Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ A Kitsune's Tail ❯ Two Foxes ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
A Kitsune’s Tail Chapter 9 By Firedemon86  

Youko’s roar was deafening, as he copped the vines that held him his razor like claws cutting through them like tissue paper. His normally golden eyes red in anger, as he dropped down to what was left to the floor, making a quick check to assess that everyone was still alive, he took off like a bullet fired from a gun. Vines, closed doors, walls they all fell to his claws, and he was free and running.

The world blurring, somewhere he knew it meant something these blurred objects should register somewhere in his mind but they didn’t. The only things that registered in his mind was the rage, the scent he now followed, and the overwhelming need to have Kagome back safe in his arms. Never could Youko remember being consumed by rage the way he was now, it was all encompassing and it made everything in the world seem clear as if he was seeing, feeling, smelling things anew.

Even while going faster then he could rightfully ever remember, running his sharp eyes saw the trail ahead of him as if lit by neon flashing road signs. Saw all the forest as if it was mid-day not almost midnight. Even the insects that crawled around on the leaves became a part of his memory. Became a part of him and this night he raced through.

The smell and how it was changing, the happy peaceful smell dieing away shifting into fear and uncertainty, Kagome’s fear. It was a smell he would hate forever. That smell and all its changes were becoming a part of him, something that would be locked forever in his mind and memory.

The soft loose top soil that gave way far too easily under his feet and at a time like this made him think more of sand then forest floor. He jumped higher pushing through the plants with reckless abandon, jumping and running along the tree trunks and then higher into the branches. The rough bark biting into his feet, in some small back part of his mind he knew they were bleeding but it would never matter to him, but at least he didn’t feel like he was wasting energy anymore.

He’d been in such a blinding red rush he’d run out without even grabbing his shoes. Usually he’d be upset that he had allowed himself to be so unkempt and non-perfect but at this moment all those instincts and issues where pushed to the bottom and the back of his mind. Only the thought of getting Kagome back and of making the one who took her pay for their trespass.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Kagome still being carried bridal style was kicked and tossed her body around in the arms of her captor. It was definitely wrong for a girl to be kidnapped so much, you’d think at some point her karma would kick in and it’d be enough. Looking up at the face of this InuYasha copy her anger built, how dare this person use the face of someone she loved. Her hand wrap inward, her knuckles turned white with the force. Her hand dropped down in-between where his hands held her knees and upper back, and then with all the force she could muster out of her weakened body her arm and fist snapped back up. Her whole body turning inward, facing her attacker and her fist sailed through the air. A sharp creak and the scent of blood filled the air, red drops fell down on her borrow Kimono.

Kagome had done it, she’d saved herself for once and now all she had to do was wait for the Calvary to come and carry her back. The End. ….

Ok so nothing in her life ever was that simple or worked out so perfectly. And so her punch to her attacker’s nose kind of backfired on her too. That creak that echoed was the fingers in her hand breaking. But it wasn’t a total lose the blood was his, a tiny tiny nose bleed like one a child might get, she wasn’t even sure he noticed it. That is until he spoke, looking down at her from the corner of his eye the way one looked at a bug with a smirk that made her want to punch again.

“Hurt your hand? Maybe you should fight with your own species.”

That got her blood boiling.

“Put me down and I’ll go find someone.” Her words coming out through clinched teeth. She glared at her captor all the more as he laughed. Then he did something she wasn’t sure she liked, he smiled warmly down at her, as if he knew her and expected her behavior.

“If this is how you always act no wonder no one could kidnap you and keep you long.” His smile never fading while he spoke, and something in that made Kagome blink and narrow her eyes at him, studying him.

“You act like you know me. Who are you?”

She did a good job of keeping her voice steady, but she was getting more nervous, because she could tell, could feel it, they were slowing down. She had no idea if that was a good or bad thing. So could only hope to stall and pray Youko got here quick.

“Awww. Now I’m just hurt Kagome. Of course I know you….”

His sadness sounded genuine and as he spoke they came to a stop in a small clearing still holding her in a secure grip, he drew a deep breath and let his disguise fade away. Kagome’s eyes widened and her lips parted in a sudden gasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile back at Genkai’s temple, the others were still struggling to get free. The plant hadn’t made any moves to hurt them just hold them, keeping the girls and Kuwabara’s legs separated and arms pulled tight, while keeping Yusuke and Genkai’s hand bond and pointed away so their spirit attacks couldn’t harm the plant.

“Who ever the fuck that was, I’m going to kill the rat bastard!”

Yusuke screamed as yet another attempt to move was stopped by the stupid plant.

“Yusuke! What do you think this plant does, I mean is it a killer plant like the ones Youko uses?”

Keiko called up to Yusuke as the plant continued to move and wiggle around, one of the vines near the girls flowered and turned the blossom toward them.

“Ahhh! Yukina hold your breath the plant might be poisonous!”

Keiko screamed as the blossom neared them. Yukina pulled at the vines but watched as the flower moved closer and closer. Then snap, the flash of steal and the blossom fell harmlessly to the ground, another flash and the girls fell free. Instead of hitting the ground, they were caught in mid air and flashed to the ground outside the temple. The black blur moved back to cut the others free, the plant did nothing to defend itself just let the blue cut it apart. Yusuke and Genkai acrobatically landed on what remained of the ruined floor and Kuwabara fell with a bang. The black blur landed beside them, revealing Hiei, his bandana still off, showing the still black singed skin over his third eye. Hiei’s glare is even a little more hostile then usual, the whites of his eyes red and blood shot like he’s missed a few hours sleep. Glancing around glaring at the plant.

“What happened, did the Fox finally lose it.”

“ No some other idiot did this, and he took Kurama’s girl who happens to be very important. So we should probably go help them.”

Yusuke answered the question while jumping through one the wholes in the wall and heading towards Keiko. Hiei, Genkai and Kuwabara followed after him. Looking back at the temple the damage was confined to only the one room and the roof but most of the temple was fine, the plant had even stopped growing and stood still like a normal plant.

“You girls wait here, we’ll go after Youko and Kagome, we’ll bring them back and the hide of that jerk that took her.”

“What The Hell happened here?!”

Whipping around the gang saw Botan standing next to a silver haired hanyou, wearing normal street clothes if not for the sword he carried the pray breads around his neck and the dog ear on his head he’d look like any normal person. Glaring towards the new comers Hiei grabbed the hilt of his sword. Botan stepped in the middle before the boys decided to square off, putting up her hands like a traffic cop.

“Yusuke, what happened here? I leave to get Inu-yasha and come back to utter destruction.”

“Where is Kagome? And what is with the plant? Koenma said the Fox was on your side.”

Inu-yasha usual gruff attitude and tone, cutting into the group and getting most twitching.

“We thought it was you, but it was a fake. He took Kagome did all this and Youko ran off after them.”

“What! Your bunch can keep her safe for ten minutes and that Fox went after her, you got to be kidding me, that pervert Fox will never bring her back.”

“It wasn’t our fault, and after the last few days this girl has had, best of luck to you, she can be your problem.”

Yusuke stepped closer yelling right back at Inu-yasha with Botan stuck in the middle trying to keep the two from going for each other like dogs in a pit.

“What happened she was attacked, then kidnapped then attacked again then kidnapped again, yeah welcome to my life it’s a fulltime job keeping Kagome safe.”

“Look Kagome Inu-yasha found a new friend, hahah”

Whipping around everyone looked into a near by tree to see Youko with Kagome back in his arms and a slightly black and blue and swollen but smiling tan kitsune standing next to them. Kagome smiled sweetly with a sweat drop coming down and waved at Inu-yasha. Inu-yasha began to twitch.

“Shippo! You little brat, you did this!”

“Who the hell is that? Youko what the hell is going on?!”

With out blinking and without answering Yusuke or Inu-yasha Youko turned and calmly spook to Shippo.

“You were right they do sound alike, strange I never notice until now. Maybe Yusuke is Inu-yasha’s descendent not a descendent of the Mozoku.”

“WHAT THE HELL!?!”

Inu-yasha and Yusake yelled at the same time.

“Youko why are you being friendly with that guy he kidnapped Kagome didn’t he?”

 

Keiko asked looking confused on the sidelines.

 

Youko gave a small smile.

“How could I be angry with my favorite student, also this is basically Kagome’s adopted son. And he bring us information on the enemy.”

“That’s right I was hired to kidnap Kagome and I can tell you by who”

Inu-yasha still twitching and glaring at the two foxes was the first to respond.

“Hey brat how’d you get black and blue?”

Shippo’s tail stood on end like he’d been electrocuted and a cute pink blushed spread across his cheeks.

~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shippo jumped into a small clearing, still holding Kagome close and smiling down at her. Turning to face the direction Youko would come from he backed up and put Kagome down on the ground then stepped into the center of the clearing again.

“Shippo what are you doing, what’s the point.”

“After you left I went to stay with Youko, a white fox for a teacher I couldn’t do better. That it was the famous Youko Kurama, was more then a dream and it was all because you. You had a way of making everyone love you. Besides what else was there, hang with Kouga and his wolves, watch Mirkou and Sango grow old and die or be referee between Inu-yasha and Sesshoumaru.

So I became a thief with Youko as my teacher, and I was his most loyal bandit he never worried I’d betray him, he let me sleep where he slept, he showed me where he kept all his most precious treasures and all for you. It was never me, but you he was trying to please. He thought you were dead and hey there was a chance you were. But he wanted your Shippo taken care of, all so you’d be happy wherever you were.

But I studied and I practiced, until my hands and figures bleed, until I was almost caught and skinned a few times, until I was so tired I could even get to my bed. And all that I did for you too. I wanted to make sure I was as strong as possible and I kept track of the years, all so when 500 years rolled around I’d be ready to stand as one of your protectors.

Then everything fell apart when the idiots in Renkai created the barrier, to many demons having a change of heart, to many hanyou being born. They were already petrified of Inu-yasha and the fact he and Sesshoumaru were getting along didn’t help. So they made a wall and me and Youko were cut off from you and your world. It didn’t take long Youko couldn’t stand it, I never knew if it was you or just the thought of someone tell him where he could or couldn’t go. He left and - I heard - died and I was left alone again.

The thieves tried to get me to tell them were Youko’s great stash was but they forgot who my teacher was, I kill many of them, some I had even called friend. I protected Youko’s treasures and I made sure that every bandit knew without Youko I was in charge. I figured I’d just wait. Wait for you. Wait for him. Waiting.

Then the Dark tournament and people said they saw Youko felt his power, so I thought he’d come, come to get me, we’d both go to the human world and I’d find you. But he didn’t come, he forgot me so I’ll show him I’m not so easily forgotten and if he can’t take me then I’ll be your protector from now on. Just you and me Kagome.”

Shippo looked back at the end and winked at Kagome. He might have continued but clapping stopped him. And Youko still clapping jumped down in front of them. Shippo slipped into a battle pose, ready to take on Youko. Youko smiled.

“I was mad until I caught your scent, very good if Kagome hadn’t noticed the rosary, you’d have fooled me. And I did hear you, I am … I do regret not coming to get you, but I was trying to keep you safe, you’ve been my own little fox all these years.

But you are going to have to do better then illusion tricks to beat me. And I will say I am taking this personally, because of all the treasures you could have stolen you picked the one I absolutely won’t give up.”

Kagome screamed at them to stop but they just smiled and leaped at each other. Blazing foxfire lit the forest, the night sky and the ground, vines and plants spurting from nothing and clashing, all the while nothing touched Kagome as if she was in a bubble nothing even came close. A red and tan blur clashed time and again with a white blur. Clashing claws and vicious growls filled the clearing. Then in a flash of power and light the white blur stops and falls hitting the ground with forces and lying there. Shippo drops to, with a bloody nose and a black eyes he drops going down to his knees, shaken and breathing heavy and eyes Youko’s unmoving body.

“Shippo what did you do. Stop this right now.”

“Can’t … have to…. See who is … best… and I.. think…”

“First mistake, kit”

Suddenly vines shot out of the ground at Shippo’s feet throwing him into the air, meanwhile Youko was up and grabbing him mid air. Youko’s claws digging into Shippo’s left forearm and right shoulder. Slamming into the ground Shippo under Youko, Shippo’s only free hand grabbing Youko’s throat. The vines came out of the ground again this time wrapping around Shippo’s throat.

“Game over, you let your guard down.”

“Youko let him up, don’t you dare hurt him.”

Kagome’s screams don’t seem to have any effect until Youko laughs.

“Hurt him I’d never hurt my kit, but a lesson in manners might be in order, if he doesn’t let go.”

Shippo slowly let go and Youko’s vines released, Youko released his hold and lean up away from him, then smiling down punched Shippo twice in the face and head hard, groaning Shippo grabbed his head.

“Youko, you said.”

“He stole something precious to me, can’t let a boy think he can’t get away with that, even if he is my favorite.”

Standing Youko walked over to Kagome while Shippo still whined.

“Kagome relax he’d youkai he can take a lot worse then that, besides we were both holding back through the whole thing. Guess he couldn’t stand hurting me either.

A loud crack as Shippo reset his nose and looked over at Youko and Kagome.

“How’d you know I was holding back?”

“Not important… Come Shippo show your mother you’re fine… and Kagome please try to lighten up a bit it will be a real pain if you act this way when I’m teaching our own kits.”

“WHAT!?!”

“Hahahaha. What do you think Shippo?”

“A brother or sister sounds great!”

“Stop talking like that right now both of you, you’re both horrible and who did I kill to deserver two crazy foxes in my life?”

Kagome continued to rant all the while her face red as a tomato and Youko and Shippo smiled at her, Youko picked her up gently and Shippo and he started back side by side.

 

~~~~~~~ END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Well just cause I wanted to show sensei Youko how much I’ve grown that doesn’t mean it was the best idea.”

“Youko beat him up.”

Kagome smiling said very matter of fact. Inu-yasha and Yusuke started laughing, loudly making Shippo blush brighter.

“Hey idiots who is going to fix my temple?”

All eyes turned to Shippo.