Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ THE MOZEIK BOX SERENADES ❯ WHATS A LITTLE Q. AND A. ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title: THE MOZEIK BOX SERENADES

chapter two: WHAT'S A LITTLE Q. AND A.

by: JUNOSTAR

disclaimer: I do not own cowboy bebop.----- PLEASE READ AND REVIEW.

Spike to another sip of his beer and looked up as the bartender started to speak. "That girl their is something elace, so different than any one I've ever meat. Seems like she fancied yeah"

"Why would you say that?"

"She never talks to anyone but me and that's only to order, but its odd she's never slammed her drinks down like that before you must have stuck a cord with her"

"Or maybe she just has somewhere to go."

About seven minuets have passed since Isabel had left the bar, when suddenly with a gush of sweet smelling cold wind she repapered. Thronging a pack of cigarettes at Spike. "I saw you were out, hope you like this brand its what I had."

"Thanks." Spike said with a bit of a squeak in his voice. 'It wasn't everyday that a stranger let alone an attractive female buy you a pack of smokes.'

"What do I owe yeah?"

"Just a drink will do, its not often I find some one I wouldn't mind talking to"

"So how do you know I want to talk to you" Spike slowly said the sentence as if he were thinking of the words as he spoke them?

"I don't"

"All right than..." Spike said quicker than he meant to than passed with a blank face, bringing his pointer finger to the side of his face and than swinging it down pointing at his smokes. "What do you do to get money for beer and smokes" Spike said just to get the ball rolling? Watching her as she decided to move and seat herself next to him.

"Kill." She said nonchalantly. Swinging her hand and gesturing with it as if it were a gun, pointing directly at Spikes left temple. Their eyes in a dead lock.

There was a long pause. 'What type of person flatly admits that they kill, huh.' Spike thought. 'Is she joking'

"Kill what?" Spike is obviously confused. What would this woman kill or better question who and for what purpose.

"People" changing her face to a serious scroll with now peering eyes. Eyes that seemed oddly familiar to Spike, a little to familiar, spike got a cold chill up his spine but it wasn't from someone walking in the door of the pub, but from memories. A memory he thought would never come to life again. 'Julia' was the only word that swirled in his head.

"Ok, so how is it that you get away with theis killings and. why are you bothering with telling me." Spike is really trying to figure this girl out she is as the bartender says 'something elace'.

Reaching out to grab his pace of sticks. He packed them three times, leaning back on the bare stool unwrapping them with an emotionless fetcher on his face. Grabbing one out. Before he cold get it to his mouth Isabel already had a lighter blazing in front of him.

"Because...." She seemed to drag the word out, looking as if she's trying to find the right way to put her wording. Biting her bottom lip, than moisaning it with her tongs slightly.

That seemed to spark a little interest with Spike.

"You remind me of some one I herd about through letters from my..." she sighed deeply reaching over to grab a cigarette from the pack she brought Spike. Accidentally brushing his arm in the process, he took in a sharp breath that he didn't mean to take in. She started to speak again as she lit her cigg. "But that was about four years ago. Or was it five. And he worked for the..." She trailed off and paused for a moment "hum...He had the oddest name, I can't quite think of it." She looked at the ceiling and rubbed her chin for a moment looking at him closer narrowing her eyebrows as if trying to find something, than speaking again. "But he died about three years ago. So it couldn't possibly be you."

Spike rose an eyebrow to this odd conversation. Was it him she was speaking of? And if it was should he tell her its him. But how could he know if she was, she wasn't even finishing her sentences. It was quite enjoying, if she wanted to talk at least tell the person a whole story not little dabs of it.

So Spike decided to pry a little but not letting her know he was. Just a few questions would work, he hoped.

"What reminds you of him, I mean about me." He spoke before he thought of that one. 'Must be getting a buzz that it, I'm not drunk' He thought waighting for an answer.

"I think its the way you smell, the letters always had an odd spicy smell to them and you seem to have that same exact smell... Weird I know, but I think a lot of memories are based on sound, touch, and of course sent." While saying theis words she gestured with her pointer finger to her ear witch she circled, than she slide her finger past her lips than she tapped the tip of her noise. Keeping spike in her gaze the whole time.

"So you're talking to me because some one about four years ago wore the same cheep colon I do" Spike said with a no-it-all attitude and a smirk on his face.

"No." She said flatly"

"Than why." Spike spoke through a yawn wile stretching his arms above his head settling them be hind his neck with his fingers waved together.

"I can't really say I feel-" Isabel got cut off from finishing as Spike comm. went of in his coot pocket.

"Spike yeah their" It was Jets husky voice. A little crackled through the airwaves.

Spike noticed the changing exspretion on Isabel's face as she heard his name 'My god it can't be him he has been dead, this has to be a joke' her heart sank to the deepest depts. Of her stomach as she turned pale. Spike lifted an eyebrow to this look curious of what had sparked this change. Was it the voice? Did she know Jet, or does she realize I'm a bounty hunter and she has a bounty on her head. Spike never thought it was because of his name until jet said it again.

"Hay; Spike if you're there.... Pick up some on your way back. Ok bud." Isabel's mouth opened a bit but no words came out all she did was slowly look away. Than motioned for an another double shot with a slight shake to her motions.

Spike reached into his front pocket and grabbed out the comm. "Hay Jet you still there." He spoke more out of a reaction than actually paying any attention or wanting to strike up a conversation. "Yep, I'm hear."

"I'll get yeah the smokes."

"Thanks, Hay when yea-"

Spike didn't take his eyes off the back of her head while he turned off the comm. Jet was in mid sentence. 'So it was me she has been talking about, I got to see were this goes and how the hell she knows about me' Still staring at her like he was trying to burn a hole in the back of her head he took the shot of whisky down with amazing speed.

Isabel just sat their and stared at her full shot glass, Spike notice she had an edgy look to her body and the way her eyes started to narrow at the liquor, their was a rage but that only lasted a minuet than she took her shot and looked back at Spike as if none of theis strange emotions in her and the ones that appeared clearly on her face had never happened.

She decided to change the conversation quickly and escape in the same movement. With a now plastered smile on her face a little tight in the cheeks she spoke through clenched teeth. "Well I guess you got to get your friend some smokes and I got to get going any way." She stood up and started to grab for her coot when Spike reached out to grab her rest. 'This girl is not going to sneak away that easily' Spike thought, but was mistaken. Isabel easily dodged his attempt to stop her. And she through her coot over her shoulders than rushed out the door.

Spike headed to the door and was just about to push on it when he heard the bartender. "Hay you got to pay your bill!"

"Shit" Spike said under his breath as he turned around on his heals. Through some money at the bartender and took off out the door.

_______________________________________________________________________ _

I know this chapter was a little slow but don't worry it gets better. You'll see.

NEXT CHAPTER: EVERY BODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTING.

Preview:

'What the hell is this' Isabel was surrounded by four men dressed in tight black ninja uniforms, with hooded faces. He was just about to step in and take affirmative action knowing folly well he would be the victor. When Isabel who was oddly standing in a casual position as if comfortable with the whole situation looking like a defenseless poor girl, kicked the man in front of her full force in the face he had no time to react. He flew in to a pall of garbage holding his now bloody broken nose trying to stand back up.

"Shit this girl got balls" Spike said in a high pitched impressed voice.

_________________________________________________________________ _______

Please review and tell me what you think. maybe give some ideas on what I should change. To tell you the truth this is my first fan fiction, I just want to know if I'm doing it right.

J.S.