Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ A YYH/YGO Fanfic (Aren't I creative with names?) ❯ The New Spirit Detective ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A YYH/YGO Fanfic
 
Please note: The characters from the shows are not mine; I'm just playing with them. ~The author
 
Mental Thought: `Well, in any case, I think I'll trust my instincts on this one, Youko. But don't you worry. I'll be just fine.' I went to the front of the school, just to relax a little bit, and heard something. Mental Thought: `What could that be…?' I went towards the noises, noting that they sounded like someone was fighting. As soon as I got there, I saw five youkai trying to hold one girl. She had short red hair, and bluish-green eyes. She jumped and round-house kicked one of them in the chin, causing him to lose his grip on her. Then, she turned and spin-punched another one. She was fighting hard, and when the first one went to get up, I ran over and knocked him out, doing the same to the others. Eventually, they were all knocked out, and she stood there, panting.
“Who are you?” she asked me, taking a battle stance. I held up my hands to show that I meant peace.
“You can call me Thunder. I'm human, so you've nothing to worry about.” I told her. She still looked untrusting, but got out of the stance.
“I'm Darian, Spirit Detective for Reikai. I'm here to speak with Yomi.” She said.
“Well, I'll see if I can find him. Come on.” I motioned for her to follow, and she did so, her eyes never leaving me. “So,” I started. “I thought Yuusuke was Spirit Detective. What happened?”
“He got fired because he was half-youkai.”
“Good enough. Did Koenma hire you because you died, or because you had lots of Spirit Energy?”
“Spirit Energy.”
“Ah,” I walked into the cafeteria, and saw Shura, sitting and drinking some green tea. “Yo, Shura.” I called. He looked up. “Know where I might find your dad?”
“I'm right here.” Yomi said, coming out of nowhere and scaring me half-to-death.
“YA!” I cried, jumping several yards to the left. He smirked.
“What is it you want, Spirit Detective?”
“I came to find out why you were here.”
“Oooh, I might have to sit in on this one. I've been wondering that myself.” I chimed in. Darian looked from him to me, as if wondering whether we were planning an assassination.
“Relax, Spirit Detective. She's on your side, though I wish she were on ours.”
“Keep dreamin' Yomi.” I said, lighting the fire in my eyes.
“Follow me. I know a place where we can keep this quiet.” He said, and we followed him into the band hall and inside a soundproof room. They sat in chairs, and I sat on my knees on the floor.
“Now, Yomi. You know that I can't let you stay in Ningenkai.” Darian said, never getting off-topic.
“Yes.”
“Tell me why you're here.”
“For food.” he answered simply. I stiffened.
“Let me guess.” I chimed. “You're going to eat the bodies of all who lose, while Dartz gets the soul.”
“Very good. Now then, Spirit Detective, it's time for you to leave.” Yomi rose, but I was faster (for once) and blocked the door.
“Wait. I have a feeling she's not done asking questions.” I said. He gave me that mild look for a moment, but then half-smiled.
“Anything else?” he asked.
“Yes… I want to know how Shuichi is.” she said, looking down as if worried.
“He is no longer present.”
“Yeah. Youko's out now, though I wish he weren't…” I said, muttering the last part. She looked up, shocked, and I moved out of Yomi's way, knowing that it was pointless to try and keep him. I looked at her, and she gave me a cold look that said `what are you lookin' at?'
“Tell me where he is.” she ordered.
“No.” I replied, and walked out. She followed me, and then pinned me up against the wall by my throat.
“Take me to him.” she growled. I glared at her, taking no notice of her tightening grip.
“If he wants to talk, he'll find you. I can't take you to him for two reasons: A) I don't like you, and B) he's mad at me right now, and I don't feel that you're worth the risk.” I said coldly. She looked really mad and dropped me, but still tried to punch me. I blocked, and, using Aikido, sent the energy back at her with twice the force. Taken by surprise, she could not block, and fell down, wounded. “That's all I have to say.” I said, walking out without another word.
I walked down the hallway, and heard several people practicing their dueling and trading cards to strengthen their deck. How I longed to join them! But Alister, Raphael, and Valon were in there, so I couldn't without revealing my entire deck.
I continued on, and decided to go ahead and train for my next fight, though I wasn't sure whom I was going up against. I walked into the boy's gym, and saw six guys sparring with each other. I recognized them immediately as Jin, Touya, Sazuka, Shishiwakamaru, Chu, and Rinku; I decided to just watch for a while, but unfortunately, Jin noticed me, and stopped sparring with Chu.
“Hey, Thunder, wasn't it? Wha'chya doin' here?” he asked.
“Oh, nothin'! Just thinking that I should probably get a little stronger for my next fight, just in case. I mean, after all, I did lose the first one.” I replied.
“You should probably heal a little more before you try that.” Touya, who had stopped his match with Sazuka, said logically.
“True, true. But I'd really like to be able to pose a threat at the very least.” I replied. They all (including Shishi and Rinku) looked at me expectantly. “So, uh, could you guys help me out?” I asked. Jin smiled hugely, and ran up to me.
“YES!!” he cried, dragging me over to spar with Chu. The others, instead of going back to sparring, all sat down close to the wall, watching with interest. Jin said that he would be the judge, and flew up, starting the match. I dodged Chu's attack, not even able to take a stance, and felt a searing pain in my stomach. I knew he'd punched me, and blocked two out of five. He threw me up in the air quickly, but I backflipped, having practiced a lot on my trampoline at home, and landed on my feet. I dodged another attack, and delivered a full-powered round-kick to his head. He flew back, surprised, and I took advantage, trying to punch him indirectly. He hit me multiple times, and I barely did any damage. Jin eventually stopped the match since we were both starting to get tired.
“Well, that was…fun.” I said through gasps for breath. Chu had hardly any marks or bruises, but looked like he was worn out.
“Well, you're definitely not lacking in stamina.” Shishi said.
“But you are lacking in most other things. Speed and strength mainly.” Rinku added.
“She's got power, though.” Chu said, rubbing the place where I'd kicked him multiple times. “And consistency.” He added.
“But I have trouble controlling what little power I have, so we'll have to work on that, too. Also, I'd like to learn as many new moves as possible without imposing on your schedule. That would just be a plus for me, so don't feel obligated to teach me.” I added.
“I'll train you in the speed!” Jin volunteered.
“Strength!” Chu called.
“Precision!” Rinku cried, and then explained to me. “You sort of got sloppy at the end.” I nodded.
“I'll teach you better defense.” Sazuka offered.
“And I'll help you with self-control.” Shishi said.
“I guess that leaves me with teaching you new things.” Touya said. I nodded.
“So, when do I start?” I asked, tired, but curious as to what this new development would bring.