Crossover Fan Fiction / Saiyuki Fan Fiction / Slayers Fan Fiction ❯ Paper Crisis ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Paper Crisis

“Oh, Xellos? Where are you? GET OUT HERE BEFORE I TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB!!!” Lina Inverse screamed from outdoors.
Everybody looked at Xellos. “What did you do this time?” Son Goku asked.
“Oh, nothing too serious…” Xellos trailed off.
“Did you leave a mess in her bathroom? Or go through all of her belongings?! Oh no, you read her diary?!” Nami exclaimed.
“No no, like I said, it wasn’t anything too serious…I just threw out some things of hers.”
“Like what?”
He vanished just as Lina entered the room. “XELLOS!!! GET HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU!!!”
“That’s a rather enticing invitation, but no thanks,” Xellos’ voice echoed throughout the whole house.
She heavily sat on a seat with an aura that told everyone ‘I’ll fireball you if you even think about talking to me’.
“Say, let’s go outside, it’s such a nice day,” Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun suggested as she lead everybody outside.
‘Xellos, how dare you touch my belongings!’

“Whatever Xellos threw out must’ve been something really important to Lina if she’s that steamed,” Lirin commented. “She even frightened Baldy Sanzo.”
‘She frightened who?’ Genjo Sanzo thought to himself after hearing Lirin’s comment.
“I wonder what he did throw out,” Dearka Elsmann pondered.
Everybody turned to Cho Hakkai who was able to speak to the mysterious priest better than anybody else could. He sighed. “Alright, I’ll try to talk to him.” He headed off to a secluded part of the garden.

“Okay, Xellos, please make your presence known to me.”
Xellos appeared and stood in front of the demon. “Is something wrong?”
“What exactly did you throw out to make Miss Inverse so steamed?”
“Like I said, it wasn’t anything important, just some pieces of paper with some writing on them. You see, I was cleaning out Lina’s bedroom to surprise her and I came across a pile of old papers. Those really cluttered up the room, so I decided it would be a good idea to throw them out.” Xellos was always open to Hakkai, in exchange, the monster would be able to devour Hakkai’s negative energy when it was raining.
“Did you ever consider that those papers might have had something important on them?”
“Like what?”
“Maybe some notes on different spells or they might’ve been letters from home.”
“Letters from home? Oh, you mean Luna sent them?”
“Luna?”
“Lina’s older sister.”
“At any rate, I think you should get those papers back or we’ll all be victims of Miss Inverse’s infamous Dragon Slave spell.”
“That’s a good idea. However…”
“What else did you do?”
“They wouldn’t fit in the bin as full sheets of paper so I…shredded them.”
“No wonder Miss Inverse is so angry with you! We might need Orphen’s help.”
“Orphen?”
“He can use a restoration spell on the papers and what you need will restore itself in a flash.”
“I guess we can give him a try. But, I haven’t seen him for a while.”
“He’s here, just keeps on hiding to practice in solitude, that’s all.”

Orphen was just lazing around when he heard a voice from above him. His eyes snapped open and there he saw Xellos and Hakkai.
“Yep, he’s practicing in solitude alright,” Xellos remarked.
Orphen sat up and stretched. “Didn’t you know that sorcerers are notoriously lazy?” he asked with a yawn.
“Of course I knew, with your magic, you can do a lot without having to lift a finger. But, right now we need your help.”
“What did you do this time?”
“Oh come on, I don’t get into mischief all the time.”
‘Yes you do,’ both Hakkai and Orphen thought.
“Anyway, it was no big deal. I was cleaning out Lina’s room for her and came across some papers. I shredded them and threw them out. Right now, she wants to kill me. Hakkai believes that they might’ve been important to Lina.”
“Long story short, we need your help in restoring the papers, Orphen,” Hakkai added.
Orphen ran a hand through his brown hair and sighed. “Alright, I’ll do it, but only so Lina won’t fry the rest of us. Xellos should get what he deserves. Take me to the bin they’re in.”
“Sure. You can teleport, right?” Xellos asked.
“Of course I can.”
“The bin is on the east side of the house.”
“Right.”
The three of them teleported, Hakkai doing so with Xellos’ help.

Orphen sweatdropped when he saw all of the shredded pieces of paper. “How many did you shred?”
“Hmm…about fifty I suppose.”
More sweatdrops. “And you want me to restore all of them?”
“It would be great if you could,” Hakkai stated.
He sighed. “Alright then. Put all of the papers into a single pile, don’t miss any or the spell won’t work.”
The monster and demon fished out all of the shredded pieces of paper and put them on the ground in front of Orphen. Xellos then created a barrier around all three of them so the papers wouldn’t get blown away.
“Here goes. I call upon the power of light!” He summoned up the energy. “Restore to your true form!”
Hakkai watched in awe as the papers were restored one by one. To Xellos it wasn’t a big deal.
The last paper was completed. “There. That’s all of them.”
Hakkai helped pick up the papers and handed them to Xellos as the barrier was dropped. “Now you can give these to Miss Inverse and apologise for shredding them earlier.”
Xellos nodded and teleported.

Lina prepared a fireball as she saw Xellos was standing in front of her. “What do you want?”
“Um, here are your papers…”
She smiled as she accepted the papers.
“I apologise for shredding the papers without realising how important they were to you.”
“Well, only two or three are. I was just pissed that I couldn’t destroy them myself.”
Hakkai and Orphen who had arrived on the scene to make sure all was well…simply
facefaulted as they saw Lina go through her papers and burn the least important ones into ashes.
All that for nothing! “Well, I’m glad you’re happy, Lina.”

The End

That fic was one of my silliest, and I’ve decided to share it with you. I enjoy writing crossovers as if all of the characters are all one big, not-always-happy family. The characters in this are NOT owned by me. They are owned by the following people…
Lina and Luna Inverse, Xellos Metallium, Amelia Wil Tesla Seyruun (Slayers)-Hajime Kanzaka
Nami (One Piece)-Eiichiro Oda
Genjo Sanzo, Cho Hakkai, Lirin (Saiyuki)-Kazuya Minekura
Dearka Elsmann (Gundam SEED)-Hajime Yatate and Yoshiyuki Tomino
Orphen (Sorcerous Stabber Orphen)-Yoshinobu Akita
There we have it! Thanks for reading. Please be so kind as to review and not flame. Constructive criticism would be most helpful and is very much welcome.