Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Journey to the City of Endless Night ❯ Chapter Twelve ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twelve

Dusk settled upon the walled city before them as land and sea met and the smell of sea water reached Sesshomaru's nostrils, causing him to scrunch his nose briefly. As they passed through the gates to the city, the people of Thull Mardu kept their glances to the ground, bumbling along in their slow gait. Several women they passed in the streets were heavily pregnant as they made their way to shops. It seemed to Sesshomaru that this city was a typical human city, one he finally understood in this strange world they now found themselves in.

Inuyasha walked ahead of him, Kagome's hand interlaced with his as they lead their horses by the reins. He held the sleeve of his robe up to his nose, his new red hood hiding most of his face and his ears. Apparently the smell of this city had gotten to him, for he sneezed and the hood fluttered, falling back. Quickly, Kagome's hand broke from the grasp it had on Inuyasha's, and the hood was firmly tugged back up. Her hand, then, parried with his until she had it firmly in her grip again. Apparently the holding of hands was her plan and not his.

Glancing away from his brother, he saw the dock rise up, and ships that were moored. A shout erupted from the direction they were making and a large, red-haired man bellowed, “Ho, Belgarath!” His long beard flowed down his chest and covered every aspect of his face, all but his eyes. The man also wore furs, and from this distance, Sesshomaru could tell that he wore some type of armor, the stink of metal and human sweat invading his nose. A huge sword hung at the man's waist, longer than both his Tokijin or Tenseiga, or even Inuyasha's Tetsusaiga in its non-transformed state. The man leapt to the ground from the dock, quickly approaching the group.

“So this is who they sent to take us to Cthol Mishrak. I should have guessed.” Belgarath smiled slightly. “I knew you'd find a way to get involved in the adventure. Who else went along with this brilliant idea of yours, Barak?”

“Oh, just Mandorallen. Relg refuses to leave his wife this time. She's heavily pregnant, again.” The man rubbed his beard for a moment. “So, what's going on?”

“On the ship, Barak. No need for everyone to know our business.”

Sesshomaru looked over the group, noticing that his brother had grown defensive over Kagome. He rolled his eyes, turning his horse by the reins, leading it to face the direction of the dock. Rin rested against his leg, drowsily watching the city as they waited to continue.

The huge man enveloped Garion in a hug. “Long time no see, Garion. How's the king business?”

“Same as always. Dull.”

“Well, looks like you get to go on another adventure again.” He looked over Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. “And who are these odd looking people?”

“Again, on the ship, Barak.” Belgarath winked. “Where is that over-sized barge of yours, anyways? Does it still float or did nature finally convince you that something that big just shouldn't?”

Barak's expression became hurt. “Don't insult the Seabird that way. She's right over there and I'd like to remind you that it'll be how you're getting to that blasted continent anyways.” He turned his back, leading the party to the dock. “Alright, Hettar. Horses are your responsibility. I mean that. Last time I had horses in my ship it took a month to clean it.”

Hettar nodded. “Of course, of course.”

Sesshomaru glanced up towards the dock, finally noticing the hulking ship in front of him. It was enormous. The ship was at least four times the size of anything else in the harbor. The sails snapped in the slight wind and the masts stood tall. Boarding it made Sesshomaru slightly nervous. Surely anything that size could not possibly float. It just defied all logic. Sesshomaru handed the reins of his horse to Hettar as he boarded, Rin following behind.

Once everyone was aboard, Barak asked, “Alright, so who are our new guests?”

Belgarath cleared his throat, “The one with the red hood is Inuyasha, the one with the child is named Sesshomaru, his little girl is named Rin and the woman is named Kagome.”

“Angaraks?” He looked over the group, his eyes scanning each.

“No.”

“No? I wasn't born yesterday.” He looked them over. “They look Angarak to me.”

A man approached across the deck, clad in full armor from head to toe. The silver of it glinted the setting sun. His helmet was clutched in his gauntleted hands. He walked with confidence, albeit slowly due to the cumbersome weight of his armor. Once the man arrived to Polgara, he took her hands into his own, bowing slightly. “My dear Lady Polgara, how I have longed to see thy beautiful face and hear thy melodious voice. Thy radiance precedes thee.”

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at the archaic speech of the man. It seemed to be highly convoluted, yet it flowed and displayed that this man had manners. He watched Polgara respond, “My dear Mandorallen, thy praise is much pleasing to mine ears and I have longed to hear thy handsome voice and see thy noble visage.” She returned with a curtsy. Again his brow arched at her flowery language. Hers sounded far more stilted, as if she had spoken it far longer.

Mandorallen then grasped the hands of the Godslayer's wife in his. “My dear princess, thy beauty has only increased as time has transpired.” He bent, kissing her hand delicately, falling to one knee. “I am ever thy champion and will defend thee from all that wish harm to thy body.”

Ce'Nedra placed her hand onto his bent head. “And I accept thy honorable charge as my champion.”

Sesshomaru saw his brother pull Kagome firmly to his side, a sneer on his face for this odd man to even try any of the flowery speech on the little miko. Kagome, on the other hand, tried to push Inuyasha away, transfixed by the language of this strange man. She finally managed to get out of his grasp, looking towards the man in armor. Mandorallen saw her and curtly bowed, before speaking, “And lady, thy name unknown to me, thy beauty radiates through out the dusk of this night and shines like the very moon itself in the sky. Speak. Who is this before me?”

Inuyasha pushed Kagome behind himself, glaring at him. His hood fell down, revealing his ears pinned to his head. “I don't know who the fuck you think you are, but you're not going to do any of that strange hand kissing and flowery talk to Kagome.”

Kagome struggled behind him. “Hey! Inuyasha, don't!”

Beldin started to laugh wildly. “I have been waiting for someone to say something like that to him for years.”

Mandorallen froze, looking at Inuyasha. “And what have I done to provoke thee? Thy language is coarse and most unbecoming. Are you challenging mine honor here on this very evening?”

Inuyasha growled at him, his hand on his sword hilt. He glared into Mandorallen's face. “Maybe I am. What are you going to do about it?”

Mandorallen stood, reaching his full height. He drew his sword, the point directed at Inuyasha. “This coarse beast before me hath issued a challenge to mine honor and the honor of the ladies present upon this ship. It is my duty to defend their honor from such disrespect.”

Belgarath sighed. “Mandorallen, put the sword away. There will be no fighting on this ship.”

“That's what you think, old man.” Inuyasha growled out. “Who you calling a beast?”

Kagome clenched her fists at her sides. “Inuyasha! Sit! Sit! Sit!” She stomped away from the group, her back turned. “You are such a baka, Inuyasha! Sit!” Inuyasha slammed four times into the deck, grunting each time. This caused each of them on the ship to stare in wonder.

Inuyasha slowly pushed himself up, sitting. He glared at her back, then up at the man in front of him. His ears lifted up briefly before being pinned back down as the man said, “What is this strange man?”

Belgarath sighed. “That's what we have to talk about. You spent so much time with formality that it's taken up what we could have been really discussing.”

Beldin chortled and said, “But it was so amusing seeing dog-eared boy talk back at him. I've wanted someone to stuff a sock in that overly dramatic speech for a very long time.”

Sesshomaru sighed. His brother's behavior was ridiculous. Obviously the man's overtures were nothing but mere formality thrust upon him by some form of honor and culture. If anything, the man, while speaking in highly convoluted sentences, had manners and that was a plus. It'd at least counteract any of his brother's rash and rude behavior.

Mandorallen nodded. “I apologize, Ancient One.”

Belgarath sighed. “Mandorallen, how long have we known one another? Well, now that we are all aboard, I shall introduce you to our guests.” He brushed some dust off his tattered outfit. “First of all, the one with the child is named Sesshomaru. He's a Demon Lord and this is his half-brother Inuyasha. Yes, that means he's a half-demon.”

Barak whistled. “You've been traveling with a couple demons? Belgarath, is that wise?”

Belgarath nodded and said, “They're dog demons. And they're not the type of demons we're used to here. It's a long story. But, just so you know, they do have something to do with the Prophecy.”

Inuyasha stood, stomping in a different direction than Kagome had. He sat down, looking over the harbor they still rested in. He crossed his arms, one ear turned towards the group as he listened to what was said. Sesshomaru shook his head slightly. His little brother would never learn.

Belgarath shook his head. “Let's go below and start on our trip to the Malloreon coast, shall we? The sooner we get there the better things will be.”

Barak nodded then roared, “Silk, you thief! You're coming below so you can't rob me blind.”

Silk gasped in mock exasperation. “Would I do that to an old, old friend? You wound me!”

Once the group had gone below, Sesshomaru was left with a sleeping Rin. He glanced over at Kagome as she sat staring over the side of the ship, then to Inuyasha as he glared over his shoulder at her. “The little miko keeps teaching you the same lesson and you keep not learning it, little brother,” Sesshomaru remarked.

“Shut it, asshole. None of your business. As if you should talk. You still don't call Kagome by her name.” He glared at him before looking away again.

The ship began to move, pushing away from the harbor to slide through the river on the way to the Sea of the East. It lurched forward slightly, pushing its heavy bulk through the narrow river banks on either side. Wind caught the sails and they boomed as they filled with the air. Men shouted to one another, directing the ship into the vastness of the sea before them. Sun glinted off the water as it set, finally bringing twilight upon the Seabird as it eased onto the open water.

Sesshomaru sat down on the deck, feeling slightly light headed as they continued onto the rolling sea. The smell of sea, land, and human sweat invaded his nose and he closed his eyes attempting to control the nausea he felt as each scent overwhelmed him. Remaining in control of his reactions to this travel became a primary concern. He had traveled by boat before, in small rivers, but this sea that rolled beneath him now felt like nothing had before. A voice invaded his attempt to remain calm, asking, “Sesshomaru, you feeling alright?”

Opening one eye, he saw the little miko standing before him, her brown eyes concerned. She knelt down next to him and Sesshomaru said, “Miko, I do not need your concern. I ask you to mind your own business.”

Kagome shook her head. “Nonsense.” She dug into her bag, pulling a small white bottle out. Opening it, Kagome dumped two brown items onto her palm, extending that to him. “Here, take these. It'll make the headache go away. Swallow them and you'll feel much better, I promise.”

Sesshomaru looked at the two objects, glaring at her. “I have no need for human medicine.”

Kagome eased his palm open much to his dismay, depositing the two objects in his hand. “Just take them at least. It'll make you feel much better.”

Sesshomaru closed his hand around the two brown items, no intention of taking them. “Miko, I said I have no need for your human medicine. Do not think these will help.”

She stood, her hands clenched into fists at her sides. She leaned into his face, growling, “Fine. Be a stupid baka. Suffer if you want.” Kagome stomped away, leaving a very confused Sesshomaru behind. Why did it matter how he felt to the strange miko his brother traveled with? It made no sense to him.

Kagome shouted back, “By the way it's Ka-go-me! Not miko!” She stomped down below deck, leaving him and Inuyasha above alone.

Inuyasha snickered from Sesshomaru's left. “She keeps on teaching you the same lesson and you keep not learning it. Told you so, asshole. Just take the damn medicine cause if you don't she'll find a way to make you and you really wouldn't want that.”

“Half-breed, do not lecture me.”



Inuyasha sat at the railing the next morning, staring out over the sun-kissed sea as it flowed by. He had tried to make up with Kagome for the majority of the night, but she had given him the silent treatment. Inuyasha drooped his ears. He had hoped she would have forgiven him by now for his reaction to the strange man in metal. His ears pinned to his head as he thought of the overtures the man had made towards Kagome. Settling his chin onto his arms atop the railing, Inuyasha sighed. Hopefully soon she'd forgive him. He felt as if he had been cast out and she was the only pack member he had left in this strange world. It didn't help that he had admitted to her that he thought of her as his mate.

He felt a hand on his shoulder and he glanced backwards, hoping that it would be Kagome. It wasn't. Instead, a blond man with a beard, furs and sword like the red-haired man that had led them to the ship stood glaring. The man growled, “Angarak half-demon filth, how did you convince Ancient Belgarath to believe you weren't from this world? Are you some pawn of the demons trying to raise the Dark God back to life? You're nothing but a tool to trick us Alorns into trusting the vile children of Torak.”

Inuyasha bared his fangs, a hand gripping his sword hilt tightly. Before he could respond, a blur of white pulled the man from him and when it stopped, his brother stood, his clawed hand squeezing the man by the throat. “Pathetic human filth. How dare you make such accusations towards him. Explain yourself before I rip your throat out.” Sesshomaru slammed the man down onto the deck, his knee pinning him down.

Inuyasha stood dumbstruck. His brother was defending him from a human. It baffled him as to why he would do such a thing. The Sesshomaru he knew felt nothing but contempt for his status as a half-breed and often reminded him of that fact. Why would he do such a thing as defend him now from someone such as this human? He was about to say something when Sesshomaru thrust the man towards him, hissing, “You shall apologize now.”

The man rasped out, “Are you a demon priest of Torak?”

“No, you fool. I gave you a command. Now follow it or I shall end your life here and now, you worthless creature. Apologize to my brother and do it now.”

The man looked towards Sesshomaru, fear marring his features. He stood, backing away before he turned. Once he saw Inuyasha, he snarled, “Never! That monstrosity of human and demon blood is the work of the Dark God! He's half-demon blasphemy to Belar.”

Sesshomaru's golden eyes narrowed to slits. “Never speak that vile trash again. Your Dark God is dead.” He gripped the man around the throat again, his claws making hissing sounds into his flesh. “Nothing could stop me from crushing your wind pipe, but I am above that. You shall apologize for your stupidity to my brother.” He tossed the man to the deck, his whip of light ready to force the man.

Inuyasha looked down, then up at his brother, confusion swimming in his eyes. He then jumped out of the way as the man lunged at him, seeing the fear leave his wild eyes. “What the fuck? You nearly had him pissing himself.” Inuyasha continued jumping out of the way as the Alorn attacked with his massive sword.

Sesshomaru let loose his whip, cutting the man's feet out from under him. Just as he was about to finish the job, Belgarath and Garion entered the deck. Belgarath asked, “What the hell is going on up here?”

Inuyasha jumped high into the air, tumbling behind his brother. He shouted, “I don't know! He just went berserk.”

Belgarath closed his eyes. “He's a Bear Cultist. Figures. How he got into Barak's crew is beyond me.”

Sesshomaru said, “If you wish to question him, do so soon.” He poised to slice the man with his whip of light.

Polgara and Kagome followed. Polgara said in a stern voice, “Stop this foolishness immediately!” Everyone froze, including Sesshomaru, the man, and Inuyasha. She then looked into the man's eyes, probing. “Can you tell me your name?”

“Halbreg.”

“Halbreg, what are you doing aboard this ship?”

“I was sent to destroy the half-demon Inuyasha in the name of Belar.” The man's eyes rolled wildly but he couldn't move from Polgara's grip.

“And who sent you in Belar's name?”

“Ulfgast did. He is the high priest of Cherek and what will be Aloria reunited. He demanded that our world be rid of this filth.” He struggled to no avail again.

“And why did he appoint you for this task?”

“He had heard that you and Ancient Belgarath had been duped by the half-demon to take him to Torak's ancient city to bring back the Dark God reborn. It has been said he intends to become the new Dark God himself.” The man screamed.

Polgara sighed. “He's utterly programmed. A Grolim twisted his mind.” She turned back to him asking, “Inuyasha is the half-demon you seek, is he not? Exactly how did he dupe my father?”

“He convinced Ancient Belgarath that evil demons were infecting the Angarak continent and that they would soon infect Aloria.”

Polgara asked, “Anyone else inform you of this? A man named Naraku by chance?”

The man managed to break free, screaming as his mind snapped. He hurled himself over the side, laughing as he fell to his death in the choppy sea.

Polgara waved her hand, freeing everyone she had frozen into place. “It seems Naraku has an agenda or perhaps whomever he's working with does.”

Sesshomaru retracted his whip, turning his gaze upon Polgara. “That man was mine to deal with.”

Polgara looked the Demon Lord over. “We needed information. Killing him outright would not have yielded that. He had triggers. Naraku's name caused the complete melt down. A Grolim planted the idea of an evil half-Angarak, half-demon seeking to become Torak reborn. I suspect this Ulfgast is a Grolim that blended himself into the Alorn kingdoms as a high priest and has the Bear Cult under his control.” She sighed passing a hand over her eyes. “Father, we have to tell Anheg and the others that the Bear Cult is back and raising trouble.”

Inuyasha remained standing behind his brother. He cocked his head to one side. “Let me guess, he was triggered when he saw me and thought I was alone.”

“Yes. I suspect so. Apparently the Grolim didn't factor in the Demon Lord here.”

Belgarath sighed. “Looks like I'll have to send Beldin to Riva to let the Alorn Council know of this latest development.” He went back down below deck.

Kagome rushed past Sesshomaru, gripping Inuyasha tightly around the waist. He grunted, looking down at her. She said, “I'm glad you're okay.” She buried her face into his shoulder, rubbing her nose onto his neck as she hugged him tighter.

Inuyasha grunted, choking out, “Feh. Of course I'm alright. He was using a regular weapon and was too slow. Don't get all worked up over nothing.”

Polgara said, “It does seem Naraku does know of Torak and the Angarak faith, or he doesn't and the Grolims know about him and are trying to return Torak by desperate measures.” She nodded to the three, “I'll be down below.”

Kagome whispered in his ear, “I'm sorry. I'll make you some ramen to make up for giving you the silent treatment. Let me go get things ready for it, okay?” She hugged him again, her head resting on his shoulder.

Inuyasha blushed slightly at the attention that Kagome lavished on him. She usually didn't get all emotional after an insignificant fight like this where he really hadn't gotten hurt at all. He wondered why she would act this way when she snuck out of his arms, smiling before going below deck again. Inuyasha stared at the cabin door she disappeared behind, confusion on his face. Just what was going on this ship? First his brother comes to his defense and now Kagome gets upset over a fight and says she'll make him some ramen. It didn't make any sense to him. He looked over at Sesshomaru, the only other person remaining on deck. “What the fuck was that all about?”

“A spy.”

“Not that part, jackass. I heard that part. Since when do you care if someone calls me half-demon filth, anyways?”

Sesshomaru kept his calm gaze steady on his brother's. “His humanity offended me.”

“That doesn't explain it. You called me a half-breed yesterday.” Inuyasha tapped his foot. “So what gives?”

“Half-breed, do not question my motives.”

“That's the Sesshomaru I know.” Inuyasha shook his head. “I get it now. You're the only one allowed to call me that, right?”

“This conversation has begun to bore me.” Sesshomaru turned his back on Inuyasha. He sat down on the deck where he had yesterday, staring out towards the sea.

Inuyasha followed, sitting down not far from him. “So these Grolims or whatever they are want their God back and they expect me to be it, huh?” He smiled smugly. “I guess that'd make me outrank you. I'd be a god and all.”

Sesshomaru ripped Inuyasha down to the deck by his sleeve. “How about you rephrase that, half-breed.”

Inuyasha growled, “How about you let go before I wipe that smirk off your face?”

Kagome stood in the doorway to the cabin area. “Dear Diary, today it was discovered that Sesshomaru, Lord of the Western Lands, does indeed have a sense of humor. This shall be remembered for years to come.”

Inuyasha sat up. He pointed a finger at Sesshomaru, accusing, “You! You were making fun of me this whole time. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't punch you between the eyes.”

Kagome sighed. “Inuyasha, don't give him more ammunition.”

Inuyasha turned his back to the both of them. “I can't trust either of you, do you know that? You both back stab.”

Kagome giggled. “Inuyasha, why are you sitting with your back to us then?”

Inuyasha's ears twitched. “None of your business.”

Kagome shook her head. “I only came up to let you know that I have everything ready for ramen. All I need is one very grumpy hanyou. Are you coming or not?”

Inuyasha twitched his ears more. He looked over his shoulder at her. “Okay.” He stood up, following her to the cabin door. Pointing a finger at Sesshomaru, he said, “We're not finished.” When they arrived to their private cabin, Inuyasha sat down on the floor, waiting for his ramen eagerly.

Before she gave him the steaming bowl full of noodles, she smiled and said, “I'm sorry I was so mean to you last night.” She handed him the bowl, sitting down next to him. “It was mean of me to not talk to you at all.”

Inuyasha blushed. “You get some of that weird sea sickness stuff, too? You've been acting weird.” He looked down at the noodles, shoving some into his mouth.

“No, Inuyasha, I'm not seasick. I'm just sorry.” She smiled at him. “I shouldn't have gotten as mad as I did yesterday.”

Inuyasha continued to eat his ramen, slurping it as he went. He set the bowl aside, looking at her. He reached a hand out to feel if she had a fever when she moved to the open bunk, pulling a text book out of her backpack. Inuyasha cocked his head to one side, confused. One moment she was giving him ramen and smiling wide at him, the next she acted as if he wasn't in the room. He asked,“What the hell has gotten into you? Are you sure you're not that sea whatever?” He stood, crossing the room to feel for a fever again and she moved her head away. “Damn it, stay still.” He gripped her by the shoulders.

Kagome looked up at him, sighing. “I'm trying to study, Inuyasha. Even if I can't get to the well I'd like to at least keep up, okay?”

Inuyasha shook his head. “No, Kagome. We need to talk. You've been acting weird since you came up on deck and that weird guy attacked me.” He sat down next to her, his ramen momentarily forgotten. “What the hell is going on here?” He finally got his hand onto her forehead, finding that she did feel normal. “You don't have a fever.”

“I tried to tell you that.” She looked back down at her text book. “I just felt bad that I hadn't talked to you last night. It was stupid of me to get so mad at you. So I made you some ramen to make up for it, okay?” She smiled at him before turning the page in her book.

Inuyasha bent down, grabbing his bowl, finishing off the noodle soup. He shook his head. “Between you and my brother I don't know what's going on.”

“What do you mean?” She didn't look up from her book.

Inuyasha rubbed the back of his neck replying, “Well, Sesshomaru was acting weird, that's all. He went out of his way to defend me from that weird guy. I don't know why and he won't tell me. Now you won't tell me why you have acted weird since that guy attacked. You've never hugged me like that after a fight like that before. I didn't even get a scratch and you acted like I was really hurt. I don't understand.”

Kagome slid the book to the bunk, turning to face him. “Sesshomaru defended you?”

“Yeah.” Inuyasha snorted. “He didn't have to, either. I could have handled it, I just didn't know why this guy went after me and before I could react Sesshomaru was there. Don't ask me what was going on there.” He scrunched his nose. “Hey! Don't change the subject like that! That's just not fair!”

Kagome giggled softly. “I'm not changing the subject. I am just as surprised as you by his action. Although, I think he's much better at showing than he is at telling.” She smiled and rubbed his ear. “I wouldn't worry over it too much, Inuyasha.”

Inuyasha closed his eyes as he felt her fingers dance across his ear. It felt good to have her touch on his ear and he blushed. He opened an eye, looking at her as she let her hand drop and as she eased the book back into her lap. Inuyasha leaned in, kissing her, the book thudding as it fell onto the floor of the ship. She didn't push him away and he leaned her back onto the bunk, allowing himself to drape over her as he kissed her deeper, his hands running through her hair as his tongue parried with hers.

Kagome gasped as he moved his lips to her throat, but she didn't protest. Her hands found his hair, one finger making circles on his ear. He growled low in his throat, his fangs brushing against the skin of hers before he lapped at it. She arched towards him and he smiled against her flesh. Her fingers didn't stop moving over his ears and through his hair and he panted slightly. Kagome rasped out, “Inuyasha, what has come over you?”

Inuyasha didn't answer. Instead, he kissed her, his tongue thrusting into her mouth. She accepted his kiss, her mouth opening further, thus giving him more access to probe. This felt right. As much as he had fought against his feelings in the past few days especially, being with Kagome alone and kissing her felt as if it had been the right thing to do all along and he wondered briefly why he couldn't have seen it before.

He inhaled her scent after he broke the kiss, nuzzling his nose deep into her hair. Inuyasha flicked his tongue over her ear lobe, paying attention to her ear as she had his. She gasped before moaning low in her throat. Her scent smelled of the spiced apples and underlying that was a musky scent, a spike in its normal potency. Inuyasha felt his body respond in kind and he panted. He buried his nose further into her hair, content just to hold her against him as he sat up, moving her into his lap. She asked again, “What has come over you, Inuyasha?”

Inuyasha brushed some hair from her face, shyly looking away. He blushed and whispered, “Just let me know if you want me to stop.”

Kagome nuzzled her nose into his hair, her legs straddling him. She blushed but did not pull away. “I never said anything about stopping, did I? Remember what we talked about the other night? You asked me a very important question.”

Inuyasha pulled his face away slightly as her nose touched his. “Yeah, I remember.”

She laughed softly. “Inuyasha, didn't you want an answer to that question?”

Inuyasha looked down, then blushed further as he realized what it must look like, her sitting the way she was. He fought his body to keep it from reacting too much, not wanting to simply take her there and then without her consent. She still hadn't given him an answer as of yet. He squeezed his hands at his sides tightly. Inuyasha nodded yes, unable to speak anymore with her in this compromising position.

“Well, I never said no, you know.” She held his chin, turning his face to look at hers. Kagome kissed him, this one lingering as she explored his mouth much as he had hers. He wrapped his arms around her, his fingers entangling into her hair. She whispered into his ear, “Yes.”

Before Inuyasha could reply, a knock came to the door and Belgarath's voice said, “We're going to meet on deck for a little while about what happened. Be up there in about five minutes, okay?” Inuyasha stared at the door, murder in his eyes.

Kagome jumped away from him, her cheeks crimson. She responded to Belgarath, her voice sounding slightly strangled, “We'll be there in a minute.”