Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Gate Closed ❯ Gate Closed ( One-Shot )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Gate Closed

[SNAFU][YoujoSenki][GATE]

“It’s… gone. I can’t feel it anymore,” I said to Taishi. We stood at the former gate site in Ginza. He was holding Yuki so I could try to activate Mage Sight. There wasn’t enough mana to do that here, even the echoes weren’t enough. The military police were glaring in our direction and there were lots of APCs moving around the area of the gate’s metal structure the JSDF had constructed over the opening to prevent another surge of monsters emerging from its depths to terrorize Ginza once more.

I felt the impact of rubber bullets and then was shocked unconscious by tasers. I lost control of my bladder and heard my baby cry, dropped by Taishi as he was likewise attacked. I fell abruptly into the dark.

 

++++++

 

“War Criminal Hikigaya Komachi. You are charged with treason against the nation of Japan.” I was blindfolded and starving. I have been beaten, repeatedly.

“You are guilty of conspiring with the enemy. Do you have anything to say in your defense?” demanded the voice of that disgusting woman. The one who was cursed out by the demigoddess. My tongue was thick. I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t move it. It was more effective than a gag. This was a show trial. They needed someone to blame.

I can give you power. Just a little power. Just a taste. The voice in my head promised retribution.

A tiny amount of mana flowed into me. I used it to purge my body of toxins, heal the bone-deep breaks and damaged organs that would kill me in days if left untreated. That was their plan, obviously. More mana flowed. I cast the Blind Sight spell, developed for seeing through smoke and darkness and worked through walls as well. My husband wasn’t here. Neither was Yuki.

“Where is Taishi?” I finally said before the assembled Diet kangaroo court. The entire thing, and the cameras staring down at my beaten form.

“He didn’t survive the arrest,” whispered my show attorney, someone I’ve never spoken to before. A stranger.

“What?” I repeated.

“He’s dead, miss.”

“Yuki? My son?”

“Taken to a safe place. If… if you comply you may be permitted to see him before… before you are executed.”

Yukino wasn’t in the audience, but her parents were. In their official capacities.

I opened up a channel to that voice in my head. Power, at what price?

Vengeance is its own cost. You know this well. Serve me 1000 years and I will make you strong beyond measure, and you will serve my will by delivering the justice denied by all others. Vengeance.

I looked around through my blindfold at the monsters in human shape, monsters that spoke. Being monsters they had no concept of what they were was wrongness upon the world, that the world cried out for justice, and been denied. It wasn’t just my own pain that killed my husband and stole my son. It was a nation destroyed through greed and corruption.

Yes. Give me power. I will serve you in this one cause. Vengeance. And power flowed into me. My face stretched into a grin as my wounds finally healed and I stood, shattering my chains.

“Bailiffs! The prisoner is escaping!” shouted the panel of monsters pretending to judge me. They wanted a distraction? I drew in the power, burning away my bindings, my prisoner jumpsuit, my blindfold and shattered the shackles on my hands and feet. I lifted into the air as the Cherenkov radiation light spilled from me.

“You judge me? I judge you. Die!” and I exploded. My self remained whole as everything beyond my skin ignited into nuclear hellfire and burned the Diet into atomic light.

 

+++++++++++

 

The blast was visible from space. The shockwave expanded beyond the national government buildings and into Tokyo, annihilating the inner city and the grounds of the Imperial Palace. Political prisoners died in their cells from radiation poisoning, and the population of Tokyo dropped by half in an instant. The survivors, scarred by the light and blinded, suffered and died from radiation poisoning over coming days.

Chinese communist party officials celebrated the defeat of their mortal enemy, which had the gall to elected the grandson of the war criminal who slaughtered two million people in Manchuria as their prime minister, multiple times. The Yen collapsed and the nation of Japan separated into furious infighting even as North Korean cruise missiles dropped into their remaining cities with bioweapons or firebombs or even two small atomic bombs, one of which failed to go off but managed to empty the area where it landed.

China invaded Taiwan, killing nearly everyone they found, even women and children. They didn’t need Taiwan intact. They wanted it flattened as a message to the world that China was strong. They promised the world not to go any further, then built up their fleet of landing craft and bombers and proceeded to overrun the Ryukyu chain and atom bombed American bases on Okinawa. The landing troops arrived, killed some people in charge, and made the survivors swear fealty to the Chinese Communist Party. The women were taken. The men were bayonetted if they showed any hint of fight at all. Many of the young men died as their sisters or girlfriends were taken away to be rape slaves of the Chinese army. After all, the Japanese had done the same thing in Nanking. Fair’s fair.

The Gate remained closed. The Earth descended into a Fresh Hell of monsters wearing the shapes of men.

 

++++++++

 

The cries for Vengeance overwhelmed me. They fueled me, each prayer for vengeance sped me onwards. I killed ships, assassinated generals, lay in wait for Chinese patrols, cracked the hulls of attack submarines, sank battle fleets. In vengeance there is no limit, and the prayers sustained me, giving me power.

They called me Pixie, but I think perhaps I am more of a Devil.