Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ 2Many Spoilers ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
THREE

“Nichol, are you okay?” asked the voice very close to my face. I resisted the urge to sit up suddenly and opened my eyes. I cast heal and felt my cracked skull and concussion fade. The girl above me was blue eyed, brown haired, and had an X scar on her forehead.

“Katarina?” I checked.

“Good, you remember my name. How many fingers am I holding up?” she asked. I blinked.

“You aren’t holding up any fingers.” She blinked at this dry assessment. Then blinked again when she realized I was right.

I explored the mind and soul of Nichol Ascart. Wind magic. Interesting. That didn’t exist in Skyrim. And he didn’t know heal or flame or spark before, but he did now. I wonder what he would do with the ability to help other people and was no longer limited to a single element for his spells?

“What part of Japan are you from,” I asked her in Japanese. My sister gasped. Oh, she was from Katarina’s class. Besties.

“Nichol?” they each asked me.

“Mostly. What year was it when you died?” I asked her. She pondered a while.

“2020.”

“My future then. Anything interesting to report?”

“Umm. There was this plague that hit the whole world,” she admitted. “They closed the schools and universities and everybody had to wear masks.”

“Did the plague get you?” I asked.

“Umm. No. I was hit by a truck crossing the street,” Katarina admitted.

“Truk-kun strikes again. You wouldn’t believe how many Isekais start that way.”

“I got the plague,” said my sister.

“It was probably at your funeral. Two days later I was in ICU and they put me on the breather, and nobody who goes on the breather ever lives.”

“So no idea if the plague caused zombies or the end of the world?” I asked. They both shrugged.

“Umm, how did you die?” asked Katarina.

“Not dead. ROB sent me here and elsewhere. I leave when I sleep. Jump to the next body.”

“Oh. That sounds… awful. Won’t you go crazy from sleep deprivation?” asked Sofia.

“Nah. I go to the next sleeping body so I wake up with a good nights rest most times. I’ve been to Evangelion and RWBY and Skyrim. And here. You want to give me the address of your parents so I can give them a short message? You seem to have landed on your feet at least.”

“So… um, what’s your name. When you’re at home,” asked Katarina finally.

“Hikigaya Hachiman,” I said. I saw their expressions.

“What?”

“We both read SNAFU. And saw the anime. Who did you end up choosing? I couldn’t believe that ending,” said Katarina. Sofia nodded equally emotional.

“Umm, what?”

“Your story is a popular anime and series of books. You’re… fictional,” they said.

“Wait wait wait. I’m writing a memoir of my actual life with SNAFU in the title. I’m the author,” I finally corrected them.

“Ah, well, why didn’t you introduce yourself properly, Mr. Watari?” they said. Ugh. That was one of the pen names I’d been considering.

“That’s a pen name. I’m not done writing it. It’s still 2011 where I’m from.”

“Well, then you’re close to done and will be published before the end of the year. So who did you choose in the real world?”

“Umm. Honestly?” I asked, looking between my sister and the heroine of this particular story.

I wasn’t ready to tell them yet. I really wasn’t.

 

++++++++++

 

I must have fainted back then because I soon awoke to a warm body beside me and a familiar smell. Pyrrha was really lovely. I pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. She ummed at me in her sleep. I looked around and noted the wall across the room and the closed door. Good. Some privacy. There were posters on the wall, and weapon racks, and a TV set. There were also some pillows on the floor, from what I could see. And a ring on my finger that matched the one on hers. Good for you Jaune. She’s a catch if you can keep her alive. Ozpin might be pissed, but his war was really his problem and should stop involving other victims. I flexed my soul and felt my aura come to my skin and spread out onto Pyrrha and cover her body. Interesting effect.

“I love you, Pyrrha,” said to her quietly. She hummed quietly asleep. I carefully got out of bed and went to the team bathroom to shower, shave, and get properly dressed. I crept out with my sword on my belt and my family armor on my chest. I went to the tower and buzzed the elevator for Ozpin’s floor. It didn’t move. I hit the close door button.

“Its about Amber. I have something I can do to help. Might change this game for you.” The elevator rose and opened to a largely dark office with all those planets and gears spinning around.

“Ah, Mister Arc. And where did you hear that name?” he asked, a degree of menace in his voice. He was holding his cane, the rod of power or whatever he called it. It was a mage’s staff.

“Not as important as this,” I said, casting heal on myself. He pursed his lips and lowered his glasses.

“Interesting. Where did you get such a skill?” he asked. He peered at my more carefully. “More importantly, who are you?”

“Just a traveler. I’ve got a version that works on other people too. May I?” I asked him, pointing at him. He considered. Cast something on himself and gestured to proceed. I cast Heal Other on him for a few seconds.

“Interesting. How long can you hold that?” he asked.

“About a minute in my other bodies. I’ll get better in time. I can do it again after I’ve rested a little while. How bad is she hurt?”

“Other bodies?” asked Ozpin, with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, you thought your trick was unique. ROBs love this gimmick. Every time I sleep.”

“So Jaune is still in there?” he asked.

“Yeah, he’ll be back later. Thanks for not interfering with Pyrhha. This world has too much tragedy as it is. She deserves better.”

“And that means?”

“Jaune. And a life. She was slated to die in a few weeks when the Vytal Festival gets here. By the way, the fire controller woman Cinder Fall? She and her two henches work for your ex-wife. The girls makes illusions for one person at a time. Don’t let them on campus. And Shade Academy is in enemy hands. Lionheart turned on you. He’s been murdering huntsmen with ambush quests. But enough about current events. Lets go see Amber,” I dropped all those grenades of truth in his lap and stepped back into the elevator. The Great and Terrible Oz stood there a bit longer before joining me, with a very odd expression on his face.

“How do you know all this?” he finally said, as we dropped through the floors and then the sub basements and deep into the bedrock before slowing to a stop.

“Eh. You’re entertainment where I’m from, originally.”

“Are you an ROB?” he asked, evidently knowing the term.

“Nope. Just a high school student.”

We exited the elevator into a vaulted hall, obviously thousands of years old and built to last. We walked the length of the hall to the end where we found a power unit, a life support module and the Fall Maiden looking very unwell. On the verge of death. I cast Healing Hands on her and waited for my mana to drop. It just kept going. Ah, the famous Arc family power. So I kept it up. Ozpin checked his pocketwatch and then checked it again. Amber’s eyes opened after around the seven minute mark. Healing her required a lot of mana. She was really messed up. Some kind of orange thing pulled in from elsewhere and drew into her body and she arched up.

“Well. That worked better than expected,” Ozpin said. He pushed some buttons on the side of the medical pod and the door opened. Amber looked at her hand, both eyes restored, skin without scarring.

“It’s a useful spell, costs less than a car would here, though you have to pay in gold so maybe it’s more about the same price as a car? Less than a house at least,” I muttered to myself. 

“Thank you!” gasped Amber lunging face first lips parted for a big wet sloppy kiss. I dodged.

“Sorry miss. I’m married. Just married. Totally understand you’re grateful, and you’re welcome and all.” She blushed really hard at this point.

“There was this one show where I’m from, called Buffy the Vampire Slayer. One girl in all the world. And that one girl kept getting killed and power would go somewhere else, some new girl. Thing is, the girl in that show had friends and she was the oldest living slayer because of the help. Maybe Amber could use a team to help her fight crime and keep her from feeling so lonely?”

“Who did you have in mind?” asked Ozpin.

“Team CRDL has a lot of time on their hands, and would benefit from some field work, and having a strong woman around might temper their… tendencies.”

“I’ll take that under… advisement. Please show yourself out. I have much to discuss with Amber,” said Ozpin.

“Don’t get handsy, old man. She’s a maiden, with all that means,” I pointed out. They both stared at me, her blushing, him glaring. I threw my hands up in the air.

“I’m going. I’m going. Sheesh.”

The elevator ride up was peaceful and I watch the sun rise over Remnant, wondering what would change. I yawned. Go find Pyrrha. Celebrate this victory.

We skipped class that morning. It was a nice celebration. I even got a nap afterwards.