Crescent Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Phases ❯ Through the Looking Glass ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sorry if the last chapter was a bit short. I had half of it done, and I really wanted to post it, so I typed up the first half and added the bottom of it. Keiko's gonna be back, so don't worry `bout that, and I've got a lot planned for our favorite couple (well, my favorite couple anyway).
I hereby dedicate this chapter to Korii Shoujo. `Cause… Her story is awesomely good. Yeah, that'll do.
Yes, I'm sorry Nozomu's dead, but getting rid of him is that much easier on me. I highly doubt anyone else will die. But our favorite vamp ain't coming back to life.
So, yeah, here's the chapter.
Phases
Chapter 4: Through the Looking Glass
It was not Akira who greeted Mitsuru at Kyoto but Misoka. The fox demon had barely changed.
And he was not alone.
Mahiru looked up in surprise to see Keiko standing a few feet from Misoka. A scowl was prominent on her face.
“What's she doing here?” Mitsuru's tone was suspicious. He'd been tense since Akira had visited them; Mahiru would feel his eyes open wide despite the sleep weighing them down as she would drift off to sleep. She couldn't really blame him; their friend had been killed in one of the safest places for the Lunar race. It hardly boded well.
“Keiko will be joining us for a bit,” Misoka answered, his shielded eyes drifting towards the human, “Hokuto's death is somehow linked to the ones in the Moon Palace. She might prove useful.”
“If it were my choice, someone else would've been sent,” she kept her face tilted away from the two as she spoke, her stance almost defensive, “But they seem to think we built up a companionship with you fi- four.”
Mahiru flinched as she corrected herself.
Misoka showed no change in composure. “We'd best be going. There is a lot to discuss, and I would like to check the mirror for something.”
Mahiru remembered what Akira had told her about who they suspected was responsible for the deaths.
“We don't think it was anyone from the Lunar race. Each species has a definite mark as to how they kill, and there has been no battle between any of them. Plus, we're checked every record we have, there's no sign of that symbol.”
“What if they were after Lord Shirogane?”
“Unlikely. The deaths were nowhere near the emperor's bedroom, and I doubt someone out to kill the emperor would leave such an obvious clue. It would've been inconspicuous. Misoka thinks it's humans out after us again, but that makes no sense. How could humans get through the entrance?”
Mahiru remembered how Mitsuru was almost shaking. She glanced at him now. His face was stoic, emotionless except for a glimmer of something unreadable in his eyes. She squeezed his hand softly, and he looked down at her. Something flashed across his features, but it was too quick for her to comprehend it. She smiled encouragingly, and he seemed to relax a tiny bit.
Misoka circled the mirror for a minute then studied the walls around it. Finally satisfied, though somewhat nervous that he didn't find what he was looking for, he motioned for Mahiru to take the first step in.
She caught a glimpse of Keiko's surprised expression before submerging completely. Mitsuru followed, then Keiko (who seemed terrified) and finally Misoka.
When Mahiru opened her eyes, she was in the Moon Palace.
W00T! Another chapter done.
I love sticking in bits of fluff. Makes my job that much more pleasant.
Yeah, so that was short too. I'm not a miracle worker here. If you want an update within a certain amount of time, you half to expect somewhat short chapters.
We all remember the mirror from the fifth manga (at least, I hope we do). Keiko's back to the pessimistic girl she was in the beginning. Maybe she was never really happy. I dunno. She's just gonna be a bit of a prick for a bit.
So, yeah, that's… the end of the fourth chapter… or something…
Alright, just review the damn thing, would ya?
And here I rant:
Chrysanthemum3- Finally! Someone agrees with me. I should get more reviews, don't you think? Ah, well. Praise is only good for when someone puts you down. And if that happens to me, I'll shove them in front of a train. Er… I mean… What?
Korii Shoujo- … Lucky!! I want to be able to mosh for three days!! Hate you right now. No, I'm kidding!! It'll get more interesting in time. I've got a big problem planned for Mahiru, and it will lead to her ultimate demise!! I mean… Go away!!
naishu- I think I mentioned I wasn't going to above. Sorry. If it'll make you feel better… Okay, I got nutin.
jesusgirl883- I think Mitsuru's my favorite. Nozomu's just fun to torture `cause I always torture vampires, `cause they're normally a main character when writing an original. Or demons. I just like the whole demon/vampire thing. I know how you feel. I stayed at my grandparents' for a day, and I had forty emails waiting for me at home.
chocomintswirl- Aw, but it's fun to rant. I love chocolate chip pancakes. I could not help but add that. Plus, it gave me room to do a scene break. She might get better. If she does it will be short-lived. Don't worry, everything will end happily ever after and all that crap. I think.
LilyoftheFlames- ^__^ I update, you review, I update, and someone gets hurt. Ah, the circle of fanfiction.
Outsane- This is probably really late, but good luck. And if that doesn't work, you can put your new luck and bury it and watch it multiply. I do that with cookies. And we can all whine. “Why should I suffer in silence when I can moan, whimper, and complain?”
Fallen Angel Mitsu- I like torturing people. `Specially when I'm in a bad mood. It helps my mood pretty quick.