Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Bishi World ❯ Orientation ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Summary: Kamira loved her new life a bishi trainer, until she started hearing rumors. About how an unusual amount of trainer are releasing their bishies and going home. Thing is, some of those trainers didn't want to go home.

/thoughts/

Disclaimer-Everything that's not mine belongs to someone else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 3-Orientation

"I don't care if it's not 'your place' I asked you a question and I want an answer!"

Kamira entered the orientation building to loud, angry shouting. Very familiar, loud, angry shouting. "Oh, no." she said in horror, recognizing the figure yelling at the receptionist. "Not you. Anyone but you!" The figure turned to face Kamira, much to the relief of the poor Nurse Joy sitting behind the receptionists desk, and gave a horrified gasp of her own.

"You!" she cried. "What on earth are you doing here?"

"Suffering from the cosmic irony of having you in my paradise." Kamira answered with a groan. The figure gave an indignant sniff.

"Hmmph. Like I'm happy to have you here." Rosa replied. Rosa was a short girl, about four and a half feet, though she was only a year younger than Kamira, with short black hair that ended just below her earlobes. She wore pink and white sneakers with pale pink socks. She also wore a short, pink, denim skirt below a white t-shirt and a pink denim jacket. She even had a lock of her hair dyed pink, framing the right side of her face. "Now, what are you doing here for real?" Rosa asked again.

"Same thing you are most likely. I came here for orientation." Kamira replied to her long-time rival.

"Hmmph." Rosa said again. "I guess this place isn't very particular about who they choose to let in. Nice pajamas by the way." Kamira blushed, then gave a start.

"Hey, wait a second. If you're here now then you must have gotten dragged into this world same time as me. Why are you dressed?"

"I always get to school early so I can use the school's computer lab. What were 'you' doing on a computer so early in the morning?" Rosa asked. Kamira blushed again.

"None of your business." she muttered. She turned away and walked towards the waiting part of the room, ending the conversation, and Rosa followed her. She sat down on of the gray, comfy chairs placed around the room, a disgruntled look on her face. Rosa also sat, a seat down from Kamira. Kamira ignored her and glanced across the magazine strewn coffee table at the only other two people there, both of them girls.

They both had brown hair, though the one on the left had longer hair, about to her shoulders. She wore a pair of shorts and a white t-shirt covered in blue peace signs. She also wore plain black sneakers and glasses over dark brown eyes. The one too the right wore her hair slightly shorter, about a centimeter below her ears. She had on a black, belly-baring t-shirt with the words 'and what are YOU looking at?' on it and some badge short shorts. She wore sneakers, same as everyone else in the room, except hers were blue and white. The girls had been watching the exchange with wide eyes. Kamira blushed yet again (she was easily embarrassed).

"Sorry about that. Guess we kinda disturbed your reading." Kamira apologized, referring to the fact that both had a magazine in their hands. "My names Kamira, what are yours?"

"Jennifer." replied the one with long hair. "Nice to meet you."

"Name's Kai." said the one with short hair. With a start Kamira realized that one of her eyes was a deep emerald green while the other was sapphire blue.

"I'm Rosa. I'm sorry too."

"That's okay." Jennifer reassured them both. "I guess you two must be friends or something."

"We are not!!" they shouted in unison. Jennifer looked startled.

"Oh." She seemed uncertain as to what to say next. Rosa solved that problem pretty fast, though.

"Where are you two from?" she asked. "I'm from Iowa," she answered her own question. "But my family's Spanish." At this Kamira gave a cough that sounded suspiciously like 'Mexican'. Rosa glared at her.

"I'm from New York, the state not the city, and my family's from pretty much everywhere." Jennifer jumped in before another fight could start.

"Really? Mine too. What about you Kai?" Kamira asked, turning towards the alarmingly thin girl.

"I'm from New York City. Don't know about my family." Before Kamira could ask what she meant by that several kids came out of the door next to the receptionists desk. They were all talking excitedly to each other and each held a belt on which hung Bish Balls. A couple of them were also splattered with oil. Behind them came a graying professor.

"You girls can come on in now." he said kindly. The quartet stood and followed him into a rather small classroom, only about ten desks in all. The desk at the front of the room, which Kamira assumed was the teacher's, was covered in several strange items that she figured must relate to the lesson. The girls sat in the front row and all leaned forward, as if unable to contain themselves. It was finally happening! "Okay, now to begin with-" the professor was interrupted by the door next do his desk opening. In came a Sailor Mercury bishoujo, also splattered with oil, though a little bit more than the new trainers. She gave a quick wave at the 'class', which was staring at her, and went to stand next to the professor's desk.

"Sorry." she said. "The Bish Ball machine was acting up again."

"That's all right. Now as I was saying," The class tore their eyes from the bishoujo and returned their attention to the professor. "My name is Professor Tuttle," he continued on, ignoring the giggles at his name. "and I am here to teach you about the Bishi World, but first does anyone want to go home? Anyone?" He asked again, his eyes searching the room. Of course, since there was only four students he didn't have to look around the 'whole' room, but, oh well. "This is your last chance. Do you really want to stay?" Kamira bit her bottom lip. She would definitely miss her family, but this was the chance of a lifetime. The professor nodded.

"Good. Cause I lied." The class gave a start at this. "You can come and go from the Bishi World as often as you want, though you shouldn't do it too much. It can put quite a strain on your body."

"Why did you tell us we couldn't then?" asked Rosa, sounding a bit put out.

"I needed to make sure that you were determined enough to give up your lives back on Earth. Now, back to the lesson-"

"Wait a sec, how exactly do we get to and from the Bishi World?" Kamira interrupted.

"Don't worry I'll get to that. Now, as I was saying, you all got an email that had a link to a site called Pocket Bishounen, correct?" The class nodded. "And on the site you saw the description of a world where you could capture Bishounen and Bishoujo and clicked on the link labeled 'Make Me A Trainer' which led you here, correct?" Again the class nodded. "As I'm sure you know, A Bishounen is a male character from an anime, manga, book, etc., etc, while a Bishoujo is the same thing only female." He nodded towards Sailor Mercury. "Now, as I'm sure you've realized by now, this is a world where you can capture Bishies using these." He held up a black and silver Bish Ball, same as what Laura was wearing on her belt. "Once you've captured them you can train them to fight, have them protect you, or just hang around with them."

Kamira blinked. It was very odd to hear someone his age say the term, 'hang around'.

"Some trainers even do more than just, uh, hang around with them." The professor blushed, as did the class. Then he suddenly became very excited. "Actually, the Bishi's reproduction system is quite fascinating. You see-"

"Uh, professor?" Kamira interrupted quickly. "I'm pretty sure we all already know about...that, so you don't need to tell us." The girls nodded their agreement, their faces bright red by now.

"Huh? What do you-Oh!" The professor blushed again. "Oh no, that's not what I meant. Not at all. You see the Bishi's are different from us in that, while they also have stages of devolopment, instead of growing into each one, they evolve. There are two main stages for each Bishi, Chibi and San. A Chibi is like a child, which is why you should NEVER capture a Chibi, while a San would be like an adult. Bishi's also have levels, which are different from stages. For example,"

The professor reached back and pulled down a chart that had drawings of what looked like a Usagi bishoujo. "This is a Usagi/Serena Chibi, from Sailor Moon," He pointed to a picture of what was probably the most adorable little girl Kamira had ever seen. "Usagi is one of the most versatile bishoujo out there in that they are one of the few with a branched evolution. They can evolve into either a Princess Serenity, or a Usagi Tsukino." he explained, pointing to the corresponding pictures on the chart. "After a Chibi evolves they become San stage, the last stage. However, many Bishi's evolve past that, to what are called levels. Take Princess Serenity. After she evolves from Chibi Usagi she evolves into Neo-Queen Serenity. Usagi Tsukino would involve into Sailor Moon, Super Sailor Moon, and then Eternal Sailor Moon." Kamira nodded her understanding. "Now, the thing that's so fascinating about Bishi's is that in order to have a Chibi all they have to do is be ready for it and it will appear."

"Appear?" Kai repeated.

"Yes." The professor nodded. "Just appear. Apparently whoever is in charge decides when a Bishi is ready and just sends them one, rather like a stork. It's really very fascinating because...." He continued on in a stream of technobabble that the author is too lazy to make up, when he was interrupted by a cough from his Bishoujo. He turned towards her, questioning. She pointed to the girls. They had been staring at the professor in utter confusion since the word 'because'. "Oh. Uh, sorry about that. I can get carried away sometimes." He coughed, embaressed. "Now, as I was saying, once you capture a Bishi you can have as many you want, but after your two week trial period you have to have at least one. Otherwise you get send home permanently. 'NEVER' release all of your Bishies." he repeated.

"How exactly do you release a Bishi?" Jennifer asked.

"Simple. You just break the Bish Ball and the Bishis' free." answered Professor Tuttle, demonstrating with the Bish Ball from his desk. "May I remind you again, NEVER release all of your Bishies unless you wish to go home permanently. As an add-on to that, NEVER let your Bishies wander off farther than three miles for more than forty-eight hours."

"Why not?" Kai asked.

"If your Bishi is too far away for too long it will, well, vanish."

"Vanish?" Jennifer asked, confused.

"Yes. They'll simply start to disappear, and before that they start showing other symptoms like fatigue and a fever. It used to be that the Bishi would simply go mad after being away from it's trainer for too long, but a scientist, he, well, tried to fix that little problem but it sort of backfired and, well. Now they vanish instead." Here the professor coughed nervously and blushed, giving Kamira a good idea of just who that scientist was. Rosa raised her hand.

"What if someone steals or breaks one of your Bish Balls." she asked. The professor shook his head.

"Only you can break one of your Bish Balls. They made it that way so that a Bishi can't release itself. As for stealing, if a Bish Ball is too far away from it's owner, about a mile or so, it starts giving out a very high, very annoying, very 'loud' alarm that should help the police find the thief. " Rosa nodded. "Now, as I was saying, next is the Dex." the profesor continued, holding up what looked large wristwatch. "The Dex does many things but it's main function is transporting you to and from the Bishi world." At this Kamira was reminded of something.

"Professor, what about our families back on Earth. Aren't they worried about us." she asked. Kai gave a snort.

"Actually, right now they don't know you exist."

"Huh?"

"Wait, you mean when we go back no one will know who we are?!" Rosa asked in a slightly panicked tone.

"No, I mean right now life on Earth is going on like you don't exist, but you'll return at the same time you left. However when you come back here from Earth time 'will' have gone by so don't stay gone too long. To go between the two worlds you need the Dex" Once again he held it up. " and a computer. To get back home all you have to do is go to the nearest Bishi center, a place where you can get everything you need to take care of your Bishies. The people there will help you to get home. To get back to the Bishi world, just find a computer and go to either pocket-bishonen.com or pocketbishoujo.com. Then you put on your Dex," he said, demonstrating. " and point it towards the screen and press 'transport'. You'll return to the same Bishi center you left from."

The girls nodded. That seemed simple enough. Kai raised her hand. "Professor? Do we 'have' to go back?" The professor blinked at her, a bit startled by her question.

"Well, no. You don't have to if you don't wish to." Kai gave a satisfied nod and leaned back in her chair. "Now, as I was saying," the professor continued on. Kamira twitched at his last words. /I swear, if I hear the words 'Now, as I was saying' one more time I'll scream./ "The Dex has many other functions besides teleporting. It keeps track your Bishies, has a built in map, and helps with battling." Jennifer frowned at this. "You see during battles you can use these card that-" the professor was interrupted by a loud ring from his Dex, followed by 'Call from Inspector Meguire, age 34, occupation Inspe-'.

"I know, I know. I'll take it. Moshi Moshi, Inspector Meguire." Professor said, unconsciously switching to Japanese. Kamira blinked. Maybe he was an Otaku after all. The phone replied, too soft for anyone but the professor to hear. "What!?" he suddenly cried out, causing everyone else in the room to jump. "Another one? All ready? How did this hap-" the professor cut himself off as he realized he had an audience. The four newbie trainers were staring at him in confusion while his Bishoujo was giving him a concerned look. "Uh, excuse me. I'll go take this in another room. Can you finish up here Mercury?" Without waiting for an answer he raced out the door Sailor Mercury had come in through.

"Wait, professor!" Sailor Mercury called out, but he was already gone. She turned toward the girls, who were now staring at her. "Um, hi. I suppose I should pick up where my trainer left off." she said nervously. Apparently this wasn't a regular occurrence and she had no idea what to do. "Battles, wasn't it?"

The girls nodded.

"Right. Let's see." She glanced around the room as if seeking help. "Well, the professor took his Dex with him but you may have noticed that one side had a slit. You use it to swipe cards through, like these." Mercury held up a deck that had been laying on the desk. She picked the top card and showed to the class.

It had a picture of what looked Goku about to use his Kam-eh-a-meha! attack. Below the picture was a list that Kamira couldn't read from her seat.

"This is a Goku card. Below his picture is a list of his attributes, such as his ability to go Super Saiyan." Again, the Bishoujo glanced around the room. "Usually, the professor would have demonstrated how to use this card by using it on me but he's not here, so...." she trailed off, unsure of what to do next. "Well, you see, when a trainer swipes a card through their Dex, they call out the name of one of their Bishies and then the attribute they want to use." Sailor Mercury explained, pantomiming what it must look like. "Then the Bishi also has that attribute. For instance, if the professor were here," she glanced at the door he had left through. "he would have most likely used the Super Saiyen attribute on me and I would have become a Super Saiyen."

Kamira just barely managed to keep in a giggle at the thought of a Super Saiyen Sailor Mercury. A quick glance at the others and she saw that they were having the same difficulties. Mercury didn't seem to notice their troubles, so intent was she on doing a good job.

"Um, I'm pretty sure that's everything. So if you'll all just follow me I can help you get your own Dexes, Bish Balls, and Bishi belts." Now suddenly confident, obviously this was the part of the class she was used to taking charge of, the Bishoujo went through the door she had come in from. After a quick glance at the others, the girls followed her into a small oddly decorated room. Several different colored Bishi belts adorned the walls above a worn, red bench and in the corner sat a large, complicated-looking machine, the floor around splattered with oil. Next to the machine was another door, most likely the one that the professor had exited out of.

Sailor Mercury pointed to the wall. "Just pick out a Bishi belt and then line up in front of that machine please." The girls complied, each choosing a Bishi belt in their favorite color. Rosa (of course) chose a pink one right away and Kamira grabbed a yellow one. Kai picked out a black belt while Jennifer picked a light blue one. Lining up, Rosa made sure she was before Kamira, which happened to make her first also. She turned around and stuck her tongue at Kamira before turning towards the machine. Kamira glared at her.

Mercury, who had been standing next to the machine while the girls chose their belts, took Rosa's belt from her hands and placed it inside the machine. "Okay just put your hand in that compartment please, so the Bish Ball machine can take your sample."

"Sample? Sample of what?" Rosa asked suspiciously, eyeing the machine.

"Of your blood of course."

"Blood?!"

"Yes, blood. It's to connect to your Bishies." Mercury replied, exasperated. She'd met this kind of newbie trainer before. "It's very important." she added. Rosa had been looking from the machine to Mercury and back to the machine with a growing look of panic on her face. She hated shots. Kamira, watching her, felt an unexpected twinge of sympathy for her plight. She wasn't a big fan of shots either.

Shakily Rosa lifted a hand and put it into the compartment indicated by Mercury. A wince showed exactly when the shot was administered and Rosa snatched her back out, rubbing the wound. After a few seconds of silence a door opened on the machine revealing another compartment. In this one lay Rosa's Bishi belt, which now held several black and silver Bish balls which clashed horribly with the pink belt, and a Dex, also pink. Giving a gasp of delight Rosa leaned forward to grab them only to be met with a face-full of oil.

Kamira burst out laughing.

Mercury, also covered in oil anew, looked at the machine in concern. "Oh dear. I guess the I didn't fix it completely after all."

Rosa glared at her. "Ya think!" Then she turned and glared at Kamira, who was still laughing, holding her aching sides. Behind Kamira Jennifer and Kai also snickered, though were more polite and tried to hide it behind their hands. "Oh, shut up." Rosa snapped at Kamira. She grabbed her belt and Dex and stomped over to the bench, where she sat down and proceeded to put on her Dex and belt. Still giggling, Kamira handed Mercury her belt and placed her hand in the machine. She felt a quick sting then pulled her hand out. Once again the door on the machine opened to reveal Kamira's yellow Bishi belt and Dex. The Bishi belt now held the same amount of Bish balls as Rosa's. Kamira hesitated to take them out and glanced at Sailor Mercury uncertainly. The bishoujo smiled reassuringly.

"Go ahead. It usually only squirts oil every other time." Jennifer, who was next, gave a start. Reassured, Kamira grabbed her belt and walked over to the bench where Rosa sat. She put on her belt and Dex also and, for some reason, felt complete as soon as she had them on. Ignoring the grumbling Rosa she opened her Dex to see exactly what she could with it but before she had chance she heard a shriek behind.

She whirled around and sweatdropped at the site. Apparently Jennifer had tried to avoid the oil by jumping behind Kai and now they were both covered in oil, as well as Mercury. Kai glared at Jennifer, who gave an apologetic smile, then went to grab her baby blue Bishi belt and Dex. Kai soon followed with her own belt and Dex, both of them black. Kamira ruefully noted that Kai's belt was the only one that didn't clash with the silver and black Bish Balls, though Jennifer's wasn't so bad.

Mercury, now covered in oil from head to toe, came up to them. "Well, now that you have your belts and Dexes you're ready to go. The shops will give you everything you need since you're all newbies and then you can be on your be on your way." The four nodded as one, Rosa still grumbling about dry-cleaning and other clothing related things. The newly made trainers towards the door next to the machine, but Mercury stopped them. "Not that way." she said quickly. "That door lead to the professor's office. You leave the same way you came in." She began herding the group out the correct door. Before leaving the small room, Kamira managed a quick look at the door they weren't using. Mercury had been awful protective of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Laura looked up from her Dex when a second stream of trainers left the Orientation building. She leapt up then turned around upon hearing a loud yelp. Yusuke had fallen asleep leaning on her and when she got up he went down.

"Ow."

Laura gave an exasperated sigh and grabbed him by the collar. "Come on Yusuke. Kamira's Orientation is over." Yusuke, who was having trouble breathing at the time, didn't answer. "Kamira! Hey, Kamira!" The yellow pajama clad girl looked up. Her eyes lit up upon seeing Laura.

"Laura! Hi!" Grinning, Kamira ran up to the trainer and her Bishounen. She held up her new Dex. "I'm a trainer now too!" she cried, sounding as excited as a little kid with a new toy to show off. Laura let go of Yusuke's collar.

"Congratulations!" Laura cried with slightly forced cheeriness. Kamira stared at her friend.

"Uh, thanks. You don't sound very happy for me though." Yusuke, who had been rubbing his throat sulkily, looked up.

"Sorry. It just, I tried to reach Melisa on my Dex while we were waiting for you-"

"Cause we were bored out of our minds." Yusuke muttered.

"But I couldn't get through for some reason. It's very strange." Laura said worriedly, as though Yusuke had not even spoken.

"That does sound strange." Kamira agreed.

"Ah, don't worry about it." Yusuke dismissed their worries with a simple wave of his hand. "She probably just broke her Dex when she fell earlier. Or one of the other hundred times she fell."

"I guess so." Laura said uncertainly.

"There's no guess about it. To be honest, I'm surprised she hasn't broken a bone by now." Yusuke said flippantly. Laura gave him a reproachful look.

"Yusuke! That was mean!"

"So?" The two began to fight, something they obviously did often. Kamira watched them with a small smile. /I hope I become as good friends with my Bishies as Laura is with hers./ she thought a little wistfully.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I shouldn't be writing this. What I 'should' be doing is working the next chapter of Virus so I can do what I said I was going to do. But instead I got hit with inspiration for this fic and writer's block for my Virus fic. Though a review or two on Virus might help with that. 'hint' 'hint'. Anyway, about the actual story, I got two of you in! I hope I portrayed them right. Since I have no idea what a New York accent sounds like I didn't give Kai a whole lot to say. Sorry. I know this is probably a pretty boring chapter for you guys but I had to write it so I could explain all the differences between my Bishi world and Songwind's. But I did you give you couple things to think about. ....I shouldn't be writing this.