Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Daydreaming ❯ Daydreaming ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Cowboy Bebop.

 

Author's Notes: I'm not continuing with this, it is simply a drabble to voice my muse.

 

Elanor presents you with:

 

Daydreaming

 

I get so that I'm leaning on my left elbow careful not to wake him. I know what if I were anyone else he would have woken with the faintest stir, but it was me and he continues to sleep peacefully. If I dared, I would have leaned in to pet his hair; however, I wasn't. Fearful to shatter this dream that was reality before me I watched him sleep in a slumber that we rarely indulge in.

 

So I count his eyelashes instead.

 

One, two, three, four…

 

His eyes meet mine when I'm at 35. He greets me with an incoherent "Mm..ng.." and I smile back. "'morning" he mumbles back mirroring my smile.

 

I envision days like this where I can wake day after day to a dream that is reality. Perhaps with rain falling on a tin roof on some nights. Perhaps strolls in a field with my hand in his. Perhaps the two of us watching a meteor shower or fire and blaze at a distance and not in the midst of it. Perhaps the two of us at a dinner table before a warm fire and above the delicious aroma of hot soup. Perhaps the two of us dreaming together. Of each other. Of being together. Of continuing to live in this never ending dream.

 

"What is it?" he asks me with a slight frown across his features.

 

I lie back on the bed and whisper against his neck, "I was just daydreaming."