Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Slipping On Ice ❯ Slipping On Ice ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Slipping On Ice
Disclaimer: don’t own Cowboy Bebop or any of the characters.
A/N: There are no names used in this piece so ill go ahead and say this is all Julia speaking to Spike. Who is dead. This is after Real Folk Blues. Julia survives instead of Spike this time and she had something she would like to say to him.

I got up early.

I cant remember why… it was icy out, and I feared I would fall. The metaphor of my life. I thought if I did fall… ‘who’s going to be here to catch me?’ and… apart of me actually feared slipping on some darn ice thinking that way. So instead I changed my whole mind set… or maybe not… I just answered my own question… me.

Apart of me doesn’t want you back anymore.

Everyday I used to get up and I used to miss you. Every single day.

Well, the same day I feared falling… I did. And someone caught me. Surprise, surprise… when I did fall it didn’t hurt nearly as much as I thought it would.

I don’t remember why I was on Jupiter. Its Jupiter… but really why did I go there the first time? That’s where I met him… if you care. He was polite, he pulled out my chair and even opened the door for me when it was time to leave. Apart of me was expecting and waiting for him to belch loudly or light up a cigarette but he never did. Apart of me enjoyed this. And for a moment… I didn’t think of you. And then I actually missed you. I found myself aching for a cigarette and my cheeks itching to hurt as I found it inside to release a laugh. I left. He followed.

I’m starting not to care so much. I’m starting to get to the point where I can go a whole day or at least get through half of one without hating you or loving you. I think I’m getting over you… or at least I was until I met that guy… there was just something about him you see… and apart of me felt bad for a moment. Not for you. For him. Because he had no idea he was courting a broken woman… and he didn’t even know my name. I didn’t know his…

It didn’t matter because…

(And if you care of course…)

The whole time…

I imagined it was you.