Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 13 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Thirteen:

Everyone had gathered inside of the kitchen area of the ship, some muttering to themselves while the rest remained quiet. The ship had been placed under auto-pilot for the time being since they wouldn't reach the outskirts of Courscant for another several hours. This meant that any gatherings of everyone on board that was outside the cockpit would have to take place now or one of the Jedi would have to take them out of hyper-space and stall the ship until everything had been said. No one liked having to waste more time just to talk, so they would have to get some information now before they came in front of the Jedi Council.

"Okay, so he was firing at the portal and not us. I don't understand the logic behind that," Obi-Wan said, placing both of his hands upon the table as he stood in front of it. He, Ki-Adi, Goku, Tien, Krillin, Yamcha, and Goku were around the small table that sat at one of the corners of the ship. Some were sitting down on the padded seat that formed a semi-circle around the table while the rest stood. The only one who distanced himself from the others was Vegeta, who was standing near the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face.

"I believe that is how whoever this person is has been able to get Frieza from our universe without having to go into hell to get him," Tien said with a small shrug. "It is a possibility that the portal can alter time if something was strong enough to hit it."

"That is a possibility, although we should have learned that we can't mess with time," Yamcha pointed out with a nod. "We know what happens if we do."

"But it wasn't us that was messing with any time-line or portals," Goku said. "I don't understand how the portal works or how anyone could just alter time by firing at something."

"We don't know exactly how it works either. We don't even know how the portal could have appeared like it had," Ki-Aid added in. "There had been no indication that anything was being created there until about a few weeks ago when a huge mass started to swirl at that point. The Council had sent several of the best Jedi to get information on this portal, but none have returned."

"Let's just hope that Cell isn't the next one to come through it," Krillin muttered with a sigh. "You don't know how strong he is in his perfect stage."

"How bad could he be? The one you call Frieza doesn't look like he can do much," Obi-Wan said with a light shrug.

"You'll be surprised at what some can do no matter what they look like," Vegeta grumbled under his breath, one of his eyes twitching. Obi-Wan turned his head towards the Saiyan, an eyebrow raised.

"Entertain me then, Vegeta."

"Like you have probably been told before, Frieza is stronger then he looks. Much stronger. Even if he stays in his current form, he could probably destroy that planet he is on and everyone within several miles of it without even breaking a sweat," Vegeta shot back. "I hate to admit it, but Cell is even stronger then he is, so I will let your imagine assume things about him."

"Maybe in your world they are strong, but we are here in mine. It is a whole hell of a lot different then yours.

"Listen, you stupid human. I have seen more of what Frieza has done then anyone else in this room," Vegeta said, nodding to Krillin and Goku. "We know. We saw it."

"If Gohan hadn't stopped Cell that day, then we can only imagine what he could have done," Goku said in a soft voice.

"Right now, the Sith, Frieza, and whoever else is with them are not our concern right now. In several hours we will reach Courscant where we will talk to the Council about this," Ki-Adi broke in. "After that, we can concern ourselves with whatever, or whoever, is with them."

"What about Cell? I know you guys don't know his power, but we should still be ready," Tine spoke up, looking around nervously.

"Cell, or whoever that Sith went after just now, is not important right now. We have to get our orders from the Council before we can do anything else," Ki-Adi said, standing up. Whoever, or whatever, the dark one brought here, we will encounter soon enough. If you would excuse me, we need to go back to the cockpit."

He nodded towards Obi-Wan as the two Jedi turned towards the doorway that lead out into the ship. Vegeta shifted his body over some so that they could move out of the kitchen. As soon as the two retreated into the hallway, the Saiyan looked and followed suit, muttering things under his breath. The three of them left in silence, which all also remained in.

****

This was one of those times in which things seemed to either be looking up or looking down. Siddious did not know which way this situation was going to go as he pulled his lightsabre back towards his body and retracted the red beam. At first, he had felt good about killing something, but then the words he had heard only a little while before came back to him like a whip.

"What are you?" Siddious growled under his breath, clipping the metal, now unused hilt of his lightsabre back onto his belt.

"I told you that I am immortal," The creature said from in front of the Sith. There was a small h ole in the middle of his upper torso where the heat of the blade had gone into. Even as he spoke those words, the wound was beginning to close up with ease. He was staring straight at the other as he bared his teeth at him, his eyes flaring. "You could do everything in the known universe to kill me, but it won't work."

"I find that hard to believe even if it is true."

"There are things about me that you do not know and do not wish to believe."

"Apparently. However, like the others, you serve a purpose to me. I was going to go back for another, but if all works out, I won't have to."

"What others?" The creature inquired.

"Evil beings, like yourself, and are powerful. Yet, there is another I should go after," Siddious said thoughtfully as he turned around and walked to the controls.

"What is my purpose of being here?" The small one asked as he took his hood off, revealing his pointed ears. "I have other things that are more important then staying in here."

"Ah, yes. Your purpose for being here," He said, turning around to looking at his new friend. "As you can plainly see that you are no longer in your realm but in mine. There are these Jedi that I need to get rid of along with a bunch of others. Your skills are much needed and you will be rewarded if you help."

"Like whom?"

"From what Frieza has told me, I have found the two names of the two Saiyans that I have had the pleasure of meeting, but only briefly," Siddious told him as he sat down in the pilots chair. The other went closer to the Sith, his eyes narrowing as he wanted to know more. "The names are Vegeta and Goku. Both are....."

"GOKU!?!?" The creature screeched out, his eyes widening and flaring red.

"I see you know this......'Goku'."

"Know him? He put me in the Dead Zone, but luckily I had been able to escape that prison. I want revenge on him and nearly had my chance to get his son when you pulled me out of my world."

"Listen, my friend. You will have your chance to do this. Goku is in my universe somewhere. You may have your revenge as soon as I get this other being from yours."

"There is no need to do that," The small creature said plainly. The Sith looked down at him from underneath his hood.

"Why is that?"

"I am enough. They can't put me in the Dead Zone again from where I am now," He insisted, waving one of his small hands. Siddious growled something under his breath as he turned back around to look out of the window of the cockpit. I do not trust this creature. I didn't even trust my own apprentice when he had been alive. Even so, I still need more from this other universe then I do now, He thought as he looked out into the darkness of space as the portal loomed in front of them. Tatooine sat not far from it, the tan wasteland of a planet looking lost in a sea of stars and planets. It would take several more days for the universe to rest. I can not wait any longer to get back onto track. I am going to have to deal with what I have now. By the time everything is ready, this creature will have his powers.

****

Siddious still had not returned from the depths of space, which made Frieza start to fume even more. He had started to pace in the area where the ship had once been, his tail thrashing wildly as he muttered something under his breath. Ginyu had walked off, mumbling under his breath about getting a drink from one of the cantinas. Cold were looking bored while Amidala looked from one person to another, her patience wearing thin from waiting even longer.

"Where is your friend?" She spat, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Stupid Sith or whatever he is. Just goes off," Frieza muttered under his breath, a little too loudly at that. It caught the young queen's attention, her eyes narrowing.

"Sith? What Sith?" She asked bitterly.

"Have you heard of this person?" Frieza asked, a wicked smile on his purple lips as he turned towards her.

"Heard of him? I assume, from what little the Jedi have told me, he was helping the Trade Federation to take over my home planet. How could you be on the side with someone so evil?"

"We are evil. Anyone who has done anything wrong is evil," Cold said, his hand clasped behind his back. Amidala stared up at him, her eyes narrowing. "That is the way we have always been."

"After that little incident back there, I would have assumed you would have some kind of emotions. I was wrong. Or did you kill her yourself?" She accused him. The Icejin snarled at her, Frieza looking from his father to Amidala and then back again. "I wouldn't be surprised if you had."

"Shut up!" He hissed out, a low growl forming at the base of his throat as his hands came to his side and were now clenched in fists. Amidala smirked at him, placing her hands upon her hips.

"Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if you did. After all, evil do kill their own family to get what they want."

"Why would I kill someone I love?"

"Evil can not feel love. It can not feel any other emotion other then hatred."

"How would you know?" Frieza snapped, a wall of fire seemingly dancing around him. Amidala did not look over at him as she continued to stare at Cold, who stared right back at her. A wind moved around them, kicking up the sand that had drifted towards them from other parts of the planet. Those who were walking by them did not notice what was going in, attempting to ignore a dispute that should not involve them. In fact, they did not even care who had killed who unless it did somehow involve them. It was a part of Tatooine pleasantry not to butt into other people's business unless they really had to. It could result in someone being killed or something remotely close to it.

"I know because evil has no other objective then to make other people's lives miserable. They do not care what goes on as long as they get what they want," She replied finally after a few moments of silence.

"I loved her, and I still do. If I did, why would I kill her?" He snapped, raising himself from the ground. He did not wait for Amidala's answer before he flew off into the distance and away from all of this. The queen did not say anything as she watched him go, unaware that the other was now behind her.

"You wrench," Frieza whispered into her ear, his not breath moving along her neck. Amidala felt his tail wrap around her waist and bring her closer to her body. She tried to pry him off with her hands but found he was stronger then he looked."

"What did I do?" She demanded, glaring at him from over her shoulder. She hit his tail several times but he did not budge.

"That is one thing you do not talk about with my father."

"Why would you care? You are just like him," Amidala said before she leaned far enough over to bite Frieza on his tail. The Icejin let out a howl of pain and pulled his tail off of her, letting the girl go. He then brought his tail close to his eyes to inspect the damage she had done to it. By then, Amidala had enough time to find a escapable route and to use it quickly. Before Frieza could do anything, she had taken one last look at him and disappeared into the crowd.

****

Vegeta paced from one end of the cockpit to the other, his arms crossed over his chest with the same scowl he had on his face from earlier. Obi-Wan sat in the co-pilot's chair while Ki-Adi sat in the other, both busy with the controls. Ki-Adi ignored the Saiyan as monitored the controls and glanced up at the window every now and then to make sure that they did not run into a star or another planet. Obi-Wan, on the other hand, had more trouble tending to his own duties due to the face that he was continuously glancing over at the Saiyan.

"Can't you find somewhere else to do that?" Obi-Wan asked, giving him a hard look.

"I want to know when we reach this planet of yours. I am getting tired of waiting," Vegeta snapped, not even once stopping his pacing.

"We will tell you, Vegeta. Don't worry about that," Ki-Adi said without his own break in his own work.

"I have to worry about it, damn it. I have other interests to tend to at this moment."

"Does it look like I care?" Obi-Wan said, looking down at the controls to keep himself from unclipping his lightsabre and using it in a way that he would regret later. Vegeta stopped pacing and glared at the Jedi.

"You don't have to care. I just want to get this all done and over with as soon as possible."

"It will take a while for things to get done before we can do anything about it. You need to be patient and wait things out."

"Give me one good reason why I should."

"I will give you several," Ki-Adi put in, turning around in the pilot's chair. He calmly looked into Vegeta's pissed off eyes and spoke with ease. "One, we Jedi like to take things slowly. We know that if anything is rushed into, things won't get done. It only will make matters worse if we hurry things along. Second, it will most likely take several days for your powers to get themselves together. Even though your life energy is just like the Force, both are on different scales. One must get to the other's before either one can work. Third, we, as in everyone in this universe, do not know what Frieza, Cell, or whoever else there may be, can do. We need to see what they do first before we can act even though you know what they are going to do. We don't."

"Don't you understand?" Vegeta hissed out, looking like he was about to tear the ship into pieces.

"Understand what?"

"If we wait, there is no telling what Frieza might do. There is only a little bit of time left before he decides he has had enough and takes over your universe himself."

"Don't you think we don't know that?" Obi-Wan hissed out, standing up slowly.

"Obi-Wan," Ki-Adi warned, giving his friend a look. The other Jedi waved him off, ignoring the warning he was given.

"No, he has a right to know."

"Know what?" The Saiyan asked broadly.

"My master was killed by that Sith's apprentice three years ago. No matter how much training I have had on how to let things go, I want the Sith's blood for Qui-Gon's. I know this is probably one of the best times to go after him since he is so close to us, but do you see me jumping after him? No. Even though I want to protect other Padawan's from losing their Masters in battles, there is no way I can guarantee that anyone can be safe," Obi-Wan said, turning his head away. Vegeta stared at him, trying to understand what the other was saying. "No matter where there is light, darkness is always there to throw it off course. It just takes time."

"Too bad," The Saiyan said dryly. The Jedi glared at him, pushing down the sadness that was beginning to well back up inside of him.

"You probably never lost someone or had a person die right in front of you. If you did, you probably would just stand there and let them die from their wounds. I don't think you have any compassion within you at all. Even if you did, I pity that emotion for it never has a chance to show itself."

"Look, I almost lost my future son several years ago to Cell. It could have resulted in his death and others if it wasn't for that damned half-breed child." Vegeta turned his back on the two Jedi, his coal black eyes staring forwards. He did not want them to see the tears that were beginning to form at the base of his eyes. "It was then that I realized that I could have lost something that was worth more to me then all the battles that I fought. For once in my life, I felt the anger towards something that was taking an innocent life away from me. Normally I would not have felt anything if it were someone else's child, but it was mine that....that....creature had harmed."

He uncrossed his arms, clenching his fists together in anger, a single tear running down his right cheek. He had held back everything since the times of Cell, but at that moment, the Saiyan felt that he could not longer hold it back within his heart. Everything that had happened started to run through his mind like a picture without sound. Vegeta closed his eyes tightly, watching everything go by quickly. Then he felt a hand being placed onto his shoulder. He opened his eyes and turned his head to the side. Obi-Wan was standing there, a look in his eyes that meant he understood. They stared at each other for one moment, no one doing anything.

"I know what it is like. I lost Qui-Gon many years ago. That was the worst feeling in the universe. As Jedi, we are not allowed to show many emotions, yet we get away with it more then the Council knows we do. Every now and then, it is okay to show what you are feeling inside," Obi-Wan said as calm as he could, releasing the Saiyan's shoulder as he moved back towards the co-pilot's chair. He did not notice the expression on Vegeta's face as he sat down, the work that needed to be done consuming him once again.

To Be Continued