Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Cowboy Bebop Meets Trigun ❯ The Bounty ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Not my characters!
A/N: Ok, just so everyone knows, this is my first fan fiction ever. I haven't even read much of it, but one day I became inspired to write about anime so here I am. This story is probably going to be long so I'll try to update as much as possible. I'm open to suggestions about this Trigun-Cowboy Bebop combo because, although I have seen all of Trigun, I have only seen the Cowboy Bebop Movie and the first and last episodes, but I truly loved the idea of the characters of the Bebop tracking down Vash the Stampede. Enjoy!

Chapter 1: The Bounty
“Spike! Are you listening?”
Spike opened his eyes lazily and looked around at his three partners who all lived on the Bebop together. Jet was there, with the characteristic scowl on his face. So was Faye, looking for all the world as though it had never occurred to her to wear less skimpy clothes. And, of course, Ed was playing around with her computer again. Suddenly, Spike noticed that all of them (except Ed) were glaring at him with disapproval.
“I was having a sweet dream,” said Spike.
“Well, that's heart-warming,” Jet gruffly replied, “but if you had been paying more attention you'd know that we were discussing our next bounty. A real big one.”
“I don't feel like it,” Spike sighed.
“Are you nuts!” demanded Faye. “I don't know if you're aware of this, but our next target is worth a great deal more than the usual idiots we run into!”
“Oh, come on. How great can the guy be?” Spike asked, completely disinterested.
Jet leaned forward in his chair and said, “He's worth sixty billion double dollars.”
Spike came wide awake at that. “How much is that in woolongs?”
“About the same.”
“You've gotta be kiddin' me!” Spike exclaimed. “I've never heard of anyone worth that much!”
“Well apparently this guy is,” Faye said. She turned around to face the happy, oblivious 13-year-old, completely absorbed in her computer. “Hey, Ed!”
Ed jumped up, clapping her hands happily. “Yes, Faye-Faye?”
“Tell us what you've learned about this guy.”
“Okey-dokey!” Ed turned to the computer of her own invention, and her fingers began to literally fly across the keyboard. “Come on, Tomato, show me the person!”
In a few seconds, the computer screen lit up.
Ok, let's see what we got here,” said Jet, as he moved over to the monitor. “The guy's name is Vash the Stampede, although he's also called the Humanoid Typhoon. He's supposed to be an expert gunman. There are lots of rumors about him, most unconfirmed.”
“Is that it?” asked Faye. “That's not much to go on.”
Spike got up and stretched, yawning loudly. “Well, it's not like we haven't handled bounties like this before. We'll be able to find the guy.”
Spike began to make his way toward his old red ship, the Swordfish II. He called out over his shoulder, “Where we headed?”
“Some planet called Gunsmoke,” said Jet. “It's way out there. It says here that it's a completely desert planet. A real tough place, I hear.”
“Enough with the chit-chat! Let's just go already,” Faye demanded impatiently.
Suddenly Spike's face appeared on Ed's computer's screen. He was already in the ship.
“I'll meet you there,” he said cheerily.
“Wait, Spike. Just a second.”
Spike paused before hit the launch button. Jet sounded almost…concerned.
“I just want you to know,” Jet told Spike slowly, “that there is one rumor that comes up a lot about this guy.”
“What is it, Jet?” Spike was impatient to be on his way.
“They say that Vash the Stampede single-handedly destroyed a city of 1 million people.”
“What! Are you serious?” demanded Faye.
“Yeah,” continued Jet. “That was about 23 years ago. There are rumors about him that date back to before that time, but people only began to believe the rumors after the city of July was completely wiped out.”
Jet half expected Spike to decide not to go. But he should have known that Spike would simply say:
“Thanks for the info, Jet, but I think I can handle it.”
And with that, Spike took off, ready to track down the man simply known as Vash the Stampede.

You have reached the end of Chapter 1! I hope you enjoyed it! Please review!