Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 18 ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Eighteen

"I don't trust them," Krillin muttered more to himself then anyone else in the room, his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes set towards the ground. Everyone had stayed where they had been after Obi-Wan had left a half hour before, no one else saying a word to each other until now. Anakin had slinked out ten minutes earlier, having to assist with the soon-to-be landing onto the planet of Coruscant. A few thought, unspokenly to each other, that it was something else that was not a part of this mission. No one dared to say anything about it nor did they want to have the young boy go to the older Jedi about anything that was going to be said. In fact, it was a joy to have him leave so that they could talk about things that only concerned themselves.

"Neither do I, Krillin, but we have to," Yamcha said with a yawn. "They are the ones who are taking us to this new planet. If we showed our mistrust in them, they would have stopped at any lone planet and left us there."

"Like we don't have a choice in trusting them," Krillin responded. "I am sure that we did when we first started out. We don't know half of what they know and they won't even tell us."

"They probably know even less then we do," Tien put in. "They don't know what a Super Saiyan is or what Frieza and the others can do, but they know more about this universe then we do."

"Well, I don't want to find out what else is lurking outside this ship," Krillin grumbled, standing up from his seat as he placed his hands upon the table top. "For all we know we could be in a trap. How do we know we haven't been circling around the portal for the last several hours?"

"I don't think that they would keep us in here for that long. Even if we were going in circles you would think we would have hit something or been spotted by other ships," Yamcha said.

"I don't know. Their equipment and their universe is different then ours. Course, that doesn't mean anything."

"We can trust them," Goku said suddenly. He had still chosen to keep himself half way in the shadows of the room, his arms crossover his chest and his back on the metal wall. He had watched his friends wander around the room and bicker with each other, all the while staring at things that they probably would never see again for the rest of their lives. "They don't seem like the type to do something."

"You always believe that there is something good inside of everyone," Krillin told him. "What makes you believe them?"

"What made you guys trust Trunks the first time you met him?"

"Well, um," Krillin started, sitting back down. He couldn't answer that question since he didn't know what the answer actually was.

"We have to trust them," Goku finished, not waiting for his friend to answer him. "Right now, they are our own link to getting answers and getting home."

"Besides, we don't know how much stronger Frieza is now," Yamcha said thoughtfully. "It's been about five or six years since you fought him, Goku. In that time frame he could have gotten stronger."

"He could have. For all we know he have done a lot of training."

"Idiot," A familiar voice hissed from the doorway. All eyes turned to it as they saw the shadowy form of Vegeta standing near it, his arms also crossed over his chest and a half knowing, half sneer on his face. "You don't pay any attention to things, do you?"

"What do you mean, Vegeta?" Krillin asked.

"If you had you would have noticed Frieza's form," The Saiyan said, speaking directly to Goku and ignoring everyone else.

"What about it? I noticed nothing different about it," Goku answered, confused.

"Idiot. When Frieza came to Earth he was half cyborg, which all of us, except for you, saw. Most of his body had been destroyed when you fought him and when Namek blew up. He was also in his fourth form then and also when you were fighting him on Namek. When we encountered him on Tatooine, he was in his first form and there were no traces of metal on his body. It was like the whole battle hadn't even happened."

"So what you are saying is that the two to three year time frame from when Namek blew up and when Trunks came means nothing to us? And the time frame between that and the androids?" Tien asked, turning his attention away from one of the gadgets in the room.

"It does. We don't have a damn thing to worry about anyways. A pair of Super Saiyans should do the trick to wipe out Frieza and the rest of them," Vegeta said with a smile. "And, this time around, it is my turn to kill him."

"Sure, Vegeta. You can have him this time," Krillin said, rolling his eyes. "Frieza isn't the thing I am worried about. I know one of you guys can take him out easily. It is the other one that I am more worried about."

"I know, Krillin," Goku said in a low voice. "There is nothing we can really do about him in this universe. We can't put him in the Dead Zone again from here. We are going to have to figure out how to get around it. Find out another way to destroy him."

"But how? He is immortal and, if you haven't noticed by now, we aren't."

"Don't worry about it. When we encounter them then we will go from there. Until then, there is nothing for us to do."

"Then we are going to have to find something to do. At least, I am. I am not going to sit around and wait for this mess to fix itself," Vegeta snapped, turning around and walked the few steps towards the door. The metal opened up and the Saiyan slinked out, leaving the rest to decide on what to do next.

****

"What exactly are we going to tell the Council?" Obi-Wan asked as he sat in the co-pilot's chair. The planet of Coruscant hovered in front of them, the noticeable outline of the planet-wide city zig zaging across the planet's land. they were close enough to see it and a lot of the lights that went along some of the skyline of the large city. This planet had a man-made atmosphere that allowed the people to breath the much needed air due to the fact that there wasn't anything else to make breathable air.

The current city itself probably had been built on top of cities of the past that had been long since abandoned yet there were few who were willing to dig up what had been left behind. Those that did often did not return, probably buried underneath the rubble that crumbled from overtop of them.

"We are going to have to tell things that we know, which is little," Ki-Adi said blankly as he pushed some buttons on the control panel to get the ship ready for entering the first few thin layers of the atmosphere. "There won't be too much to tell."

"It would be hard to keep some things from coming from Anakin's mouth. I've learned that the older he has become, the harder it is to control what comes from it," The Jedi mumbled, half to himself.

"There isn't much you can do about that. I know how some of them want more actions then answers." The other Jedi turned his domed head to his companion. "I know that the Council will want to talk to our new friends personally."

"From what little time they have been here, I see Vegeta won't be as nice as the others have been," Obi-Wan sighed. "I wouldn't be surprised if Vegeta does something."

"Don't forget that they might not have these assumed powers back yet. But, then again, a day in our universe could be like a month in theirs or vice versa," Ki-Adi advised, turning back towards the window. "We don't know exactly how quickly their powers will come back. The two to three day period is just an estimated guess. We have never seen someone from their universe before."

"Let's hope that they come soon, if they have any. We don't know who or what else is with the Sith right now."

"That is our second problem we will have to worry about, Obi-Wan. We first need to make sure that Vegeta doesn't do anything that would endanger anyone else."

"If the rest of them for that matter," Obi-Wan muttered, his eyes trained upon the lingering planet that sat peacefully in front of them. He hardly noticed that his Padawan had come into the room, handing a data pad to Ki-Adi. There were other things on his mind at the moment and those things were barely allowing him to concentrate on the task ahead. If I die in the next couple of days, it will probably be because of Vegeta, The Jedi thought bitterly to himself, shaking his head to clear these thoughts. Then he started to press several buttons on the controls, getting ready for the landing that hopefully would bring more good then anything else.

****

"I can't believe I am doing this," Amidala grumbled out as she was hoisted down one of the few hallways of the Sith's Ship, Cold being the one who had to carry her under one arm. Siddious had landed the ship inside the space port only moments after Ginyu, Cold, and Amidala had come back from their trip around the township of Mos Eisley. It hadn't been fun watching the looming ship landing and opening it's ramp, fear finally setting in the young queen's stomach.

Cold had a disgusted look on his face as he carried her down the corridor, not really wanting to be near her much less carry her. In front of them, Darth Siddious walked, his body shrouded in the same black robe that he always wore. He had his hands clasped in front of him, thoughts and idea's running through his head. He didn't even dare to look back at what was behind him.

"Pity that you have to," Siddious said curtly.

"There are other things I rather be doing," She said. If she had known this situation had involved a Sith before she had met Cold, then she would have never agreed to go with him in the first place.

"You know, I should kill you, but I figure you are more important to me then anything else."

"I know that I am. I figured that out even before you came. I am just the bait."

"Or the trap." Siddious stopped walking, Cold doing the same. He turned around, his eyes seemingly glowing from behind the darkness of the hood. He looked down at the girl, a scowl hidden in the darkness of his hood. "Maybe the Jedi sent you out, knowing that you would get more information then they would. Somehow, you appearing on Tatooine around the same time the Jedi and the Saiyans disappearing isn't something that looks right in my eyes. There is something that isn't making sense."

"Saiyan? What's a Saiyan?" She asked blankly. She vaguely recalled hearing something about a Saiyan earlier, but she could have been mistaken. "I don't know what you are talking about. I haven't seen any Jedi for at least four to five days and the only reason I came to Tatooine was to see the Padawan."

"That is more then enough time to come up with some sort plan with the Jedi. You, Your Highness, are just the kind of bait they want us to catch and anything that you tell me will not deter my thoughts."

"Now why would I do such a thing?" Amidala asked innocently. Siddious let out a half growl, half hiss before turning away from her. He didn't say anything to her as he slowly moved his eyes around the corridor that lead to hell knows were. "Are you going to answer me or what?"

"Shut up. I'm thinking," He snapped back at her.

"Well, hurry up. I would like to have my feet on the ground before I forget how to walk," The queen said, glaring up at Cold who, in turn, ignored the comment and the look. Siddious snickered, his eyes lighting up with an idea.

"I will play along with your little game, Your Majesty," The Sith said, turning back around to face her. "It is time to send our friends a little message."

****

It took some more time, but the ship eventually landed with ease upon the platform that hovered above the Coruscant skyline. There was another ship on the other side that was waiting for them, a transport that would lead them to another part of the planet. Two people were standing a little ways from this transport, watching the oncoming ship land with ease. They stood there for several more moments as the landing gear was placed properly and the ramp started to come down. Once it opened all the way, they walked towards the ship, ready to greet those who were coming out.

It took several moments for Ki-Adi, Anakin, and Obi-Wan to come out, a slightly grim look on the two older men's faces. Not long after they put their feet on the platform did Vegeta, Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, and Tien come out, a few paces in between each. Some were looking around, amazed at the sights of Coruscant while Vegeta looked like he was about to do something the Jedi feared he might do.

"I see that you have made some new friends along the way," Mace Windu said, stopping as his fellow Jedi did the same. He gave the two Jedi a fleeting smile before it disappeared back into a thin line. The group of hero's walked towards the now four Jedi and a Padawan, stopping in front of them with less then happy looks on their faces. Vegeta stayed towards the back of the group, his arms crossed over his chest and a scowl on his face.

"If you would want to call them that," Obi-Wan muttered, moving his eyes towards the Saiyan prince who, in turn, glared back at him.

"Interested, we are, of your journey," Yoda said, limping past the three Jedi and up to Goku, who looked down at the small Jedi with interest. He blinked his eyes at this, tilting his head to the side. "You think I have no power because I am small, do you not?"

"Uh," Goku stammered, blinking his eyes again. He didn't know what to say to this, instead he looked more innocent then he should have been. Vegeta snorted as he kept his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes looking away from everyone. Yoda moved his attention towards the other Saiyan.

"Have little patience, this one does," The Jedi commented easily. "Dark cloud hovering over him, there is."

"What damn dark cloud?" Vegeta growled, his eyes moving towards Yoda. Goku gave him a look to keep quiet but the other Saiyan regarded it as nothing more then a passing glance.

"We can continue this conversation when we reach the Temple. The transport can lead us there," Mace said, quickly giving Ki-Adi a glance. He turned around, leading them to the small transport that was resting patiently for them to return.

"Just hope that they don't get anything back today, Ki-Adi. This planet might not survive if they are great as they say," Obi-Wan whispered to Ki-Adi as they followed Mace to the transport. Ki-Adi stole a quick glance over at Vegeta, who was looking like he was ready to blast something into hell.

"No, I suppose it wouldn't be the right time to get them back. At least, until Vegeta learns how to control his temper," He replied easily. "But I don't think that would happen any time soon."

"We shall see," Obi-Wan said lightly, silently hoping that this was still a dream.

To Be Continued