Crossover Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Journey to the City of Endless Night ❯ Chapter Twenty-Five ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings: Lemon

Chapter Twenty-Five

Inuyasha glanced over towards Kagome as he heard her laugh. His brows knit together in confusion as to what could possibly be so funny. It didn't escape his notice that Garion's mate was sitting with her and they kept looking in his direction. A light blush tinged Kagome's cheeks. “Wonder what's so funny over there.” He picked up the last hunk of cheese he had and bit into it.

Garion sighed as he sat down onto a chair by Inuyasha's spot on the floor. “Beats me but what ever it is, it can't be good. They're plotting something, and it seems their target is you.”

Inuyasha coughed as he tried to swallow his cheese. “Me?”

“It would seem so.” Miroku waved towards the ladies, flashing a big smile. “They sure seem to like looking over here and giggling at your expense, that's for sure.”

The red-haired girl leaned over, whispering into Kagome's ear. Kagome blushed a full shade redder and shook her head. She giggled when she looked over at Inuyasha and then whispered back to the tiny girl. Inuyasha cocked his head to one side, biting into his cheese again. He said around his mouthful, “Whatever.”

“What I wouldn't give for your or your brother's hearing, Inuyasha. They must be having the most delightful conversation.” Miroku sighed wistfully. He winced when he felt Sango's hand connect with the back of his head.

Sango glared at him. “You are such a hentai.” She clenched her hands into fists before crossing the room.

Miroku rubbed the back of his head. “Did I say something wrong?”

Sesshomaru's eyebrow arched at the comment. He picked up a cup of tea from the table, staring out the window to the garden below. He didn't respond to Miroku's remark.

Inuyasha swallowed and replied, “You're just figuring that out now, monk?” He twitched his ears trying to pick up on the conversation the two girls were having but gave up when they stopped talking. Kagome's gold specked eyes and the queen's green stared at him. They were keeping a close watch on him evidently and didn't want him aware of any plans they might have. He snorted. “I wish they'd knock that off. It's giving me the creeps.”

Garion laughed. “Inuyasha, I think that's the idea. Ce'Nedra's probably filling her head with a lot of devious ideas. You'll find out soon enough, I'm sure. ”

Inuyasha glared at him. “Thanks. I feel so assured.” He set his empty plate down next to him and sighed. He patted his stomach. “That was a nice lunch. I don't care what those two are plotting over there. I'm well fed.”

Sesshomaru rolled his eyes and turned around. “Little brother, perhaps they are commenting on your rude behavior.”

Inuyasha pushed himself up from the floor. “And what does that mean?” He shoved into Sesshomaru's face.

“It means, half-breed, that you might wish to wash before dinner tonight. That is if you have an appetite later.” His nose was wrinkled before he turned back towards the window.

Garion laughed. “One for Sesshomaru's side.”

“Shut up! Who said we were keeping score?” Inuyasha sniffed, then looked down at his haori front. He noticed that some of the soup from earlier had dribbled on it. He brushed his hand across the stain. “So? Big deal.” He sat back down onto the floor, his arms crossed. “I don't even want to go to this stupid dinner.”

“You know, Inuyasha, you're going to have to go. It's not such a bad idea to get washed up. Besides, I hear the ladies are going to be dressed in wonderful finery.” Miroku smirked. “You wouldn't want to leave Kagome unchaperoned with that many people around, after all.”

Inuyasha clenched his hand into a fist. He stood up, pushing into the monk's face. “Not on your life. If you're going to be there I'll be there.” He glared at him.

“Why, do I sense jealousy in your voice, Inuyasha?” Miroku smirked.

Garion laughed, shaking his head. “I think he's got you there, Inuyasha. Definitely one for his side. He's been with Silk too much lately, I think.”

“Quit keeping score! Some help you are.” Inuyasha glared at Garion. He crossed his arms and sat back down onto the floor. “So what do they want me to wear for this stupid thing, anyways? I won't wear anything but my fire rat. I don't care how dirty it is.”

Garion sighed. He brushed a hand over his brown hose. “I'm assuming I'll be wearing my blue doublet and hose. It's been awhile. If you wash your outfit, you'll be fine, I'd think.”

Silk joined the conversation. “So nervous about tonight?”

“Feh. I just don't see why we have to go through with it. Who cares if one king visits another. It seems like such a waste of time. What about Naraku?” Inuyasha crossed his arms and stuck his bottom lip out in a pout.

Garion sighed. “Because the ladies like to dress up and we don't like the ladies to be angry with us for not letting them.”

Miroku smirked. “I couldn't have put it better myself.”

Silk pulled on his nose. He clapped Miroku on the shoulder. “Monk, you're a man after my heart.”

Garion shook his head. “Silk, we were just mentioning that fact. You two are awful. Don't go out of your way to make too many disturbances, please.”

“Me? When would I upset things?” Silk's dark eyes snapped in glee. He rubbed the stubble on his chin. “I'm going to have to shave. I don't care what Barak says. Beards itch after awhile.”

Inuyasha shook his head. Between the girls finding entertainment at his expense and the thief and monk he wondered what he had gotten himself into. He pushed himself up from the floor. “What time is this stupid thing going to happen, anyways?”

“I'd expect in about seven hours from now. It's fairly early into the afternoon so we have plenty of time to prepare. We're going to have to have titles for you though. We'll be introduced before we're allowed to take our seats. You'll understand when we go to the banquet hall,” Garion replied.

Inuyasha groaned. “You, go away. You're nothing but bad news, did you know that?”

Garion laughed. “It's not my fault. Don't get mad at me. You asked a question, after all.”

Before Inuyasha could retort, the door opened and Brador entered. “I'll escort you to your rooms now. If you'll follow me, please.” He turned, exiting back into the giant hallway. They filed out behind him, continuing into the maze that made up the imperial palace. It seemed as if the city of Mal Zeth was constructed on the idea that the more things repeated themselves the better they'd be.

Miroku and Sango were escorted to a suite first. They blushed at one another, protesting that they would prefer not to share. Sango easily remedied the situation when she said, “Shippo can join us.” Shippo was about to pout when Inuyasha raised a clenched fist. He backed down, leaping onto Miroku's shoulder. They disappeared into the room and Inuyasha sighed.

They arrived to the room he and Kagome would share next. Entering, he noticed that the suite had several large rooms. He appraised it and Inuyasha found the whole set up to be as ridiculously overdone as the rest of the palace. A smile did flicker across his face when he saw the large bed waiting for them in the fourth chamber. It had four posts and a canopy in a rich blue. Similar rugs from the sitting room adorned the floor, this pattern heavy in blues and reds. A large window with what appeared to be blue velvet curtains was on the far wall.

Before Inuyasha could explore more of the room, he noticed that Kagome flew past him, pulling her clothes off as she went. Confusion filled his eyes and his ears flattened to his skull. Just what was she doing? He didn't mind the idea of her becoming naked, but the unusualness of her undressing perplexed him. Normally Kagome was so shy about undressing that this frenzy of clothes on the floor confused him. She left a trail of clothes to the fifth chamber adjoining the one he stood in.

Peeking around the door frame, he saw that Kagome had fully undressed. She was bent over, a vial in her hand. She sniffed it, sprinkling its contents into a bath sunk into the floor. Inuyasha smiled wide at the view of his mate's naked backside. He felt his nether regions agree with his eyes. He really didn't care why she had defrocked so quickly. Her skin was creamy. Kagome's hair fell down by her face, exposing her back to him. Inuyasha saw his mark on her neck and he stepped closer.

She then eased herself into the water, a soft moan reaching his ears. Kagome pulled more vials out, sniffing each, adding some and rejecting others. She had her eyes closed as she sunk lower into the water. If this was all he had to do to get her to undress he would have found something like this a long time ago. She didn't open her eyes. “Why don't you join me? You're going to have to wash before tonight, anyways.”

Inuyasha didn't question how she knew he had been watching. He unstrapped Tetsusaiga from his side setting it against the wall. Then, Inuyasha undid the strings to his fire rat and pants, slipping out of both. He dropped them, kicking them into a corner. His undershirt followed. Inuyasha stuck his foot into the water. He yelped. “Woman, why do you have to boil yourself, anyways?”

Kagome opened an eye. “It's relaxing. Just take your time and you'll adjust.” She sighed softly, dunking her hair into the overly hot water. Her dark raven locks fanned around her head and a soft sigh of contentment reached his ears. Inuyasha could see her breasts slightly over the water line. They teased his vision and taunted him.

He crossed his arms, glaring at her. She was naked and enticing yet she was in the blasted hot water. It was as if someone had placed a barrier up. He said, “Feh. You can boil yourself. I think I'll pass.” Inuyasha turned his back on her.

Kagome opened her eyes. She smiled. “Oh come on, Inuyasha. Don't be so stubborn. Bathing alone can be so dull, after all.” Inuyasha wondered what had gotten into her. She normally was so shy about such matters and here she was pleading him to join her. Kagome looked him over, her eyes casting up and down.

He felt his cheeks flame and she laughed. “What's so funny?”

“You're cute, that's all. I was just admiring the view.” She closed her eyes again, settling into the over-sized, marble tub. “You really don't know what you're missing.” She was taunting him. It was obvious. It was almost as if she had dared him to enter the boiling hot water.

Inuyasha tested the water again. He glared at her with determination. He would not lose this dare. He cringed when he touched the water with his foot but did not pull back. Inuyasha would never understand why women had this need to cook themselves when they bathed. Once his foot adjusted, he started to ease his leg in and his other foot. It took time but he found that Kagome had been right. As he adjusted himself, he finally sank into the tub, the hot water level with his chest. He put his arms on the sides of the tub. Inuyasha stuck his chin out as if declaring that victory was now his. “You happy now?”

Kagome opened her eyes, smiling at him. Under the water, Inuyasha felt her foot rub against his leg. She nodded. “Much better. No sense in having a tub like this and no one to share it with. It's much too big.”

Inuyasha cocked his head to one side. What exactly had taken over Kagome? She wasn't herself. Where was all this bravado coming from, anyways? He said, “Feh. It's still too hot.” He leaned back into the water, feeling it relax some of his more tense muscles. He wasn't about to admit to her that she had been right all along.

Kagome sat forward, her damp hair covering her chest. She ran a hand under the water where her foot had been a moment ago and Inuyasha felt his cheeks flame. He was so confused by her behavior, although he didn't exactly hate it, either. A smile broke out on her face and she leaned a bit more, kissing him. His eyes went wide before he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her back. One of Kagome's hands reached up, petting an ear. He groaned into her mouth and felt his hips buck upwards. How did she know how to rub his ears like that? He broke the kiss off, licking her mark. Kagome had straddled him in the water, her arms around his neck. A soft gasp reached his ears and he smiled against her throat.

She pulled back, touching her forehead to his. “Want to wash my back for me?” She slid off him, turning around. Kagome stretched out, lying her chin on her arms at the edge of the tub. Inuyasha remained frozen, watching as her body settled under the water. The water covered up to the small of her back. She glanced back towards him, “Well, Inuyasha?” He jumped, gripping the tub sides. Just what was she up to, anyways?

Inuyasha moved towards her, picking up a small sponge by the tub side. He dunked it into the water and squeezed the excess out. Tentatively, he reached out, rubbing in small circles on her shoulder blades. Soft moans reached his ears and he knew he had to be doing something right. She arched upwards towards it, encouraging him. Inuyasha stopped, picking up one of the vials he had seen Kagome sample. He unstopped one, sniffing it. It smelled of lilacs. He set it down, wrinkling his nose. He'd do without the fancy scents. Inuyasha picked up the sponge again, rubbing it towards the small of her back. She mewled at that and he smiled. She breathed out, “A little lower.”

Inuyasha nearly dropped the sponge into the water. He sputtered, unable to form any cohesive thoughts. Kagome again glanced over at him. She smiled before placing her head back onto her arms. Inuyasha wondered what she was up to with all of this strange behavior. He leaned forward, moving his hand into the water to rest at the small of her back. He flicked a claw there and she groaned. Inuyasha draped himself over her body and pushed hair away from her neck. He ran his tongue up and down the soft skin there before nibbling at her collar bone. She bucked back towards him and he groaned.

Kagome pushed back, grinding herself against him. His eyes fluttered shut and he bucked towards her. His hand moved around to her front as a claw brushed against a breast. She panted and water splashed onto the floor outside the tub. Kagome pulled away, sitting down on the edge of the tub, her feet only remaining in the water. Inuyasha looked up towards her as water dripped down her skin from her hair.

He crossed the rest of the tub, resting between her thighs. Inuyasha kissed her, his hand rubbing lazy circles on her hip. He cupped a breast, flicking a claw across it and she arched towards him. Thrusting his tongue into her mouth, he felt hers wrap around his, gently sucking on it. Her hand found an ear again, lightly brushing the tip. He thrust inside her as his hips bucked at the touch. Inuyasha grunted, adjusting to her heat. She gasped, a soft moan reaching his ears. She lifted her hips to meet him, pushing him to move.

Inuyasha rotated his hips, his hands sliding down to hers as he held her. She arched her chest towards him as soft mewls escaped from low in her throat. Kagome continued to rub his ear, kneading the tip between two fingers. He groaned, bucking into her. Inuyasha lowered his mouth to her mark, gently sucking as he stroked deeper. Kagome's legs wrapped around him, pulling him even further. Her voice was breathless as broken versions of his name reached his ears.

Kagome squeezed around him as she released. She arched flush against him, panting. Her hand fell from his ear to rest on his back and her nails dug in. Inuyasha groaned, lapping at her mark. He kissed her, thrusting his tongue in rhythm with his hips. Sucking on her lower lip, he pushed into her one last time finding his own climax. He rested against her, a slight smile crossing his face when she whispered, “I told you hot baths just needed getting used to.”

Inuyasha caught his breath, remaining against her. “Smart ass.” He kissed her before leaning back into the water. Kagome followed, sinking back in. Inuyasha dunked his head under the water, stripping the water out. At the back of his mind he had the nagging feeling he had been had. He shrugged, sighing as he settled back. He rested his arms on the edges of the tub. What did he have to complain about? He had had a good meal and now some time with his mate, after all.


Kagome entered Polgara's chambers. She looked around the suite, following the voices. “Dear, could you hand me that comb?” Polgara spotted her from her seat on the plush chair. “Oh, Kagome dear, you finally made it. I wondered if I might have to send a servant.”

Kagome blushed. She sat down onto another plush chair. “I'm sorry, Lady Polgara.”

Ce'Nedra smirked from her seat on a chair in front of Polgara. She laughed. “I take it you took my advice, then.”

“Now what advice was this, dear?” Polgara asked as she ran a comb through the girl's red-hair.

“Oh, Inuyasha hates baths in hot water so to encourage him into the tub Kagome took some advice from me.” She winked. “It worked, didn't it?”

Kagome blushed another shade of red. She couldn't believe she had gone through with it. She felt bad for deceiving Inuyasha, but it wasn't as if she had planned for things to go as far as they had. Kagome wasn't going to complain that they had, but at first she was just going to taunt him into the tub. Then it had worked and things went from there. She clasped her hands in her lap, focusing on them, too embarrassed to look up.

Polgara arched an eyebrow. “Ce'Nedra, I told you not to get involved with their private business.”

“I know, but Aunt Pol, he was getting all dirty.” She wrinkled her nose.

Kagome sighed. She glanced around the room, noticing that it was all decorated in blues and silvers. The curtains were a rich, royal blue with silver bands pulling them back. The carpet was covered with woven blue roses on a cream background. Even the chairs they sat upon had blue cushions. Glancing out the window she saw that rose trellises climbed the walls and peeked around the glass. Anything to distract her from the conversation.

Polgara sighed. “Ce'Nedra dear, next time just keep your nose out. You've embarrassed Kagome quite enough.”

The door opened and Sango walked through, tentatively. She looked around the fancy room before sitting down onto a chair by Kagome. Her hands were clasped in front of her and a blush tinged her cheeks. Kagome leaned over. “Sango-chan, you alright?”

Sango nodded. She said, “I can't stay in the same room with that lecher. He's awful.” Her blush deepened.

Kagome sighed. “Did you leave him conscious before you came here?”

Sango nodded. “Yes. If it wasn't for Shippo---” She hid a small smile behind her hand.

“Well, now that we're all here, I'd like to start picking out dresses. We're not going to slip into them until a few hours from now, but preparations can take quite some time. We'll pick dresses out and one at a time we'll get dressed so that it saves time and prevents the lot of us from getting dirty between now and then.” Polgara stood up, opening a large clothing bureau. Inside hung beautiful gowns of all different colors and styles.

First, Polgara pulled out a low cut, blue gown with silver trim. It was made of rich, silk. A fine blue velvet robe accompanied it, white fur trimming the outer edges. She nodded her approval, setting them down onto the bed. “Now, for you ladies.” She sized each of them up, looking at the three of them. She said, “Kagome, you first.”

Kagome stood slowly, her hands still clasped tightly. She blushed more. Last time they had done this she had been introduced to those they had traveled with and only a few more. This time she was going to be debuted in front of four hundred people. It felt intimidating. She jumped when Polgara said, “Strip.”

“What?” She couldn't believe what her ears were hearing.

“You heard me. That dress, take it off.” Her voice sounded like steel.

Kagome blushed another full shade. She undid the strings on the bodice, sliding the dress off her shoulders to pool around her feet. She crossed her arms over her bra. Polgara's eyebrow arched at the odd undergarments she wore. “Open your arms, Kagome. I need to see exactly what I'm working with.” Kagome slowly opened her arms. “Yes, I told you back at the Stronghold that you have it. I wasn't wrong.” She turned around.

Polgara pulled out a green silk dress with gold trim on the bodice and skirt. It was low cut and sweeping. She held it up against Kagome's skin. “Yes, dark green suits you well. It brings out your complexion. Slide into it quick for me so I know the sleeves aren't too long, dear.”

Kagome averted her eyes from Polgara's appraising gaze. All the bravado she had back in the suite with Inuyasha had evaporated. She did as told, pulling the elaborate dress on. The sleeves stopped right at her wrists. Polgara lifted an arm up, extending it to see how the fabric held. “Yes, yes. It suits well. We'll want to worry about hair and jewelry later.” She leaned down, pulling on the skirt. “It's not too long, either. Perfect. You'll be dazzling tonight, I can guarantee it. You can change back now, if you like.”

Kagome eased out of the fine silk, afraid she'd damage or stain it. She handed it back to Polgara and eased back into her gray travel dress. She sat back down onto her chair, waiting to see who would go next.

Polgara cast her gaze onto Sango. “Alright, Sango. Let's see what we have to work with here.” She crooked her finger towards the shy Sango. “Now dear, don't be so shy.”

Sango stood, blushing a shade even deeper than Kagome's. She undid the strings holding her kimono in place and dropped it. Underneath was her slayer outfit and she took that off slowly, embarrassed. She didn't look at anyone as she did it. Polgara walked around her, looking over her figure. She stopped when she saw the scar on Sango's back. “My, what happened here?”

Sango flinched and cast her eyes down. “It's nothing.”

Polgara sighed. She appraised Sango's bust and hips. “Well, it can't be helped and won't be noticeable under your dress. Your figure is excellent. Yes, you, too, are lucky, dear. Let me look over the colors and see what would fit you.”

She turned back towards the bureau, pulling through dresses. She stopped when she reached a rich, lavender dress. It was flowing much like the one she had picked out for Kagome, yet the trim on it was of silver. It, too, was low cut. Sango blushed when she saw the dress. She said, “I can't wear that! That monk will be awful!”

Polgara smiled. “Dear, I've noticed he does have a certain roaming eye.” She held it up against Sango's skin. “Yes, I do like this color. It fits. Let me see how it looks on you.”

Sango touched the smooth silk, pulling her hand back as if burned. “I, I can't wear this. It's too nice.”

“Nonsense, dear. We're going to be entertaining royalty tonight. We best look the part.” Polgara's blue eyes trained on the slayer.

Sango slid into the fabric, pulling it onto her skin. She blushed. “I don't know about this.” Polgara did the same sizing as she had with Kagome. She pulled Sango's arms up and out from her chest. Polgara clucked her tongue, waving her hand that it was alright for her to change back into her other outfit. Sango quickly got out of the fancy gown and put on her slayer outfit.

Ce'Nedra looked at the two of them. She said, “I don't see why you two are so shy about it.” She stepped out of her dress, standing with her arms open. The little queen said, “I'm jealous, actually. I'm so flat and you're not. You should show it off more.”

Sango and Kagome exchanged glances, blushes on their faces. Kagome said, “We're just not used to wearing such fancy dresses, that's all.”

Ce'Nedra snorted. “Nonsense. You're acting like a couple of Sendarians. Don't be so prim and proper. Have fun with your dress.” She flashed a wicked smile in Kagome's direction. “So what did you exactly do to get Inuyasha into that tub?”

Kagome's cheeks flamed. She noticed from the corner of her eye that Sango had a wide smile on her face. She said, “I didn't do anything. I just took a bath.” She left out that she had practically done a strip tease for him on the way to the tub. She also left out her dare. There was no mention at all of what happened after that dare, either.

Polgara sighed. “Ce'Nedra, dear, what did I tell you? Don't embarrass her more.”

Ce'Nedra stuck her bottom lip out in a pout. “Not even a tiny tidbit?” She caved when Polgara's steely eyes settled on her. She battered her eye lashes at her. “Yes, Aunt Pol.

Polgara sighed and said, “Ce'Nedra dear, what were you thinking of wearing?”

Ce'Nedra stuck a lock of red hair into her teeth. “I was thinking of something in a nice cream or light green. What do you think?”

“Don't suck on your hair, dear. Cream. In velvet. You've always looked nice in cream.” She smiled. “Now that we have the dresses out of the way, what to do about hair.” She looked over Kagome. “I'll want to have your hair away from your face. Maybe have it done up in a weaved pile.” Polgara moved Kagome's hair up on top of her head, teasing it. “What's this, Kagome?”

Kagome reached up, rubbing her mark from Inuyasha. “It's nothing.” She blushed.

“Oh, I see. Never mind, dear. We'll still put your hair up. I don't think anyone will notice that when I'm done with you.” Polgara let her hair fall back down. “We'll figure this out later. Why don't you go relax for awhile. No sense in getting into these dresses this early. We do have a few hours left, after all.”

Kagome glanced over towards Sango then towards Ce'Nedra. She sighed. “I don't think I'll be doing much relaxing if I go back to my room. I still have to figure out a way to get Inuyasha's clothes clean.”

Ce'Nedra's green eyes lit up. “You could always try another bath.” Kagome blushed.



Inuyasha lounged on the over-sized bed, lying spread eagled. He sighed in contentment. After the long trip from the city, the fight with the Hounds, the dispute between the old sorcerers, his human night, and arriving here, Inuyasha reveled in relaxation. He had been fed and mated. It didn't matter that he had to attend a huge function later that night. Inuyasha was too happy to care. The door opened and Inuyasha lifted is head. Kagome closed the door and entered the room. She gasped. “Inuyasha! You're not even dressed! What if someone had come in here and it wasn't me?”

Inuyasha snorted. “Feh. Who else would come in here, wench?” He patted the bed, inviting her to join him.

Kagome rolled her eyes. “You have to get your clothes clean for tonight.” She entered the bathing chamber, picking up his fire rat and undershirt. She crossed back to the sitting room, ringing a bell pull by the door. A servant arrived shortly, and she said, “Take these and clean them. Be gentle.”

Inuyasha sat up, leaning on an elbow. He watched as she entered the room. She put her hands on her hips. “I don't know what I'm going to do with you.” She opened a cabinet. “You're going to wear these tonight, too.” They were a pair of leather shoes. Inuyasha's eyes went wide. Where had his mate from earlier gone? Who had taken over Kagome now? He was utterly confused. One moment she was all over him and the next she was ordering him around. She said, “Lady Polgara said you must.”

Inuyasha shot up from the bed. “Fuck no. I'm not wearing shoes. You can forget it.” He crossed his arms, glaring at her. “You've got to be nuts even thinking I'd consider it. I hate shoes more than hats.”

Kagome sighed. “Inuyasha, don't make me force the issue.” She smiled winsomely at him. “For me? Just this once? Please?”

Inuyasha turned his back on her. “Forget it. I don't wear shoes and that's final.” He didn't want to see her coddle him into accepting what she wanted.

“Inuyasha---” He cringed at the sound of steel in her voice. She tapped a foot. “We're not going to a formal function with a bunch of royalty with you bare foot.”

Inuyasha whirled around, shoving his face into hers. He said, “No. You can go but I'll stay here, then. I won't wear any fucking shoes, got it?”

Kagome stared him down. She then turned around, her arms crossed across her chest. In a calm voice, she said,“Sit boy.” He crashed down, slamming into the floor.

He growled. Before he could get up after the spell wore off, he felt Kagome straddle his naked backside. He glanced over his shoulder, noticing that she wasn't even facing towards his front. He squirmed when he felt her slide a shoe onto his foot. Kicking to keep her away from getting the other one on, he groaned when she said, “Sit boy.” The other shoe was slid on and she got off. “There, now is that so bad?”

Inuyasha pushed himself up off the floor. He instantly kicked the shoes off his feet. He shouted, “Damn it, wench. What the fuck did you do that for?”

Kagome kept her expression calm. He felt as if she had practiced Sesshomaru's mannerisms. She said, “Don't make me do it again.”

Inuyasha snorted. “Like to see you try.”

“Sit boy.” She retrieved the shoes and straddled his hips again.

Inuyasha struggled against the spell and her weight on his backside. He shouted, “You're not going to get away with this! I won't wear the stupid fucking shoes. I don't care what you say.”

Kagome slid one shoe onto a foot. “Sit boy.” Even her voice sounded emotionless.

Inuyasha kicked as soon as the spell wore off and Kagome gripped his flailing leg. Finally her calm exterior broke and she shouted, “You're going to wear these shoes if I have to nail them to your feet! Don't be so stubborn!”

Inuyasha kicked again, trying to dislodge her. He said, “Oh yeah? If you don't forget, I'm the half-demon here.”

“Sit boy! You're such a jerk!” She shoved the other shoe onto his foot and he growled.

“Damn it! Watch what you're doing back there.” He clenched his hands into fists. “Kagome, you're so going to pay for this!”

“Sit boy!” She had him pinned to the floor. “I don't care what you say. You're wearing these shoes! Do you hear me? You better wear these shoes or I'll sit you until you go through this floor.”

He slammed down into the ground again and felt her adjust the shoes on his feet. He wanted to kick but the spell wouldn't allow it. He grunted. “Fuck! Don't twist so much. That hurts!”

“If you would just wear the stupid shoes and not force me to do this it wouldn't hurt!” He finally could kick and she said, “Stop kicking or I'll say 'it again. I mean it.” She remained sitting on him. “Are you going to keep them on if I get off?”

“Fuck no, woman.” He tried to glance over his shoulder at her but only caught a glimpse of gray fabric. “I told you already, I ain't wearing the fucking shoes.”

“Quit swearing at me.” She bounced on his backside before pinning his legs down with her hands. “I'm not letting you up until you promise to keep these shoes on.”

“Fuck you. I'm not wearing them. You can't sit on me forever, wench.” He tried to buck his hips upwards to dislodge her. She didn't let go, gripping his hips to pin him down to the floor.

“Sit boy.” She crossed her arms. “I mean it, Inuyasha. You're not going to this fancy dinner bare foot. If I have to get dressed up, you're going to at least wear some shoes!”

“I'm naked here! What about clothes!” Inuyasha tried to roll over as the spell finally wore off but Kagome wouldn't budge.

“They're getting cleaned right now. Now say you'll wear the damn shoes, already!” Kagome pinned his legs together when he tried to kick. “You can be so stubborn sometimes!”

“Look who's talking.”

“What is all this shouting in here? It sounds like a Camaar fisherman and his wife warring in here.” Garion stood in the doorway. “Is everyone alright?” He blushed when he saw what was going on. “I'm sorry. I didn't know.” He turned around, averting his eyes.

Kagome jumped, turning around. She didn't get off Inuyasha, however. Inuyasha looked up, noticing that behind Garion stood the little thief, Sango, Miroku, Shippo, and even Sesshomaru. They all looked in with curiosity. He collapsed down onto the floor. “Good job, Kagome.”

The rat faced man said, “I know I don't know much about half-demon anatomy, but to do that shouldn't he be facing up and she not be so fully clothed?”

Miroku laughed. “You'd think so, I suppose.”

Kagome leapt off of Inuyasha. She said in a rushed voice, “It's not what it looks like! Honestly.”

Miroku smirked. “Sure it isn't. I suppose we should leave them alone. They're obviously occupied.”

Inuyasha sat up when the spell finally wore off and pulled one of the pillows off the bed to cover himself. He blushed the same color as his fire rat. Momentarily he forgot about the shoes on his feet, more concerned with his nudity. Inuyasha let his ears droop. He had been comfortably lounging and the next thing he knew he had been sat more times than he could count and had everyone staring at him.

Sango smacked Miroku in the head. She glared at him. “Shut it, monk.” She hid a laugh behind her hand, however, that contradicted her statement.

Inuyasha glared at him. “Shut up, monk. Don't make me kick your ass.” He reached down to his feet, yanking the shoes off his feet. He chucked one towards the far wall.

Kagome threw her hands up in exasperation. “I give up. Go bare naked for all I care.”

“Finally!” Inuyasha glared in her direction. “Don't ever shove those things onto my feet again.”

Sesshomaru cleared his throat. “Little brother, might you cover yourself.”

Inuyasha looked down, realizing the pillow had shifted off him. He blushed another shade of red. Pulling the pillow back in place, he stood. Inuyasha shouted at the group, “Get out! Get the fuck out everyone!” He chucked the remaining shoe at the door frame, causing them to scatter. Crossing his arms, he glared at the door frame.

Silk remarked to Miroku as they exited, “I still say he should have been facing up for that to work.” He quickly left when Inuyasha shook a fist in his direction.

Inuyasha's gaze shifted towards Kagome as she bent over in the corner he had tossed the first shoe. She sighed. Inuyasha cast the pillow aside, pulling her to him. She said, “Inuyasha, let go. I have to put these shoes back and go get ready. We wasted so much time fighting.”

Inuyasha licked her mark. He said, “You know, I should punish you for what you did.” He wrapped his arms around her tighter.

“Not now.” A knock came to the door and Kagome sighed. She slipped out of his grasp and opened the door. The servant from earlier stood on the other side. He handed her the cleaned fire rat and undershirt and bowed before exiting. Kagome turned around, tossing his clothes at him. “I have to go and get ready. I expect you'll be dressed when I return.”

Inuyasha caught his clothes. “Yeah, whatever. You still owe me.” He stuck his bottom lip out in a pout as he watched her disappear out the door without even replying.