Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Cowboy Take Me Away ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Author's Note:

As usual, I don't own Cowboy Bebop, no one would place such a piece of art into my possession, it belongs to all those super-talented people who created it.
Likewise, the song "Cowboy Take Me Away" does not belong to me, it belongs to the Dixie Chicks; the lyrics are now stuck in my head, but I'm not making any money from them being stuck there. =^_~=



Cowboy Take Me Away
LH-chan '02


I wanna touch the earth
I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly

I've been running for so long...so long it feels like forever. Keeping to the dark concrete corridors of the cities and the miserable places where no one really wants to be, following a path that has finally lead me back to you.
So long...since I last saw you...was it then you were holding that bouquet of roses...the ones I always see with you in my memory.
I've missed you.
I regret....

I wanna sleep on the hard ground
In the comfort of your arms
On a pillow of bluebonnets
In a blanket made of stars

I've heard that you're acting a bounty hunter now, a cowboy, hiding by traveling the solar system at random.
I wish I had gone with you. I would like nothing more than to see the bright places...to see them by your side.
If I had only made different decisions...but it's too late for that now.

It sounds good to me

You'd tell me not to regret, wouldn't you. "The past doesn't matter", right?
Just the here...and the now....

Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free, oh I pray
Closer to heaven above and
Closer to you

We can get out now, right? We can be free.
You came back to me...so you must be able to set us free.

If you weren't here with me now, it would feel like an untouchable dream.

I wanna walk and not run
I wanna skip and not fall
I wanna look at the horizon
And not see a building standing tall

I know the situation's desperate, but we'll be all right...won't we?
We'll be free, we can run away and disappear together. We can go somewhere beautiful; a place of solitude like I've never known.
Somewhere, where's there's nothing...and no one....

I wanna be the only one
For miles and miles
Except for maybe you
And your simple smile

No one...except for you.

It sounds good to me
It sounds so good to me

That's what you want too, right? Tell me you know a place like that.

Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free, oh I pray
Closer to heaven above and
Closer to you

I watch you move, as though through water as always, even as you brood over the weapons...there's something...different about you. It's reassuring....

He always said that the angels who have fallen are forced to become demons.
It's true of me, it's true of him. Once, it was true of you.
It isn't now.
You're different, you're not a demon anymore...are you an angel...come to take me back to heaven too.

I wanna touch the earth
I wanna break it in my hands
I wanna grow something wild and unruly

The gun's report, the sudden acrid scent of gunpowder and scorched flesh.
I know the truth.
I won't ascend to heaven with you, will I?

No, I never could.

This isn't real, right? You know that, don't you?

We died back then, didn't we? We died in the graveyard together.
This is my Hell, isn't it? Hell for a fallen angel who cannot ascend to the heavens again.
It's fitting...a dream I can't wake up from...even now.

Once it's over...I wonder if it will repeat...just like this.... That's not so bad...to die again and again; if I'll be able to see you...even if it has to end this way....
At least, for a while, I can believe that you've come back to take me to heaven...even if it has to be...

Cowboy take me away
Fly this girl as high as you can
Into the wild blue
Set me free, oh I pray
Closer to heaven above and
Closer to you

...just a dream....

Cowboy take me away
Closer to you


.........

Silence, but for the sound of wings....