Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Anime Margin: 108 Stars of Destiny ❯ Pillar of the Worlds Story, part 1: A Day at the Arcade ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer:
This fic uses characters, places, themes from franchises that are the property of others. I do not own these franchises.

Special Thanks to:
Charles Xavier, Fanfiction.net author: For writing an awesome crossover with anime and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Suikosource website: for providing great information that made this fic possible.

The Anime Margin: 108 Stars of Destiny
By: RB3


Pillar of the Worlds Story, part 1: A Day at the Arcade


It was a long road, but finally, Valiance had reached this point. Omnipotence's forces across the anime worlds were in tatters. Their arms running and money laundering schemes were in ruins, thanks to Ross Syllabus, Naomi Armitage, and the witch hunters. The Eye of God had finally been destroyed for good, something the heroes of El Hazard weren't able to do on their own. The Abh Empire was a shadow of its former glory, brought down by Omnipotence infiltration, factional civil war, and the invasion of its enemies.

The only thing remaining was to liberate Cephiro, the world of the Magic Knights. Adam Acme and the remainder of Omnipotence's forces had occupied this world and placed it under heavy guard. Although Valiance had disrupted his plans to achieve godhood, Valiance's mole began leaking reports of him finding ways to get around these problems. Nevertheless, Valiance's efforts had bought time to prepare an invasion, a very precious commodity.

Valiance forces worked diligently to prepare for their greatest battle ever. They simply could not allow Acme to attempt to spread the Pillar system across worlds. These others worlds simply were never meant to have such a system placed on it. The Pillar system was impossible under the rules of these other worlds. This contradiction was what would generate Paradox that would ultimately destroy all worlds.

Despite such a burden on the heroes of Valiance, they were determined to rise to the challenge. In the last few days before the attack on Cephiro, the heroes relaxed to get their minds off of the great battle ahead. It was lunch time and the heroes went to the various stores set up to serve the Valiance army. Sanji sliced beef doner kabob from a spit for his customers. For the priestesses of Muldoon, it was familiar treat since doner was a specialty of their home, El Hazard. They were sat together at a table to eat their hearty meal.

"Hello girls!" said Sanji as he delivered their meal personally.

"Hi, Sanji!" said the three priestesses, Miz and Shayla with happiness, and Afura with exasperation.

The girls tasted his dish. "So how's the food?" Sanji asked.

"Yep, delicious as always," replied Shayla.

Shayla elbowed Afura to get her to respond. "Yeah, you're a good cook, Sanji," she replied.

"Mmm, if only my husband was as good a cook as you," remarked Miz.

"Why thanks girls, it really means a lot to hear you say that," said Sanji. "There's so little time left. I'd really like someone special to spend what little time we have?"

"I'm not interested," said Afura.

"Sorry, I'm happily married. I don't want Masamichi to get the wrong idea..." said Miz.

"Sounds like fun, but I have more important things to do." Shayla noticed Nanami serving doner to Zolo and Gourry at the neighbouring table. "Why don't you go out with Nanami there? Say hi to her for me."

At the neighbouring table, Gourry wolfed down his meal in front of a wide-eyed, slack-jawed Zolo. Gourry shovelled the meat into his mouth and chewed it down rapidly. He then took several forks filled with vegetables and shovelled them down his mouth. Gourry grabbed a cup of juice and guzzled it down in the span of a few seconds. He returned to his plate and devoured more doner, chewing it rapidly, and scattering bits of food all over the table. He had at least five dirty plates piled up next to him.

"Honestly, I don't see how you can eat that much. Where does all that food go?" asked Zolo incredulously.

"Mmm, I love this stuff. That Sanji guy is awesome!" said Gourry between bites.

"One of these days you're going to choke if you keep eating that way."

"Don't worry, I can manage," said Gourry, while guzzling down orange juice.




When Gourry finally finished his meal, he and Zolo made their way to the training areas to get some sparring in. Along the way, they passed by Sakura Avalon, who was walking down the street with her friends. They came across an ice cream stand and ordered cones. As Sakura licked her cone, the ice cream gave off a coldness that was as smooth as silk. It was the perfect way to cool off on a warm, sunny day. When they were done, they entered a special virtual reality game arcade constructed by Dr. Wily.

"Hey kids, you want to play?" asked Wily.

"Sure, Doctor. We're going for the treasure today," replied Yolei.

The kids stood on a special pad which transported them into the virtual world inside the computer. It was much like the world Navis like Megaman and Roll were familiar with. The floor was made from countless shiny blue tiles plastered together. Outside Dr. Wily pressed some keys, turning the environment into a lush tropical jungle. The world was a place of unexplored wilderness and mysterious ancient ruins untouched by man for centuries. The air was hot and humid. They could hear the chirping of birds, the calls of monkeys, and the clicking of insects.

"Okay, I'm going to give you gear for the game," said Wily.

The players suddenly glowed with light and their clothes were replaced with armour and magician robes typical of an RPG. Koichi was wearing black robes, indicating that he was a necromancer. Yolei wore leather armour and carried a staff, the equipment of a druid. Sakura was in beautiful white robes, indicating she was a priestess. Shaoran was in plate mail and carried a sword, the equipment of a warrior. Madison was also in leather, but carried a dagger, and was really a rogue rather than a druid. Lastly, Meilin was in plain travelling clothes, the attire of a travelling martial arts monk.

Their game was essentially a persistent world, virtual reality RPG. They were heroes in this world, travelling everywhere they could in search of adventure and treasure. The party began making preparations for their journey. Koichi used his necromantic magic to raise a hulking skeletal companion to follow him. The spell casters also placed magical enchantments on all of the party members to enhance and protect them. Madison juggled a dagger as Shaoran twirled his sword. Each member was testing out their game-given powers.

The crew of Koichi, Yolei, Sakura, Madison, Meilin, and Shaoran approached the opening of a long forgotten Mayan temple. The pyramid was made from sculpted stone and was beginning to show wear from exposure to the elements. "This place is really creepy," said Sakura.

"Nah, it just makes the game that much more exciting," said Kero.

The group travelled through long stone corridors using the light of Sakura's priestess magic to illuminate the way ahead. They travelled through several tunnels without incident until they found a special room at the heart of the temple. At the centre of this room was a golden mask lying innocently on a pedestal in the centre of the room. There was a pair of gigantic statues of Mayans flanking the pedestal with their faces directed at the mask. Though motionless, they seemed almost alive, as though they were guarding the mask against any unwanted intruders. It looked like an obvious trap.

"That thing probably has a pressure plate underneath. Meilin, help me slide a rock onto there," called Madison.

Meilin lifted up a moderately heavy rock. She slowly slid it over the pressure plate, pushing the mask closer to the edge of its pedestal. When there was no room left, it tipped over, but Madison caught it. "Phew," she said with exasperation

However, the pressure plate wasn't the only trap. The room began to rumble. "Uh oh..." remarked Yolei.

The room continued to shake and rumble. The statues' eyes became alit with golden light as they began to stir. They rose up from the seated positions which they had been confined to for centuries. Dust and loose stone fragments tumbled off of their body as the statues of gods came to life. They looked around the room and noticed the mask in Meilin's hands. "This is not good..." said Koichi.

"Run for it!" cried Kero.

The team rushed back through the tunnels. The temple rumbled as the animate statues pursued, smashing their way through the treasure room's exit. When they finally made it back to the jungle, the statues smashed their way through the Mayan temple's entrance to follow them. "Don't these guys know when to give up?" asked Yolei.

"Well, if it's a fight they want, let's give it to them!" said Meilin defiantly.

Meilin rushed to the nearest statue and proceeded to deliver a flurry of blows. The statue shuddered with each hit, but remained standing. Noticing her by its leg, the statue made a swipe down at her. She rolled out of the way at the last moment. When the statue's hand hit the ground, it triggered an earth-shaking thud. Koichi hurled bolts of acid at the statue, corroding an indentation into its chest. His hulking skeleton rushed at the statue and began to hammer it with its fists.

Shaoran charged into the other, slashing the statue in the leg. Using this distraction, Madison scurried up that statue's back and began plunging her dagger into an exposed crack. The statue felt the dagger plunging into its chinks and attempted to swat her off. Yolei chanted spell to summon a lightning storm upon the enemy. At the last moment, Madison jumped off, allowing the lightning bolt to strike the statue. Weakened from Madison's chipping, electricity tore into the crack in the statue's back. Suffering devastating damage, the enemy crashed to the ground with a ground-shaking thud.

Koichi chanted another spell, this time swirling an aphotic cloud of negative energy around the remaining statue. The decaying powers of entropy whittled away at the statue, causing chunks of it to chip off. Shaoran slammed his sword into the ground, sending a shockwave racing along the surface. Upon striking the statue's left shin, its leg broke off, shattered into pieces. Meilin launched herself into a flying kick, striking the monster squarely in the chest. The creature's stony body fissured, eventually rupturing and falling to pieces from the strain.

The team exchanged a round of high-fives. "Yeah, alright!" said Yolei.

"See, I can hang with the best of you. No one can beat Meilin Rae!" said Meilin.

"She's sure happy," remarked Hawkmon.

"Oh yeah," agreed Kero. "It goes straight to her head."




The team left the arcade, passing by the parlour at which they ate ice cream earlier. At the parlour were Ryo and Aisha, who were spending time together there. They were finishing their date by eating ice cream for dessert. Ryo and Aisha crossed their cones and licked ice cream from each other's cone. "Mmm, chocolate!" remarked Ryo.

"The vanilla is soft and velvety," said Aisha.

"Oh yeah, c'est l'amore," said Tokagero as appeared beside Ryo.

"Quiet, you're cramping my style!" said Ryo, putting his spirit companion in a headlock.

"Huh?" asked Aisha.

"Oh not you, I was just talking to Tokagero... Hey, that's Morty!" remarked Ryo as he watched him take a seat at a fast food restaurant across the street. "Let's go meet him."

Ryo took Aisha to the fast food restaurant. It turned out that Kagome and Shippo were also there, to eat a meal with him. "Oh hi Ryo, going out on a big date?" asked Morty.

"Yeah, we were just about finished. I saw you at this joint I brought Aisha darling to come meet you," said Ryo.

"Hi! So you're the Morty my little honey bun keeps talking about..." said Aisha.

"Yep, that's me," said Morty. "We both do the shaman thing back home."

At that moment, Kagome and Shippo sat next to them. "Hi Morty, who're your friends?" asked Shippo. Morty introduced Aisha, who he just met, and Ryo.

"I work over at the spaceship hangar," said Aisha. "I'm part of the crew of the Outlaw Star."

"Oh, so you go travelling in space?" asked Kagome.

"Yep, there's lots of exciting things, different people, adventures... You know," said Aisha.

"Yeah, I've been here for so long and I'm still amazed at the kinds of people you can find here," remarked Kagome. "It seems like almost everyone from the anime worlds are gathered here."

Indeed, there were a lot of strange and exotic people in the Valiance base. Some of them could even wield supernatural and superhuman powers. Due to her experiences in the Feudal Era with Inuyasha's group, seeing such strange people was not unusual to her. In fact, she could wield supernatural powers like some of these strangers could. She was the reincarnation of Shinto priestess Kikyo. She had inherited Kikyo's ability to generate spiritual energy and empower arrows with it.

"Yeah," remarked Morty. "…To think that the war is almost over. I heard that we've cornered the head honcho on a planet somewhere... Cephiro, I think. We're going after him pretty soon."

"Yeah," said Mosuke, appearing out of thin air. "I'm sure everyone has met some wonderful new friends."

"Yeah, I'm kinda sad," said Shippo. "It will be a shame to leave them all."

"Uhuh," remarked Mosuke, nodding his head.

"Uh, who are you guys talking to?" asked Aisha.

Shippo looked at Aisha with a puzzled expression. At that moment, it hit Morty. "Oh, you can't see them..."

"See what?" asked Aisha.

"Our guardian spirits," replied Ryo. "Of course! You're not a shaman!"

"Huh?" asked Aisha.

"I'm a shaman, I can talk to ghosts," said Ryo.

"Oh, like those guys who let ghosts of dead relatives control their body?"

"Yeah, something like that," replied Ryo. "All shaman have a guardian spirit to help them. Mine's is Tokagero. He's right next to me, but you can't see him because you don't have spiritual powers like we do."

"Oh, is that so?" asked Tokagero. He began to make faces directly at Aisha's face, yet she was still unable to see what he was doing. He pulled his mouth open with his fingers and stuck his tongue out. "Ha ha ha, this is fun!"

Ryo grabbed his partner spirit in a headlock to shut him up. "Don't make faces at my woman!"

"Well, why don't you describe what Tokagero looks like so I have a picture in my mind," requested Aisha.

"Well, he's..." began Ryo.

"Handsome..." interjected Tokagero.

"...Green," corrected Ryo.

"Strong..."

"...Likes cramping his shaman's style!" remarked Ryo.

"Good with the ladies!" chuckled Tokagero.

"...And very stubborn," finished Ryo. He looked at his watch. "Oh look at the time. We have to get going, darling." Ryo and Aisha bid their farewells to Kagome, Shippo, and Morty.




On their way out, they passed Ross Syllabus and Naomi Armitage, who were meeting with Miho Karasuma. With the Syllabus couple was their young daughter, Yoko. "Say hi to Auntie Miho, Yoko," said Naomi.

"Hi!" said Yoko.

"You've got a very lovely daughter," remarked Miho. "She looks so healthy. You must really love her and take good care of her."

"Yeah, Yoko's precious to us," said Naomi. "We want some quality time together before we hunt Acme."

"You know, I can't believe it's gotten so far," said Miho. "When we first worked the Jeremy Dean case, I didn't expect things to turn out like this. I never would have thought we'd end up having to take down a mad man."

"Me neither," said Ross. "I thought we were making a simple bust of a gun running ring. Who knew that these guys were led by a crazy who's planning to blow up the world?"

"Well, see you later Miho," said Naomi, picking up her daughter and taking her away.

The Syllabus family went to the local arcade where Sakura and her friends had been to earlier. Dr. Wily set them up in his virtual reality game, which plunged them into a military base. The three boarded a trio of tanks and drove them out of the base's lot. Within minutes of travelling through a desert, they spotted enemy tanks moving towards them. Naomi closed distance and fired shells on the enemy. She locked on her machineguns and pelted the enemy with heavy fire. One of the enemy tanks returned fire, shaking her tank with the impact.

Another thud rocked her tank. "Yoko be careful! You're shooting me by accident!"

"Sorry mom!" she replied.

Yoko drove her tank past her mother's and began shelling the enemy with fire. The enemy tanks noticed her and began to return fire. Ross rolled up from the enemy's flanks and dumped shells over their ranks. He managed to total two before needing to reload. In the meantime, he used his machineguns to rain bullets on the enemy. The enemy turned their attention to him and retaliated with shells. Ross sustained moderate damage as fled back into the jungle he had come from.

Naomi shelled the enemy and followed up with several rounds of machinegun fire. She managed to take out one of the enemy tanks before they turned their attention to her. They rained shells on her tank, totalling it in a matter of seconds. Yoko returned fire as she backed out of the hotspot. The computer-controlled allied tanks began to move in on the enemy's rear with guns blazing. The enemy totalled Yoko's tank, causing her to respawn back at the base.

Yoko rolled back to the battle area and fired a shell at the last remaining enemy tank. Once it exploded, the game was over. The Syllabus family were returned to the real world. "That was a lot of fun!" said Yoko.

"Yeah, we don't get to play games like this together very often," said Naomi. "Would you like to play again some time later?"

"Oh can we? Yes, I want to!"

"Sure, we'll play again some other time," promised Naomi.

"She's a nice kid," remarked Dr. Wily. "She your daughter?"

"Yeah, she's only four," replied Naomi.

"Hey, did you like my game?" asked Wily.

"Yeah, it was fun!"

"Well, I'm glad you like it. I love making new games," said Wily, before turning to Naomi. "If you get a chance, why don't you come visit my arcade over in Dentech City? Here's my business card." Dr. Wily handed a card to Naomi. It was Wily's business card, which was for Wily's 3D Arcade in Dentech City.

"Thanks," replied Naomi. "I'll drop by if we're ever in town."




The Syllabus family left Wily's arcade and walked down the street. They passed by a large dome where Asuka, Rei, and Hikari were snooping around. They were trying to look in the window of the dome to see the people. They stood on the tips of their toes to peer into the window. The interior was that of a typical gym. There were athletes using various equipment from punching bags to exercise bikes. Everyone was drenched, having worked up a nice sweat from their workouts.

"Can you see anything?" asked Asuka.

"Wait, I think I see someone. It's Trunks!" said Hikari.

"Oh wow! Look at those muscles!" said Asuka.

Inside, Trunks was throwing rapid punches to a punching bag while Piccolo watched his technique. Even with his shirt removed, Trunks was drenched in sweat from the intensity of his workout. After Piccolo said something inaudible to him, Piccolo walked away. Trunks grabbed his towel from a nearby rack and wiped his brow. He took a drink from his nearby water bottle.

"Rei, why don't you take a look too? Aren't you interested?" asked Hikari.

"It's kind of impolite to watch him while he's exercising," said Rei.

"Come on! You don't know what you're missing!" said Hikari.

"Well..."

"Come on! He's gorgeous. You've got to see him!" said Asuka.

"Okay, you talked me into it," agreed Rei, who looked into the window.

Shortly after, Trunks walked out of sight. "Where is he? I can't see him," said Asuka.

"Rei, try climbing up that tree and looking at the window up top," said Hikari.

Rei did as Hikari suggested. She crawled along the branch closer to the window above her friends. "I see him. He just put on his jacket and is walking out of the door. He's coming our way!"

"Hurry Rei, get down from there!" whispered Asuka.

Rei frantically crawled back on the branch. However, her movements weakened it until it snapped under the strain of her weight. She screamed as she tumbled to the ground. Just when she thought she would hit the ground, she found herself being cradled in someone's arms. She looked up at the face of Trunks. She turned beet red when she noticed his muscles heaving against her body. "Are you okay?" asked Trunks.

Rei was too taken aback to respond. Hikari elbowed her to wake her up. "Uh yeah, I'm fine," replied Rei.

"Good, you should be more careful. Climbing trees isn't as safe as it looks," remarked Trunks as he placed her on the ground gently. "See ya later."

Trunks walked away as the girls huddled around Rei. "Oh my God!" exclaimed Asuka. "You got Trunks to hold you in his arms? Why does the good stuff always happens to Wonder Girl and not me?"

"You're so lucky, Rei!" said Hikari.

"It's not that big of a deal," said Rei. "Shouldn't we be getting back to Misato about now? She'll be worried if we're gone for too long."

"Oh right," said Hikari. "Let's go."




The girls ran over to Dr. Wily's arcade, where Misato had agreed to meet them later on in the day. The girls passed through the strange virtual reality machines constructed all along the grounds. They looked over to Lan and Mayl, who were playing a Netbattle game created by Dr. Wily. Above the pedestal like machine was a holographic display of Megaman and Roll's battles in the Net. They ran through a simulated castle fighting various viruses which decided to attack them.

At the neighbouring machine, Roger and his family were playing a virtual reality racing simulator. Their bodies had been transported into cyberspace where they raced Formula One cars across the countryside. Although the three other members of his family were fairly competent drivers, Roger was another story altogether. Every few seconds, he would accidentally steer his car off the road, hitting something. He overcorrected on a turned and crashed into a hot dog stand on the sidewalk. "YAAAAAAH!" he screamed before crashing his vehicle into a palm tree.

"Man, that rabbit is so crazy!" remarked Asuka. "He's taking that game way too seriously."

His son sped past the finish line, scoring first place in the race. Another racer sped past the finish line taking second place. Jessica crossed the finish line just seconds after, followed by her daughter. The other racers took the remaining positions. In dead last was Roger Rabbit, who crashed into the winner's stand just as Rick was about to get his trophy. When they returned to the real world Roger turned to his family. "You know, I think I’m really getting the hang of this." Roger's family was speechless.

The girls made their way to a large arena at the very rear of the arcade, where small group of people were sitting in the bleachers. The arena was meant for playing real time Duel Monsters, a game were the monsters weren't mere static holograms on a field. They moved around and chased the enemy duellist, who had to think fast to mobilize his own monsters and other cards to retaliate. At the centre of the arena were a pair of duellists who were playing their own game as Yugi and his friends looked on.

"Come on Touji, let him have it!" cheered Misato from the bleachers.

Touji played a Battle Ox, just as a Celtic Guardian came to attack him. The Minotaur-like creature crossed weapons with the elven swordsman, neither warrior able to overpower the other. Touji ran past the two monsters and played a second monster, a Giant Soldier of Stone. The stone soldier advanced on Touji's opponent, who suddenly activated a Trap Card. A dark pit opened under the stone soldier, dropping the monster into it. The soldier crumbled into fragments of data and vanished. His Battle Ox cut down the Celtic Guardian and proceeded to do the same to his opponent soon afterwards.

"Alright, you're the man!" cheered Misato.

"Wow that looks like fun," remarked Hikari.

"Hey, you're back," said Misato. "How was things?"

"Rei got to meet a cute guy and I didn't," grumbled Asuka.

"Rei got to meet a guy? Who?" asked Misato.

"Trunks," replied Asuka sheepishly. "You know, that martial arts guy with the spiky purple hair. He's really handsome and has big muscles."

"Oh, that guy?" asked Misato. "If I weren't too old for him, and if I didn't already have a boyfriend, I'd make a pass at him too. Now that you guys are here, why don't you play some real time Duel Monsters?"

Touji, drenched in sweat from running around, walked by Yugi and friends' bench. "So how was I?" he asked.

"Like a pro," remarked Joey.

"Yep, I couldn't have said it better myself," agreed Tristan.

"Thanks guys." Still feeling the rosy afterglow of victory, Touji went back to his seat beside Shinji and Misato. "Who's the man? I just kicked butt out there!"

Touji raised his arms victoriously. "Put your arms down, you're killing the plants," said Asuka sarcastically.

"Ha ha, very funny..." said Touji as he put his arms down. "Hikari, why don't you take a turn up there? It's a lot of fun; great exercise too."

"Sure, how do you play it?" she asked.

Touji proceeded to explain the rules of real time Duel Monsters and how to use the special Duel Disks to play the game. Due to the way the game was played, the rules were fewer and much simpler than in traditional cardboard Duel Monsters. Monsters were placed in the top row while Traps and Magic Cards occupied the bottom row of the card holder. Putting a monster into the top row materialized it on the field, where it would begin moving about on its own, taking general verbal commands to attack or defend from its controller. In general, bigger numbers on a monster meant a better, stronger monster overall.

Touji finished with an explanation of Magic and Trap Cards, which caused effects which swing the game. "There's more to learn, but those are the basics. If you want to check out the cards, you can use the computers in the seat."

When Hikari finally felt ready to try her hand at real time Duel Monsters, she strapped on a Duel Disk and entered the battle grounds. Her opponent was a random guy sitting in the audience, watching the others play the game. Solomon Muto acted as the referee for the battle and called for the match to begin. Hikari played a Rogue Doll while her opponent played a Mystic Horseman. As the two monsters charged at each other, Hikari put distance between the fighting monsters. She played three cards face down and another monster in defence mode.




Back at the arcade's main room, Roger and his family were about to leave for the day. It was getting dark outside as the sun dipped below the horizon. It filled the sky with rosy crimson light. Roger and family also had a dinner to attend, one which was being hosted by his long-time friend Eddie Valiant. The Rabbit family travelled down dirt roads and past various businesses that serviced the members of Valiance. After a fifteen minute walk, the group came across Eddie's home, a dome-like building.

Roger knocked on the door, which Dolores answered. "Oh hi Roger! Come in!"

The Rabbit family entered the dome with the kids scrambling quickly into the home. "Be careful kids, don't mess up Auntie Dolores' home," warned Jessica.

"We won't mom!" replied Rick.

"Hey kids, you want to play a game with Uncle Eddie?"

"Can we?" asked Rena.

"Sure, he's right over there," said Dolores.

The Rabbit kids ran and sat on Eddie's lap. "Whoa, I may be a robot, but you're going to break my leg at this rate."

"Dinner with be ready in fifteen minutes," Dolores called to Roger and Jessica.

"Mmm, I hope it turkey, or maybe its roast beef," speculated Roger.

"Yeah, it's nice to be like this for once," remarked Jessica. "It's been very stressful what with all of the problems with Omnipotence." Jessica sighed. "We met so many nice people, it's a shame that it will end so soon."

"It's so sad," said Roger, dripping tears from his eyes.

Dolores checked the meal baking within her oven. It had been roasted to perfection, ready to be served to the guests. "Dinner's ready!" called Dolores.

Eddie did the honours of carving the roast for the table. He gave small cutlets to the kids before serving larger ones to the adults. Everyone helped themselves to mashed potatoes, corn, cranberry sauce, and the gravy. It was a delicious meal, filling for the whole family. Eddie proposed a toast between the adults. They clinked wine glasses and took a sip. That night, the Stars of Destiny slept soundly, preparing themselves for the greatest battle ever for Valiance.

END OF CHAPTER

New Stars of Heaven/Heavenly Leaders:
None

New Stars of Earth/Earthly Warriors:
None