Crossover Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Dark Angel ❯ Chapter 32 ( Chapter 32 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dark Angel
Standard Disclaimer: I do not own Star Wars or any of the Star Wars characters. I do not own Dragon Ball Z or any of the Dragon Ball Z characters. They are owned by those who own them. I do, however, own the story all of this is in. That is all.
Chapter Thirty-Two
The essence of a mind lies within the range of sanity, of which all walks of life have a different view of. What is normal for one species or person is not the same for another, what is called sane is not always the same to another being. There are limits as to what the mind can hold in it's infinite structure of memory, knowledge, and ability to understand what is going on around it as it gathers information from the senses that allow it to absorb this same information. And, yet, there comes a point in a single being's history that causes this fragile state to break, to shatter in a thousand pieces from which it can never go back to the way it once was. Whatever causes the mind to break, to falter even for a moment's time, that single cause will always remain in the stream of life and serve as a reminder of a past in which could never be regained.
And this stream had long since been twisted, turned, and molded in the depths of nothing for one being in particular as he fought hard to exact a revenge of which was years in the making. His small body rammed into the larger body of his opponent, forcing the larger body back towards the shifting deserts of the planet. Goku felt the air go from his lungs as Garlic, Jr. pushed himself away and laughed. Goku took a gulp of hot air, compressing the urge to show that he was not even the slightest bit hurt or even phased by such an attack. This wasn't a hard fight to win, considering that Garlic, Jr. was no where near the star in which he called his home and allowed him to feed off of it's energy. That was what gave Goku the upper edge in this fight, regardless of who was mortal and who was immortal.
They had gone across the outer edges of the township, moving closer and closer to the open desert then Goku would have liked to been. That didn't seem to bother Garlic, Jr. the slightest, considering he believed that he was winning this fight and was giving Goku more then his fair share of what he believed the Saiyan needed to be brought upon himself. The look of revenge danced in his eyes, right next to the look of power that held true in his shining eyes. He looked up into the smaller creatures eyes as he doubled over in fake pain, keeping his face scrunched up in mock agony. This gave Garlic, Jr. a taste of sheer bliss, a cackling laugh and an even wilder look.
That was what was scaring Goku, even more so then the fact that he couldn't kill him. Garlic, Jr. made his next move, flying closer to Goku and putting both of his hands up as he stopped right in front of the Saiyan. That was when he got more then an idea's worth of what was wrong with him, a surprise which surfaced on his face and made a good ploy as to what the other was actually doing. There was an underlying cause to what Garlic, Jr. was actually thinking that kept him from being less then cautious; that same track of thought that was affecting his ability to fight rationally and the tone of revenge that went along with it.
He didn't move for a moment, letting himself hover where he was before he did a half witted attempt to fire several blasts of energy towards Garlic, Jr. None of them were powerful enough to hit anything and he wasn't really looking at where he was firing them at; Goku didn't care, so long as his ploy of waiting until the last possible moment to finish this fight and keep it that way. If he could give him the satisfaction that he could push the Saiyan around long enough for the crack in his stability to finally go into a big enough tear, then he could at least get him to a point where there would be no more fight left in him.
He smiled like he was already the victor of the fight, gathering energy into the palms of his open hands and turned that energy into a forceful and rather powerful push, one that even out did the kind of Force pushes Jedi used. At that close range in which they were at, Goku saw the wild look in eyes and kept that surprised look on his face, even when he allowed himself to be pushed back by the very same push that Garlic, Jr. used. He could have easily blocked it instead of allowing himself to be pushed back and falter in keeping himself high above the ground, yet he chose to continue this charade until he actually did start to fall towards the ground. Goku righted himself before he got very far and decided it was time to get more serious then he was. After all, the fate of two universes was at stake.
"Is that the best you can do?" Garlic, Jr. wondered out loud, a sneer forming on his face. Goku looked up at him from where he was hovering, taking in a series of short, quick breaths. He hadn't used even one-fourth of his energy, so his best hadn't even scratched the surface just yet. He wouldn't even need that one-fourth of reserve energy, not if he could help it.
"You haven't seen my best," Goku whispered loud enough for the other to hear, taking in the last of the series of breaths. He wasn't really weak as he appeared to be from this battle, far from it; he had been in fights that lasted a lot longer then this one was and with stronger opponents as well. He was more then ready to end this fight, trouble was that he didn't know how to defeat him without wearing him down. I'll have to do the best I can, he thought, fully away that he was the only fighter around capable of handling this. He had been in worse situations before, just not with those that could not die by natural and unnatural ways.
"We'll see about that," Garlic, Jr snarled. If there was one thing that he hated more then Goku, it was the sheer defiance of someone who was on their last stand and had a cocky attitude. Unfortunately for him, both Goku and that same defiance stared up at him with a innocence that hadn't died out, even with all the battles he had seen.
The rage that had been building up inside of him had finally reached it's boiling point, as he bared his teeth and flew downward towards Goku. He didn't know how exactly he was going to kill the Saiyan, just that he was going to do it and do it now. The rage blinded him, forced his senses to halt any remaining sensibility he had left, and gave his mind the last push it needed to move into the realm of instability. As he rocketed towards Goku with what he thought was a good idea, all of Garlic, Jr's reasoning and mental ability shut down and gave into the rage he allowed to build up for so long. It was the moment of truth that Goku saw and the thing that gave him a better edge in this fight.
A second before the two were about to collide, Goku smiled and felt a surge of wind rush past him as he swiftly moved his body away and out of the second flying body's line of sight. To those that couldn't see what had actually happened, they assumed that Goku had been hit and would feel the full blown wraith of Garlic, Jr. However, it took him and any watching by foolish by-standers, if there were any, several minutes to realize that there was nothing in front of him to hit. There was no body, no Goku, no nothing but the hot, dry air that rose up from the ground. Garlic, Jr. stumbled, any coherent thought he had blocked itself from his mind when the found no traces of Goku anywhere. He turned around to find where his opponent had gone off to, two low growls forcing their way out from deep within his throat.
Instead of seeing Goku, a large blast of energy came towards him and a faint cry of "Kamehameha" was barely heard over the roar of the blast. He had little time to react to it, barley able to dodge the wave of energy that came towards him. While he managed to dodge of the impact of the attack head-on, the underlaying force of it caused him to flip several times in the air. It took the better part of two minutes for him to regain any minor stability that he had, glowering in the fact that he had been bested once again. However, his recovery time was two minutes too long, as he was about to find out.
Just as Garlic, Jr regained himself to a point where he could have fought back, a punch hit itself in the middle of his stomach. His eyes went wide and he gasped for air, as Goku slammed another fist into his stomach, this time harder and with more force behind it. This happened over and over again, punch after punch landed on his stomach and upper body without fail. Blood was coughed up, splattering onto the front of Goku's gi; he took little notice to this and the blood coming from the corner of Garlic, Jr.'s mouth as he continuously punched harder and harder. This allowed little room for error, since he didn't know what Garlic, Jr, would do considering how his mind was working at this time.
Goku wasn't at the same point as the other was, no where near it. He had little reason to allow his own anger to push himself to the brink of madness and beyond, if Garlic, Jr. was past that point. He had to wear him down to a point where he wouldn't be even the slightest threat to himself or anyone else on the planet. He was at that point already with sanity, now Goku had to worry about the immortality aspect and what he could do with the little bit of control he had left. His strength wasn't an issue that he would worry about any time soon, since the home Garlic, Jr. had was no where near them and he could do anything about it.
One last punch drew on all the strength he was willing to use, Goku bringing back his fist and hitting him on the chest, just enough to render him useless. This last punch sent him spiraling down towards the ground in a fit of pain, darkness, and unwillingness to continue on. He didn't even try to slow himself down for the descent to the sand below, crashing back-first into the grains of sand and dirt that were waiting to meet him., A plum of dust rose up from the ground where he had fallen and spread across the mud and sand houses that had watched the fight. If there were any alive beings that had seen this display of power, they were now long since gone and joined anybody that was smart enough to get out of the township long before anything had happened.
There was no movement below that he could see,Goku hovering above the area where Garlic, Jr. had fallen. Had this been a normal mortal fiend, the punches alone would have killed them instantly and the plummet down to the ground would have ensured that death had occurred. However, this wasn't any normal foe he had just put out of commission but someone who had been classified as dangerous as Frieza was. Maybe not as strong as the Icejin was, but combined with the instability that Goku had just seen and the immortality clause, he was up there.
"It is done," Goku said to himself. He would eventually get the body below and take it back to where the Jedi were, where the last part of their journey would come to a close at last.
¤ ==== ¤
In the places where the crowds had gathered to mutter about the strange appearances of lights in the skies and the battles between Jedi and Sith, there were talks of the end of the Outer Rim as they knew it. The hints of war had started when the Trade Federation had been forced back out of the Naboo system, or so the claim was by some. They were hardly even acknowledge by those who knew better and had seen much worse while living in the Outer Rim since they had been living under the Hutts for quite a number of years. It is just the Jedi trying to keep their peace, was what they said and moved on with their daily routines. Still, they looked in the direction of where the last ball of light had lit up the sky, gulping down what fears they had before they went back to the peaceful lives they had, as peaceful as they could get on Tatooine.
At the edge of one crowd that stood at the edge of the township, there was a single body that hadn't moved since it had arrived only ten minutes before. It was a short person, most likely less then five foot in height, and was human by the looks of the body underneath the cloak. A tanned hand held the cloak closed by it's chest, covering it's head so that not even it's mouth could be seen from the darkness of the shadows of the hood. The brown and gray clothing was that of a farmer, or at least appeared to be; it was not worn by the sand or the twin suns but rather looked like the stranger had worn the garments for the first time. There was a pair of black eyes that stared out into the wasteland that was the township, hardly even noticing that there were people milling about, asking questions to total strangers. It didn't care, since there were things on it's mind other then the people around it.
The stranger stared out in the direction in which it had come from, perhaps crossing paths with those that doing battle several miles away. The creature had, in fact, seen a battle between two opponents but had quite considerably had been won already without it's interference. Had this been in it's own home, far away where even the highest Gods could still see what it had done, there was nothing the creature could have done. Here though, it was out of the prying eyes of any deity that could even see what had happened to the poor, unfortunate soul that was so close to death. It had gone to an extreme to put that creature out of his misery, something that it had only regretted for a passing moment in the sands of time.
"The portal will be closed as soon as his battle is over, sir," A voice whispered into where it's ear supposedly was. The stranger cocked it's head to the side, a hidden smile coming onto it's lips as it watched the events that were taking place. "Should we...?"
"No, we've done enough for now. Time was misplaced once before because of this occurrence in universes, and I had hoped that it wouldn't have happened again," The voice underneath the hood said, as it turned to face it's companion. It had to look up at the tall being, whose features it could not make out because of the glare of the twin suns. However, it didn't need to really look at this beings face to know what it looked like. "Lets go. We'll see them again, in seven years."
The two stood there for a moment longer, before they turned towards the crowd and started to make their way towards the boundary between desert and township. They would see this group again, in seven years when everything would be as it should. As long as the past wasn't repeated again, then nothing would stand in their way of choosing how their destiny went. As long as nothing went wrong, again.
¤ ==== ¤
Where three battles had been fought, perhaps not all won with what some would call a victory, there were still two that were waging on like nothing else in the two universes mattered. They both went on as though there was nothing but themselves and their opponents, hardships in their pasts fought, won, and lost as the years passed and trials came to a close. This was the way of their lives, finding something to grasp onto then having to let it go when all else around them had turned to dust. Memories had to be forgotten, inner battles erased and new ones emerging, and their paths crossing that of others just like them. That was just the way that they were, unending forms of warrior pride.
In the grand scope of things, Vegeta found it hard to concentrate on the form that was Frieza as they two of them clashed together in a hail of ice, fire, and pure energy. The Saiyan and Icejin met at the edge of the sandy dunes of Tatooine, like they were already in their own little hell. Sand, dirt, smoke, and energy rose up from where they had come together, the screams of battle emitting from inside the swirling mass that was two of the most powerful fighters in both universes. If anyone was really watching what the two bitter enemies were doing, and had not known that the two powerhouses had collided, those watchful eyes would have assumed that there had been an attack from above the upper most atmosphere of the planet. It had happened to other planets in similar fashions and few had lived to tell the tale of what had actually happened.
Once the sand and dust had cleared, the forms of Saiyan and Icejin could be seen, hands locked together and eyes glaring down at the other with such force that the same looks the two were giving each other would have, quite literally, killed a much, much weaker being. The fireball of energy that had shot up from between the two of them had created a rather large crater in which they stood in the middle of, their own energy twisting and turning with the others. A golden aura lapped around Vegeta, smooth and unending as his own energy felt like it was as it coursed through his body; Frieza's was more of an icy, dull color and was like a rapid of water going up against the shore of a distant planet.
"Well, well. Maybe there is more in you then I thought there was," Frieza said softly, a smile forcing itself upon his lips. He was in more pain then he let on, the force of Vegeta slamming his arms into the Icejin's own had caused fractures to move along his upper arms and one of his shoulders was dislocated. Vegeta himself hadn't come off easy either, but was in a lot better conditioning then his counterpart was; he knew that he had given his muscles quite a jolt and most likely had torn something in his arms.
"I will kill you even if I have to die to do it," Vegeta whispered, the hate of the being in front of him running through him. It felt like stabs of pain that came from the torn muscles in his arms, holding on the bone by bare strings of energy that were already starting to heal his wounds. He could feel himself becoming more dizzy and less able to concentrate on his surrounds, yet something in him kept him from passing out entirely.
Frieza frowned at him deeply, attempting to raise his tail up in the same anger that had already spilled over. The muscles and bones in the tail didn't cooperate, spasms moving up and down the length of the tail that felt more dislocated then it did broken. Vegeta smiled at this, squeezing Frieza's hands within his own and forced the tips of his fingers into the very tops of the others; blood came out of the skin-deep wounds and trickled down the Icejin's wrists. Frieza gritted his teeth together from shouting out in the pain that came from his hands and tail, a grimace forming on his face. There in his eyes was a wild look, like he was on the verge of murder. The same eyes that darted back and forth just as wildly, as though he was looking for a particular thing or person that was watching them from a distance.
"There is no one to help you," Vegeta said tauntingly. "You are alone."
That was the last Frieza could take, gathering the sand beneath him into one of his feet, his toes shifting in the sand until he was satisfied enough that he could do some harm to the Saiyan. He then lifted his leg up and opened his foot, slinging the sand from his opened toes into Vegeta's face. Sand hit Vegeta's face entirely from chin to forehead, particles of the sand moving into his open eyes and irritating them to a point where he had to shut them tightly as his eyes watered to get out the sand. Letting go of Frieza's hands to rub the sand out of his eyes, he turned away from the Icejin and lowered his defense. The light that had surrounded Vegeta only seconds before vanished like it had never been there, a darkness hovering around him where there once had been a fire. Frieza's ice played on the Icejin's face, illuminating the smile that only deepened the evil that reigned on his face.
He didn't find a way to escape like the judgement of his mind wanted him to, instead he stayed where he was and moved the tip of his tail on the ground. It beat soundlessly on the sand, a small shock wave of pain moving into his lower back. He ignored it as though it was nothing, his legs bending at the knees, his body crouching into a low position, and his head bowed down so his chin rested only inches away from the top of his chest. The back of the Saiyan was turned towards him, his vital spots exposed to his enemy, and the last moments of his life being used to get sand out of his eyes. Frieza wanted to remember this as the moment he brought down one of his greatest challenges and would tell his offspring the tale of how it was taken down by simple grains of sand.
Vegeta didn't move from his position, feeling the energy rise behind him and the sound of feet running towards him. He had a forty-five and a half second window between the time the sand had gotten into his eyes and when Frieza got into position to get the sand out of his eyes. It wasn't much time to do so and not all of the sand was completely out of his eyes, yet it was enough to see properly, if he could at all. There wasn't a weakness that he had, just allowing himself to fall onto the sight that he wasdisabled for good and could be brought down by the sand that was beneath is boots. Instead of falling prey to it, he used this to his advantage.
In all haste of the charge, Frieza didn't see Vegeta lower his arms, turn around, and start to move one arm to punch him directly in the stomach. It was at the last second when he raised his head and saw Vegeta move did he step to one side, the forceful punch landing on his left side instead of his stomach. It still hit him regardless of where it had actually landed, Vegeta looking surprised that he hadn't caused a direct blow but he had half expected the blow to hit it's intentional spot. He turns around as Frieza side-steps him, grabbing the left horn of his foe and yanking hard on it. He had tried that before with little success but the last try had, in fact, given him the push he needed to get this just right.
It took whatever strength Vegeta had in his arms to pull the horn out of Frieza's skull, but with the energy he pushed into his already torn muscles he hardly felt as though it was an impossible feet. He stumbled forwards with the horn in his hands, Frieza's screams ringing in his ears from behind him. He regained his stance as Frieza's hands go up to the gaping wound on the left side of his head, blood running out in gushes from where there once had been a horn. It connected into the small rivers of blood that had come from the tops of his hands, a massive amount of blood coming from his head.
Vegeta laughed to himself, grasping the horn tightly in his hands as he took the few steps that was between the two of them, stepping over the useless tail and turned the horn around so that the point faced Frieza himself. It took only a matter of five seconds for Vegeta to stab the horn through Frieza's back and into his heart, the last attack in a battle that had waged on for countless years. There was a momentary pause in the Icejin's breath, a gasp coming from his lips as he tried to breath through the pain and the only lung that was still working. It was to no avail, his heart already perced and no longer bringing the much needed oxygen to his system.
Vegeta moved his lips to one side of Frieza's head. "I told you I'd kill you."
Frieza lets out one last gasp as the horn is pushed deeper into his chest, the tip of it pushing out onto the other side of his chest. Vegeta let go of it and stepped backwards, to burn this moment into his mind forever. Frieza moved his hands to the point that stood out at the front of his chest, his head bowing down to it as he looked at what happened to him. Death was as silent as it could ever be with Frieza, his hands and arms dropping to his side and tail going as limp as it had been. His lifeless body stood where it was for thirty seconds before the muscles in his legs gave out, bent together, and allowed the body it had supported to finally fall down to the ground. The swirling aura of ice faded when the body met the ground, the last of the Icejin's power dying like it's master had done before it.
No movement came from the body that laid there face first in the sand, Vegeta walking over to the lifelessness that had once been his most challenging opponent. Kicking the body over onto it's back, he stared down at the face that looked so calm in death when it had been twisted by the darkness that had overcome him despite the light coming from the ice that he had consumed. He sighed in relief, sitting down on the sand next to Frieza and stared at the body in front of him. A single tear rolled down his cheek, not out of sadness or anger over this death nor over the chapter that ended in his life, but for the accomplishment that he hadcompleted it. He hadn't been the first to kill Frieza and he would be damned if he was going to be last; there was no need for the Icejin to be resurrected again, not after this. This was the end, the last battle he had to face so that his past could finally be closed and forgotten.
"So I have," Vegeta whispered to himself, closing his eyes and bowing his head. His own personal war was over and the war for two universes drew to a close.
To Be Continued
Author's Note: *hangs her head in shame* I am very sorry for how the ending of this chapter turned out. To be honest, I had no clue as how to finish the Frieza--Vegeta fight and this was what came to my mind. I outlined this part several times and this is what I came out with. If anyone wants me to re-write it, I shall.