Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts 3 ❯ The Army ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Cloud and the others were on their way to Midgar. They were several hundred miles, by the time some activity was happening at Shinra's. Reno and Rude were on the ground moaning in pain.
 
Kadaj: “I hate liars.”
 
Shinra: “I apologize. This time you'll get the truth. The object you seek fell from the helicopter while we were running from you. We were clumsy.”
 
Kadaj: “Is that right?”
 
Shinra: “I swear it.”
 
Kadaj: “Then swear on these.”
 
He showed Shinra two bloody ID cards. They belonged to two more of his employees.
 
Shinra: “-Why are you doing this?”
 
Kadaj: “-We need Mother's power. The Reunion is coming and we need her.”
 
Shinra: “Reunion?”
 
Kadaj: “My brothers and sisters who shear Mother's cells will all assemble. And together, we'll take revenge on the planet. We've already sent out the invitations, but you know. Someone's gone and hid the guest of honor.”
 
Shinra: “Invitations?”
 
Kadaj: “The stigma. But you know all about that. Mother's memetic legacy lives on in the Lifestream and makes it happen. She does so much for us, and we don't even know where to find her. But what can we do, we're just remnants of Mother's legacy. Until we find Mother and receive her cells, we can't be whole again. Geostigma and a legacy aren't enough. Not for a true Reunion.”
 
Shinra: “What do you mean?”
 
Kadaj: “Mr. Shinra, surely you've noticed.”
 
Strange energy was released into the air. In Shinra's eyes, where Kadaj was standing, showed The One-Winged Angel, Sephiroth.
 
 
In Midgar
 
 
Denzel, an orphan that lives with Cloud and Tifa, along with Marlene, was just sitting outside doing nothing. Then a girl, about his age, walked up to him.
 
Girl: “You've got the stigma too? Come on, they're going to fix us.”
 
She grabs his hand and pulls him to a truck full of other kids that have the stigma. But, what they don't know is that one of Kadaj's gang members, Yazoo, was taking them to who-knows-where.
 
 
In a Church
 
 
Cloud, Sora, Donald, Goofy, Adell, Jack, and the King, entered an old abandoned Church.
Sora: “So, this is your hideout.”
 
Then, Cloud saw Tifa lying on the floor and ran to her side. Once he did, everyone else saw her too.
Cloud: “Tifa?......Tifa!”
 
Tifa: *tired* “Your late.”
 
Cloud: “Who did this?”
 
Tifa: “He didn't say.” Then she shot up. “Marlene?!” Then she fainted.
 
Then Cloud looked around to see some of his things missing.
 
Cloud: “No.”
 
Then Cloud suddenly felt a massive pain in his arm.
 
Sora: “Cloud! What's happening?......Cloud!”
 
The pain was so great, Cloud past out.
 
 
 
 
Hours later
 
 
 
Cloud woke up in the place where he and Tifa were supposed to be living. He saw Tifa in a bed next to the one he was in, and then he got up out of bed and stood next to her.
 
Reno: “You're pretty heavy.”
 
Cloud turned to see his friends in the room.
 
Rude: “Weren't there kids living with you?”
 
Reno: “Because they ain't here.”
 
Cloud didn't answer.
 
Rude: “You don't care?”
 
Cloud: “I…” He looked at the sleeping Tifa.
 
Reno: *sigh* “You're a real handful.”
 
Then Reno and Rude left.
 
 
 
 
 
In another location in Midgar
 
 
 
 
Kadaj: “So big brother was hiding it. This is the power of the Lifestream.” He pulled out a little orb out of a box that Cloud had in the church.
 
Kadaj: “This Materia will give us renewed power.” Then he put it to his arm, and it became one with his arm.
 
 
 
 
Back with Cloud
 
 
 
 
It was dark out, and Tifa woke up. She saw Cloud looking over her, and then she sat up.
 
Cloud: “I'm going to go look for the kids.”
 
Tifa smiled, and Sora shot up.
 
Sora: “Alright!”
 
Cloud: “Sora, I'd appreciate it if you came with me.”
 
Sora: “Of coarse I'll go.” He turned to his friends. “Will you guys keep Tifa and the city sake while we're gone?”
 
They all nodded.
 
Then Sora turned to Cloud and nodded saying he was ready. Then they left.
 
 
 
 
At Kadaj's hideout
 
 
 
All the kids that had the stigma were in a group, standing in front of a pond.
 
Kadaj: “Mother gave me a very special gift: The power to fight……against a planet that torments its people. She gave this gift to all her children.”
 
This got the kids attention.
 
Kadaj: “That's right. You and I are brethren. Brothers and sisters chosen…When we inherited Mother's memetic legacy through the Lifestream. But…the planet doesn't like that. It's trying to hold us back. That's why it's been racking our bodies with pain, filling our hearts with doubt!”
 
The kids had surprised looks on their faces.
 
Kadaj: “I will heal you. Then we will go to Mother. We will join as a family and strike back at the planet!”
The kids gasped.
 
Kadaj: “Do as I do.”
 
He walked into the water, and it turned ink black. He then got a handful of water, and drank it. The kids did the same thing. When this happened, their eyes looked just like Kadaj's.