Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction ❯ What It Means To Trust You ❯ She Would Be Okay ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Okay! Here's chapter two! I'm so happy people are reading! Hopefully this chapter is better. Hehehe. Enjoy!
~KawaiiAyu

-----

What It Means To Trust You
Chapter 2: She Would Be Okay




Faye sat at the table with Jet and looked at her plate. They were having bell peppers and beef, with the beef this time. She pushed the food around the plate several times and took a bite here and there. Jet was watching her the whole time. She slowly sighed. Jet put his fork down and looked straight at her from across the table. She didn't notice this.

"Faye, what's the problem?" His voice held irritation as well as his concern for her.

"Huh?" She looked up at him.

"Why aren't you eating? You know you have to eat for the kid."

"Yeah... I know."

"Then WHY aren't you?" He asked, now more irritated.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?" He sighed as he ran his real hand across his face. "Faye, is it Spike again?"

She looked at him in anger at the mention of his name. "Spike who?"

He stood and put his hands on the table, slightly shaking it. "Faye! You know very well Spike who! What is it with you?"

"Spike's dead. In my book, that makes him non-existent. And I'd like to keep it that way, thank you." She moved to leave the room.

"Faye!" Something in his voice made her stop, but not turn around. "Just because he's been gone two months does not mean he's dead. And even if he is it doesn't mean you just forget about him! He was our friend. And I know he meant a hell of a lot more to you than you let on to everyone."

"He went off to die fighting Vicious. He's not alive. I couldn't escape Vicious wrath, why should he be any different."

"Faye..."

"He's dead, Jet. Just leave it at that." She made her way out of the room. A tear escaped and made a trail down her pale face. She unconsciously put a hand to her stomach and made her way to her room, leaving Jet behind.

"Damnit Faye..."Jet whispered as he sat down and put his head in his hands.



The next day Jet hadn't seen Faye at all. It was now noon and she hadn't come out of her room since she went off last night at dinner. He decided to bring her some lunch, since not eating dinner or breakfast couldn't have been good for the baby. He knocked lightly on her door holding the cup of ramen in his hand. "Faye?" No reply. He knocked again, and still nothing. He slowly opened the door to see her curled up in bed, facing away from him. He walked in quietly and put the ramen down on her nightstand. He then turned to walk out when he heard her small voice. "Jet?" He turned around to see her slowly turning over, squinting against the hallway light. He shut the door and went over and turned on a small lamp. He took a chair over to the side of her bed and sat down. She looked at him clutching the blanket over her body, up to her chin. He saw tear stains on her face and noticed how vulnerable she looked. Her eyes just seemed to plead with him. "Oh Faye..." He whispered. He hadn't ever really seen her like this. Sure, she's cried in front of him, but she would just stomp off to her room or something and he wouldn't think twice. Just give her her space, and she'll be fine.

He remembered the ramen and picked it up off of the nightstand and offered it to her. "I, uh... thought you would be hungry." She looked at him for a moment and then sat up, the blanket falling to her lap and revealing her pajamas: Spike's old work shirt. She took the cup and chopsticks and quietly thanked him as she at it slowly. They were silent, just sitting there. She ate half of it and set it down. "I'll eat the rest later." He nodded.

She looked down at her hands and slowly spoke up after a moment. "Um... Jet?"

"Yeah?" He looked at her.

"I'm... sorry about how I acted last night." She still didn't look up.

"It's ok Faye. I understand."

"It's just..." She stopped, not able to find the words.

"Yeah?" He put his real hand on her hands in her lap, which made her look up at him, with new tears making their way down the old paths.

"I just... miss him is all." She said looking into his eyes.

"I know, I do too."

"And it just seems easier for me to believe he's dead. Instead of holding onto some small hope and then never seeing him and having that hope crushed into a million pieces." He nodded.

"Well Faye, all I can say, is that you need to stop worrying about him. If you want to think he's dead, then just let him go. You have more important things to worry about."

She took one of her hands and put it on her stomach. "Yeah... I know." She sighed. He looked at her with worry evident on his face. He had to do something to cheer her up. He couldn't have her depressed and loosing the baby in it all.

"Hey Faye?" She looked up.

"Yeah?" She replied in a small voice.

"What do you say to going out to a nice place for dinner? Just you and me. Ed would be fine alone."

Her face lit up. She couldn't remember the last time she actually went out and had a real meal. "Really?"

He smiled at her. "Yeah. But you gotta promise me one thing."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "...what?" She asked cautiously.

He laughed inwardly at her paranoia. "You got to eat everything on your plate."

She laughed. "No problem!" He laughed with her. She would be okay.

-----

Well how was that one? I thought it'd be nice for Faye and Jet to have a nice friendship. Why not? Heh. Review please!

AIM: KawaiiAyu