Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Lady ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: `Cowboy Bebop' was written by Keiko Nobumoto. No money was made from this story.
 
Author's Note: This is based on the woman in the first episode of Cowboy Bebop.
 
XXX
 
It was a ragged thing, really. Common. To her it was survival. And the round bulge that swelled from her was… her… future? It was an unusually calm realization. She held the metal delicately; whimsically she ran a chapped finger over the trigger.
 
Her eyes ran over the haze of buttons, then to her sweating companion. Then to the tiny dot of a world they were leaving behind.
 
I'll never reach Mars.
 
A woman will look and see that a man cannot challenge the gods. The red of his blood barely stained her dress. And she looked up, cradling her crazed love, at that cowboy.
 
“Adios.”
 
Men were small things, really. Clinging to small worlds and small emotions. Why had she the audacity to hope for Mars? On a map it had looked slightly… bigger… But women aren't very educated.
 
Their chasers closed in, and the human gravity exceeded that of geography.
 
Her children disintegrated into the soundlessness of the stars. If she had accomplished anything, she had freed them from gravity. In that womanly, worldly smile she almost became a lady. Maybe her children would succeed her.
 
But the god of war had not seen her labour.
 
Adios. Fools.