Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tenshi Trail: Shin Heart ❯ Vol. Two, Chapter Fourteen: Aijin Pt. 2 ( Chapter 14 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Aijin Pt. 2
Sakura eyed them all silently. “And who are you?” she asked. The demons walked up closer. They circled her like vultures to a carcass. Sakura grabbed onto the small dagger that Spike had given last week for defense. Her soon-to-be attackers all looked at her hungrily.
“We are legion!” they all said together. The tenshi-chi watched them closely. The shapeless demons all looked the same. She had heard about them before. What did they want with her? A female demon smirked at her.
“We are here to kill you!” she announced. Sakura became even more lost.
“Kill me?” she asked. “What for?” They all laughed aloud at her.
“Because if we kill you,” the main one answered. “It'll draw him out and we'll kill him too!” Sakura slowly took all of that in. Her eyes grew eyes in terror. “Oh my god!” she thought. “They mean Spike! I can't let them do that!” The tenshi-chi had to think fast. Otherwise, they were both dead. She decided to try and stall for time. Sakura smirked at them coldly. She snickered coldly.
“You can go to Hell!” the tenshi-chi hissed. Legion looked at her.
“What?” they all asked. Sakura stood taller.
“You can mess with all you want,” she went on. “But if you mess with Spike-kun, I'll give you Hell from even the grave.” Legion smirked at her on that offer.
“The grave, huh?” they asked. “We'll take you up on that offer!” Sakura slowly drew out her knife as the demons drew in closer to attack.
Meanwhile, Spike and Julia ended up spending the day together. Julia walked forward and embraced the cowboy into her arms. Spike held her tenderly.
“It's been so long,” he whispered.
“I know,” she said at his chest. Spike kissed her on the top of her head. This seemed to be a dream Maybe too much of a dream. Where had Julia been? Why did she want to be with him out of the blue. He was in a relationship now. But yet, he couldn't turn her away for some reason. Julia looked up at him again.
“Spike,” she said. “Let's get away from here.” The cowboy looked at her confused.
“And go where?” he asked. Julia just shrugged.
“Just anywhere!” she breathed out. Spike thought about that for a moment.
“Well, I'll see what I can do,” he said. They went out to a small café. The old couple sat near the window. Should be a joyous time, right? Spike couldn't seem to focus on that. He looked out the window into the softening rain. His mind had wandered back to his precious tenshi-chi. He wondered if she was doing fine at the moment. Then, he began to remember that dream he had last night…
“Spike?” a voice asked him. The cowboy quickly returned to earth. Julia looked at him slightly concerned.
“Is… something wrong?” she asked. Spike quickly shook his head.
“N-Nothing,” he lied. “Nothing at all.” Julia didn't believe him, but said nothing. A waitress came along and they ordered their tea and meals. Spike paid for lunch. The couple just took a walk around the whole day. It seemed very nice and all. But yet, Spike just couldn't get his mind off of Sakura. He worried about her so much. Sure, she had wised up some over the months, but it just wasn't enough. The woman still had so much to learn. He only hoped that she would manage to survive somehow. Julia paused in the park and turned around to him smiling. Spike came back to earth when he saw her.
“What?” he asked. His former flame didn't speak at first. She gave him a sweet little smile. Then, she leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. Spike was pleasantly surprised. He kissed her back… at first. Within a few seconds however, the cowboy pushed her away. Julia looked at him slightly confused. Then, she broke into laughter.
“Oh don't tell me you've fallen for that pathetic, sweet, darling, little tenshi-chi!” she mocked him. “I thought of you higher than that!” Spike became angry. He rushed forward and grabbed Julia by the shoulders.
“Don't you say that about her!” he snapped. Julia looked at him nervously. The cowboy glared at her coldly.
“Why the hell have you returned after so long?!?” he barked. Julia bit her lips nervously as she looked down and away from him. He has caught on now. She might as well start talking now.
“It's a trap!” she blurted out. Spike looked at her slightly confused.
“What?” he asked. “What do you mean?”
“The demons in Hell wanted to separate you and Sakura so that they could kill you both!” she blurted out. “They have sent Legion out to kill Sakura as a trap!” Spike's eyes grew big in alarm.
“Where are they now?” he asked quickly.
“I don't know! I don't know! I don't know!!!” Julia cried over and over again. The cowboy let go of her and ran off to find his current girlfriend.
“Spike, wait!!!” Julia cried. The cowboy paused and turned around. Julia looked on at him in desperation.
“I love you!” she cried. “Never forget that!” Spike said nothing. He just kept on running. He got into his ship, Swordfish, and flew off. Julia watched on in desperation. She had lost him for good this time. The cowboy looked all over the city for his beloved tenshi-chi. He finally got a text from her leading to another park in the other side of the city. Spike flew all the way there and landed. He looked around for any sign of the tenshi-chi. He spotted her running away injured from Legion through the dry autumn grass. The five demons were chasing Sakura around and still trying to kill her. The tenshi-chi decided to keep herself moving the whole time so to still alive. Jet taught her that one very well. However, she didn't know how much longer she could keep this up. Legion was kicking her ass pretty badly. Sakura only knew how to block off attacks. She had yet learned how to fight for herself. At long last, she spotted her boyfriend. Spike was running straight towards her. The injured tenshi-chi became overjoyed and worried.
“Spike-kun!!!” she cried. “Look out!!!” The cowboy didn't listen. He just raced towards her. The demons looked up and saw their other target. Legion grinned to themselves coldly.
“Great, the party can really start now!” they said. They all lunged at the cowboy. Sakura watched on in terror.
“Spike-kun!!!” she cried. The demons prepared to attack. Spike smirked at them coldly. He drew out his gun and fired. It only took him about five bullets and all of his fighting skills to get rid of each one. They didn't seem to want to give up at first. After a few minutes however, the demons all slowly disappeared and went away back to Hell. Seemed too easy… However, Spike didn't worry about that at the moment. He hurried over to Sakura.
“Sakura-chan!” he said. “Are you alright?” She didn't speak at first. The tenshi-chi just nodded. The cowboy sighed in relief.
“Good,” he said. “I'm taking you home now.” Sakura nodded again. Spike picked her up and carried her back to Swordfish.
“Spike-kun,” Sakura spoke up.
“Hm?” he asked.
“What was that message about and who was it from?” the tenshi-chi asked. The cowboy shook his head at her.
“It's nothing,” he lied. She knew, but chose to say nothing about it. The tenshi-chi was just happy to be back with her beloved cowboy prince. However, the real test and show had yet to begin. This was just a practice round after all. More opportunities would arrive to activate the shin heart within Sakura's heart and turn her sweet soul dark. But for now, the couple would rest and bask in the victory of this latest trial..
Enjoy Victory, Cowboy