Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ 40 Miles from the Sun ❯ 40 Miles from the Sun ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
InvincibleInuYasha: Okay, another songfic because I just had an idea. Yep, another song by Bush (I LOVE them!). It’s called 40 Miles from the Sun. It’s good, but it’s all slow and kinda upsetting. But, that’s how the fic is going to work out.

Disclaimer: No, I do not own Cowboy Bebop, nor do I own 40 Miles from the Sun. I do not own much at all…



40 Miles from the Sun

Jet sighed and wiped the sweat from his forehead. It was overwhelmingly hot in the ship. No wonder, they were within the sun’s direct gravitational field. The ship couldn’t be turned. They had run out of fuel and were drifting into space.

Jet looked over at Spike. He wasn’t even smoking for once! It was understandable though. The cigarettes would only make it harder to breathe in the hot air. Ein was underneath the captain’s chair, trying to hide from the heat of the sun. Ed wasn’t hyperactive as usual. She was simply lying on the floor next to Ein. Faye didn’t really complain too much. Everybody else felt the same as her anyway, and they couldn’t do much about it.

There is nowhere left to hide
There is nothing to be done
No people to be saved
No pets we’ve never named
40 miles from the sun

All of the machines had crashed. The heat must have messed up the hard drive of the ship’s systems. The powerless ship was simply floating. Closer and closer to the sun. Jet finally spoke, his voice more hoarse than usual, “Looks like we won’t be getting out of here alive. How ‘bout we get out that wine we bought a while back?” Spike lazily stood up and went to the refrigerator. That was broken as well. Many of the drinks were warm, some of them steaming.

He took a bottle of wine and popped the cork, “Cheers.” He chugged down a little bit f it, not caring about how the heat altered the taste of the wine. He passed it to Jet who also heartily drank, and then to Faye. When Faye had finished, there was still some left. She looked over at Ed and Ein. Ed shouldn’t be drinking at such a young age. She said, “What the hell.” She gave the bottle to Ed who drank eagerly. She let Ein have the last few drops. They all hoped that the alcohol would kick in soon enough, and probably relieve the heat.

Spike unceremoniously ripped off his shirt. It was way too hot to wear his usual jacket and shirt. He never usually went around without any shirt on, but he didn’t care now. What’s the point of hiding if you know you’re going to die before the day ends? Jet leaned back in his chair, “Let’s try to get some shut-eye. Might as well. We won’t feel as much.”

As darkness craves the mind
We come undone without our pride
No time on earth to come
All the pleasures just begun
40 miles from the sun

Spike sighed and leaned against the wall, sliding down until he reached the floor. He was wiping the sweat that was forming on his neck and chest. He wanted to sleep, but what good would that do? Might as well stay up and see what’s coming. Faye sat down beside him, “Looks like we won’t make it.” She began to chuckle, “I guess all the times that we didn’t care about running out of fuel were warnings. Now, we can’t even try to escape.” Spike grinned weakly and leaned his head back, “Yeah. How stupid of us.”

In our coats beneath the layers
Wash my skin of all the hate
We should sleep late
Everything just kind of grates
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun

Ed crawled up to Spike and Faye and collapsed in front of them, “We go bye-bye?” Faye said weakly, “Yeah. You know how they say stars are pretty in the sky?” Ed said, “Yeah. Really nice, pretty.” Faye smiled, “They look even prettier up close like this.” Spike smirked, “You know, you’re acting a lot smarter than you usually seem.” Faye sighed, “I don’t really want to start another argument right now Spike.” Ein yawned lightly and stretched out on the floor. Faye and Ed had nodded off into sleep. Spike smiled to himself, “See you later, space cowboys.”

I need to lose to make it right
I’ll confront the stars tonight
I will babble I will bite
You’ll never know how much you shine
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun
From the sun…
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun
40 miles from the sun



InvincibleInuYasha: How was that? Yeah, so they all gonna die. So sad! I don’t really like songfics much, but this song kinda inspired me to write something about Cowboy Bebop. If you listen to the song, it makes it feel like a hot summer day. You know how you don’t even want to move when you’re too hot? That’s what the song does to you lol. Almost didn’t want to write when I was listening to it. But it has a sad and slow kind of sound to it. I suggest that everybody listen to it. Very cool song. All of Bus’s songs are good. Listen to them. Review and sayonara! ^o^