Crossover Fan Fiction / Neon Genesis Evangelion Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ Reason And Accountability ❯ Home Again ( Chapter 15 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
FOURTEEN

 

“Oniisan, oniisan! Are you you again?” questioned Komachi.

“Ah, Komachi. I missed you. It’s been a rough few days. Has my body been weird?” I asked her.

“Do you know about my book?” I asked her.

“That thing? Is this about your book?” she asked, looking confused. I looked at her ahoge. It was very big, but not unreal.

“I actually visited my book. Anime hair colors are really weird because you don’t notice them and they look perfectly normal,” I explained.

“That is really weird, niisan. I wanted help with my homework but you’ve been a bunch of weird people, including several girls. The last one didn’t even speak Japanese.”

“Ah yeah. I’ve had to practice English in my travels, too. Sorry. This is very random and involuntary. I cured blindness for a Chinese girl flying on the back of a buffalo.”

“That is one of the weirdest things you’ve said to me in year. Are you sure you cured your Chuunibyo, Niisan? Well, at least you aren’t just dreaming. Whoever you replace turns up here. You have a lot of sick day homework to do, and we have school tomorrow. It’s Sunday. You better get working or your teachers are going to ask for a parent teacher conference,” Komachi warned.

I hugged my sister and organized the assignments. I sighed, and got started with homework. Not too terrible. Several essays and reading assignments. Entire sheets of math problems building from the work I’d done up to the point of my first sleepwalking incident. It was most of the day, doing homework. Komachi had done my laundry, and I put my novel collection back in order. It looks like my visitors had been reading. I created a guest user account on my laptop so they could surf the internet without messing up my files, and written instructions on that taped to the desk so they’d see it. The things you can adapt to when you have to.

I helped cook dinner for the family, mom looking exhausted and Dad had his eyes on some baseball game, a rare beer in hand. Good for him. My parents work too much. I wasn’t exaggerating that in my book either. I really did raise my little sister. This skill of looking after a household and a rambunctious child is why my character insisted he wanted to be a househusband, or had anyway. I’d changed that in the visit I made into my own setting. It is really weird to be there and see it, warts and all. The girls were too pretty. The characters were kind of extreme. I wondered if I’d be there again, next.