Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Tide ❯ A new beginning ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A New Beginning


Duncan sat at his desk in his quaters of the Chivaay cruiser. He stared out the window, and into space. This was a new experience for him, considering since he only thought being in space was only a dream instead of a reality. A lot has changed over the past few centuries for the frustrated immortal: humans have now established a new calendar year called U.C, people are now living in orbiting tin cans called space colonies, and they now have giant robots called mobile suits to do the fighting for them.
He didn't really like mobile suits that much, since it took away some of the fun of hand-to-hand combat, but it was another form of killing that he became good at. In fact, he became really talented in every art of murdering another human which didn't really bother him much, since according to the people who really did know him... he wasn't human. McCloud was an immortal that walked the Earth for centuries until he could kill the last one like him in the Endgame. But now he had a bigger horizon to cross, and that was space. He had to find the other freak of human nature to combat and fight to the death, so he could remain the only one and the most powerful being in the universe. Until then, he would be caught in the foolish wars of men.
The alarm sounded over the intercom and a female voice called "We are about to enter the atmosphere of Earth. Please report to the front deck and seat yourselves in your designated seat."
That was the signal for him to leave his quaters and return to duty. He finished his glass of whiskey and stood up, straightening his collar and walking through the automatic door. He later reached the briefing room and was saluted to by two privates guarding the door. McCloud returned the salute and walked through the automatic door, then he sat down in a seat not to far away from the door.
So I'm finally going back, he thought to himself. I'm going back to Earth.
"Everyone," the voice called again over the intercom, "we just entered the atmosphere. Please fasten your safety harnesses and remain seated."
McCloud did as the voice said and felt a rumbling feeling in his stomach as the descended through the treacherous collection of gases. He was going to fight against his old homeland, and be a part of one of Zeon's most tragic losses during the One Year War: Operation Odessa.
Converting /tmp/phpSZzXqZ to /dev/stdout