Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Misadventures ❯ The Patient is NOT Patient ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer- the only Character in this fic that is truly mine is Miana. The rest belong to their respective owners.
 
Series of one-shot this is only the first page so it may not seem like a crossover at first but we'll see what I can do… Muahahahahahaha!!!! XD
 
-
#1
The Patient is Not Patient
-
 
The patient sneezed as Miana entered. His face was covered by a mask and only one eye peered out at her. It was kind of creepy the way he stared at her. It made her squirm, slightly. She cursed having to change professions and wished she could go back to being a psychiatrist, but no, she just had to volunteer to help the hospital in it's time of need. They were short of staff and needed someone of her caliber to help keep things running smoothly. This male was her first patient. She looked him over then looked down at the sheet Hanatarou had handed her and scratched her head. “Um… Mr. Hatake?”
 
“Kakashi,” the male replied in a bored fashion.
 
“So, Mr. Hatake,” she continued almost as though she hadn't heard. “You're not allergic to any medication?”
 
“No,” He replied, eyeing her in what appeared to be amusement or a hint of annoyance. She set her clipboard down and took off her glasses rubbing her eyes.
 
“Sorry. I need you to uncover your face,” She replied opening her eyes and looking very serious. “It'll be very difficult to treat you if I can't…” She paused and watched as he pulled his mask grabbing at a tissue that had been under it probably to protect his mask from his sneezing. He blew and wiped his nose before removing the tissue and tossing it into the waste basket on the other side of the room.
 
“This better?” he asked. She looked from him to the waste basket and back before shaking her head and washing her hands. She put on a glove and with the ungloved hand she handed him the clipboard.
 
“Can you fill this out to the best of your ability while I prepare some things?”
 
“I…guess,” he replied seeming slightly annoyed. He smiled to her back as she retrieved some supplies from the drawers and set them out on and under a sanitary cloth. She walked over to a piece of equipment and poked the end of one of the detachments into a hole and pulled a plastic piece out over it.
 
“Ah,” she said simply. He opened his mouth and she stuck the plastic part into his mouth which he closed his mouth around. She waited until it beeped and took it out discarding the plastic part. She took off another detachment placing this around his arm setting it on auto before grabbing another detachment putting this one in another holder and pulled it out with a different shaped plastic piece the previous one. She pulled one of the many wooden utensils from its separate package. “Ah?” she asked. He opened his mouth again. This time she used the wooden utensil to gently push his tongue down while she used the other to peer within. She discarded the wooden piece and plastic piece quickly getting a new one before looking into his ear. “When did you first notice discomfort, Mr. Hatake?” She asked.
 
“Last night, I was coughing all night,” He replied. “Will I have to stay overnight?” The question threw Miana off so much that she stopped what she was doing long enough to look at the deviousness in his expression. She shook her head and moved on to the next ear and peered within.
 
“No,” She replied. Finally she was finished with the inspection and tossed the plastic piece before taking the clipboard and jotting some things down.
 
“Can I…stay overnight?” he asked tentatively. The writing stopped as she looked up, raising an eyebrow. “Just in case?”
 
“We'll see,” she replied rolling her eyes before walking out of the room and closing the door. Kakashi stared at the door, unsure of what to do now. He sighed and supposed he should wait a bit more to see if that stay could be arranged. The door opened and a male walked in dressed in a nurse's outfit. Renji, the nurse, glowered at the Kakashi, unsure of what to make of him.
 
“You know hitting on doctors usually gets you booted out of the hospital…” Renji said as he tossed a warm blanket over Kakashi. “Anything else you want?” Kakashi sneezed suddenly.
 
“Some soup and tissue?” the white haired male asked. “Oh and what was your name again?”
 
“I'll see what I can do… my name is Abarai Renji,” Renji exited the same way he had entered, leaving Kakashi alone once more. He looked around a bit until he spotted some buttons. He allowed a curious look before reaching towards one. He pressed it and at first, nothing happened. Then all of a sudden the bed started sitting him up and didn't seem to have any intention of stopping. Quickly, he pushed a red button. Again nothing happened. Then, the bed stopped suddenly and Miana rushed in.
 
“Is something wrong?” She asked giving a worried look.
 
“Sorry, um what do these buttons do?” he asked. She walked forward rolling her eyes yet smiling as she did so. She pointed to each as she spoke of them.
 
“This red one signals a nurse or doctor to come and tend to you. The yellow one here sits this up, as you may have found out, depending on how long you hold it down. The green one lays it back, again, depending on how long you hold it will determine how far back. Sometimes it's a little slow, especially in cold weather. This black one is for emergency only. It should only be used if you are having a stroke or some other event that requires immediate attention. These two blue buttons control the channels on the TV and these two grey buttons control the volume. Will that be all Mr. Hatake?” she asked. He blushed a bit, but nodded. As she started walking away he remembered something.
 
“Oh Mrs.…”
 
“Dr. Nissai,” she replied.
 
“Doctor, could you hand me my book over there on that chair?” he pointed to a chair over by the door. She turned and picked it up reading the title and blushing unnoticeably. She handed it to him and quickly taking her leave. She nearly slammed the door in her haste. Miana shook away the temptation to stay, just in case, and firmly stated no before walking away.
 
-
In the room
-
 
Kakashi couldn't stop grinning after seeing her reaction. Perhaps she would stay and listen. Then he wondered what other pervert would join her should she decide to. A chill of embarrassment ran the length of his spine, freezing every inch of him. He began reading anyway, smiling deviously and blushing. The door opened quietly and soon after a hand snatched the book away. The person that snatched it read a little.
 
“Uh…Renji…” Kakashi whispered. He blushed a bit as the other raised an eyebrow. He quickly moved the table without spilling a drop of the soup. He stopped and held Kakashi back with the free hand, while reading the book in the other. Renji stopped reading and smirked at the obviously disgruntled Kakashi.
 
“I'll have to borrow this sometime,” Renji replied, handing the book to the still angry ninja. Ignoring the glare, Renji wheeled the soup back over to the other. “The best soup in the house. If I'm lying, you can kill me later for it.” The nurse was about to exit the room when the other's voice called to him.
 
“Renji, if you want I have the first novel in my weapons pouch there,” he whispered, pointing to where the pouch rested. The pouch leaned casually against the chair he had the current book on earlier. Renji walked over and opened it, pulling out the book Kakashi had spoken of. He smiled and was about to say something when Miana walked in.
 
“Good news, you can stay overnight,” she said. Kakashi beamed at this.
 
“Will you be tending to me tonight?” he asked her. She held back her fit of giggles and pushed them down before replying.
 
“No, I'm going home. However, Renji has the rest of the night to dedicate to you as the hospital is a little `over' handed,” she replied. She chuckled at her own pun then turned towards Renji. “All of the other doctors and nurses have been informed that you are going to be tending only to Kakashi.” The great fist of doom crashed down on the two males.
 
“That's…great,” Renji replied, not too enthused by the notion of being Kakashi's slave. Already he could feel the tears pouring down his cheeks in denial that this was happening to him. Kakashi sat there in a daze listening but not really there.
 
“Great! Take care, boys,” she replied, smiling with a devious glint in her eye. “Don't do anything I wouldn't do.” She closed the door after offering a winking leaving the two alone. A dark cloud seemed to settle over Kakashi's head.
 
“It's going to be a long night…” Renji finally stated, unable to say much else.
 
-
End
-