Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ A Farewell To Arms ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
EIGHT

 

Something was terribly wrong.

I surged awake and rolled for my shield and sword. The room was empty. I was in the school for hunters on RWBY. There were screams, rising and many. There was gunfire. There were engines. A flash lit the sky and a building across the way lost a dorm room, hopefully empty. Airships and robots were firing on the city, and the sky swarmed with flying monsters. This was very not good.

I yanked on my armor and tightened it properly, then sprinted for the stairs, heading for the ground level.

“Ozma. You ass,” I swore. The robots were hacked, which meant he hadn’t bothered to apply basic security to the transmission towers, much less put in guards to stop infiltration or inputting a virus.

Exiting to the courtyard I slashed a robots knee from behind before it could execute a classmate. I fell and I dodged past, letting them finish it off. There were beowolf packs swarming and a certain sunglass wearing oneesan whipped out her purse and hosed them down… because the purse was a minigun. Everything in RWBY is a gun. Except my sword and shield, but they didn’t realize this was an epic weapon set. I dashed like a Paladin and smote the back of the nearest one, energy of the impact bursting into holy light in a cross shape. The animal shrieked and just died into vapor, as did three more of its fellows at the cardinal points. Jaune had the Arc moves, finally. Let’s hear it for family magic.

I heard a scream and knew the voice. It was Ruby’s sister. I ran and saw her arm… lying on the ground. That brute of a bull-man was roaring with murder lust while Blake, no ribbon, screamed. I shouted and charged. He turned from impending murder of his ex-girlfriend.

“So another friend to interfere. Another death to add to your list, Blake?” Adam taunted behind his mask. He cocked his blade and it began to glow in red light, the metal turning black and smoky. I charged and bucked my shield to meet his swing, the unstoppable swing of his skill. It clanged hard on the god-blessed metal, stopping, and my white blade darted forward flat and swift as Pyrrha had taught me, through his jerkin, between the ribs and into the heart, then back again. His eyes were wide with shock and then just went out and he dropped like a sack of meat. I stared for a second longer, and took his head off with a swift chop. Because you always take the heads. Blake screamed again.

I looked around and found the golden banded arm on the ground. I lifted it gently. The cut was very clean.

“Hold out your arm,” I told Yang. She was still cradling the wound to her chest. I adjusted the position until it felt right and cast Heal Other. There was a long moment and then the severed flesh rejoined her body. I kept this up another minute and she wiggled her fingers. Another minute and it was done. Blake’s makeup was a mess, her face in awe.

“Pick better boyfriends,” I suggested. “Where is Pyrrha? Where is my wife?” There was a terrible scream and brilliant flash of white on the top of the transmission tower. A huge dragon crouched over it turned to stone.

“Oh no. I’m too late.”

And I was. The elevator to the top was deadly slow, and I found Ruby passed out, Cinder Fall gone, and Pyrrha’s weapons and tiara, and a pile of ashes gently blowing in the wind.

“Jauney?” said Yang, cradling her sister, realizing what we saw before us.

“She was a hero, right to the end. She just wasn’t strong enough to defeat evil. And now our child will never be born.” I broke down.