Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Darkening Moon ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

So I might've over-dramatized it last chapter. I'm sure you'll forgive me.
Quick Note: My one-shot, “Gravity”, was deleted because `it wasn't property of author'. I'm just gonna point out THAT IT WAS IN FACT MINE AND WHATEVER IDIOT SAID IT WASN'T WILL FACE MY WRATH!!!!
You have been warned.
On with the story!
(the long awaited for) Chapter 5
Akira pulled away from Keiko's face. `Remain calm. He doesn't know who you are.'
Keiko was thinking the same thing. “Hokuto,” she asked startled, “What are you doing here?”
Hokuto looked surprised himself, but he quickly remained his serious air. “I was hoping we could discuss something, but I see you are busy.” His gaze rested on Akira, a menacing glare. It held a moment too long for the werewolf's comfort.
“Hokuto…” Keiko said, noticing where his glare was directed.
“We shall talk tomorrow then.”
He left.
They were safe.
If only.
 
Hokuto dialed Mutsura's number. The disgruntled warrior answered with a rough, “What?”
“We're needed. Meet near Keiko's.”
There was nothing else needed.
Of course Hokuto recognized Akira. During the WPF rampage, he'd seen the werewolf change into his human form. Did Keiko know, or was something else taking place?
They'd know soon enough.
 
“I think that's a sign I should leave,” Akira said.
Keiko actually felt sadness at the statement. Sure, she'd suffered a bit of a heartbreak over Hokuto, but never sorrow over something simply said like a goodbye.
“Are you sure you want to leave?” she asked, throwing in puppy-dog eyes for extra measure.
Akira laughed. “I don't want to, but I left Mahiru with Mitsuru, and he's probably stuffing her body into a bag as we speak.”
“Mitsuru?” she wondered aloud. “He's the angry one.” She remembered him all too well.
“Honestly, I've never seen him smile, but Mahiru's always trying to get him to be nice. He's fun enough to annoy, but she doesn't know when to stop.”
Keiko chuckled. The werewolf shot her a baffled look.
“What?”
“It's nothing,” she calmed herself. “It just sounds like she likes him.”
That made him laugh. “That's the funniest image I could think up.”
An awkward silence followed.
“A-Akira,” Keiko stammered. “About… before Hokuto interrupted…”
“Yeah?”
“Well, my family's the ones who are supposed to… you know… kill you…”
“Keiko?”
“Yes?”
She felt him press his lips oh-so lightly against hers. A flurry of butterflies arose in her stomach, and she tried to press forward, but Akira had already stepped back.
“Maybe I should stay.”
His answer was another kiss.
Mahiru had never bothered on the eating habits of her friends. It was food. They ate it. End of story. But something about Mitsuru's eating style absolutely fascinated her.
First, he approached the food with a look of curiosity masked by disgust. He took a tentative bite into it as if he had never been served the food before. If he liked it, which he had last night, he'd take a bigger bite and eat with a pleasurable persistence. If he disliked it, his bites would slow until he choked down the last piece.
“What are you staring at?” he hissed across the table.
Mahiru returned to her food. “Nothing,” she said innocently.
`Liar,' he thought but said nothing.
Needless to say, it was a long, silent morning.
The calm before the storm.
And there was more than one storm brewing.
 
He he. Nothing bad happened to Akira yet. The same most likely won't be said for the next chapter. I really need to realign the times between Mahiru and Mitsuru and Keiko and Akira.
I'm considering changing the name again. Whatever.
For upcoming Crescent Moon stories, look at my bio.
Sneak Preview of next chapter (if this ends up being wrong, don't blame me): Mitsuru says something nice, Akira gets caught, and Nozomu steps back into the picture.
Thanks for Reviewing:
Just another hopless romatic- You know how long it took someone to answer that question? Until this chapter. Thank you. I knew about Mitsuru. It's Misoka I need now. Anyway… Thanks for reviewing!!!
ne-ma-pa-sa-ra- You might not, but I most certainly would.
Couchpotatomaster- It might've been short but it wasn't rushed. At least I don't think so. My memories not the best which kinda sucks. And it's more of the plot surfaces than the plot thickens. So far it's been mindless fluff, which, though fun to write, does not completely make a story, though some might disagree.
animefreak54- A dead squirrel?! Where?!!
Outsane- Nothing bad happened to him… Yet ([insert maniacal laughter])
swtheart214- I wanna hug Mitsuru too. That's why he's tied to a chair in my attic (I don't have a basement, or that would be my first choice).
Fire Kitsune Goddess- I've been complimented!!!
Cubanitaaloloco- I wrote! I feel loved by all the compliments I'm getting.
psychedelic aya- At least someone appreciates my fluff. And Hokuto's not gonna kill Akira. Well, not yet anyway.