Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ The Tide ❯ Homecoming ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Homecoming

Duncan stepped down onto the solid ground of Earth, his feet feeling heavy after spending too much time in space. It's been almost a decade since he's been on his mother planet, so there was probably a lot to get caught up on with her.
They landed on an Zeon airbase in Arizona. The crew of his ship were sent here to assist a young captain named Char Aznable, nicknamed the red comet, to gain data and possibly annihilate the new Pegasus class ship White Base and the V Project mobile suits. He never met Char, and from all the stories he's been told he should be honored to see him face to face and shake his hand.
A Zanzibar class cruiser landed next to the Chivvay, and on the side a hatch opened also extending a small set of steps. On the steps, walked down a young man wearing a silver helmet and a black mask that covered his eyes. It was the man that everyone feared and respected, Char Aznable. Even though he was young, he was a very sophisticated individual and was a high ranking captain. Duncan could tell that there was a lot to this young man that barely anyone knew about, he could tell by his mask and the look on his face.
Duncan walked over to the steps of the Zanzibar and saluted the masked captain. "Lieutenant Junior-Grade Duncan McCloud reporting for duty, Sir," he said to Char. The young captain returned the salute and said "At ease, Lieutenant." "Sir," Duncan replied as he put his hand to his side.
"I heard a lot about you, McCloud. You made quite a name for yourself during the battle of Loum."
"Thank you, but it's not as reputable as yours, Sir."

"I guess so, but you're still popular among the people as a hero."

McCloud remained silent. He was never referred to as a hero. In fact, he never fought for much of anyone except for himself...and his son that's now dead. A military jeep pulled up by Char and Duncan. The man driving it saluted them and said "I'm here to escort you to the base. Please climb in." They both complied and the private drove them to the base.
Once they were at the base, they were escorted to the briefing room and were later joined by Garma Zabi who was son of Degwin Zabi, supreme leader of Zeon. McCloud was surprised that he would be in the same room as them: he didn't really think that he had that good of a record to be recommended to serve under them.
McCloud, Garma, and Char sat at the table for a while then the room went dark. Later, a screen lit up and showed them a display of what looked like a canyon. Then, dots appeared on the screen and an arrow pointed to a shape that looked like a ship.
"Earlier today," Garma began, "we spotted what looked like the Trojan Horse with our satellites. According to our spies, they are trying to get to Federation HQ in Jaburo. We must intercept them and collect data on their prototype mobile suits. I'll be with my air squad while you and Char attack them from the sides with the ground unit."
Duncan looked at the screen more, then looked at Garma. "Why are we going at that one ship with almost everything we have? Is the white mobile suit that powerful?"
Char interjected "I fought against the Trojan Horse and it's crew. They are only amature pilots, but their weapons are a completely different story."
"I see."
Garma stood up and said "We should get going. I will go with my squadron while you two lead the mobile suit divison." He then walked out of the room. "Good hunting, everyone." Char then stood up and walked out the door too, with Duncan following behind.
Little did the immortal know that the upcoming battle with the mysterious White Base and it's white mobile suit will change his life forever.

End of Chapter 1
Converting /tmp/phptMZ69B to /dev/stdout