Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Anime Margin: 108 Stars of Destiny ❯ Wrath of God Story, part 3: Valiance Triumphant ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer:
This fic uses characters, places, themes from franchises that are the property of others. I do not own these franchises.

Special Thanks to:
Charles Xavier, Fanfiction.net author: For writing an awesome crossover with anime and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Suikosource website: for providing great information that made this fic possible.

The Anime Margin: 108 Stars of Destiny
By: RB3


Wrath of God Story, part 3: Valiance Triumphant


Once the light-hearted capital of Toons, Toontown was now in utter disorder. The stress from suffering repeated cataclysms had taken its toll. The sky of Toontown had been darkened by the cottony rain clouds hovered over head. Lightning arced from the sky and striking random parts of the world below. Through the streets, chaos was the order of the day as streets were abandoned. Fires raged from cars which had crashed into nearby buildings and even other cars. Stores fronts had been smashed up, glass scattered everywhere, and even brick walls had holes punched into them.

Police dogs and weasels rushed from place to place trying desperately to restore order to no avail. One group of officers approached a set of Toons in an insane tantrum. The Toons were throwing anything they could find at virtually anything that was in the area, from store fronts to apartments and homes. When the officers approached, the Toons turned their pies at them. The officers hid in their car until the rioters exhausted their ammunition. They played right into the hands of other Toons, who dumped a piano on them from the roof of an apartment building. It squashed the police flat along with their car.

At the heart of this chaos was a revolt against Adam Acme, President of the Tooniverse. Before revolting, the Toons were already at their breaking point from Acme's authoritarian rule. Evidence of his lies and war crimes, particularly in Ba Sing Se, took the Toons to the brink. The thing that finally pushed them over the edge was the realization of the Justice Society's revolt. The involvement of so many famous Superheroes gave their rebellion a legitimacy that was truly a boon from the gods. Since they were willing to fight back, the Toons were emboldened to do the same.

Even with the support of big name Superheroes like Batman, Supergirl, and Green Arrow, many still sided with Acme. He was still the legal government as voted in by the Toons. He was also supported by more of the well-known Superheroes of the Justice League like Superman and Green Lantern. The forces led by the Justice League, police, and even the Tooniverse Guard formed tight defensive rings around the Presidential Mansion. The battle was neck and neck between the two factions with Toontown and as the main battleground.

Green Arrow spotted a bulwark blocking a critical street leading to the Mansion. It was under heavy guard by the Tooniverse Guard. He reared back an arrow on his bow string and released it into the soldiers. The arrow spewed a puff of smoke which instantly knocked the Toons out. A squad of armed men stormed the bulwark and secured the unconscious Guard. Green Arrow advanced across rooftops and spotted another bulwark. This one had an armoured car supporting it. He reared back two arrows this time. The first released an EM pulse which disabled the armoured car while the second, a gas arrow, felled the soldiers.

His first goal done, the Green Arrow descended to street level to support other resistance fighters. He plunged an arrow it into the unprotected ribs of a SWAT officer. The arrow released several volts of electricity which caused the officer to convulse before going unconscious. Moments later, Superman descended from the sky to confront him. "Hello Superman, nice to see you..." said Green Arrow.

"I would say the same to you too, but I'm really not in the mood," replied Superman.

Green Arrow sighed. "Do we have to go through with this again? The people are angry! Our President is a criminal and has oppressed them. We are getting rid of a power hungry dictator. We are ensuring that no one will have to suffer under his yolk again!" stated Green Arrow. "Can't you see that?"

"No, I don't see. Acme was put into power by legal vote. He is protecting us from the violence of anime Toons."

Green Arrow sighed. "He's not protecting us at all. All he is doing is using us to fulfill his selfish agenda. I didn't want it to come down to this, but it looks like I have no choice. If you won't listen to reason, then I have no choice but to call you an enemy."

He raised his bow and prepared an arrow for Superman. "It seems like the feeling is mutual," agreed Superman, who advanced on Green Arrow.

He fired the arrow at Superman, hitting him directly on the chest. The arrow discharged a burst of electricity which momentarily staggered the Man of Steel. As Superman recovered, Green Arrow prepared another arrow. Superman removed the first arrow away and rushed the Green Arrow with preternatural speed. With a single shove, he knocked the Green Arrow to the ground. Despite Green Arrow's attempts to prepare another shot, Superman snatched the quiver away and knocked Green Arrow back to the ground. He peered through the quiver, seeing a glowing green arrow inside through X-ray.

With a burst of heat vision, Superman incinerated the entire quiver, arrows and all. "I'm sorry Oliver, but this has to be done," said Superman.

"Indeed," said Green Arrow.

Suddenly, an object came flying past Superman and embedded itself into a wooden fruit stand nearby. Superman suddenly felt his strength drain away and collapsed onto the ground. Green Arrow took the object, a special knife used by ninja called a "kunai." The knife had a diamond shaped blade with a handle that ended in a ring for easy access while under duress. Unlike normal kunai, this was fashioned from the radioactive mineral known as Kryptonite, Superman's greatest weakness. Green Arrow examined the kunai and gave a thumbs-up to an unseen thrower. He put the kunai's around his finger by the ring and twirled it.

"This had to be done," said Green Arrow. "We are going to free the Tooniverse from this tyrant. The people won't have to suffer under Acme again. You can stay here and watch as we free our world." Superman could only watch helplessly as the Green Arrow propped a portable TV on the fruit stand. He plunged the kunai next to the screen and turned the TV to the news. "Enjoy the show."

The battle was over soon after it had started. With Superman incapacitated by Green Arrow's trap, the Presidential Mansion's defenders were denied their greatest warrior. The Presidential Mansion fell quickly despite the efforts of the other Superheroes. Toons of all shapes and sizes stormed the mansion coming in through doors, windows or any other way they could. One by one, those Toons ruling in Acme's stead were dragged out like pieces of meat. They were hurled into vans which drove them to parts unknown.

On national TV, Green Arrow announced the offering of the President's position to Mickey Mouse, the candidate who scored the next highest vote total after Acme. Mickey walked up to the podium. "Thank you, thank you very much. Acme caused a lot of damage to Toontown. With the help of every Toon, we can rebuild the Tooniverse so that it is bigger and better than it was before."




The battle fleet travelled across the planets of the void of the Valiance solar system. Currently, they had reached the fourth planet and were on their way to the third. This fleet was the largest that Valiance had ever seen. Almost everyone who had any association with Acme had sent ships to fill out this fleet. There were the sleek ships of the Abh led by Chimera. The Toons had sent several UFOs to join them, courtesy of Acme's infiltration of their political apparatus. The last were ships acquired from Blue Cosmos in the Cosmic Era through Omnipotence's arms running ring.

Following this massive fleet of ships was Omnipotence's trump card, the El Hazardan superweapon known as the Eye of God. Unlike the other space vessels, the Eye stood out from the fleet due to its uniform, spherical shape. Its pupil, the weapon's gravity cannon, was looking directly at the Valiance home world, its next victim. As the fleet closed the gap to the third planet, several distant objects came into view. As the Omnipotence fleet advanced, the objects grew larger and larger until they could be identified as a Valiance fleet.

"Sir, we've made visual contact with the Omnipotence fleet," reported an officer over the radio.

"Good, wait for my signal," replied Folken over the radio. The Omnipotence fleet continued it advance until their radar blips reached a certain area near the Valiance fleet. "NOW!"

Suddenly, an explosion appeared out of nowhere, blasting a Toon UFO into pieces! Another explosion ripped through space, tearing an Abh warship into pieces. The Omnipotence fleet soon realized that they had blundered into a minefield and began to back-pedal away. Several more mines went off. When the mines were finished, they had reduced the enemy's fighting power by 80%. All that remained of the victims was a field of wreckage. Charred ship chassis littered the void floating aimlessly through the void. Undeterred, Acme's fleet pressed on.

After a few minutes, the Valiance and Omnipotence fleets opened fire on each other. The darkness of space became alit with streams of blue and yellow light. Valiance ships launched mobile suits and space fighters into battle, mirroring similar moves by the Omnipotence forces. Mobile suits zipped from location to location, taking an opportunity to fire once they found a moment of calm. An M1 Astray weaved past enemy fire and blasted an enemy mobile suit with its beam rifle. A space fighter snuck up on the Astray's six and pelted it with energy, destroying it in a fiery blaze.

Several missiles swooshed out of a Nelson-class battleship's tubes. They immediately locked on and slammed into a Valiance mobile suit squad kamikaze-style. The three mobile suits ripped to pieces in a burst of flame. As the battle went on, Omnipotence, with its greater numbers, began to force their way past Valiance's first defensive line, despite it still putting up extensive resistance. "Sir, the enemy fleet has broken past our defensive line," reported an officer over the radio.

"Our line is still strong... They're just asking for us to surround them," thought Folken. "All surviving units of the first line, close ranks and trap the enemy."

As the Omnipotence fleet and the Eye of God advanced, Valiance's first line closed ranks to trap the Omnipotence fleet between it and the second line. Even though they had been surrounded, the Omnipotence fleet pressed on despite what seemed to be a tactical blunder. All the while, the Eye of God followed the advance of its fleet, shooting any ships which dared attack it. Omnipotence's warships soon came within firing range of the second line, prompting more beams of light to soar through the void.

Suddenly, clouds began to form out of the nothingness of the space. Bolts of lightning arced from the clouds, flooding the emptiness with a dance of blue light. Electricity arced at a Nelson-class battleship, igniting circuitry both within and without. Suited crewmen rushed to extinguish insane fires resulting from the lightning. The heat was intense and the suffocating smoke was billowing out of control. Despite panicked attempts to move the ship out of the storm, a second bolt struck the ship. Its power core went into meltdown and exploded violently, tearing the ship in two. Blasts of flame erupted from the dying ship, incinerating everything within and anything nearby.

In a hidden location on the Valiance home world, the Clow magicians were gathered in circle a ritual room. On the ground was a magical seal that glowed with the golden light of magic. The Clow magicians chanted spells around this magical seal, using its great power to magnify their own. Floating above this magical seal was the Thunder card. Electricity arced throughout its body. As the magicians poured their power into it, the thunderstorm moved across the void, lashing out at any enemy ships in its wake. The lightning storm continued its rampage across the void, causing havoc among the Omnipotence fleet.

The Archangel opened its hangar door and catapulted several mobile suits and mobile armour. Among them were two of the ship's ace pilots Kira Yamato and Mu La Flaga. The two immediately stumbled into a battle between Valiance M1 Astrays and Omnipotence Strike Daggers. Being aces, they easily cut down the less experienced enemy pilots. The Freedom zipped away from an incoming energy beam and returned fire with a beam of its own. It seared through the enemy's arm, melting if off. After a fatally piercing shot to the torso, the Strike Dagger exploded.

The newly rebuilt Strike, the precursor and basis for the Strike Daggers, sidestepped an incoming energy beam. The enemy Strike Dagger launched a massive salvo of missiles, forcing Mu to dart away quickly. He raised his shield to block the beam of the enemy. The Strike lowered its guard and returned fire of its own. The hostile pilot attempted to dodge, but was not fast enough. One of Mu's beams seared through the Strike Dagger's leg, tearing it off. As the shock threw the mobile suit off balance, the Strike finished it off it with an energy beam.

"Kira, there's some Nelson-class battleships attacking at the Archangel. We have to go back and assist," said Mu.

"You first," said Kira.

The two ace mobile suit pilots returned to the Archangel, which was exchanging fire with two Nelson-class battleships. Although the Archangel was much more heavily armed and armoured than each enemy individually, the two of them together posed a credible threat. The Archangel fired its Lohengrin positron cannons in response as the two fired at it. The second Nelson banked away, but the first Nelson was struck and had its port side suffer severe melting damage. The first Nelson returned fire, forcing the Archangel to bank to its starboard side to evade. The second fired as well, tagging the Archangel in its port catapult and shaking up its crew.

Kira and Mu fired upon the closest Nelson battleship, drawing its fire away from the Archangel. Being more mobile units, the Nelson couldn't keep them in its sights. The Strike and Freedom retaliated with energy beams. The beams scorched the first Nelson, which were sitting ducks due to their large bulk. However, even though the two could hit the enemy with 100% accuracy, the enemy ships had force fields, which minimized the damage. The Nelson returned fire, but the aces slipped away. The two opened fire again, managing to break through the shield and damage the ship. The Archangel finished the job with fire from its Lohengrin.

"Great work kid!" congratulated Mu.

Meanwhile, the Magic Knights fought Omnipotence using their Rune Gods as mobile suits. The enemy mobile suits fired energy beams, but the Rune Gods proved to be just as fast, if not faster, than an ordinary mobile suit. Rayearth, Selece, and Windam scattered to evaded incoming fire. They regrouped and flung elemental magic at the enemy. Rayearth's fiery blast caught an enemy in the leg, melting it off. Selece released a dragon of water which flew out and tracked the enemy with a mind of its own. The dragon zeroed in the enemy mobile suit and punctured it, despite the pilot’s efforts to evade.

Another group of enemies fired at Windam, who raised a barrier of tangible air which blunted the energy beams. Windam threw a retaliatory blast of air which punctured a hole into an enemy's torso. While the others scattered, their comrade exploded. The other Magic Knights hunted down the remaining ones and cut them down with their blades. Despite the loss of so many mobile suits and battleships, Omnipotence's fleet kept going. The enemy fleet smashed a hole through the second line and barrelled straight for the third and final line, which would put the Eye of God in range of the planet.

"Are they crazy?" asked Murrue. "If they bust through like that, they'll be flanked by our line!"

"We can't let the Eye get through. We have to stop it now!" stated Tails, before issuing a command to his fighters. "All mobile suits and fighter craft, target the Eye of God."

Kira, Mu, and the Magic Knights fought their way through hordes of enemy mobile suits and fighters to reach the Eye of God. Once in firing range, the pilots pelted the Eye with energy beams and elemental blasts. Inside the Eye, Leguma's instruments detected the attack of the pilots. She immediately hit some buttons, activating the Eye's defence systems. Several guns arose from opening hatches along the metal surface. They turned to the pilots and opened fire with beams of energy. Windam raised a barrier of air which neutralized the energy.

"That things too shielded!" remarked Fuu. "We need more firepower."

"Okay, we're coming to support you. Please clear the way for us, Fuu," replied Lacus. "Reed, do you read me? Please move the lightning storm to the Eye of God."

"Roger, we're beginning our spell now," replied Reed.

As the Eternal, Archangel, and Blue Typhoon attempted to wade through the Omnipotence fleet, several enemy pilots took notice. They assaulted Valiance's ships relentlessly to keep them away from the Eye of God. Valiance's ace pilots rushed onto the scene and engaged the enemy. Rayearth sliced an enemy in half and then arced Ruby Lightning into a Strike Dagger. Mu dodged the fire of an Abh cruiser and came in for an attack run. He blasted off one of the cruiser's cannons and severely damaged its missile launcher. The Blue Typhoon fired its weapons onto the enemy, finally destroying it.

The three carriers and their allies pelted the Eye of God with all the firepower they could muster. Despite their combine power, the shield still held. The Eye returned fire, forcing Valiance's ships into retreating. "Still no good. Even when we combine our firepower, we can't make a dent into it," said Murrue.

"Captain, can you hear me?" asked Bulma.

"Go ahead, Ms. Briefs," replied Murrue.

"This looks like a job for us. We're going to hack into the Eye and bring it down from the inside," said Bulma.




The battle raged on with the Eye of God advancing on the Valiance home world. Although the greatest battle was playing out in space, another one was playing out on the surface of the home world. It was quiet on the surface of the Valiance home world. The radar screen showed no signs of any form of enemy incursion. Suddenly, a blip registered on the radar briefly. It was gone just as quickly as it came. The officer was suspicious and decided to send a jamming pulse to the area in question. In the stratosphere, a trio of static fields sparkled in the air, revealing a squadron of enemy fighters.

From his position in the mountains, Ed saw the formerly cloaked ships sparking with electricity. "We've got incoming!" he cried over the radio.

The fighters were a dark green, nearly black in colour. They consisted of a long shaft for a fuselage with a raised area for the pilot. Ed turned his gun to one of the enemy ships and pelted it with cannon fire. After a pair of misses, Ed finally hit the enemy ship. The enemy stealth craft shattered into flaming pieces which scattered all over the sky. Al zoomed in on a manoeuvring craft and flooded its location with flack. Like the Ed, Al caused his target to rip into pieces and explode. Al switched to a second and then a third target, bringing each of them down like flies.

"Hey this is fun!" remarked Al. "That's three for me, brother!"

"Oh, is that a challenge?" asked Ed. "You're on!"

As the Elric brothers competed to shoot down enemy ships, Inuyasha's demon hunter team was waiting in the woods for their next orders. "So, all we're doing is sitting here and wait?" asked Inuyasha gruffly.

"That's what Eddie told us to do," replied Sango. "I've seen some explosions over the mountains we won't have to wait long."

"I know that," replied Inuyasha. "...But what the hell does he mean when says to look out for 'strange things?'"

"He told us that the enemy might use invisible ships to land people on the ground," replied Shippo.

"Wait, I see something," said Kagome.

Through her binoculars, Kagome noticed an oddity in the plains just outside of the forest. She noticed several patches of strangely depressed grass, yet could see nothing physically holding the grass down. She heard the faint sound of machinery working and noticed part of a humanoid shape entering her view. She immediately called for a jamming pulse to be sent to the field. A sphere of concentrated electricity descended onto the plains from above. A feeling of static filled the air and electricity arced about, exposing a cloaked Omnipotence drop ship.

The ship was stubby with a nearly cross-like shape. It had a hook-shaped bow with a see-through cockpit for the pilot. On the top of the ship was a rotating turret used to defend the ship and its troops during a landing. The turret fired into the forest randomly, trying to hit whoever had spotted them. More troops were scrambling out of the drop ship under the cover of turret fire. Kagome reached for a special arrow with an explosive tip and let it rip from her bow. The arrow struck the turret, violently blasting it to pieces.

The troops, a squad of faceless soldiers, dove for cover. When they believed the coast was clear, they opened fire into the forest. Like the person manning the turret, the soldiers did not know the exact location of Inuyasha's team either. However, they were able to guess the general direction by tracing Kagome's arrow back to the forest. The team hid behind a mound of dirt with Sango shielding herself with Hiraikotsu. When the attacks subsided, the group charged the soldiers. Inuyasha leapt onto the treetops and swatted a Wind Scar into the soldiers.

Upon striking the men, they shattered to pieces, exposing sparkling wires and circuitry. Inuyasha was puzzled by the strange deaths of his victims. The soldiers turned their fire onto him, snapping him back to reality. He held Tessaiga in front as shield against the hail of energy shots. Kagome peeked out and fired an arrow into the head of one of the men. Like his comrades, the arrow punctured metal rather than flesh, which sparkled with unbridled electricity. Sango threw Hiraikotsu into the squad, which cut down the last of the men before returning to her hands.

"They're not human," remarked Sango.

"No, they're not," repeated Kagome. "They're machines that only look human."

Elsewhere, Omnipotence soldiers closed in on a pylon hidden in the mountains east of the Valiance camp. This important structure looked like a tower made of metal with a nimbus of energy emanating from its cupped top. It was part of Valiance's defence system against the Eye of God. On the event that Omnipotence broke through Valiance's lines of defence in space, the shield would act as the final line of defence. With the shield, Valiance would have more time to out a winning gambit to destroy the Eye of God. However, Omnipotence had anticipated this manoeuvre and had sent a commando force to ruin this plan.

Evangelion Unit 02 fired its assault rifle into a squad of Strike Daggers returning fire from the plains. "Man, these guys are persistent!" complained Asuka.

Unit 01 took a position beside her and directed fire at a Strike Dagger attempting to pounce at the Valiance line. "These guys won't give up!" said Shinji.

"Hold on you guys," said Misato over the radio. "We can't let them destroy the shield pylon. If it goes, our base will be vulnerable."

Unit 00 shot down a Strike Dagger which descended upon Asuka. "Hmmf, leave it to wonder girl to get all the glory!"

The Strike Daggers continued to advance, putting great pressure on the Evangelions. Asuka fired her gun until she finally ran out of ammo. She ducked away behind a mountain and pulled out an energy gun to return fighting. The enemy continued to advance, forcing the Evangelions to fall back deeper into the mountains. The enemy entered the valleys and roads while pelting the Evangelions with bullets and energy beams. The Evangelions were forced all the way back to the shield pylon, the furthest back they can go.

Asuka spotted a Strike Dagger leaping in the air towards the pylon. She shot the enemy in the chest, burning a hole clean through it. However, the enemy fell towards the pylon instead, crashing into it and exploding. "NOOOOOO!" cried Asuka as she watched the Strike Dagger explode like a living bomb.

"Misato, they took out the shield pylon!" reported Shinji.

"Shit!" cursed Misato. "All units fall back. I repeat, fall back!"




Like in the ground battle, Omnipotence's space advance was relentless. The Omnipotence fleet bore through the second line, not bothering to wipe out the Valiance line or that the survivors could surround them. They were absolutely determined to get the Eye of God into firing range. The loss of the shield pylon meant that the shield was no longer available to protect the planet from Eye of God bombardment. Despite these pair of devastating victories, the battle was far from over. The Eye of God and its escorting fleet were right in the heart of the third line and still advancing.

An energy beam slammed into the Archangel, shaking the ship violently and rattling its crew. From the stress of such a ferocious battle, Kira and Athrun saw a brief glimpse of a jewelled seed explode into particles before their eyes. When the vision subsided, their irises were dilated and their pupils had contracted to mere points. As though in a fit of desperation, the two young mobile suit pilots had gone berserk. They came at the Omnipotence warships with a ferocity and ruthlessness never before seen by the enemy.

The Freedom sliced a Strike Dagger in half and whirled his blade back into a second in a single smooth move. It weaved past the heavy fire of an Abh battle cruiser and punctured its way through the shields. Upon landing on the ship's deck, the Freedom jabbed its beam sword into the chassis and flew parallel to its length. Effectively sawed in half, the cruiser peeled in two and exploded. The Aegis Custom cut down six Strike Daggers in a dance of death fuelled by rage. It transformed into mobile armour mode and bored through a UFO's shields with its Scylla beam cannon. Upon reaching its unprotected body, the Aegis latched to the bow with its prongs and fired a point-blank shot which melted clean through. As the Aegis fled, the UFO exploded.

"The Eye of God has cleared the third line!" cried an officer over the radio. "It has cut its engines and is charging its gravity cannon."

Deep inside the memory of the Eye of God's computer system, Valiance cyberspace troops were fighting for control. The massive army came under massive fire from a motley crew of defensive programs and viruses holed up in several nodes. There was a battle everywhere the eye could see, as Valiance Digimon and other cyberspace entities clashed with Omnipotence counterparts. Duskmon sliced into a diminutive virus in a hard hat, slicing the creature in half. With blinding speed, he zipped over to a stationary gun and cut it down.

Megaman and Roll ran past the carnage left behind by Duskmon's wake. His Digimon forces closed a line around the two, keeping the Omnipotence viruses and units away from them. As the two Navis ran towards the tunnel leading to a neighbouring node, Duskmon fired at anyone who dared target them. Silphymon flew over them, cutting off the attack of a flying green germ blob. The two Digimon followed the Navis in just as more viruses closed in from behind. War Growlmon incinerated the army with a single Atomic Blaster. He landed on the ground and blocked the tunnel entrance with his body.

Megaman, Roll, Duskmon, and Silphymon came into a massive room seemingly made of plastic with a hard floor of clear crystal. Several pipes ran along the roof to the various facilities of the Eye of God. All of the pipes led back to the Eye's power core, which was a seemingly infinitely tall pillar of metal looming over a sea of arcing electricity. In a distant node they could see a cannon-like structure, which was likely the Eye's gravity cannon. Energy was flowing from the pipes and gathering within a silo-like capacitor just outside the boundaries of the cannon.

"This place must be where they control the flow of energy through the Eye," observed Roll.

"From the look of it, they are charging to fire the cannon," said Silphymon. "Megaman, hack into the system and stop the Eye."

Megaman summoned a spectral control panel from thin air and began to type. Suddenly, several viruses descended on the team. "Protect Megaman!" cried Duskmon.

One by one, the viruses fell to the blasts of Duskmon and Silphymon. As Megaman scrambled to hack into the system, Roll erected a pink barrier around him for safety. Although the Digimon were able to keep Megaman relatively safe, they were more concerned about time. The capacitor was more than 90% full and filling by the second. "Hurry Megaman!" cried Roll.

Megaman frantically typed until he finally hit pay dirt. "I'm in!" cried Megaman triumphantly.

He immediately typed in some commands into the keyboard. The pipe travelling from the capacitor to the gravity cannon began to turn leftwards. This in effect caused the capacitor to be linked back to the power core. When the pipe finished turning, Megaman smashed the console so that no one else could ever use it again. The capacitor hit 100% and began to send energy through the pipe back to the power core. However, having so much energy redirected back to the power core had disastrous results. Rays of blue light began to seep from cracks forming on the pillar. The ground began to shake violently.

"I'm done. Let's get out of here!"

The army immediately left the cyberspace of the Eye of God, and not a moment too soon. In the meantime, the Eye's pilot, Leguma, began preparations to fire the Eye of God. "Commencing primary ignition," reported Leguma from the cockpit. "Disengaging all safeties and charging capacitors to full." The console bleeped once the capacitor reached 100%. She uncovered a large red button in preparation for the next order. "Capacitors at 100%, ready to fire on your order, sir."

"FIRE!" cried Leguma's commanding officer.

She pressed the red button. Suddenly, an alarm klaxon sounded from her console while her cockpit flashed red. "Danger! Danger! Power is being rerouted back to the core," announced the computer.

She punched some keys to locate the problem, which displayed a schematic of the power flow in the Eye of God. As the warning stated, power was indeed flowing back into the core from the capacitors. If such a situation continued, the core would meltdown and explode. Leguma frantically typed away at the keys to restore the normal flow of power. The console buzzed and gave her an error message saying that the power regulation software was not responding. As she tried again and again to reroute power, panic began to set in.

Her terminal displayed a timer for the power core's meltdown. As the timer approached ten seconds, sweat was forming on her brow. "Ten seconds until core meltdown," chimed the computer monotonously. "Nine... eight... seven... six... five... four... three... two... one..."

"NOOOOOOO!" cried Leguma.

The Eye of God exploded in massive, brilliant burst of flame like a supernova. A devastating shockwave rippled from the explosion, crashing into Omnipotence's hapless fleet. The shockwave sent ships flying for miles around, scattering them around like a child throwing toys in a tantrum. It tipped the Archangel forward as it hurled it away, tossing the crew out of their seats. Murrue was taken by such surprise that she fell out of her seat and crashed into the roof near the frontal viewing screen. Flay crashed into the captain's seat and was slumped over it in a confused daze. Sai and Miriallia flew out of their seats and hit the back wall of the bridge.

The Eye's explosion was utterly devastating to Omnipotence's fleet. Being in such close proximity to the Eye, Omnipotence's fleet took the brunt of the damage. An Abh battleship slammed into a Toon UFO, mashing the metal chassis together gruesomely. Both ships went up in a brilliant blaze of glory. An unlucky Strike Dagger was overtaken by the wave and ripped apart at the seams. At the edge of the fleet, Strike Daggers and fighter ship were thrown through space to hurled to regions yet to be known. With mass numbers of its fleet annihilated and the Eye of God vanquished, Acme's forces suffered terminal demoralisation.

Though reeling from the explosion, Valiance did not take long to recover. One by one, they cut down enemy ships as though it was going out of style. Valiance beams seared their way through enemy ships while missiles blasted holes large enough for a truck to pass through. Like dominoes, enemy ships fell one after the other. Those enemies at the fringes of the shockwave were able to reorient their ships to make a run for it. After Valiance forces tore through the enemy, less than ten percent of the Omnipotence fleet managed to escape and survive.

When the battle was over, the victorious Valiance fleet returned to their home world to celebrate a glorious victory. Today was a day that would live on in infamy for Omnipotence terrorists. It was the day that the tide turned against the greatest terrorist group ever known in the anime worlds. Lan, Mayl, Koichi, Yolei, and Hawkmon, instrumental in this victory, stood before the amassed heroes and soldiers of Valiance. As the names of heroes were called Eddie Valiant presented them with medals to commemorate their courage in the face of great crisis.

"I present to them the Golden Fedora, the highest honour we can bestow for courage in the face of great adversity," announced Eddie, who placed medals around their necks and shook their hands after having their names called out.

Lan, Mayl, and the others stood forwards to bask in the adulation of their peers. "Great work kid! You did it!" cried Mu La Flaga.

"Yay!" cried Miriallia, who had a bandage around her head.

"Alright Mayl!" cried Miho.

"Congratulations!" cried Murrue Ramius, sporting a bandage around a cut she had suffered.

"My son, you have made me so proud!" cried Dr. Hikari, tears in his eyes. Dr. Wily handed him a handkerchief.

END OF CHAPTER

New Stars of Heaven/Heavenly Leaders:
None

New Stars of Earth/Earthly Warriors:
#72 Chisyu, The Complete Star: Oliver Queen, the Green Arrow (Justice League)

Spotlight: Justice League Unlimited

Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern... These are some of the greatest Superheroes known to Earth. Whenever crisis falls upon the Earth, it is the Justice League's self-imposed duty to help the planet through those troubled times. Since the group's humble beginnings as an anti-invasion force, the Justice League had expanded to include nearly every known Superhero on Earth.

Origin:
The founding members of the Justice League are Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, Hawkgirl, Batman, and the Martian Manhunter. Before the Justice League formed, a group of aliens had started an invasion on the Earth. These seven heroes were the ones who repelled the alien invaders and ultimately became the leaders and role models of the League. Since then, the League has expanded and is now a defence force for the Tooniverse. The Green Arrow was a member of the first batch of heroes to be inducted into the Justice League.

Powers:
The Justice League's world is one of the rare places where nearly all of the power types are represented. Superhero powers run the gamut of power types and manifestations with the notable exception of ki, which no Justice Leaguer uses. Though the Superheroes' Earth has modern levels of science, a few Superheroes gain their abilities from science more advanced than what the general population had. Most Superheroes derive their superhuman abilities from psionics, using their mind to cause supernatural effects to occur. There are very few magic users, but some are members of the Justice League.