Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Reaper at Heaven's Door ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 1

Jet walked down through the sewer halls, his nightvision goggles interpereting the dark for him. He rarely went in the sewers on Mars, mostly because of the stench and it being the nesting ground for diseases and parasites,but he was acting on the info Bob gave him. Normally, Spike would be doing this kind of job: but the bounty he was looking for was a close friend of his, so he felt that it was his duty to find his comrade.
The man was a person who always gave Jet guidance and was also a man that taught Jet the importance of justice and fighting for those you care for. That man, was Frank Castle. Frank was with Jet in the ISSP, and served in the war on Titan. This man has seen a lot and has learned from those violent experiences, which would give any man a reason to put a forty million woolong bounty on him. But Jet wasn't in it for the bounty, he wanted to figure out what went wrong with his friend Frank.
He could only hope that he would get to him in time, because he wasn't the only one after him: the mob and the ISSP were after him. He was a regular boogieman to the mob, Frank was even given the nickname "The Punisher".
As Jet walked through the dark and shitty smelling hall, he heard a voice say to him "It's been a while, hasn't it?". Jet stopped, then replied "Yeah, it has...Frank." Jet turned around and faced him. It didn't look like the Frank he once knew and joked with: this Frank had a grimy looking face and evil in his eyes. He even dressed differently. Frank wore a black t-shirt with a crudely painted skull on it and black leather pants.
Jet smiled to him, since he thought they might still be friends. "You look like hell," he said. "Is that your midlife crisis or something?"

"You don't necessarily look to good either," Frank replied. "The years haven't been too good to you. What happened to your arm?"

"Heh, it's a long story." The friendly smile then disappeared off of Jet's face. He paused for a while, then he finally asked "What happened Frank? Why are you doing this?"
"Why am i doing what?" he answered with another question.

"The whole 'Punisher' thing. Why all of a sudden do you think you're the Angel of Death?"

"I'm doing what has to be done, something that everyone knew needed to be done but didn't do."

"And that had to include doing over 150 first-degree murders?"

"They were evil. They needed to be punished."

"What makes you think that you can pass that kind of judgement?"

"Come on, Jet. You know as well as I do that they were all scum. The police know that, you know that, I know that, everyone does."

Jet frowned: this was definitely not the Frank Castle he knew. He decided it was enough, then pulled out his pistol and aimed it at Frank. "Ok," he said. "I heard enough. Your gonna have to come with me."
"And if I refuse your gonna shoot me?" he said, smiling and not looking scared. "If you do that, you won't get any money because they don't take dead bounties."
Jet stared at him, and accepted that he was right. Frank was smarter than most people, and knew how to talk to others. That's what made him a good officer...and a friend. He lowered his gun, then raised it back up and said "You're right, but that doesn't mean I can't shoot you in the leg and drag your sorry butt with me."
At that, the Punisher whipped out his knife from it's sheath and threw it with head on precision, pinning Jet's sleeve to the wall. He then seized the oppurtunity and ran down the hall to his right. Jet later, yanked the knife from his sleeve and ran after him, but stopped to see that Frank disappeared.
"FRANK!" he yelled after him. He looked down at the knife in his hand that had the skull at the end of the handle, then threw it down and swore. This definitely meant that he was no longer going to treat Frank like a friend anymore, but as if he were just another bounty.

End of Chapter 1
Converting /tmp/phpcZ3j0S to /dev/stdout