Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ All Star DM ❯ Preview show ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

All star DM
This is an unofficial fanfic and therefore not endorsed or supported by Square Enix (Final fantasy), CLAMP (Cardcaptors\ Cardcaptor Sakura), Nintendo (Pokemon), Konami (Yugioh), Fuji TV\Tokei (Digimon), Marathon (Totally Spies) or Tecmo\ Teamninja (Dead or alive). Phew, that's a big list, isn't it!
 
This fanfic is done TV style. You will be reading it as if you were watching it as a TV program. Make up your own intro screen if you wish!
 
There will also be a few made-up cards; these will be show in bold text.
Preview show
After the intro is played, the camera turns to a panoramic view of city where the contest is going to be played in, Birmingham, UK.
 
George Ross: Birmingham, second biggest city of the United Kingdom and site of the first ever all-star Duel Monsters tournament. The stage is in the National Indoor Arena or NIA. The NIA has been used for concerts, shows, tennis matches and even for a now defunct television program, which the tournament will be based, right in the very hall of the former TV show Gladiators.
 
The cameras now show the arena, it is very large with a holographic duelling console (like the ones in the first season of yugioh) in the centre. Seating is on the edges with a sponsor's board separating it from the duelling stage.
 
George Ross: It has now been turned into the biggest duelling arena in Europe, 1 thousand people will be there every day to see 16 duellists battle for the visitors and fans amusement.
 
The cameras now go back to the studio, it is all blue with a steel coffee table in the middle, and blue chairs (one to the left and two to the right of the coffee table). The camera soon turns to George Ross, A man in his 40s with short brown hair and brown eyes and wearing a blue top and black trousers.
 
George Ross: Hello I'm George Ross and welcome to the first All-star Duel monsters tournament. This is a Duel monster tournament, as you have never seen it before. We have 16 duellists from very different backgrounds, 15 of them have never even been in the tournament circuit before! They are all here to compete for pride and country and that's all.
 
George Ross: Before we show those 16 to you, let me introduce you to the team who will be covering the tournament for you. Joining me for ever match…
 
The camera switches to two men, one of them in his 30s with brown hair and brown eyes, but styled in a more rough appearance and wearing a grey shirt and trousers. The other has short brown hair and blue eyes and is in a blue suit.
 
George Ross:… Joe Bondes, our pundit of the tournament and Seto Kabia, CEO of Kabia Corp and Veteran Duellist.
 
Joe: Hello
 
George Ross: And our commentators, who will be commentating on every match of the tournament…
 
The cameras go live to the NIA and to the commentary box of the ASDM (All-star Duel Monsters) arena. There are two men there, one in his 30s with dark hair and hazel eyes and one in his teens with dirty blond hair.
 
George Ross: Brad Besets and Veteran duellist, Joey Wheeler.
 
Brad and Joey: Hi there!
 
Seto sighs at the fact Joey is in the commentary box.
 
George Ross: But first, lets show you who will be competing in the first ASDM, here is Joe with the low-down.
 
The report is played, with the header “The lowdown”
The lowdown
Joe: There are 16 players who will square off in a standard knockout tournament. Standard rules apply with 8000 life points to start off at.
 
The first profile (together with picture) is then shown:
 
Ayane
Nationality: Japan
From: DOA
Duelling style: Femme
Signature cards: Ritual of swords, Shadow of eyes.
 
Joe: Ayane is the mystique, feisty femme fatale of tournament who seems to amply girl power in any direction. Yet no one knows just who she is.
 
Next profile shown:
 
Bella
 
Nationality: USA
From: Original creation
Duelling style: Femme, control
Signature cards: Mesmeric control, Shadow of eyes.
 
(Bella is a stunning woman with long blond hair and deep blue eyes. She wears a green sparkly dress with silver star embroidery. She has green glittered nails and green glittered shoes.)
Joe: Bella is an upcoming movie star who has gone off to a flying star in her career, yet some suggest blackmail and manipulation had something to do with it.
 
Ryu Hayabusha
 
Nationality: Japan
From: DOA
Dueling style: Air, warrior
Signature cards: Armed ninja, Hero of the east
 
Joe: Yet another duellist that we can't make heads or tails on.
 
Jesse
 
Nationality: Japan
From: Pokemon
Dueling style: Power cards
Signature cards: Change of heart, Snatch Steal
 
Joe: The black sheep of Japan. Jesse has been charged numerous times for robbery so the tournament officials will be keeping a very sharp eye on her.
 
Judy Fenters
 
Nationality: UK
From: Original creation
Duelling style: Magic
Signature cards: Magician of faith, the stern mystic
 
(Judy is a middle-aged gypsy with short brown hair and brown eyes. She wears earrings, a medallion, bracelets and several jewelled rings. She wears a purple gypsy dress.)
 
Joe: Judy has been known to be a fortuneteller to many people and from the looks of the signature cards she is going to rely on the number of cards in her hand and her opponent's hand.
 
Kari Kamiya
 
Nationality: Japan
From: Digimon
Duelling style: Holy
Signature cards: Gyakutenno Megami, Messenger of Peace
 
Joe: A selfless and kind girl, her determination is hampered only by her lack of confidence when facing her fears.
 
Kasumi
 
Nationality: Japan
From: DOA
Duelling style: Holy, Nature, and Water
Signature cards: Enchanting mermaid, Wood nymph
 
Joe: One of the cutest contenders and also one of the kindest, don't let that fool you though for she can be strong when needed.
 
Li Shoron
 
Nationality: China
From: Cardcaptors
Duelling style: Element
Signature cards: Dark magician, Dark magician girl
 
Joe: The only contender from China to compete in the tournament. Don't throw a joke book at him, as this humourless swordsman\ sorcerer will show you your place.
 
Madison Taylor
 
Nationality: Japan
From: Cardcaptors
Duelling style: Fey, Machine, information
Signature cards: Eye of truth, Appropriate
 
Joe: A child prodigy, a little genius who has built the most unique deck known in the tournament. A mixture of machinery and fey cards
 
Michael Morpan
 
Nationality: UK
From: Original creation
Duelling style: Various
Signature cards: Judge man, Gyakutenno Megami
 
Joe: The local contender of the tournament, this loveable vigilante is a keen and cautious tactician who delivers damage to his opponent as quickly as possible.
 
Ringmistress
 
Nationality: UK
From: Original creation
Duelling style: Beast, Femme, control
Signature cards: Beautiful Head huntress, Shadow of eyes
 
(The Ringmistress has long blond hair in a pony tail and deep dark brown eyes, a red ringmaster like outfit and hat, red nails and black, gold studded boots. She has fishnets covering her thighs and holds a black rod that contained a mystical crystal on top.)
 
Joe: The former owner of a circus, this mysterious woman prides on the hunt and control of her duels.
 
Romera
 
Nationality: UK
From: Original creation
Duelling style: Femme, information
Signature cards: Eye of truth, Harpie's feather duster.
 
(She has medium brown hair and deep brown eyes; she has red lips and a small spot on the bottom right by her lips. She wears a leopard skin top concealed by her black jacket and trousers. She wears a beautiful necklace with rows of diamonds, lots of beautiful rings and red nails. She wears black shoes and looked very sexy.)
 
Joe: A very bubbly aristocrat, this contender relies on gathering information and disarming possible threats.
 
Sakura Avalon
 
Nationality: Japan
From: Cardcaptors
Duelling style: Fey, Magic
Signature cards: Neo the magic swordsman, Gyakutenno Megami
 
Joe: An ecstatic, caring and athletic girl who is liked by many in this tournament.
 
Sam
 
Nationality: USA
From: Totally spies
Duelling style: Machine, information
Signature cards: Genin, Time machine
 
Joe: This high school genius is a master of tactics, she is also rumoured to be part of an espionage group.
 
Yugi Motou
 
Nationality: Japan
From: Yugioh
Duelling style: Various
Signature cards: Dark magician, Mirror force
 
Joe: The legendary duellist known for his victories and turnarounds in battle, not to mention effective usage of every card in his deck.
 
Yuna
 
Nationality: Japan
From: Final fantasy (though the character will be based on the Morpan series version)
Duelling style: Fey, Holy, Element
Signature cards:Zion's fury,Guardian angel ritual
 
Joe: A beautiful and warm woman who seems to have quite an effect on Michael Morpan.
 
Joe: And that's the low-down
 
The report ends and the show goes back to the studio
George Ross: So that's your 16 contenders, all of them hoping to win the first ASDM here in Birmingham. Quite a mixed selection isn't it Joe?
 
Joe: Indeed, as you pointed out we have 15 players who haven't even entered a competition yet but they have learnt quickly all the tricks and trades of the game.
 
Seto: If you ask me what we are seeing is 15 rookies going up against one another and the veteran Yugi. Yugi will be the winner before the contest begins.
 
George Ross: Well, this isn't your standard DM tournament Kabia so you might be surprised.
 
Seto: I don't need to be surprised.
 
George Ross: Anyone to look out for…
 
Joe: Well there are many players to look out for, first off Ayane and Kasumi. They are both rivals in the DOA tournaments so we will be seeing the same effect here. Watch out for their signature cards, both of which and turn the odds to their favour. First there is Ayane's Shadow of eyes, attached to a female monster it can force any male monster to attack it. This can be used to force monsters to be destroyed or activate any of her traps. Then there is Kasumi's wood nymph, a very special card this is, its attack and defence points are only to defend itself as its main purpose is to enchant male monsters or defend a male monster from monsters from control cards like change of heart or shadow of eyes. The enchant stuns the monster for 2 turns and if the wood nymph is not destroyed then the monster goes to opposite side permanently.
 
Seto: Kasumi might be able to win the opponents deck is full of male monsters but otherwise she is good as nothing.
 
Joe: Next up, Li, Madison and Sakura. These three are best of friends and if my sources are correct Sakura is a sorceress. Either way, their fighting styles are different. Li relies on elemental cards, Madison's is a mixture of machinery and fey while Sakura's are fey and magic class cards.
 
Joe: Finally there is Yuna; she is a friend of Michael Morpan, who is the local player of Birmingham. Anyway, Yuna's signature cards are extra special. One is Zion's fury, which resets her life points to 8000 and the Guardian Angel ritual, which requires 5 cards from the discard pile to summon but the effects are worth it as its attack power is equal to Exoda.
 
Seto: Yuna may be the only threat to Yugi as from the looks of things the rest are…
 
George Ross: I will have to interrupt you there, as the draw is about to take place. Lets hand you over to Brad and Joey for the coverage.
The camera goes to the NIA in a special function room. There the 16 players are sat near to a lottery like machine. Two representatives stand by the machine.
 
Brad: Thanks George, well the first round draws are about to be unveiled. Joey, do you have any opening thoughts about this.
 
Joey: Yeah, there are 12 girls here, that's…
 
Brad punches Joey in the face.
 
Brad: Is the first punch to can your sexual garbage.
 
The reps begin the draw
 
Representative 2: Welcome ladies and gentleman to the first ASDM tournament, we will now be drawing the first round fixtures. Please look on the board for your draw number.
 
Brad: I have them here they are:
1-Ayane
2-Bella
3-Hayabusha
4-Jesse
5-Judy fenters
6-Kari
7-Kasumi
8-Li
9-Madison
10-Michael Morpan
11-Ringmistress
12-Romera
13-Sakura
14-Sam
15-Yugi
16-Yuna
 
The second representative starts the machine.
 
Rep 1: All balls have been checked to ensure fair play. The decisions made are final. So the first match is between…
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
Rep 1: Number 1- Ayane versus
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 9 - Madison Taylor
 
Brad: So that is Ayane versus Madison for the first match, an all Japanese match.
 
Rep 1: The second match is between…
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 2 - Bella versus
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 10- Michael Morpan
 
Brad: Bella V Michael Morpan, USA Vs UK.
 
Rep 1: The third match is between…
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 3- Hayabusha versus
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 11- Ringmistress
 
Brad: A UK Vs Japan match between the Ringmistress and Hayabusha
 
Rep 1: The forth match is between…
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 4- Jesse versus
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 12- Romera
 
Joey: That's the second UK Vs Japan match up. Jesse Vs Romera
Rep 1: The fifth match is between
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 5- Judy fenters versus
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 13- Sakura Avalon
 
Joey: THREE!! Judy Vs Sakura
 
Rep 1: The sixth match is between…
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 6- Kari Kamiya
 
Joey: I bet this is another UK Vs Japan match…
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 14- Sam
 
Brad: You are wrong, as it is Kari Vs Sam, Japan Vs USA.
 
Rep 1: The seventh match is between…
 
Brad: Kasumi, Yugi, Li and Yuna have yet to have their match ups, which means there will be one other all-Japan match.
 
The first ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1:Number 7-Kasumi versus…
 
The second ball drops into the container. The representative picks up the ball and shows it to the camera.
 
Rep 1: Number 15- Yugi Motou
 
Joey: All right, Yugi is squared up with that cute Kasumi
 
Brad punches Joey for the sexual garbage he had just said.
 
Rep 1: Which means Li shoron will face Yuna for the final match.
Brad: That is us done here, back to you in the studio.
 
George Ross: Thanks Brad, so confirmation of the draw:
Ayane V Madison
Bella V Michael
Hayabusha V Ringmistress
Jesse V Romera
Judy V Sakura
Kari V Sam
Kasumi V Yugi
Li V Yuna
 
George Ross: So what do you think about it Joe? Any particular favourites?
 
Joe: Well there are four matches worth looking out for. Jesse Vs Romera, Judy Vs Sakura, Kasumi Vs Yugi and Li Vs Yuna. Some real power battles in all four.
 
George Ross: And you Seto?
 
Seto: Kasumi may stand a chance against Yugi because parts of his cards are male monsters. If Kasumi draws her wood nymph at the right time then there may be an upset in the first round.
 
George Ross: Thank you both for both for coming on, well that's all about time for the preview show. Stay tuned for live coverage of the first match between Ayane & Madison. Until then I am George Ross, Goodnight!