Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ It ain't all about the blues ❯ Devil went down to Georgia ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi! I'm back and I'm happy to say that the story is actually starting to go here. We now know about Anila and all so we can start on their Journey. I'm sure all of you are wondering where the hell is the romance in this stuff, well that may take a while! BUT PLEASE STICK WITH THE STORY!!! You'll get your pairing soon enough. I promise. Now for the review thank you's (this is kinda turning into tradition here!)

AnimeAngel: Sorry it had to end there, but my teachers like to believe that by putting students through extreme stress they grow smarter. Seriously sometimes I feel as if they think we don't have a social life OR don't have other things to do than studying...

KimKim: Oh wow, you think I'm a great writer? I glow from the praise. Thank you so much for the compliment!

Cowgirl13: Hehe, don't worry the day will come when Anila gets to seriously hurt those people, but I don't know if Spike'll help. She may not want to or he may have to help someone else get out of a dangerous ditch. I don't know if Anila will allow you to beat up the guys, sorry. Um and watch your own ass Spike? Hm, he may have to! ^,^;

Trowa: Yes this episode does involve the fiddle. I'm sorry. oh and one more thing JIMMY EAT WORLD ROCKS!!!

Now for the Disclaimer...CHU CHU FROM UTENA *background applause while Chu Chu comes out from a behind a red curtain.*

Sir Ed: * Who just happens to be sipping from a cup of tea* Chu Chu if you would be so kind as to announce the disclaimers.

Chu-Chu: Chu chu chuuuuuu chu chu- chu chu. Chu chu chu chu chu chu chuuuuuu chuu chuu chu- chu chu.... CHU!* takes a bow*

Sir Ed: Now according to my Chu-Chu dictionary, this translates to : Sir Ed does not own CB or any of the songs that she uses in this story, unless otherwise mentioned. However, Sir Ed does own the Character Anila, so if you want to use her please ASK FIRST! Thank you Chu, can I have a hug?

Chu Chu: CHUUUUUUUUUU *runs away*

Sir Ed: Why does this always happen to me ^,^:...

PS: ----- means different scene.

*********************************************************************** *

Chapter 6: Devil Went Down to Georgia

The museum was filled with soft whispers, the quite snores of old people sitting on benches, and the footfalls of moving tour groups. Back in the "Historic West" section a woman voice could be heard.

The woman was middle age, with frizzy killed mucky hair. Her lips smeared with coral lipstick, her eyelashes clumped with black mascara. She looked around lazily at the group before here as she snapped her gum and tapped her high heeled shoe against the marble floor.

"Now would anyone like to tell me about this fiddle here," the woman said in a desperate plea for someone to tell the story instead of her. Her shrew eyes scanned the large group before her, and she spotted a small hand peeping up from the mass of bodies.

"Why yes young man, do you have know the story behind the fiddle?" The woman said in an over-excited voice.

"Actually, I was wondering if I could go to the bathroom," the small boy had his legs crossed and it looked like if he didn't get a "yes" this second...well let's just say the museum's janitor won't be the happiest guy in the world.

The tour-guide made a snorting noise and said in rather offended voice "OH, fine, go!" With that the boy went of running towards the nearest bathroom.

"Anyone else have the answer?" The woman was pissed now and she was about to jump out of the window, too.

"I believe I do," a rich southern accent rang deeply in the quiet wing of the museum. "That fiddle was famous in the old west for the pure rich song it produced. It was said that little fiddle there could make the devil want to do a jig."

Everyone gasped at the man's knowledge of this random fiddle. The tour guide stuttered a reply, " My, that certainly is an amazing knowledge you have there. By the way, how do you know so much about this random fiddle?"

The man smiled and said in a warm friendly voice, " Why I am deeply shocked and hurt by such a question." The man stepped out and was dressed head to two in western clothes with the added touch of twinkling light blue eyes under the brim of his cowboy hat. The girls gasped as their hearts began to quicken when they saw the stud. He continued this time his grin getting wider and more, how do you say, insane. "I'm then man who knows all about those wonderful little instruments. Those beautiful simple instruments that are like none other. 'I'm also the man who...collects them."

The tour guide could tell something bad was going to happen, so she began to push the alarm button that was right behind her. But the man was too quick and pushed her away from it.

He turned to the now panicked crowd and said in a wicked voice " Now listen my fine little dancers, I would like you to get me that fine fiddle there, if y'all don't mind."

"Like hell we will you bastard," a man from the crowd said

"Very well then," the man said as he brought out a music player, "then please listen to this. I might say you will ...reconsider."

Music, rich music, began to play. The people stood stiff for a moment before they began to shake. The mans fiddle produced an eerie sound that matched the tune perfectly.

One by one the people in the museum began to drop like flies, shaking the whole time. Foam began to drip from their mouths as their irises in their eyes disappeared.

The western man carefully stepped over the bodies as he went to the glass case that held the precious fiddle in it. Taking out a simple knife he cut the glass and took the fiddle, putting into a black fiddle case on it.

Walking over the bodies he left, leaving only the tune to continue the spell.

Devil went down to Georgia

He was looking for a soul to steal

He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind

He was willing to make a deal

------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------

"That will be 50 woulongs please," the clerk said. Spike handed the clerk the money which was followed by an over cheery "Thank you come again."

Spike walked down the marketplace feeling at peace as he chewed an apple and savored the sweet precious flavor. He was just having an awesome day, no make that a week, or was it two weeks.

Spike shook his head as looked back on his stay with Anila. The ship they shared (even though it was owned by Anila) wasn't large but still a decent size to fit two people. Since both Spike and Anila were pretty much low maintenance, everything was easy going.

Except for the cleaning and cooking part. That was a huge problem that usually ended up with a very frustrated Anila and Spike.

It usually started like this...

"Spike, can you please turn off the TV and go clean the bathroom." Anila said from down the hall in an empty room that they sometimes liked to train in.

"Yeah, sure in a minute." However Spike wouldn't move an inch from his comfortable position on the couch.

15 minutes later...

"Um, Spike, please go clean the bathroom. We made a deal, I cook and clean the living room and kitchen. You take care of the bathroom and the training room."

Spike's eyes were still glued to the hypnotizing flickering of the TV. "Yeah sure I'll do it in a minute."

20 minutes later...

"SPIKE!!!!" Stomping could be heard from the hallway as a fuming Anila came over to him.

"Huh, what?" Spike asked with his eyes still glued to the TV.

" Well you know I was just wondering IF YOU COULD CLEAN THE DAMN BATHROOM!!!! It seems like every single day we go through this."

"Geex Anila, get off my case why don't you do it?" Spike grumbled

Anila opened and closed her mouth. Spike smirked feeling that he had finally trapped her and she would go do it herself.

What he didn't realize was that Anila had the upper hand in this battle. She turned on her heel and began to walk out of the living space towards the kitchen. At the entrance-way she turned around and said with an innocent gasp, "Oh my, but if I do the bathroom then I won't have time to cook dinner. What a shame because I was going to make Bell Peppers and beef. Oh well." And with that Anila began to walk away.

Spike's eyes snapped open at those four little words. Bell Peppers and Beef (which Anila made perfectly). Spike's stomach growled and his mouth watered thinking about the taste. "Hey Anila wait up."

Down the hall Anila was mumbling " Five, Four, Three, Two, One." Then there was Spike calling "Anila wait up."

Anila tried to compose herself so that a huge grin wouldn't grace her face as she thought to herself "Spike you are so predictable."

Spike called once more, before Anila turned around. "Why yes, what did you need?"

Spike stood there awkwardly as he said "Er, well, you see, I really think it would be a really bad idea if we skipped dinner so why don't I just clean the bathrooms and you cook dinner, okay?"

"Okay."

And with that everything was back to normal.

Spike pondered on this little scene that happened repeatedly. It was kind of cool, in a way Anila was like a little sister of sorts.

"Spike, hey Spike wait up!" Speak of the devil.

Spike turned around to see Anila running after him. "Yes, my dear?" Spike felt a chill go down his back as he remembered saying that to a tomboy a while back.

"Well, I was just at a newspaper to pick up today's Bounty Times ( A/N: incase your like "nani?" right now, Bounty Times is a newspaper that basically is for Bounty Hunters.) and...hey! did you get an apple for me?"

"Actaully I did," Spike said as he tossed an apple to a suprised Anila, "Continue with your story."

"Ok, so I was looking to try to find an easy bounty for some extra money. And I came across an easy one but odd." It seemed as if Anila was hesitating to go on.

"And?" Spike asked. He could feel the adrenalin rush through his veins at the thought of catching a bounty. After all Spike loved chases.

" Well, I have to warn you this one is a bit...odd...yes, odd. His name is George Gallant, and he doesn't have many serious charges such as murder or rape, but he does put people into seizures."

"Wow, is he really that ugly?"

"Actually no, I've heard he's quite handsome. He uses a type of song that puts people into seizures, just to steal something."

"Steal what?"

"You're not going to believe this, but he steals fiddles."

"WHAT?! You've got to be kidding me. You expect me to take a guy who steals not diamonds, not guns, BUT FIDDLES seriously?"

" Well, he supposedly is a west obsessed guy! He even dresses like a cowboy and supposedly he leaves an old old western song behind from like 90 years ago."

"Hmmm...a song...is that gives the people Seizures?"

"That's what I think, there must be something hidden in the music."

There was a moment of silence filled with only the talk of the market and apples being chewed. This guy seemed pretty easy. Seriously, how many guys are there who steal fiddles that are actually dangerous.

Spike sighed. "So where is this guy going to be next?"

Anila flipped open her wireless explorer and searched through the maps on Venus. "Hm...apparently he has attacked 5 out of the 6 locations of fiddles on Venus so far. That leaves only one last place, a mansion of a James Tortella the third. That's definetly his mark."

"And what will we do then."

"Don't worry I have got it all planned out...."

--------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------

Gallant could only smirk as he reached for the fiddle that wasn't protected by a security system or a glass case. His hands began to shake as they neared the delicate neck of the fiddle and he licked his lips for he could almost hear the smooth melody of that fiddle.

He grasped the neck of the fiddle just as the cold steel of a gun was pressed to his head.

"Don't you dare."

Gallant was ready to smirk but unfortunetly he had a gun pressed to his head so he decided to exactly see the person who was pointing that gun at him.

It was an old frail man in a bathrobe. That's right a bathrobe.

Gallant now did smirk and with his smooth voice put up his best act, "My dear sir, what do you think I dare to do. Take your violin? Goodness, no? I could never do that to you. Why I'm mearly going to take this little device of yours for research. In fact, I would really like to analyze this fine piece of art. So while I'm doing that why don't you just relax and listen to some wonderful music."

"But-but-but this has been in my family for-"

"Shhhhhh. No need to worry," and with that the earphones went on and music began to play...

When his came across this young man's soul

On the fiddle and playing it hot

And the devil jumped up on a hickory stump

and said boy let me tell you why

The man dropped to the floor as the seizures began, but the man being so frail and old died early into the seizures.

"Oh, what a shame, and I thought he would enjoy that one," Gallant remarked as he curiously stared at the crumpled body of the dead man.

" Who could when the damn song sucks?" The voice came from on of the many shadows of the room. The man had green hair and was wearing a blue suit. "The worst thing you did though was not play that really bad song, but kill an innocent grandpa."

" Oh, who cares really he was going to die anyways.And so are you."

With that Gallant turned up the music until the floor shook from the vibrations. The mirrors cracked and danced around the two standing figures in the room: Spike and Gallant.

I guess you didn't know it but I'm a fiddle player too

And if you care to take a dare I'll make a bet with you

Now you play a pretty good fiddle boy

But the give the devil his due

I'll bet a fiddle of gold to get your soul

To think I'm better than you

The boy said my names Johnny

And it might be a sin

But I 'll take your bet

You're gonna regret

Cause I'm the best there's ever been.

Gallant stood shaking with rage " BUT HOW!? HOW DID YOU WITHSTAND MY MUSIC?! MY MUSIC!"

Spike smirked, his relaxed appearance only adding to Gallant's frustration "You know the hearing aids in this day and age are just amazing." He turned a knob in his ears. " You can adjust anything from the sound to the frenquency."

Gallant could only stand there shocked as Spike stood there fiddling with the hearing aids. "But how, how did y-you figure that one out?"

"Hm, it was kind of easy. You just had to think a little bit. It was obvious you were using that to put pressure on the mind. I mean, people don't get seizures from loud music or bad music. I do have a question though, how come you don't react to the music."

Johnny rosined up your bow And play fiddle hard

Cause hells broke loose in Georgia and the devil views at heart

And if you win you get this shiny fiddle made of gold

But if you loose the devil gets your soul

The devil opened up his case and said I'll start this show

And fire blew from his fingertips as he rosined up his bow

And he pulled the bow across the strings and it made an evil hiss

And then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this....

Gallant smiled, "Why didn't you figure it out. I can't hear. I was tested on as a child which resulted in being deaf."

Gallant paused, as his hand reached behind him to pull out his own fiddle. "But now that you have found my lil secret out, I'm afraid you can't keep it."

Gallant's fiddle transformed into a fiddle packed with explosives.

Spike ran towards him, wanting him to stop it, but instead Spike just got a knife in his leg causing him to collapse. Spike mumbled "Why?"

Gallant cried out "You want to know why I did it, because I wanted to hear the rich sound on those Fiddles, and I couldn't then no one will." With that Gallant pushed the button, and white hot flames engulfed the mansion. Spike could hear Gallant's screams as his body turned to ashes.

Johnny said "Well you're pretty good old son"

But sit down in that chair right there

And let me show you how it's done...

Spike awoke to the cool air engulfing him as someone hummed beside him. He turned expecting to see Julia but instead he saw Anila a girl who looked slighty peeved.

"Hey," he croaked.

She looked up 'Yup, she is definitely peeved'. "Oh Spike, so glad you could make it out alive. Let's just say you are damn luck that a door covered you and I came just in the nick of time."

Spike sighed and placed a cigarette on his lips, "Okay start the yelling and scolding."

*big deep breath* "SPIKE NOT ONLY DID YOU COST US THE BOUNTY BUT ALSO 2 PRICELESS VIOLINS," Anila sighed, " Do you always get in this much trouble?"

"Yep," Spike said as he took a puff of his addiction.

"I better not hear you complaining about the bathrooms for a month."

"I know."

"And one more thing..."

"..."

"The Bebop is on Earth."

Spike opened his eyes

******************************************************************* *****

Yes I know this chapter sucked and I'm sooo sorry. And I'm really sorry it took soooo long to get done but school has been hell and I've been working my butt off to get a comic finished so I could send into a Contest. Oops next Chapter...

Anila: Spike why the hell are you trying to strangle me?!

Spike: DIE! VICIOUS DIE!

Anila...spike...please stop...please...

Chapter 7: Suicidal Dreams