Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Full Circle ❯ Endgame: Faye's Search Begins ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The first explosion rocked the Bebop a minute before midnight. It rocked the ship's two occupants out of sleep and to attention. The two found themselves in the hangar, among the smoldering remains of the Swordfish and the Red Tail. Nothing was left of Spike's beloved red fighter, and most of Faye's only possession was damaged beyond all hope of repair. The second bomb detonated, and the entire ship was engulfed in flames.

"The fuel tank...It was...right next to the....fuel tank" Jet murmured. They were the last words he ever said. The blast had sent waves of force through the entire ship. Pieces of metal from the walls were lodged in his abdomen. He bled to death.

Faye was luckier. She had been on the other side of the Red Tail, and it had taken most of the damage. She crawled into the cockpit of her craft. She crawled into it, and waited for the inevitable. There was damage everywhere, and she stared out the window into the night sky, just as she had done in the same moment Spike had died, collapsing on the stairs of the Syndicate from Vicious' final slash. The satiation of his blade, and the completion of everything that had ever existed in his life. But Faye had no way of knowing that. Only that something had called her to that window then, just as it called her now.

As she stared out the window, she thought her last thought. The flames had reached the Red Tail, and would soon extinguish her life, before putting themselves out in the vacuum of space.

I'll find you, space cowboy.

***



R/R as you will......