Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Accidents Happen ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Faye sighed collapsing onto the hideous green couch she had come to love and hate so well over the past three years. She had just gotten home from another degrading day at work. Her mind kept reminding her of the shower she so desperately needed after being visually slimed so many men in such a short period of time, but her body refused to move.

"Faye-Faye! You're home early!" Edward exclaimed bounding into the room. "What did you do this time?"

"I dumped coffee in some bastard's lap after he grabbed my ass!" She snapped. "I think a girl has a right to protect her own ass don't you?"

"Did Faye-Faye get fired?" Edward's asked her eyes widening far beyond normal human capacity.

Faye sighed. "No, Rosie told me to go home and said I could make it up to her later." Faye rubbed her temples attempting to alleviate her impending headache. "I should just quit and get a respectable job. Where's Scarlet?"

Edward rolled across the room to her computer and began typing with her toes. "Sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepiiiiiiiiiiing."

"Good, lets hope it stays that way."

"Mommy?" A small voice asked from somewhere within the Bebop.

"Spoke too soon." Faye groaned.

"Mommy," Faye's three-year-old daughter began as she climbed onto her mother's lap, "Bobbie says his new baby sister is a accident. What's that mean?"

Faye was momentarily taken aback by the audacity of her child. "I knew sending you to day care was a bad idea." Scarlet stared up at her mother through large curious eyes, Spike's eyes. Faye sighed.

"That means Bobbie's parents didn't plan on having Bobbie's little sister. She was kind of a . . . surprise." Scarlet furrowed her eyebrows.

"Was I a accident? Did I surprise you Mommy?"

Damn you Spike! Faye closed her eyes and pulled her daughter close, stoking her long lavender hair.

"You were the best thing that ever happened to me. Every time I look at you I see some of your father."

"Did you love my daddy a lot?"

"More than anything."

"But then you met me right?"

"Of course, you were always my favorite."

"That's good. I'm gonna go find Ein!" Scarlet announced quickly scrambling down the couch.

"Okay, play nice."

"Um . . . weren't Faye-Faye and Spike person not planning on having a baby?" Edward asked.

"She doesn't need to know that. Besides . . . " Faye was interrupted by a sudden high pitched yelp followed by laughter that sounded remarkably evil for a child. Ed immediately began loping to the rescue of her furry companion.

Faye gazed at the ceiling and smiled. "She's your daughter too Spike."