Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Nine:

"Is there anything wrong with the ship? I am sure that the landing couldn't have been that bad when we came here," Obi-Wan said, his arms crossed over his chest as he looked over the shoulder of Dr. Briefs. The doc was standing in front of him, scratching his head as he looked the ship, which sat in the same position it had when Obi-Wan and the others had landed, over several times with a mild expression on his face. The Jedi had watched him work on, around, and inside the ship for what seemed like only a few minutes to him but could very well have been several hours at the most.

There had been some tinkering going on in the cockpit, but that was probably due to the small crack that had formed in one of the windows. Dr. Briefs had said that re-entering space might have a dire effect on a already cracked window, no matter how small it could be. With some more fixing broken knobs and making sure that nothing else was amiss, Dr. Briefs had come back out of the ship and was now making sure that he had not missed anything from outside the ship.

"Well, I don't know for sure. This technology is far more different then what I have seen, alien or not. From what I have seen and fixed, the circuits look similar to that of any ship that I have either built or fixed. However, I don't think the landing could have done anything major to the ship other then several dents and a few things that needed to be fixed up," He answered finally, tilting his head to look under the ship the best he could. "At least, not from the angle that you had landed at, the speed at which you were going, and how well it was piloted. More likely then not, your landing did more damage to the ground under it then to the ship itself."

"So, do you think I should see if the engines are okay?" Obi-Wan asked dully.

"Go ahead. I don't know what will happen to the area's that I have fixed up, though. It is your ship."

"I will," Obi-Wan mused, walking to the ship's ramp. That had been closed before they had even left it in the middle of nowhere, but it had been re-opened so that they could walk in and out as they pleased. He walked up the ship's ramp, his arms still crossed over his chest.

"Why is he acting so strangely? It would seem like this would be the type of mood Vegeta would always be in," Dr. Briefs said as Obi-Wan disappeared into the ship, now seemingly talking to himself. However, Ki-Adi had moved silently next to the doctor, having walked from Capsule Corp to see how well things were going.

"About three years ago, he lost his Master, Qui-Gon Jinn. See, Jedi can train younger ones who are strong with the Force, therefore taking on a Padawan Learner, just like Anakin is to Obi-Wan," Ki-Adi said, a expressionless look on his face. "Qui-Gon was killed by the former apprentice of the same Sith that has taken the ones from your universe. Obi-Wan was close to Qui-Gon, who was like the father he never had. Or rather, never knew."

"I see."

"Yet, I don't think that is the only reason why he has been in a foul mood recently," As the Jedi spoke those words, the ship started up with a low rumbling that shook some of the rooks beneath it. It breathed into life, the rumble going into a soft hum. Ki-Adi smiled, a small hint of happiness going through his eyes before it disappeared.

"Well, I suppose it didn't need any more fixing," Dr. Briefs stated, sighing. Ki-Adi nodded, turning around to face towards where Capsule Corp. lay.

"I better go get all those who are going with us. It is going to be a long journey," He muttered under his breath, Dr. Briefs nodding. The Jedi left the doctor to wait for Obi-Wan, not knowing just how long this journey might be.

****

The Tatooine heat was much more hotter then she remembered last, but Amidala swore it had been at least thirty degree's cooler when she had first landed on the desert planet. She supposed it had to do with the fact that she hadn't been going all over a single township, looking for two Jedi that she needed to get information from. Since she had gotten some new information from her new friend, she was now looking for three Jedi, possibly five if there were two disguised one's lurking about.

"Do you know where exactly they are?" Amidala asked as she walked beside the creature, looking up at him. She had to move her neck at an odd angle to do so, since he was several feet taller then her. He did not answer the question as he stared straight ahead, not even blinking his eyes in the twin sun's light. The queen grumbled something under her breath so that he wouldn't hear her, also turning her gaze forwards. "By the way, who are you?"

"Why do you want to know?" The creature asked in a bored voice, saying his first words in what seemed like more then an hour.

"I like knowing who people are, that is all. Besides, I don't want to have to refer to you as 'It', now do I?"

"My name is Cold," He replied, an icy look appearing on his face. He glanced down at her, an unmistakable attempt to hide a smirk not going unnoticed by his smaller companion. "Now that you know who I am, may I ask who you are?"

Amidala bit her lower lip in response to that question. She didn't know whether or not to use her handmaiden name or her real one. She was compelled to used the one she had been born with, since she knew that Cold had told her his. Hell, he could be telling a lie for all she knew. The people that lived in or around the Outer Rim and it's territories couldn't be trusted faster then they could accept Republic credits; not even a young, naive girl could be trusted as quickly. I could use some truth to it. What harm could a little bit of lying with some of the truth hurt? Besides, it never has put me in any immediate danger, She thought bitterly, looking back at the other wide eyes. I rather stick to the name that Panaka and I created then having someone like him trace my name back to find out who I am.

"Padme of the Naboo," She said finally. Cold snorted, raising his eyes back up.

"Naboo? Never.....been there," He said, acting like he had just caught himself again with trying to reveal more then what he really was. Amidala eyed him, knowing that he was hiding something just like the Jedi.

"My people are the peaceful sort. We don't go to war unless we have to. Naboo is a lavish planet, full of life. It is beautiful even if one has lived on the planet his whole life," She said as they walked along one of the stalls in the street.

"Well, now that we know each other a little better, tell me. Why are you looking for these Jedi?"

"I want to know what is going on and why they won't tell me certain things. I know Jedi need to keep secrets to keep the rest of the galaxy safe, but sometimes I think it should be better for them to say what is really going on."

"Going on with what?" Cold inquired, seemingly looking lost.

"That is the problem that I face. I don't know what is going on. They are hiding something, and I plan to find out what it is even if it takes me the rest of my life to do," Amidala answered, looking thoughtful/ Cold bit his lower lip to keep himself from saying anything more, knowing full well that he had been close twice already to say that he was not of this universe. As the two walked in silence, a plan started to form in his mind.

****

Vegeta leaned up against a tree that stood outside one of the Capsule Corp. buildings, his arms crossed over his chest. His coal black eyes were closed, a angered expression on his face as he kept his head bowed slightly. He had arrived back at the labs only five minutes before after spending enough time away from all of this to figure out things, mostly how he---himself---was going to defeat Frieza.

He hated the fact that he probably had to wait a while more to actually destroy the only thing he hated more then Goku always being the one to come out on top. Vegeta had spent endless nights, tossing and turning over the fact that he hadn't been the one who killed Frieza himself. He spent hour after endless hour, day after tiresome day, training in the gravity chamber which Bulma had built for his needs. Even that, pushing himself to the limit, was not enough. There had to be more that he could do.

The Saiyan opened his eyes slowly, hearing voices coming from behind him as they came from one of the buildings. He moved his eyes over to the right, the sound of two sets of feet coming towards him. He narrowed his eyes, his lips turning into a deep frown.

"How do we know if we can even beat Frieza this time? What if Goku and Vegeta aren't enough? I don't know how keen Chi-Chi would be to let Gohan go back into space again, and I am sure Piccolo might be too busy training Dende to come with us," Krillin's voice said as it came nearer to him.

"I know we can, Krillin. If Goku and Trunks can do it, then there is a great possibility that we can beat him a third time. There is no doubt about it," Tien's voice replied. The two humans walked past the Saiyan without word, not even noticing that he was standing there.

"What about the others? We don't even know who this guy got from the past other then from Frieza, his father, and Ginyu. He could have even gotten Cell in his perfect stage."

"They should be easy to defeat so long as that thing doesn't bring back Cell. You know that couldn't beat him much less any one of us....except for Gohan, that is."

"Idiot's," Vegeta grumbled under his breath softly but loud enough for the other two to hear. Both stopped in mid stride, turning around to face the one that had spoken, surprised looks on their faces. "You realize that once we get through the portal, we won't be able to use our powers straight away?"

"Yes, we do, Vegeta, but that won't be for a couple of days," Krillin pointed out, taking in a gulp of air. Vegeta rolled his eyes in response, pushing himself from the tree.

"Why do you care? You said it yourself that what happens over there is none of your business," Tien said to the Saiyan in half anger, half fear.

"I don't give a damn about that universe. I just want to kill Frieza and leave. That is my business," Vegeta snapped, walking away from them with his arms still crossed over his chest. At that point, he felt the part of him that wanted to watch the blood ooze from Frieza's lips start to dwindle. Now, the urge to prove that he was the strongest being in both universes was beginning to well up inside of him.

And he would die trying to do either objective.

****

If there was one thing in all of the Earth that was the hardest to do, it was trying to convince your wife that everything would be fine when you went on a small, probably couple week trip with some friends in which nothing major would happen. That was fine, until she strangled the truth out of her husband, which included going through a probably very unstable portal for a third time in a row, fighting creatures that were supposed to be dead from years ago, teaming up with three strangers from that universe in which he knew nothing about, and trying to save two universes at once without dieing again.

Chi-Chi knew better then anything that any small, possible two-week trip for Goku to spend time with his friends meant that he was getting himself into another battle over something that he was probably going to get killed over. Again. It wasn't like he was going to stay in this universe; oh no, he had to go and get involved with another universe's problems.

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO GO BACK THROUGH THAT PORTAL AND GET YOURSELF KILLED OVER SOMETHING STUPID AGAIN!" Chi-Chi screamed, standing in front of her husband, brandishing a very large and very heavy frying pan. Goku was cowering in the corner, already having being hit by that very same frying pan. How and where Chi-Chi kept all of her ammo, no one knew for sure. Oolong had a theory that she owned several bottomless pockets in which she could pull these sort of things out of. Whatever anyone thought, it seemed like she could pull anything out from anywhere without even having to think about it.

"Chi-Chi, I have to go. It is for the best. Besides, I already promised everyone," Goku whined, looking like he did when he had just had his hand's smacked from dinner preparations.

"NO!" His wife screeched out, waving the mega-sized frying pan wildly in the air. "What if you don't come back again for another several years? Gohan won't have a father, and I'll be husbandless once again."

"Now, Chi-Chi. I will be back soon. That I can promise you. Have I ever made a promise that I couldn't keep?" He gave her his best innocent look that he usually used on her when he tried to weasel out of something like this.

"No, but still..." She said softly, lowering the frying pan.

"Just keep an eye on Gohan for me, okay? This is one battle I don't want him to get involved in. Just yet, anyways."

Before he could be hit with the blunt object again or his words could sink in, Goku bolted out the door with a loud good-bye to her. She glared after him through the open doorway, crossing her arms over her chest as her eyes narrowed at this sight.

"Grrrr," She growled out as the figure of her husband rose into the air and towards the horizon. She sighed, shaking her head as she walked to the door and closed it. Yet another battle he was off to, possibly about to be killed yet again.

To Be Continued