Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Dream over Cowboy ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Well I have finally updated, but I really hate this story. Please let me know if you think I should continue…I have many reservations about the characters. Do they seem to flat?

Disclaimer: I don't own Cowboy BeBop.

"I'm, sorry Faye… Faye-Faye…Hey Faye…"

My dreams have become strange in the last week. Feels like the past, present and future are merging into one. Chaotic images flash around in my head, Spike older, Ed as a child and Jet the same as the last time I saw him. Their telling me to hold on, that their coming to get me. Only that's not possible Spikes dead and Jet and Ed don't know where I am. Hell, I don't know where I am. The only thing I've seen of my prison is the room I woke up in a week again. According to that bastard Mackenzie I'm bait, for who he wouldn't tell me.

I haven't seen anyone the whole time I've been here except the guards outside my door. I tried to escape on the third day, but they are drugging either the food or water. I barely made it past the guards before I passed out. As long as I take it easy I can walk around for a while before I tire out. I found out that the second door is a small bathroom as at least I have that. Now all I can do it wait, but for what?

Michael Romani dreaded this moment more than any other in the last five years. This moment was the moment that he faced his past. As he stepped on to the deck of the BeBop his hands curled into fists to stop from shaking. To the casual observer he looked at ease; a man in his element, but his heart was pounding and his palms sweating. Coming here was a last resort. He knew that Jet and Ed were frantic about Faye missing, but they couldn't find her on their own and Michael couldn't rescue her without their help. Using the dragons would start a war he wanted to avoid if at all possible.

Ed sat at the computer looking for any mention of Faye. Ninety-six hour and counting with little or no sleep, but she wouldn't give up. The first few days she and Jet were concerned but it wasn't like Faye hadn't disappeared for a few days every once in a while. When the ISSP contacted the BeBop about the swordfish being towed Ed started to panic. No word on Faye could be found, it was starting to look like she had just disappeared. Ed knew better, people don't just vanish.

Ed glanced up from tomato as she heard someone enter the room. Looking back down she froze, slowly she looked back at the rooms other occupant. "Ed." The ghost said. "Is Jet around?" "Your dead" was her only reply. Ed wondered if she was hallucinating due to sleep depravation and a second opinion was what she needed as she called Jet into the room. As she stared at the ghost she wondered if she should try and talk to him or just go back to her search. The beeping of her computer answered that question and with one last look she went back to work.

Michael anticipated many responses from the crew of the BeBop, being ignored wasn't one of them. As he wondered what to say to Ed the clomping for heavy boots behind him altered him to Jets approach. As Jet entered the room he took stock of the older man. His hair was greyer and a few more wrinkles around his eyes were the only visible changes in the last five years. "Ed, did you find...? The question died on Jets lips as he saw the visitor. As the two men looked at each other, Ed never looked up from her computer; the only sound in the room was the occasional beep from Tomato. Finally one of them broke the silence, "Yo".

"Spike! What the hell are you doing here?" Jet asked. He seemed more confused then surprised that spike was alive and standing in his living room.

"Long time huh. How's it going?"

"Don't give me that shit Spike. You're here because Faye's missing. Where is she? Jet demanded. Spike was a little surprised at Jets admission.

"How long have you known?" Spike asked slowly.

"What that you were alive, leader of the Red Dragons or keeping track of us?"

"Well Yea" Spike replied. Jet rolled his eyes "For the past four years. Cut the crap Spike, Where's Faye?"

"She's been captured by the silver serpents. There leader is a man known only by aisles. The latest being Jonathan Mackenzie, Sound Familiar?"

"The bounty that Faye was after, but why would the serpents want Faye?" "It's not Faye they want. He's using her to get to me. That's why I'm here, I know where they are keeping her, but I can't get to her on my own and taking the dragons will only start a war that I'm not ready for."

"So you need our help to get her. Well where are they keeping her?"