Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Ed n Duo's Greatest Adventure ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Ed and Duo's Greatest Adventure

Chapter 7

By Devon Masterson

Saturday afternoon everyone rolled out of bed grateful for not having to go to work or class and having a lazy weekend. They all planned to go up to the mountains for the rest of the weekend as a kind of reward, a job well done. Duo yawned as he opened his door and walked out. He scratched his head as he tried to get the sleep out of his system. He stopped for a moment then sniffed. "That smells good," he complimented as followed his nose down the stairs. Once he reached the dining room, he saw the others already eating. A nice spread of bacon, pancakes, eggs, French toast, and orange juice sat on the table still nice and hot. "Well it's nice to know you left me some," he grumbled. He sat down and fixed a plate. "This is best you guys ever made."

Quatre and Heero looked at him then shook their heads. "We didn't make this," Heero replied. "The weekends are fend for yourself.

Duo looked towards Wufei. "I too can not take credit for this satisfactory meal."

"Was it you, Faye?" Trowa asked.

Faye laughed. "Me cook?

"The onna has a point. It's much too good be a product of her hand," Wufei smirked.

"Hey, I could make something if I wanted to," Faye argued, "better than anything you could ever make."

"Where's Ed?" Quatre asked breaking in the middle of the two feuding housemates.

"That's a good question," Duo replied. He looked towards Trowa.

"She was gone when I woke up this morning," he answered.

"Edward must be our mysterious cook then," Wufei observed. "You can never tell what that woman is capable of, she's insufferable."

"Oh you know if Trowa didn't snag her first you'd be after her," Duo teased.

Wufei flushed slightly. "Again, Maxwell, you prove how much of ass you are. Edward is a formidable adversary and the girlfriend of one of my best friends. It would be inappropriate to entertain such ideas, besides her personality is too distracting."

"Ed is right outside," Quatre informed the two bickering friends.

"Yeah and she's been sitting there for the last ten minutes," Duo commented. He had noticed her sitting with the patio chairs just before he and Wufei got into their exchange. "If she's sitting still for ten minutes or more she's online or zoned out. She's dead to the world and plus she's too far away to hear us." Duo took a sip of his orange juice. "You've got yourself a piece of work there, Trowa. She's a good kid."

"Thanks," Trowa replied.

Faye looked around the room as everyone fell silent with the slight shift in subject. She stood to her feet and placed her hands on the table. "It up to me then," she began, "Trowa are you cheating on Ed?"

Trowa looked at her in shock. "What?"

"Yeah, Trowa you have been acting weird the past week since Dorothy's been trying to hang around."

Trowa searched all the eyes in the room and all had the same look. "I am not cheating on Ed. I've just been busy."

A few sighs of relief were heard in the room. "Sorry to put you on the spot. It's just you been acting so distant lately. I'm just glad Ed hasn't noticed."

"Ed is more aware of things then you think," Heero commented. "She's very skillful in hiding her feelings. Don't let her personality distract you away from that."

"Since when were you so damn insightful?" Duo asked curiously. "And I thought Quatre was the empathic one."

His cheeks flushed slightly. "Baka," Heero muttered.

"Yuy, has a point," Wufei argued. "Edward is very skillful in hiding her feelings."

"I think if she were really upset she would let us know. She's like the happiest kid I know," Duo replied

"Perhaps that is where in you are in error," Wufei remarked. "You keep referring to Edward as a `kid.' She is only three years younger than us and is by no means considered a child except in personality, but you still classify her as a `kid.' Did you ever once think that she may take offense to that?"

"You may be on to something," Quatre noted.

"I think if she wanted to be treated like an adult she should act like one," Faye replied. "I've known Ed for four years and she hasn't mellowed out in the slightest."

Trowa's attention waned from the conversation as he watched Ed sit on the patio, never once moving. He was worried about her. There was definitely something wrong, perhaps Wufei was on to something. "Let's talk about this later," he said as he saw Ed starting to stir.

The others noticed Ed's movement as well and changed the subject accordingly. Ed opened the patio door then walked into the dining room. She waved and smiled as she walked by everyone then went upstairs.

"I'll be back," Trowa said as he darted out of the room.

"I have a bad feeling," Quatre said lowly.

Upstairs Ed walked into the room and picked up her favorite towel. It had a large smiley face on it. She rubbed her cheek against it then sighed. "Ed we need to talk."

"I was about to take a shower," she replied as she stripped her clothes off and threw them in the hamper.

"I?" he wondered. She only used the first person when she was emphatic about something. His eyes widened as he realized the new situation he was in. He shut the door quickly and looked away out of respect.

"Why are you looking away?" she asked. "You're my boyfriend and we share a room. You should know what I look like by now."

"Ed, why are you doing this?" Trowa asked looking into her eyes.

Ed moved closer to him and ran her hands across his chest. "Tell me to stop and you'll never have to worry about this again." She stood tip toed to kiss him.

He grabbed her arms and pushed her away gently. "Ed, this isn't like you. Stop."

"Okay, Trowa person," she smiled. The smile, however, did not reach her eyes. She then danced away from him and into the bathroom.

Trowa sighed as he heard the shower start to run. She was really starting to scare him. She had been tempting him a lot lately, but he didn't want to lose her.

***

Trowa walked up the stairs anxiously. He had never been away from Ed before. It was kind of nerve racking though he did not want to show it. He shouldn't have let her talk him into going without her. True, the vacation was somewhat relaxing and he had more fun than he thought he would, but it still would have been more fun if she came along. "Ed, I brought you a souvenir," he replied as he walked into the room. He frowned slightly as he saw the room empty. His frown deepened when he realized that all of Ed's things were gone. "Oh god no." He looked around the room to see if there was any indication of her being forced to leave and saw none. He then heard a noise from across the hall. A sigh of relief passed over him as he realized that she was across the hall, but it was short lived. "Ed?" he called as he knocked.

The door opened and her head popped out looking around. "You're back," she smiled. She opened the door all the way and stood in front of him wearing black shorts and a green tank with "Ed" across the chest. It was one of her favorite possessions.

"Why did you move out of our room?" he asked.

Ed leaned against the doorframe. "I told you I would stop if you asked me to," she said slowly. It was taking an increased effort to talk this way, but she would get used to it.

"Why are you talking like that?" he asked. "You hardly ever talk in the first person."

"Ed…I decided there needed to be a change."

"I don't want you to change."

"That's not what you told Ed," she said pointing to his chest. "I know what you're thinking. You think I'm a kid, but I'm not."

"If you want to change fine," he replied, "but why move out of the room?"

"I promised you would never have to worry about this again," Ed answered. She jumped onto her futon then sat cross-legged. "You broke up with me so it was not right to stay in your room anymore."

His hand tightened into a fist by his side. "I did not want to break up with you."

"Really?" she asked. She stood. "Then what do you want?"

"I want things to go back to the way things were."

"You mean me staying locked up here and you treating me like a kid? Or you and Dorothy and all the times you had?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" he asked suddenly. "You talked to Dorothy? Whatever she said was probably a lie."

"So you two were never together together?" Ed asked.

"That was in the past."

"Then why don't you make a move on me. I am your girlfriend and every time I try you stop me. It..it hurt Ed's feelings."

"Ed," he said softly as he moved towards her but Ed moved gracefully away.

"You find my personality distracting. I heard all of you talking at breakfast."

"Some how I knew Duo was wrong about her totally zoning out." He looked towards her and sighed. "Sometimes you can get a little out of hand."

Her amber eyes widened for a second. "Then it's all settled," she smiled.

"What's all settled?" he asked trying to figure out what she was talking about.

"The situation. I hope you and Dorothy are very happy together."

©2002 Devon Masterson

Another Bond Girl Blue Production.

Let's be real here… we all know that I don't own these characters or you would be watching this instead of reading it [with the exception of manga of course]. I just do this for kicks and wiggles [yes, I know the real expression, and this is mine] anywho don't sue me, hire me instead;p