Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 21 ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Angel

Disclaimer: I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the fic all of this is in. That is all.

Chapter Twenty-One

Waiting was something a Jedi had to be able to do, even in the times in which time was something that couldn't be afforded. Right now, there was just enough of it to spare a conversation between Jedi. Even so, the words seemed to be taking a long time to be spoken as Obi-Wan stared up at the ceiling of the bedroom he shared with his Padawan, his back laying perfectly still on the soft mattress of his bed. With his hands tucked behind his head, he had become lost in the thoughts that were moving around in his head.

He was trying to concentrate on just one thought at a time, but nothing else seemed to allow him to do so. Every time he found a spare second to actually think about one thing, everything crashed back into itself, causing him to be lost once again. It was now becoming an endless struggle to keep his mind as close to reality as he could as the things that had happened cornered him, refusing to let him go.

It was becoming like being stuck in a nightmare that he never knew he had been in. That is, until the events of the last few hours. Until now, he figured the Council would try to dismiss this as something not worth their attention, even at the cost of the young queen's life. However, even they couldn't be that cruel and probably would have the newcomers and the two Jedi and Padawan do what they had to do.

He closed his eyes, a sigh escaping his lips. The Jedi was ready to finish this now and didn't want to wait for the Council to decide on what to do when it was laying right in front of them. He already knew what had to be done, but the Council was only stalling this matter further. Obi-Wan was growing restless on this subject only because it was lingering in his mind even after everyone had gone their separate ways for what remained of the day and some of the night. He figured the rest was just as ready to get this over with, as he was, so that they could return to their normal lives. Or, how normal they could get.

The door to the living quarters opened with a soft sound and a pair of feet scuffled across the floor. Obi-Wan opened one eye to see Anakin walk slowly over to his own bed without a word to his resting Master. The older Jedi had to smile at the silent sight of his own Padawan as he opened his eyes fully. There were times that Anakin seemed to be as quiet as anything, often surprising the Jedi gathered around him. Perhaps there was a greater power inside of this child that even surpassed the supposed power of the Super Saiyan. Maybe.

"Are you going to come back to Tatooine with us or are you going to stay here?" Obi-Wan asked simply, causing Anakin to jump slightly at the sound of another's voice. He turned around to face the other, his eyes slightly wide.

"What for?" He asked, his eyes narrowing down slightly. Obi-Wan sat up in his bed, placing his hands upon his lap.

"We still have a mission to complete and the queen is in danger," The older Jedi said. "The Council is deciding on this matter as we speak, although I doubt it will have little effect on what we do."

"So, what are they going to do with the others if they do go? Are they going to allow them to stay here? Maybe they can be Jedi, too," Anakin said, his voice sounding hopeful but with a hint of irritation in it. Somehow, the thought of outsiders coming into the Jedi Order didn't seem like a good idea, even if it would help this galaxy.

"No, Anakin," Obi-Wan said sternly, the smile still on his lips as he moved his legs to the side of the bed. "They have to get back to their own universe. That is, after we finish the matter up on Tatooine. Then they will be able to go home."

"What about the portal?"

"What about it?"

"What if it closes and it can't open again? On both sides, I mean," The Padawan said with more irritation in his voice then before. "What will come out of it even if these strangers are defeated?"

Obi-Wan stared at Anakin, his mouth opening up just a bit. The thought of what would happen to the portal after this was over didn't cross his mind until just now. He had, like the rest of them, wondered how the portal had come to be without anything else to explain it, but what would happen to it? Could they close it once this was over with.

"Master?" Anakin asked, eyeing the other. "Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. It is just that...." Obi-Wan stopped speaking for a moment, his eyes narrowing just a bit. "Why do you ask about the portal?"

"I am just wondering what would happen to it after this is over with." He shrugged, turning back around towards his bed as he slowly crawled into it with ease. The Master watched his Padawan take off his boots as he started to settle down into the bed, his mouth going into a thin line.

"No, there has to be a reason as to why you wanted to know," Obi-Wan demanded. "There's always a reason."

"Is there? Does there have to be a reason for everything?" Anakin looked up at him with a raised eyebrow as he gently placed his boots on the ground. The Jedi looked down at the ground, for a moment, his eyes twitching just a bit. There was something about the boy's words that made him not answer the question right away, instead choosing to remain in silence as he thought. Then something moved crossed his mind that had once been lost in the jumble of thoughts.

"I think I now understand, and something I just remembered might help us in this."

****

"What is taking them so damn long to decide on something as stupid as this?" Vegeta fumed as he paced in front of the doors that lead into the Council's room, his arms crossed over his chest. He could barely hear the mumbled voices coming from the other side of the metal door as he and the other's strained to hear what was going on. "I don't have the time to wait."

"We know that, but I think they just want to make sure that this is something we shouldn't rush right into," Krillin told him, watching the Saiyan pace back and forth as he stood near the wall that faced the door. Tien and Yamcha stood on either side of him, their arms crossed and expressions of boredom on their faces. Goku sat a little ways from Yamcha, his hands in his lap as he leaned his back upon the wall, his coal black eyes looking down one direction of the corridor. He wasn't paying attention to those that were around him, seemingly staring off into space as if he were inside a daydream.

"It has only been an hour, Vegeta. Don't worry about it," Yamcha snapped, rolling his eyes. Vegeta gave a glare towards him as he turned on his hell, resuming his pacing. "Besides, they could be talking about other things besides this situation."

"They shouldn't be taking this long even if they are talking about something else. I have better things to do then wait for someone else to decide on what I can or can't do," He snapped furiously. "I had enough of that from Frieza."

"They are not telling us to do anything. We aren't Jedi, remember?" Tien sighed as he shook his head. "I don't see why we are waiting for them to decide on something like this. If this person is important to them, why are we waiting?"

"She probably is important to them in some way, but I don't know about that," Krillin replied easily. "We weren't told a lot of things and it doesn't look like we will be told anything any time soon."

"Maybe we will find out in time but before we leave this universe," Yamcha said hopefully, that fading fast. "Or maybe we won't find out anything new. Maybe we will leave, knowing less then what we knew when we first came here."

Before Vegeta could say anything to that, the metal doors of the Council room opened swiftly and the form of Mace appeared in the center of the doors. At this point, Goku slowly came out of his daydream to turn his head to everyone else, a dazed look on his face.

"The rest of the Council wants to tell you of our decision," Mace said, his eyes looking over all that was there. "Where's Obi-Wan and Anakin?"

"Don't know and don't care," Vegeta snapped, narrowing his eyes. "I want to know as to why you can't tell us here and now."

"Because I need to tell Obi-Wan," Mace said, hiding his irritation very well. "It concerns him, Anakin, and Ki-Adi more then it concerns you."

"Whatever you say. I just want to get this damned thing over with and soon," Vegeta said coldly, waving a hand as he moved past the Jedi and into the Council room without any more words to anyone else.

To Be Continued