Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ Tiger Striped Cat ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tiger-Striped Cat

By Aeris

----------

Disclaimer: I don't own Cowboy Bebop. I know this sucks, but hey, see if I care. My first CB fic. Lay off, flamers. And for the slow people out there: this has spoilers of Session #26. Like you haven't seen it already, right? Reviews appreciated.

----------

Have you heard of this story?

There was once a tiger-striped cat…

This cat died a million deaths, and lived a million lives, and in those lives, various people owned him. None of those people he cared for.

This cat was not afraid of death.

One life, the cat became a stray cat, which meant it was free. And it met a white female cat. They became mates, and lived together.

Time passed, the white cat passed away of old age. And the tiger-striped cat cried a million times.

Eventually, the cat died again. But this time, it didn't come back to life…

"This way!!"

Jumping forth from the shadows, Spike bandished his gun, shooting at the various assassins surrounding he and Julia. Each fell to the ground in a puddle of blood, their life ending.

Another popped out from nowhere, and Spike fell to the ground, Julia following suit. Throwing a few more shells into his shotgun, he fired at the enemy, and jumped up, running across the roof of the old building. The woman got up and runned after her partner, only to be taken off guard by a stray bullet.

Spike craned his head back, "Julia!!"

Within my thoughts… these may be all I have now. I look back towards you, my newly-recovered love, and see you fall to your death. Slowly. Slowly… almost as if the entire world paused to pay you homage. I saw a vee of doves appear from nowhere, lighting your shadow, as you fall…fall… my feet are soaring towards you, but I still watch in amazed horror, as you fall. Fall. And hit the ground with a sickening thud, as soon as I reach your side.

I scooped you into my arms, holding you. Yet, you just look up at me. With those eyes of yours.

"It's all… just a dream…"

"Yeah…a dream…"

Your eyes closed. Your body went limp in my arms… I felt you float away from me. I even looked up to the sky, hoping that maybe I'd catch a glimpse of your spirit floating to heaven.

God knows I won't be joining you there. Heaven is a place for those unlike me. I'll forever be in purgatory.

But while I am here, I will get revenge… for you, for me. Against Vicious. Maybe I'll finally awaken from this dream. Or maybe I'm alive after all. But I'll find that out for myself.

Until then… I'll be singing the folk blues for you. Perhaps you'll be singing the ballad of fallen angels.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT…