!!!!
 
 
And just to irritate whosoever was on the other end this time as a personal touch, wrote it on purple paper.
 
The next day, her hand was a bit cramped from having to write. Which she was positive was the most exclamination points she had ever done in one setting in her entire existence. Though fortunately, she wasn't one to stay mad for too long. Which was good if she had the means to be the vindictive type there would have been a long list. Other than that, it was a pretty good day. At least in her opinion, but that all changed once again upon entering the study.
 
Another letter was waiting in the drawer....
 
Ok, by that point she was getting more than a little miffed. Who and the hell was doing this?!
 
It was way past the April Fool's deadline and why did she get to be the lucky recipient? Surely, there were other more gullible people with lower IQ's on the map, especially here in Hicktown, USA. Just to be sure she went around the room to double, even triple-check everything, The window's while ancient, were barred tight and the shades and curtains drawn. The door's were securely chained and locked away with deadbolts. Just to be sure when she had checked outside she had locked the door taking the key with her.
 
She had even gone so far as to check the desk on hands and knees to check every nook and cranny, front and behind, so thoroughly that only an MRI machine could have done better. Which earned her several scratches, rug burned knees, and a rather nice bump on the forehead.
 
Nothing was wrong; it was in short, perfect.
 
That's what buzzed her the most as she sat down once more to read her own personal Sherlock Holmes mystery.