Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ THE MOZEIK BOX SERENADES ❯ THE ROAD TO TRUTH ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

title: THE MOZEIK BOX SERENADES

chapter four: THE ROAD TO TRUTH

by: JUNOSTAR

Disclaimer: I do not own cowboy bebop.----- PLEASE READ AND REVIEW.

The moment Spike made it around the corner he ran directly into Isabel's behind. She was bent over getting her guns out of her ankle holsters. One on each side.

The second Spike ran into her she wearied around as fast as she could and had the gun in her left hand roughly lodged into his right temple.

Spike flung up his hands in an I surrender position shaking them slightly back and forth to get more attention from Isabel.

"Wooh, hold on sister, remember I'm not the enemy."

Isabel dropped her arm to her side and looked around the area with sharp eyes. "I didn't expect you to run into my ass." Isabel paused looked around again and than continued. "Well I see you made up your mind, come on my car is this way." With that said she grabbed Spikes wrist and ran two blocks down to a black Lincoln town car, painted high gloss black with completely tinted windows.

Spike didn't know witch car was hers so when she stopped next to the car still holding onto his wrist he was forcefully slammed into the side of it.

In a panting rushed voice Isabel spoke. "Get in, get in, its unlocked." Isabel slid across the front of the vehicle and got into the driver's side. "My place or yours." She said with a sarcastic smile on her face. "Yours I suppose. I'm not quit ready to get Jet in evolved in this yeat." Spike was not really shore what was going on, so he decided he didn't need reinforcements (by the name of Jet) getting involved or killed, because that's were this all seems to be heading.

Isabel zoomed through the traffic on the streets with ease. Spike was comparing it to his monopod flying at one point. He thought it was kind of cute seeing this little woman driving such a huge vehicle with ease. Spike was getting to like her attitude and her looks. But he still didn't know anything about her really, or this damb sitchuation he got himself into.

He hade to know answers and he thought during a high speeded drive was more than appropriate.

"So first question what syndicate do you belong to." He spoke nonchalantly as he dug for a cigarette out of his pocket. As he placed it in his mouth. Isabel had a Zippo lit be for his face. "Thanks, now what one I asked."

Isabel took a deep breath and exhaled slowly before answering. She really didn't want to play twenty questions yeat. But she guessed he deserved answers, and she of course was the one with them.

"Well if you must know."

"And I do." Spike interrupted.

"In all seriousness, I've mostly been working with them since I was 15. I know that's pretty young even for The Dragons, But my sister had already been working their for a year, and she had gotten me in based on my intellect and skills." Isabel dragged in a long breath and looked down at her hands. Than continued. "You see I have always been good with explosives, pyros., and such. Along with designing weaponry and now I have been getting my self heavily involved creating more of the new age weaponry as well. To tell you the truth I probably develop more than half of the Dragons more high teck. Weaponry to date, I've even been know to dabble in the monopod cercate now and again."

Spike looked at Isabel questioningly as he blew his smoke tord the roof of the car, and than pointed at her with the two fingers that held his cigarette making circles with it as he spoke.

"So let me get this straight." He took another hit of his cigg. Than resumed his jester. "You were in the syndicate the whole time I was." He took one last hit of his cigarette than put it out in the ashtray. He turned his gaze to the rood ahead. Spikes narrowed his eyebrows and begin to rub his chin in a thinking stance, than spoke what he was contemplating.

"But if I herd you correctly. He arched his eyebrow and glanced over at Isabel for a moment before turning back to the rood ahead. "And I think I had. You said you had mostly been with them. How can you mostly be with a syndicate...? Especially that one in particular."

Isabel smirked than glanced at Spike quickly.

"That ones easy. I was a spy for the Red Dragons and worked under the Komodo Klan for some time. Since the Dragons took me in at such a young age they had time to train me before I was 17 and of course that the age syndicates usually hire so the Kimonos we none the wiser that I would have been working with anyone before them."

"I see." Spike said than motioned for her to go on with her tail.

"So from the ages of 17 to 22 that's were I was. Than as you should remember the Dragons took down the Klan after reserving information from an anonymous sender, and we took 90% of them down and they have worked for us since, I was the sender."

Isabel made a sharp turn onto an old abandon looking road.

"Than after I faked my own mock death for the Klan, of course."

"Of course." Spike put in sarcastically.

"Than I was right back in the Dragons labs. That should bring you up to date."

Spike leaned back more comfortably in the car seat.

"So I know you have about 5,000 more questions. But were almost to my house, so... can you wate about 5 minutes before drilling me."

Spike glanced out the window; he was startled when he noticed were they were. He glanced around sucking in the surroundings of the wooded road. He closed his eyes and held in a deep breath to try to fill the void that clamed his stomach. When he spoke his voice was barley audiable.

"I use to know some one who lived around hear."

"Me.....too." Isabell spoke in about the same melancholy tone as Spike.

Spike didn't even hear her statement. He was to rapped up in thoughts of Julia.

The rest of the drive was silent until she pulled into her driveway.

Spike looked at the house in shock as memories of cold nights and warm arms of Julia surrounded his senses, and than the hatred that fallowed entered his heart knowing their would be no more of them. Than he looked at Isabel. To many thoughts to many memories, just too much filled his mind.

"This is a joke right." His voice cracked a little, the words weren't even able to make it past his through.

"I didn't think my house looked that bad." She said with a forced smile on her face.

"Who did you by this place off of?"

"I didn't by it." She thought. 'I guess I'll have to tell him things a little bit quicker than I wanted to. I didn't think he would remember the house.'

"It." She pointed toured the direction Spike was looking. "The house, was left to me in my sister will not to long ago."

Spike was shocked to say the least. He figured as much that she knew Julia or himself some how by the way she acted in the bar told him. But sisters he would have known, she would have told him, something didn't seem right.

"So Julia is your sister." Spike said matter-of-factly.

"Yes she, was, that's why I left so quickly." Isabel paused, Than continued. "YOUR sabots to be DEAD!" She spoke between anger and tears.

"I get that a lot, But their are many questions I have to ask you, and I'm starting now" Spike stated flatly.

"If you have been in the Red Dragons as long as me maybe even longer why have I never heard of you? I understand the years you were a spy but be for and after them. Why didn't Julia ever speak of you? She would have told me, we had no secrets." Spikes voice was getting louder and husky wale the anger built up in side. "You can't be who you say you are I would have known!" By this point Spike didn't care that she was in tears. He was yelling because he was confused, angry, and frustrated. Sitting in a car with a woman for all he knew was someone sent to win his friendship than lead him into a trap or kill him. And he was having no part of that.

"Now." He said from the depths of his thought. And leaned in closer to her. Looking at her through the slits of his eyes.

She looked back at him in the same manner. Tears still stained her face, but she gathered up her composure and spoke back to him.

"First off, If you just come inside I can explain everything. And two Julia was my sister I loved her very much,.... No matter how much of a cold-hearted bitch she could be. And three...."

As quick as Spike could he had his hand around her neck and his face so close to hers their noses were just inches away.

"You-never-speak-of her that way. You hear. You couldn't have known her she was an angel. My angel."

He pulled her closer so that their noses were barley touching. He peered into her eyes for a few seconds than pushed her away. Spike sat back in his seat and crossed his arms over his chest.

Isabel looked forward as she started to rub her neck.

"Yeah hells angel." She said sarcastically quickly glancing to the right of her to make sure Spike was not going to make another move.

He didn't, so she continued.

"Now if you just come inside like I said before, I can make everything clear." She paused turning toured spike. "That is only if you want to come in and learn the truth. I know your truth is better... sweeter. It's what kept you living at points in your life. If you come inside your sweeter truth will disappear. But you will finally know the truth and I'll be able to wake up from this nightmare by telling it to you, and maybe you will wake up from your dream."

Spike turned his head toured the passenger window and glared out for a short wale getting his breathing back in check. He didn't turn back to Isabel as he answered her. Just stared out at the house he hasn't be in, in years.

"This had better be good and I want proof of theis accusations or I will not hesitate to kill you."

Isabel looked down and shook her head. "She really did have you rapped around her wicked finger didn't she." Isabel looked at the back of Spikes head with a worried smile on her face. "Ok but after you hear what I have to say and what I have to show you, you'll probably kill me anyway, because I know that what I would do."

Spike grabbed the door handle and opened the door. "Let's get on with this." He spoke as he stood up.

*********************************************************************** *

After taking apart his riffle and placing it back in the fom that lined his briefcase. The sniper on the rooftop of Mr. Hans Dojo Cleaners Finally made it back to the new Red Dragons headquarters. The man kicked one of the front double doors open and made a fast a line to the elevators.

The new syndicate building was a 113-story scrapper built on the Upper East Side of downtown. They were a little bit more secretive of their business affairs for obvious reasons. Namely Mr. Spike Spiegel himself. They would gladly give The Red Dragons' If he was truly interested, but they all knew he wasn't, he was everything but. So they have been on the down low ever since his suicide mission.

The doors to the elevator opened and he stepped out. A woman was sitting at a large half circle desk directly in front of the elevator. She immediately stood up and walked beside the man, taking his briefcase from him and than helping him off with his trench coat.

"You have five messages Mr.Masamoto, would you like me to read them to you or leave them on your desk." She opened the set of double doors that lead to his office and stepped aside to allow him entry. She hung up his trench on a coat rack than placed his brief case next to his desk.

"Just leave them their on the desk, and could you look up a file for me."

"Of course whatever you need." She said as she headed toured the coffee and mugs to make him a cup.

"I'll be needing the file for agent number 528-19720 from the glaze division." He flopped down in his old leather chair behind his desk and let out a sigh.

"I'll get them for you now." By this time she was done fixing his cup of coffee and was placing it on his desk next to his messages.

"Also pull the file on number 596-00054"

"Oh-Yes." She paused in her stepping as she was on her way out and turned on toe to look at Mr. Masamoto. "Isn't that agent Isabel sir."

"Why yes it is." He took a sip of his coffee."

His secretary tilted her head at him as though as in thought. "Has she done anything wrong?"

He looked over the rim of his mug. "You are being a bit nosy today Mrs. Tribody.'

"I'm sorry sir I know its non if my..."

Mr. Masamoto cut her off. "She has gotten herself into a bit of a mess, and I have a feeling she is going to be a very knotty girl." He tapped the front of his mug with his pointer finger. "But....." He dragged he word out.

"I think I will se what she does first, she may just change the way our devil thinks of his hell."

His secretary razed her hand and shakily pointed her finger in the air. "I hope your right, Our devil Spegail has the right mind for this establishment it could be his kingdom if only he would take charge instead of destroying it, He could be king. But no he is living by his emotions instead of that good mind he has on his shoulders."

With that she walled out backwards and closed the double doors.

Masamoto set his coffee down and chuckled as he looked into the dark liquid that showed his reflection. "Yes he would be quite the king, if only the queen can convince him."

_______________________________________________________________________ _

Julia is full of so many secrets. Spike is so angry. Is Isabel on Spikes side or the Dragons or is she just sick of holding in all these lies her sister formed her life around.

NEXT CHAPTER: ???????

I'm still working on chapter five should be up shortly. And since I'm working on it you can inform me on what you think should happen or not happen. Review and soon more will fallow. (lol)

J.S.