Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Anime Margin: 108 Stars of Destiny ❯ Rise of the 108, part 2: Flight of the Archangel ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer:
This fic uses characters, places, themes from franchises that are the property of others. I do not own these franchises.

Special Thanks to:
Charles Xavier, Fanfiction.net author: For writing an awesome crossover with anime and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Suikosource website: for providing great information that made this fic possible.

The Anime Margin: 108 Stars of Destiny
By: RB3


Rise of the 108, part 2: Flight of the Archangel


A new day dawned on the unnamed planet in the no-man's-land. The army worked diligently at their base in preparation for massive battle against Omnipotence in the future. This organisation, the most far reaching terrorist group ever discovered in the anime worlds, was able to subvert entire nations towards their agenda. Their most daring act was their attack on Toontown using stolen Orb military hardware. After leaving behind evidence suspected of being falsified, Omnipotence had successfully diverted the attention of the Toons away from them and towards Orb.

Perhaps Omnipotence, fearing defeat, had staged this attack as a final desperate ploy to avert their inevitable destruction at the hands of their enemies. Alternatively, they could have planned this attack from the very beginning, as a way to create a rift between Toons and anime Toons. Anime Toons, barring certain exceptions, came from neutral, non-hostile nations and territories like the Orb Union. However, if Omnipotence attacks continued, war would certainly break out between Toons and anime Toons. Though the situation was bleak, there was still hope. Omnipotence's actions had the unwanted effect of causing multiple different anime nations to unite in opposition.

At a quiet restaurant in the army's headquarters, such troubles seemed distant, almost unheard of. A college-age Japanese waiter delivered a bowl of ramen, Chinese noodles, to a customer in the back corner. The customer, a dark man in a brown trench coat, thanked his waiter as he claimed his meal. "That's my order, thank you. By the way, have you seen anyone named Robin Sena or a Miho Karasuma?" asked the man.

"No, sorry," replied the waiter.

"Well, if you do, could you please tell them that Amon was here looking for them? I would appreciate that very much," said Amon.

"Sure, I'll let them know," replied the waiter.

As the man ate, he watched the waiter deliver a second order to two girls, one Chinese the other Japanese, seated at a booth in the front of the store. As the waiter made the delivery, the three talked amongst themselves, as though they were quite familiar with each other. "Thanks Tory!" said the Japanese girl.

"No problem. Enjoy your meal, Madison," said Tory.

"Alright! Chow time!" said the other, Meilin.

As the two girls dug into their meals, Tory fetched some orders in the back and delivered it to the two boys seated in the neighbouring booth. At that moment, Sakura, Kero, Shaoran, and Yolei entered the restaurant. Through some strange superhuman sense, Meilin sensed the Clow magicians' entry and bolted out of her seat to confront the two. "Aha Avalon, I knew it! The moment I turn my back, you're fooling around with Shaoran!"

"Meilin!" said Sakura out of shock.

"Who's the weirdo?" asked Yolei.

"Who are you calling a weirdo?" asked Meilin indignantly.

"That's Meilin. She's my cousin. We took magic lessons together with Sakura," informed Shaoran.

"Cousin?" asked Yolei.

"We're from the same clan. We're very distant cousins," replied Shaoran.

"Hi Sakura," greeted Madison. "We were looking for you. Clow Reed suggested that we help you out, so we came here. So how are things going?"

"Everything's coming along great. I've made many new friends along the way." Sakura turned to Yolei. "This is Yolei. She's a Digidestined from the Digital Nations. She was one of the people who saved me from some bee monsters awhile back."

"Hi!" greeted Yolei.

"Hi, I'm Madison. Pleased to meet you, Yolei. Why don't you join us for lunch while you're here? Meilin and I were about to eat."

"Sure, why not?"

In the neighbouring booth, the two boys seated there had heard Yolei's voice and recognized it. The first was Joe Kido, one of her Digidestined team mates, and with him was Gomamon as always. The other was a brown haired boy wearing a pair of goggles. He was Takato Matsuki, who was a member of a different team called the Digimon Tamers. Beside him was a red, dinosaur-like creature with black tribal markings. He was Guilmon, Takato's Digimon partner. The two ate their lunch oblivious to the events with Madison and Meilin.

"Yolei!" called Joe.

"Joe! I didn't know you were there!" replied Yolei.

"Yeah, I was here the whole time. Takato and I came to help after we took care of the trouble back home," informed Joe.

"We're here whenever you need us. Feel free to look us up any time," assured Takato.

"With all you guys helping us, those bad guys are going down in no time!" proclaimed Yolei.




In the head strategist's office, Athrun sat across from the army's brilliant strategist, Folken Fanel. The mood was tense as the two argued a serious issue. After suffering the attack by Omnipotence's Toontown attack, the Toons prepared to retaliate against Orb, who they mistakenly believed to be the perpetrators. Despite Orb's denial of any responsibility for the attack, the Toons were not convinced. It was only a matter of time before the Toons began their retaliatory invasion against Orb. Having defected from ZAFT long ago out of disgust with its policies, Athrun didn't want to see the things he cherished ruined by war once again.

"Why won't you send anyone to help? Many people I care about are living there! We can't just leave them to die!" decried Athrun.

"I know how you feel, but we can't afford to draw the hostility of the Toons," objected Folken. "When we formed this organization, it was to stop Omnipotence, not to get fight a war against Toons. We wouldn't last a second against them in our current condition."

"So are you saying we're going to sit back and do nothing?" asked Athrun.

"No, I am not saying that," replied Folken.

"So what are you saying?" asked Athrun.

"What I'm saying is that we must pick our fights carefully. Angering the Toons is not a wise move. It would only be in Omnipotence's favour if that happened. They want us and the Toons to fight each other, ignoring them and letting them continue their agenda unhindered." Folken sighed. "I only wish that someone else could take care of Orb for us, but who's going to risk their neck just to do that? We're not sending troops to Orb and that's final."

"Yeah, sorry I asked," muttered Athrun as he stormed out of the room in disappointment.

If Athrun could not get help for Orb, he would help Orb himself. Two days later, he secretly recruited allies to do just that. He found himself in a streetcar moving down the streets of a modern city. The streetcar was totally filled and it was difficult to breath with all of the people stuffed into it like a sardine can. This was the city he had lived in after the Bloody Valentine War reached its conclusion. It was Orb City, the capital of the Orb Union itself. The streets were packed with cars all travelling to a single unknown location. Athrun's companions looked out of the windows of the street car as the vacant stores and homes passed them by. For a certain member of his team, it was a great opportunity to see what life was like outside of his small world.

"Wow, look at all those people!" blurted Naruto as looked out of the window.

Sakura listened to the beeping of the cars and an argument between an irate driver and some police officers. "Everyone is jumpy because of the war." Sakura sighed.

"We're meeting the leader of Orb, is that correct?" asked Ross.

"Yeah, Uzumi Nara Athha," said Athrun.

The streetcar stopped at a waiting area just across the street from a regal building in the heart of the Orb capital. The concrete structure was a parliament building with an old fashioned design. It had shingled roof tops and spires of concrete and bricks. Athrun showed his identification to the guards, who led him to the office of Orb's leader, Uzumi Nara Athha, himself. Athha was a bearded man in his early fifties with a tanned complexion and greying brown hair. He wore a purple uniform, a noble colour befitting such a noble man like himself.

"Athrun, it's good to see you," greeted Athha. "I take it that you've heard the news and returned to Orb with friends to help us in our hour of need."

"Yes. Is Cagalli alright? Where is she?" asked Athrun.

"She's fine. I've sent her to join your old comrades at the Archangel. I want you to go with her," requested Athha.

"What? But sir, what about you?" asked Athrun. "If you stay, they'll capture you and put you before a kangaroo court for war crimes!"

"I know, but I can't abandon my nation in its time of need. As its leader, I must protect its people 'til the very end. As a father, my concern for my daughter's safety is greater than my own. I appreciate your concern for my welfare, but you are a member of Cagalli's personal guard. Your duty is to protect her. I'm sorry, but I have to do this..." Athha pressed a button on his intercom system. "Guards, please escort Mr. Zala to the Archangel."

A pair of guards entered Attha's room and guards flanked Athrun. As they grabbed him, Athrun became irate. "What are you doing?"

"Making sure you go to my daughter," replied Athha.

The guards handcuffed him before dragging him out of the room. "...But sir! There's still time! You can join us on the Kusanagi! Please reconsider..."

Naomi was incensed at this scene. "How can you stand there and..."

"Naomi, please don't make a scene," interrupted Ross.

"...But Ross!"

"Please don't. It's already hard enough for him to do this as it is," said Ross. "We have a job to do, is that right, Mr. President?"

"Yes, please protect my daughter. That's all I ask," replied Athha. "The guards will direct you to your ship."

The guards escorted Athrun's team to a military truck parked outside of the presidential building. They abruptly shoved Athrun into the seat while his team mates flanked his escort on the metal benches. The truck started and sped down Orb City's labyrinthine streets until they came upon a military depot. This depot was constructed at the end of a great strip of metal that ran into the sea. It looked almost like a bridge, but towards the seaward end, the strip began to curve upwards into the sky. This great structure was Orb's mass driver, a device which launched earthbound ships into outer space.

The guards escorted the team to a great white space ship housed within this depot. This great ship had red highlights and a pair of fins above the thrusters and on the side for improving aerodynamics while in the Earth's atmosphere. Its front forked into a pair of protrusions which functioned as bays for launching mobile suits, mobile armour, and as holders for energy based weapons. The ship was heavily armed, a fact well displayed by the numerous cannons and weapons bays grafted onto its chassis. Once they boarded the ship, a crew member showed the team to their quarters.

One of the men activated a wall-based intercom system. "Captain Ramius, we've arrived on the ship."

On the bridge of the ship, an attractive brunette in her late twenties listened to the guard's report. This woman was dressed in the white regalia of a commanding naval officer. She was the captain of the Archangel, Captain Murrue Ramius. "Understood," she replied. "Helm, prepare for take off!"

With the muffled roar of its engine, the Archangel lifted itself above the ground and moved into a line-up at the end of the mass driver. When its turn came, the Archangel stationed itself at the end of the runway facing towards the sea. All of a sudden, a great force propelled the Archangel forward. The great ship travelled for miles out into the sea before the track bent upwards into the sky. The ship continued its ascent until it reached escape velocity. Though the track ended, the Archangel continued its climb upwards until it shot out of the Earth's atmosphere.

"Helm, set a course for the moon at maximum speed," ordered Captain Ramius.

As the Archangel travelled to its rendezvous point at the moon, Athrun's team decided to become acquainted with the ship. The Archangel was a massive ship and it was very easy to get lost within its seemingly endless metal corridors. Feeling hungry, Naruto made his way to the ship's mess hall, and ate the special of the day, fish and chips. On his way out after eating, Naruto crossed the path of officers coming to eat. Coming from the direction he was travelling was a blond man with a handsome, roguish face. From behind Naruto came the ship's junior officers, who were merely teenagers. They watched as the strangely dressed ninja walked down the hall.

"Oh hi, Mu!" remarked one of the juniors, Sai Argyle, a boy with glasses. "Eating lunch now?"

"Yeah," replied Mu La Flaga, ace mobile armour and mobile suit pilot as the two groups entered the mess hall. "Say, don't look now, but that's a very strange kid that just passed by."

"Yeah, I think he's one of the Supernaturals who boarded the ship with Athrun," informed a kind Japanese boy named Kira Yamato.

"Aren't they those people with strange and fantastic powers?" asked the brunette, Miriallia Haw, as she sat down at the table.

"Supernaturals? Scary! I heard they could do things that even a Coordinator couldn't do," said a red headed girl, Flay Alster.

"Like what?" asked Sai.

"You know how they say Coordinators are supposed to be stronger, faster, and smarter?" asked Kira.

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with Supernaturals?" asked Sai.

"Everything," replied Kira. "Do you know of any Coordinator strong enough to lift a tank above his head with his bare hands?"

Sai was noticeably taken aback by that claim. "That's nothing. I heard that they could compete in a Formula One race just on foot, without ever using a car," said Mu.

"That's crazy!" remarked Miriallia.

"Crazy? You haven't even heard of the things I have," said Flay. "I've heard of Supernaturals that can shoot fire and energy from their hands. I've heard of Supernaturals that can fly as fast as a jet plane, without using a plane at all."

"Wow, that's amazing!" remarked Sai.

Later on, the crew returned to their stations at the bridge of the Archangel. Unlike the rest of the ship, there was no sense of gravity in this area. The young crew members floated to various control terminals to man them as the Archangel traversed the last legs of its trip. Their radar began beeping as a trio of ships loomed in the space above the moon. On the viewing screen, they were merely dots due to the distance the Archangel was from them. Those ships seemed to be waiting in the area for the Archangel to arrive.

Once they came closer, they were able to identify two of the ships. The first was the Eternal, a slender ship with a chassis painted in a faint shade of red. Notably, it seemed to have white, wing-like protrusions which served for improved aerodynamics should the ship enter the Earth's atmosphere. This was the ship of Lacus Clyne, a pop star who turned into an anti-war guerrilla fighter. The second ship belonged to Cagalli Yula Athha, the princess of the Orb Union. This ship, the Kusanagi, was the predecessor of the Archangel, having a similar style to its construction, but being more slender with a clamp-like structure as its mobile suit launcher.

With these ships present, the original Three Ship Alliance, heroes of the Bloody Valentine War, had reunited. However, the Three Ship Alliance seemed to have gained a mysterious new member. No one on the Archangel had ever seen this ship before. Its construction was alien, not like anything ever found in the Cosmic Era. The top portion of this violet ship resembled the body of a manta ray that ended in a pair of fins. From this manta-like structure protruded a long violet stalk that ended into a fork-like pair of fins. This ship did not seem hostile, despite its fearsome appearance.

"Captain, the unidentified ship is hailing us," reported the communications officer.

"Open a channel," ordered Captain Ramius.

"Archangel, this is the Crimson Egg. Do you read me?" asked Dr. Eggman through the radio.

"We read you Crimson Egg," replied Captain Ramius.

"Glad to meet you. I am Dr. Ivo Eggman. We'll be your escort. In order to move to the next waypoint, we will need to travel interdimensionally. Once we open a gate, you, the Eternal, and the Kusanagi will fly while we follow behind."

Within seconds, the space before the Crimson Egg began to shift as mists of energy swirled into a vortex. The swirling stabilized to form the image of another planet within. One by one, the Three Ship Alliance flew into the portal and popped out at the other side to the presence of a space station in orbit around this unknown planet. The Alliance and the Crimson Egg docked and the crew disembarked for some rest and relaxation. When the junior members disembarked, they were in awe of the strange people that milled about around them.

Indeed, Supernaturals were exceedingly rare in the Cosmic Era, the timeline of the Gundam worlds from which the junior officers hailed. No two Supernaturals were alike and more than a few weren't even human at all, particularly the Digimon. Some Digimon were very scary to behold with their toothy maws and massive claws. Others were as cute as a button and so adorable that they could melt the heart of any girl. There were also those that were at least partially human, at least in appearance, who didn't seem out of the ordinary.

In the neighbouring docking area was the catwalk to the Crimson Egg. In the next one further down was the Blue Typhoon, which was being maintained by Tails and Bulma. The junior officers watched as Amy Rose wrapped her arms around Sonic, much to his chagrin, and said something they couldn't make out. "Wow, a pink hedgehog," remarked Sai.

"Oh, she's so adorable!" commented Flay.

Amy Rose continued to hug Sonic as a second pair of anthropomorphic animals walked over to greet them from the Crimson Egg. The first was Knuckles, who had recovered from his confrontation with Leguma and Omnipotence. The second was Rouge, a sultry bat-like creature. From the signals sent by the animals' behaviour, they seemed to be quite familiar with each other. In fact, they were a very close knit group that spent great amounts of time together. They started a conversation which Sonic and Amy.

"Well, well, aren't we the happy couple?" asked Rouge rhetorically.

Amy let Sonic go upon noticing the other couple. "Hi Knuckles, I'm glad to see you up and about," said Sonic.

"Nice to see you too, Sonic. I've got a score to settle with Leguma, so you'll be seeing a lot more of me around," replied Knuckles.

"...And me too, honey," said Rouge. "I figure that if we're gonna be chasing robbers, I might as take this opportunity to pick up some new jewels for my collection. Besides, no one beats up my dear Knucky and gets away with it."

Knuckles grimaced. "Please, don't call me 'Knucky!'"

Rouge chuckled. "We've got to be going. Ta ta, darlings!"

"Goodbye," said Sonic. "Later, Knucky!" Sonic chuckled teasingly at Knuckles, who threw somewhat of a tantrum at the mention of his nickname.

"Don't call me 'Knucky!'"




Captain Ramius walked through the army's headquarters until she came upon the door to the chief strategist's office. Guarding this entrance was a strange, but very vigilant Doberman. In particular, Doberman breed dogs were known for being guard and attack dogs. These facts gave them an intimidating reputation. As the captain approached, the Doberman glanced over her and took a whiff. At this point, Murrue was very close to the creature, too close for comfort. It was a fearsome creature indeed, with its spiked collar and particularly large size for a dog. Deep down, she felt intimidated by this creature.

"You are here to speak to Mr. Fanel, am I correct?" asked the dog, surprising Murrue.

"You can talk?" gasped Murrue.

"Of course I can. All of Digimon-kind can talk," replied the dog. "I'm what you called a 'Dobermon,' a species of Digimon, but you can call me Harold."

"This is the first time I've ever met a dog who can talk," admitted Murrue.

"I'm not surprised," replied Harold. "You don't see Digimon out of the Digital Nations too often. Anyways, you're here to meet Mr. Fanel, right?"

"Yes," replied Murrue.

Harold stepped aside, allowing Murrue to enter Folken's room. "Captain Murrue Ramius, I presume? Pleased to meet you; I'm Folken Fanel, the chief strategist of this group. I'm sure you have been briefed by Lord Athha about the situation."

Folken got off his chair to shake Captain Ramius' hand. "That is correct. The Three Ship Alliance is prepared to assist you against the Omnipotence organization."

Meanwhile, Anna Kyoyama was busy preparing for her séance with Eddie Valiant. The scientists and engineers of the army waited patiently as the young priestess concentrated on her prayer beads. As she chanted strange prayers in Japanese, her beads lit up blue like a beacon to guide the ghosts in the spiritual world. Before her beads formed the translucent image of a human world man in a beige trench coat. He wore suspenders and a dress shirt underneath that was visible through an opening in his coat. The man had a fairly gruff looking appearance with dark hair and was somewhat portly. He was very incensed at being disturbed from his rest in the afterlife.

"Who the hell is calling me?" said Eddie. "You'd better have a good reason!"

"Eddie!" said Roger, thrilled to finally see the face of his best friend once again. "It's me Roger! Don't you recognize me?"

"Roger? Hey pal, it's been such a long time. How've ya been?"

"I'm feeling good. I married Jessica and we had two kids together," replied Roger.

"Wow, that's great! Congratulations! I wish I was around to see your kids."

"Yeah... Listen, Eddie we need your help," asked Roger. "A month ago, Toontown was attacked."

Eddie now showed great concern. "Attacked? How did that happen?"

"They used these big robots that my friend Ross was trying to track down. I crashed into their warehouse one night and they tied me up. He rescued me as they were trying to get away. They built up the robots and set them loose on Toontown with scary monsters."

"I see," replied Eddie. "Who did this?" Roger proceeded to describe the adventures of the ki, sci/psi, and magic teams, who've all faced down Omnipotence during their adventures. He also told him of the army's current situation. "So they're anime Toons? You want me to lead the same people who turned LA into a wasteland?"

"It wasn't their fault. They are good people. They didn't kill all those people," said Roger in defence of the anime Toons. "They didn't attack Toontown. Omnipotence is framing them, just like Judge Doom framed me for Marvin Acme's murder. They need your help. They need you to lead them to fight the bad guys and show the Toons that they're not guilty. Do it for me p-p-p-p-p-p-pleeeease?"

"Oh alright," replied Eddie. "If its to help Toons you can count me in."

"Thanks Eddie, you're the greatest!" said Roger.

"Yeah, but how do I lead an army? I'm just a ghost."

"That's where we come in, Mr. Valiant," addressed Faust. "I am Dr. Johannes Faust VIII and these are my colleagues." Faust proceeded to introduce the other members of his team of scientists and spiritualists. "We are going to place your spirit into the body of a special android. However, we've hit a snag in the android's animation ritual. In order to overcome it, we need access to your remains."

"So you're going to dig up my grave?" asked Eddie. "Oh great, just great."

"Is it okay with you?" asked Faust. "We simply can't continue the project without those remains."

"Sure, but if you are going to raise me from the dead, could you do the same for Dolores?" asked Eddie. "I want her to see how the world has changed since our time. I want her to see Roger's children."

"Who's Dolores?" asked Tails.

"Dolores is Eddie's wife," informed Roger.

"Oh okay, I guess we can make another android for her," replied Tails. "However, it will take some time because we weren't planning on making another one."

"Thanks a lot, Tails," said Eddie.




Meanwhile, Takato and Guilmon played Frisbee with Sakura and her friends. Sakura tossed the disc to Takato, who then tossed it to Guilmon. Instead of catching it, the disc flew past the dinosaur and into some bushes. Behind the shrubbery, Kira Yamato walked up a set of stairs accompanied by Lacus. The Frisbee landed on the steps just in time for Kira to step on it. The strange sensation puzzled him and caused him to look down. Lacus looked down wondering what he saw and picked up the disc out of curiosity just as Guilmon came into area.

"Oh excuse me! That's my Frisbee," said Guilmon. "Can I have it back, please?"

The way he looked and how he said it made Guilmon appear very cute to Lacus. He acted much like a dog even though he looked nothing like one. "Here you go Mr. Dinosaur."

"Thank you!" said Guilmon, before taking the disc and running back.

"Cute little guy," remarked Kira before continuing on his way with Lacus.

At this precise moment, Koichi happened to pass by. "Oh hi Guilmon!"

"Hi Koichi!" he replied as he ran back to his friends.

Koichi continued down the road to a patio outside of a cafe. With all the soldiers, heroes, and personnel at the location, it was important to have a place where they could unwind and have a meal. This beautiful cafe had a French motif to it. It had white plastic tables covered by umbrellas with similarly styled chairs. At one of these tables was Jessica Rabbit, seated with her two kids, Rena and Rick. The Rabbit family was eating a dessert of vanilla ice cream with a handful of sprinkles scattered on top. As Koichi came into view, Jessica waved to Koichi.

"Hi Ms. Rabbit!" said Koichi.

"Oh, hi Koichi, I wasn't expecting to see you here," replied Jessica.

"Hi Uncle Koichi!" greeted the young Rabbits.

"Hey little guys, how's it been?"

"It's been great here. Everyone's so cool!" replied Rick. "Sonic took me on a ride in one of the Blue Typhoon's ships."

"Wow, that's great. It must've been exciting!"

"Yeah, we flew over the ocean and even into space," said Rick.

"Hiya kids!" greeted Roger as he approached.

"Hi Roger, so how was the séance?" asked Jessica.

"Eddie was a little... What's that word? Oh yeah, reluctant! Yeah! He was reluctant at first but he said 'yes!' after I asked him to help us," said Roger.

"So he's still thinking about that," remarked Jessica.

"No kidding," replied Roger.

"Thinking of what?" asked Koichi.

"The LA massacre," replied Jessica. "Many humans and Toons still have grudges against anime Toons because of that. It happened about fifteen years ago..."

No one knew what could possibly have drove them to such violence, but one day late in the summer of 1990, several anime Toons went on a rampage of devastating proportions in LA. Some believed they were random thugs who, by sheer coincidence, all went on a crime spree at around the same time. Others believed these anime Toons to have working for a larger criminal organization. Whatever their reason, their acts caused immense damage to LA, parts of which were still being repaired more than ten years after the fact. The deaths at the hands of these anime Toons and the subsequent riots numbered in the thousands. Not one of the anime Toons survived to shed light on their motivations as all had died during the attempts to stop them.

That day, a muscular, spiky-haired man sauntered down the street. He was a Saiyan, a member of this devastatingly powerful race of warriors featured on Dragonball Z. This man arrogantly marched down the street with a sack of loot slung over his shoulder. Crowds of people fled before this monster while behind him was a wake of destruction the likes of which no one had ever seen. Behind were ruptured fire hydrants, violently torn from the ground, gushing water endlessly into the sky like a fountain. Cars laid abandoned and smashed to pieces, reduced to nothing more than flaming wrecks. The streets were cracked and the homes for the people of LA were reduced to smouldering rubble.

"That's horrible," remarked Koichi, now seated, listening to Jessica's tale.

"I was lucky to be in Toontown at the time," admitted Jessica. "The Valiants hid in our mansion to escape the rioters. It was awful. The only thing that was just as bad was what happened to Toontown over a month ago."

"I can see why Toons and humans would hate us," said Koichi. "That's why we need to stop Omnipotence quickly. If they continue to attack the Toons, more people will die needlessly."

"I know," said Jessica. "If Eddie hadn't stopped Doom, Toontown would not be here today."

"If he could save Toontown like you said, I know he can save us from Omnipotence," said Koichi.

END OF CHAPTER

New Stars of Heaven/Heavenly Leaders:
#2 Tengou, The Star of Conflagration: Lacus Clyne (Gundam Seed)
#23 Tenbi, The Lowly Star: Murrue Ramius (Gundam Seed)
#32 Tenrou, The Goal Star: Kira Yamato (Gundam Seed)
#33 Tensui, The Star of Intelligence: Flay Alster (Gundam Seed)

New Stars of Earth/Earthly Warriors:
#57 Chijyu, The Beast Star: Joe Kido (Digimon)
#75 Chiri, The Star of Justice: Meilin Li (Cardcaptors)
#77 Chigaku, The Star of Music: Madison Taylor (Cardcaptors)
#81 Chikei, The Halted Star: Mu La Flaga (Gundam Seed)
#82 Chima, The Devil Star: Takato & Guilmon (Digimon Tamers)
#94 Chihei, The Smooth Star: Amon (Witch Hunter Robin)
#103 Chisou, The Strong Star: Cagalli Athha (Gundam Seed)
#107 Chizoku, The Thieving Star: Rouge the Bat (Sonic X)
#108 Chikou, The Dog Star: Tory Avalon (Cardcaptors)

Spotlight: Gundam (Seed)

Gundam Seed follows the events of an epic Cosmic Era conflict known as the Bloody Valentine War. This conflict consisted of two opposing factions, the Earth Alliance and space-based ZAFT. This conflict began on Valentine's Day with the Alliance firing a nuclear weapon at the Junius Seven space colony, massacring nearly a quarter million Coordinators in the process. This event became known as the Bloody Valentine Tragedy. One young Coordinator, Kira Yamato, is caught up in the war, joining it on the Alliance side initially. Athrun Zala, however, ended up fighting the same war on the ZAFT side, putting the two friends into conflict.

Origin:
The Gundam series consists of many individuals from different timelines. Those who have joined the war against Omnipotence are from the Cosmic Era. Most of the people of the Cosmic Era are ordinary humans, making them stand out in a group like the Stars of Destiny. The first Coordinator to ever exist, George Glenn, was the one who revealed the genetically manipulating process to bring Coordinators into the world. Ironically, it led to a major rift between Natural and Coordinators, who made up the ranks of the Earth Alliance and ZAFT respectively.

Powers:
In the Cosmic Era, most humans are Naturals, those who have not been altered genetically. The others are Coordinators, who have undergone the scientific processes to improve their physical and mental performance. Most powers in the Cosmic Era are grounded in scientific law. Their most notable technology is the mobile suit, walking biped war machines. They are capable of space travel, but have yet to develop any method to exceed the speed of light. Ki and magic powers are only found in visiting outsiders. Those who can use magic and ki, as well as those strong in psionics are called "Supernaturals" because of their strange, alien powers.

However, some people have been observed to have subtle psionic abilities. These people are called Newtypes, a term borrowed from another timeline called the Universal Century. They have an uncanny spatial awareness to the point of being a sixth sense and can even see briefly into the future. Newtypes can sense others of their kind and some are even telepathic and psychokinetic. Whenever Newtypes sense danger or another Newtype, a white "bolt" flashes before their eyes.

Another psionic power is the Superior Evolutionary Element Destined factor, or SEED factor. People who have it can enter into a special mode that increases their reflexes and ability to process information. This is usually triggered by a strong resolve on the part of the user during battle. When a person enters into the SEED mode, they briefly see a jewel-like seed that explodes into a nova. Their irises dilate and their pupils contract.