Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ It ain't all about the blues ❯ Numb Eyes ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi everyone! Sir Ed here, and wow I'm on chappy 3. I'm sure you people out there are like "yeah so?", but seriously I never imagined my fic would get this far. I thought a bunch of readers would come to my house with like pitchforks and torches demanding me stop my story cause it was so bad (I know me and my insane imagination!) Anyways...this story is finally getting somewhere! YAY! oh right thank you's...

Before I start I just want to say these people are awesome and you all get a free Tenjou, why aren't you guys happy? Fine, I'll throw in the "How to kidnap your fave anime characters" booklet. Now for the thanks...Thank you to Faye (sorry about being confusing!), Pogo the kosher penguin ( I want everyone to go read her fic cause its awesome!!), Cowgirl13( wow u reviewed again YAY!), Blooknaburg ( Heh, torturing Tenjou...always fun), and last but not least Milkyway ( you reviewed two times, go you ,go you)

Phew now that's out of the way...I must read the disclaimer...now who will I pick this time *takes out checklist* we got Spike and Tenjou now we can do...JET"S BONSAI TREE!! Oh damn they don't talk do they...damn. Ok, I'm just gonna pick the Tenjou again. YO TENJOU GET YOUR OVERSIZED COAT OVER HERE.

*Tenjou does that really cool flying thing* Yes master, how may I be of service?

*Sir Ed= Big evil smile* Disclaimer please?

Tenjou: Fine, Sir Ed does not own CB or anything like that, but she does own the new character that will appear.

Sir Ed: Thank you, now you can go do your awesome flying thing again!

################################################################# #######

Chapter Three: Numb Eyes.

"Freeze," a chilling feminine voice said.

Spike stood in shock, unable to move from his position. It wasn't fear of the gun on his face. Spike could've easily disarmed and repointed that gun at her. No, that wasn't what shocked him. It was her eyes...

Time slowed down as the ticking stopped, and as Spike stared into those eyes, the room fell away and they remained in empty space. Her eyes were two different colors. One was of a stormy sea, a deep green, that caught you in their waves and carried you to a faraway land of mystery. The other eye was blue, a sky blue, where tales of truth and innocence were told. Her eyes where like good and evil. Like Faye and Julia...

He longed to stay in that world, just floating there between the stormy seas and the clear skies. However the ticking of the clock resumed and a voice brought him out his trance -like state.

A soft voice spoke to him "So you're awake, it's about time."

Spike blinked unsure of what to say. The girl chuckled and walked past him. "Are you hungry, I can fix you something while we talk." The girl said.

A gurgling noise erupted from Spike's stomach and they both laughed. "Yeah, that would be great," Spike said while grinning.

"Follow me."

She lead the way to the kitchen, her long strides carrying her fast. When they got to the small kitchen the girl motioned to the table and said, "Please sit, there is alot to talk about."

Sitting down, Spike was finally able to get a good look at the girl who was now preparing some sort of meal for him. She was pretty tall, a little shorter than him, with a lean muscular build. She obviously didn't sit on her ass all day, unlike someone we know. Her long brown hair was hastily pulled back into a messy braid. She was dress casually, wearing dark jeans, a simple white tee, and a leather jacket over that. She looked about 20 or so, and rather ordinary too.

The air was comfortable, and the smell of grilled cheese lingered in the kitchen as the girl put down to grilled cheese sandwiches and sat down. The air was comfortable and Spike started to relax as he ate his sandwich, and she started to speak.

" My name is Anila Roberto, and you are currently in my apartment on Mars. I'm sure are wondering how you got here. After hearing a car outside and a few voices during the night about two weeks ago, I decided to check it out. What I saw was unexpected, to say the least. It was you, clinging to the last threads of life, in a alley. The next two weeks involved you healing and me finding out exactly what got you in that situation."

"So you know all about me" Spike mumbled through a stuffed mouth.

"Yes Spike Spiegel, I know all about you, but not from you're point of view. You're not that hard to find info on, all it takes is a little hacking into some government files. After all, you were once part of the Red Dragon Syndicate, and the police like to keep tabs on people who work for a Syndicate or a mafia."

"Don't I know it," Spike said coolly.

" The thing that I don't understand is why you, Spike, have the look of a lost warrior who has not yet found his home," the girl said looking strait into his eyes.

Spike was caught off-guard by the unexpected question, and a moment of silence filled the kitchen. Thoughts invaded his head and he was just about to answer the question when the phone cried a piercing wail.

Quickly, Anila picked up the phone and answered, "Hello...yes what is it?"

Now Spike wasn't one to eavesdrop....okay maybe he did a little bit, but something caught his attention. Her voice had changed from that of a soft kind voice to that of bone-chilling one.

" Hm.... no I don't except money... where is this place...and when do you expect this to happen?...I'll be there...5m sound okay...good-bye," and with that the phone was put back into it's cradle.

She turned to him, her eyes like piercing daggers. " I'm going out, I won't be back for a while," her voice changing back to kind one she said ,"You look exhausted Spike, you should go to bed, and don't wait up for me," She turned but then turned and threw something at him. "And, Spike, here. You look like a smoker." And with that she was gone.

Spike felt his body screaming for rest, and he stumbled back to his room. He laid on his bed, smoking and thinking about the previous events before the sleeping maiden gave him the kiss of a dreamer.

" 'Cause one is the loneliest number you'll ever know"

Filter

######################################################## ################

So how was it? you like or no. Please review!!!! I'm going to bed goodnight.